26 replies to this topic

#21 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,546 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 01:41 PM

At this point, and considering the hype Oden is getting I'm just wondering 2 things:

1) How the hell did Oden even lose to Kaido?

2) Considering Oden did lose, how is Luffy supposed to defeat Kaido?

??

Oden is at most commander level. His biggest feat until now is beating a monster Luffy could probably CoC into submission. He wasn't even powerful enough to turn his blades black which IMO implies he's weaker than Mihawk.

Let's be honest here, Zoro effortlessly cut a mountain much bigger than that boar, and Oden was care free, but that was definitely not and effortless attack. I also got a sense that Hyougoru was prepared to handle the boar too

Kaidou on the other hand... One shot G4 Luffy effortlessly, destroyed an entire castle in one hit from miles away and fought BM for a few hours.

Their feats aren't even on the same league. And in terms of hype... "The strongest creature of the world"..."If it's one on one bet on Kaidou". Oden doesn't have anything close to it.

I very much doubt Oden was ever stronger than Luffy is currently. Hell, I doubt that he was ever stronger than Zoro will be at the end of the arc.

Edited by Strobacaxi, 01 November 2019 - 01:44 PM.

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#22 raptor13

raptor13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 11:30 PM

I don't know how, I don't know where, but that dumb baby boar will play a role later.  Getting major Skypiea and Mononoke Hime vibes here.

• Shin and capu like this

Next Nakama ballot:

Spoiler

#23 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 10:22 AM

Yay, Oden defeated a pig. Could've been more impressive if Straw Hats didn't take down larger animals on a daily basis - often without any weapons. Real progress in this chapter is miniscule: Kin'emon and Denjiro joined Oden, and Orochi is revealed as Yasu's servant in the past. To think the latter is more interesting than Oden's "big" victory.

So not feeling this flashback.

I unironically really liked that chapter (did not really like the previous one except for the Denjiro connection). I don't hesitate to criticise One Piece .

I honestly don't like Kinemon as a character (fan polls show that too) but that small love story with Otsuru was actually well told, genuine, and well executed. Open defeating the boar was the icing on the cake.

There is also the possible family connection between Zoro and Oden that fans are starting to speculate (bad direction, two swords style).

Fans are also making solid theories that Denjiro could be Zoro's master or fans like Tekking think that he could be his twin brothers with solid evidence, and another speculation is that he could be Kyoshiro (hairline, protecting Hiyori, and good with money). Oda could make any of these theories come true or none of them by subverting our expectations (hopefully not like Rian Johnson's Last Jedi).

I usually don't like Flashbacks but all of these elements are legitimately earning my interest.

#24 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,765 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 01:51 PM

??
Oden is at most commander level. His biggest feat until now is beating a monster Luffy could probably CoC into submission. He wasn't even powerful enough to turn his blades black which IMO implies he's weaker than Mihawk.
Let's be honest here, Zoro effortlessly cut a mountain much bigger than that boar, and Oden was care free, but that was definitely not and effortless attack. I also got a sense that Hyougoru was prepared to handle the boar too

Kaidou on the other hand... One shot G4 Luffy effortlessly, destroyed an entire castle in one hit from miles away and fought BM for a few hours.

Their feats aren't even on the same league. And in terms of hype... "The strongest creature of the world"..."If it's one on one bet on Kaidou". Oden doesn't have anything close to it.

I very much doubt Oden was ever stronger than Luffy is currently. Hell, I doubt that he was ever stronger than Zoro will be at the end of the arc.

You know speaking of everything you have to say.

I dont want to keep beating a dead horse... but this is the country that is so strong that they dont need marines and kizaru who was undaunted by two emperors was deterred by the mention of samurai.

Yet oden was the one who had to defeat that boar.

I mean... I think any VA should be able to take down something like that. Momogan was able to defeat a sea king, moria was about as strong as a va and he beat oz jr.

So I still dont see how this country is supposed to be as strong as oda hyped it to be. If it was there should of been 10 dudes ready to cut the boar down. Yet the boar ate... what a whole towns worth of people?

Oh and if the thread looks a little smaller because I didnt spam you all with an essay on my thoughts about this chapter well.... I have none

Literally none. Except that one above (why are they all so weak?) I just dont care that much about this chapter.

So I might be quiet for the next few chapters...

Oh also who ever mentioned tekking that kid is a freaking moron. He did an entire video on mayuri's sword and forgot to mention that it has the ability to turn stuff it cuts into water.... I dont even like bleach and I remember when he used that ability on himself to escape after getting half his body blasted away by uryuu.
  • Enbima likes this

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#25 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 08:55 AM

Oh also who ever mentioned tekking that kid is a freaking moron. He did an entire video on mayuri's sword and forgot to mention that it has the ability to turn stuff it cuts into water.... I dont even like bleach and I remember when he used that ability on himself to escape after getting half his body blasted away by uryuu.

Dude I never read Bleach e1ClrR8.png

#26 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,342 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 11:56 AM

Oh also who ever mentioned tekking that kid is a freaking moron. He did an entire video on mayuri's sword and forgot to mention that it has the ability to turn stuff it cuts into water.... I dont even like bleach and I remember when he used that ability on himself to escape after getting half his body blasted away by uryuu

Brcause it doesn't. It's shikai ability is to paralyze things he cuts. His bankai ability is a giant that spreads out poison.

Maryui modified his sword to turn himself into liquid when he is in danger. He can only turn himself into liquid not other things/people.

He also put poison into his vice captains snatch.

• KUROkami likes this

sUP3nUt.jpg?1

“I’m a slow learner, it’s true. But I learn. "

#27 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,155 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 14 November 2019 - 01:07 AM

Not a whole lot to say about the chapter. A lot more Oden build up with the Mountain God incident with everyone basically wanting to follow him afterwards and we learn why Kin'emon became so loyal to him. The few panels with Kin and Tsuru were cute. I do agree that I am getting Skypiea vibes with the whole mountain god pig and that baby one will probably show up fully grown again later in this arc to help out. Also I liked the introduction with Orochi and it was an interesting note how he started out as Yasu's servant. Him looking so meek really fuels the idea that he is actually really weak now despite his devil fruit. He might be weak enough where maybe Momo could defeat him. Still, with how much they are building up Oden, and how he is going to have another 20+ years to get even stronger until his defeat, I really wonder how he ended up losing in the first place. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users