• Raiden and Doan like this

#2 Doan

Doan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, U.S.A.

Posted 21 November 2019 - 01:24 AM

so, the more I read this is really making me believe that Naruto is still alive but trapped inside this barrier of Jigen and Jigen will end up taking over Kawaki body for a vessel
Pusha T - Story of Adidon

#3 SubzeroDegrees

SubzeroDegrees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 02:19 AM

If were going by the scene of Boruto fighting Kawaki from the beginning of the manga, it's likely that Naruto stays trapped in there the whole time until they fight. But that wouldn't really make sense. Kawaki says "I'll send you to join the Seventh" so if he were to trap Boruto there or in a different separate dimension, Boruto would be able to come back using Karma. Kawaki says he can do anything Jigen can so Boruto should be able to do the same right?

Also when did Sarada unlock the 3 tomoe Sharingan, I thought she only had 2?

• Doan likes this

#4 pyrogenic

pyrogenic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 02:53 AM

Sarada should just get some pants ffs
  • Chillman likes this

#5 paka

paka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 01:14 PM

If were going by the scene of Boruto fighting Kawaki from the beginning of the manga, it's likely that Naruto stays trapped in there the whole time until they fight. But that wouldn't really make sense. Kawaki says "I'll send you to join the Seventh" so if he were to trap Boruto there or in a different separate dimension, Boruto would be able to come back using Karma. Kawaki says he can do anything Jigen can so Boruto should be able to do the same right?

She got the second one from getting excited at meeting her father... no surprise she has a third off-panel... :heehee: I want to see a female Susanoo

:kakashi:  We back

#6 Doan

Doan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, U.S.A.

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:54 PM

True but we don't really know what Boruto can do at that point, Kawaki supposedly being controlled by Jigen and who knows who maybe watching over Lord Lord 7th(like that name lol) like this new character
Pusha T - Story of Adidon

#7 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 02:25 PM

Boruto - Still stupid as a summer day is long!

When is that idiot going to learn that Zerg Rushing an enemy all the frickin' time rarely if ever works the first time or any time after that? On top of that is his insubordinate crapitude. Sure Naruto disobeyed orders in his youth BUT that was based on Obito's words and always came up with a plan of some kind. Also for someone who doesn't want a 'leadership position' he sure has hell acts like Team 7's leader instead of the one person who does want that kind of job - Sarada.

Young Naruto always gave the impression of he had something to prove to everyone. Not being the literal Kyubi or dead last being the two biggest things. Boruto, geeze, he had everything Naruto never had - Parents alive, tons of friends, no pissed off Bijuu rammed into him, villagers don't treat him like crap on the bottom of expensive footwear. So what are the 'personal demons' Baruto trying to over come besides  'Daddy is never home enough?'

Oh, here is some irony with his complaints about Naruto 'never being home'. By rights Boruto should be in the same boat for being an active ninja.

Also the risk to him being Otochuski Possessed. . .for some reason it doesn't give the impression of 'menace' that Tobi or Akatsuki(when Nagato/Pain was mysterious 'Leader'). Heck, Toneri was more frightening before and after he got the Tenseigen. Frankly Jigan's plan is almost like the Elf Resurrection Plan in Black Clover. Don't know which mangaka came up their idea first but there is a clear 'copy and paste' going on.

Edited by Graeystone, 25 November 2019 - 02:39 PM.

z8EE0.png

"I Am Of The Outside Looking Inward. A Perpetual Observer. A Persona Non Grata."

#8 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 03:33 PM

Hi!

So, I've refused to read Boruto because I am still disappointed with the ending of Naruto and didn't want to suffer through this seemingly lame next generation of ninjas. Only exposure to Boruto really were those few chapters released right after the ending of Naruto that focused on the whole "is-sakura-sarada's-mother?" thing.

Although I've been made aware that Boruto in no way captures the spirit, excitement, and great story that was Naruto, would y'all still say it's worth to read? Or do people only follow Boruto just to keep up with favorite old characters? 

#9 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 07:40 PM

Hi!

So, I've refused to read Boruto because I am still disappointed with the ending of Naruto and didn't want to suffer through this seemingly lame next generation of ninjas. Only exposure to Boruto really were those few chapters released right after the ending of Naruto that focused on the whole "is-sakura-sarada's-mother?" thing.

Although I've been made aware that Boruto in no way captures the spirit, excitement, and great story that was Naruto, would y'all still say it's worth to read? Or do people only follow Boruto just to keep up with favorite old characters? 

See my previous post.

At this point I'm seriously tempted to start rooting for the villains to kill Boruto. . .and that's the real tragedy - the rest of Next Generation cast are interesting and are well done in the spirit of the Kohona 11/Rookie 9. . .except for Boruto. Asking or looking around the internet, people tend to find Himawari to be the more interesting character. if the goal was to make Boruto a 'Scrappy-Doo Main Character' then they succeeded beyond everyone's expectations. How the hell Japan puts up with the series as is, is beyond me.

z8EE0.png

"I Am Of The Outside Looking Inward. A Perpetual Observer. A Persona Non Grata."

#10 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,334 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 27 November 2019 - 02:46 PM

Boruto - Still stupid as a summer day is long!
When is that idiot going to learn that Zerg Rushing an enemy all the frickin' time rarely if ever works the first time or any time after that? On top of that is his insubordinate crapitude. Sure Naruto disobeyed orders in his youth BUT that was based on Obito's words and always came up with a plan of some kind. Also for someone who doesn't want a 'leadership position' he sure has hell acts like Team 7's leader instead of the one person who does want that kind of job - Sarada.

Young Naruto always gave the impression of he had something to prove to everyone. Not being the literal Kyubi or dead last being the two biggest things. Boruto, geeze, he had everything Naruto never had - Parents alive, tons of friends, no pissed off Bijuu rammed into him, villagers don't treat him like crap on the bottom of expensive footwear. So what are the 'personal demons' Baruto trying to over come besides 'Daddy is never home enough?'

Oh, here is some irony with his complaints about Naruto 'never being home'. By rights Boruto should be in the same boat for being an active ninja.

Also the risk to him being Otochuski Possessed. . .for some reason it doesn't give the impression of 'menace' that Tobi or Akatsuki(when Nagato/Pain was mysterious 'Leader'). Heck, Toneri was more frightening before and after he got the Tenseigen. Frankly Jigan's plan is almost like the Elf Resurrection Plan in Black Clover. Don't know which mangaka came up their idea first but there is a clear 'copy and paste' going on.

I swear the bias is so real with you lol

Firstly, all of them attacked Boro head on, with the exception of Sarada who like you said, wanted to assess the situation and come up with a strategy first.

Secondly and contextually for that matter, these kids just got the shock of their lives last chapter when it seemed like their dad was dead, only for them to be lucky enough to go to his location in order to save him, followed by some evil dude LITERALLY throwing the fact that their dad could die any moment in their faces, and you expect a couple of kids to not get upset by that and want to beat the ever living shit out of this man?

But putting all that aside, I'm tired of seeing this tired argument about Boruto being spoiled bla bla bla

Yes, when compared to the life that Naruto had, Boruto (And everyone else in this new gen) has it easy, but that doesn't negate the problems that he has either. I dunno how old you guys are, but most boomers and some Gen X's today literally spout this same shit you are doing with the whole "This new generation has it easy" and how "The stuff they went through supercedes our problems" rhetoric when in actuality, we go through frustrating and messed up shit in our era too.

Boruto at his core is just a kid who wants to be his own man. When you come from an accomplished family legacy, people tend to assume that you're going to follow in those same footsteps and just automatically write you off as just another legacy and as someone who actively avoided following behind my family's career path, I fully understand how that frustrating that shit is. Why should he be defined by the privilege placed upon him by his family? Why must he be criticized because he wants to do his own thing? He didn't ask for any of this lol - Hence why he is following Sasuke's ninja way. Yeah he and Naruto share the same goal (To protect Konoha) but Sasuke's ways of going about it and his general freedom is enticing to someone like Boruto

And as for Naruto never being home, no matter how biased you are towards this man, there is and never will be any excuse to justify a father intentionally neglecting to spend time with his own family because of his god damn job....All that man does is LITERALLY doing paperwork all day

Naruto himself already admitted that he was wrong for that shit and his loyal fanboys refuse to accept that lol

ALL shounen dads are trash....That's just how it is lol

Edited by Tokoya, 27 November 2019 - 02:52 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#11 paka

paka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 28 November 2019 - 12:14 AM

Boruto sticks his nose in everyone's business like he is entitled... why? because he is the hokage's son (Boruto is spoiled  :lol:  don't defend him on that one). Meanwhile Himawari over here enjoying herself and taking it easy being the hokage's daughter

The boomers, Gen X etc. arguments will never end... my grandpa always said we had it easy - they had to walk from point A to point B, grow their own food etc, my dad had his share of complaints... microwaves, cellphones, aeroplane travel etc, I have mine Tesla, online education, 4K TVs OLED etc. and I expect the kids today will be complaining about space-travel, no screen TVs, jet-packs etc.

Naruto not spending time with his family has never made sense - based on his childhood experience, he should know better. Also true that living up to the high bar set by Naruto is impossible... why I give Boruto pass/credit for finding/picking his own path, and credit to everyone for not telling him otherwise

#12 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:18 PM

I swear the bias is so real with you lol

Firstly, all of them attacked Boro head on, with the exception of Sarada who like you said, wanted to assess the situation and come up with a strategy first.

Secondly and contextually for that matter, these kids just got the shock of their lives last chapter when it seemed like their dad was dead, only for them to be lucky enough to go to his location in order to save him, followed by some evil dude LITERALLY throwing the fact that their dad could die any moment in their faces, and you expect a couple of kids to not get upset by that and want to beat the ever living shit out of this man?

But putting all that aside, I'm tired of seeing this tired argument about Boruto being spoiled bla bla bla

Yes, when compared to the life that Naruto had, Boruto (And everyone else in this new gen) has it easy, but that doesn't negate the problems that he has either. I dunno how old you guys are, but most boomers and some Gen X's today literally spout this same shit you are doing with the whole "This new generation has it easy" and how "The stuff they went through supercedes our problems" rhetoric when in actuality, we go through frustrating and messed up shit in our era too.

Boruto at his core is just a kid who wants to be his own man. When you come from an accomplished family legacy, people tend to assume that you're going to follow in those same footsteps and just automatically write you off as just another legacy and as someone who actively avoided following behind my family's career path, I fully understand how that frustrating that shit is. Why should he be defined by the privilege placed upon him by his family? Why must he be criticized because he wants to do his own thing? He didn't ask for any of this lol - Hence why he is following Sasuke's ninja way. Yeah he and Naruto share the same goal (To protect Konoha) but Sasuke's ways of going about it and his general freedom is enticing to someone like Boruto

And as for Naruto never being home, no matter how biased you are towards this man, there is and never will be any excuse to justify a father intentionally neglecting to spend time with his own family because of his god damn job....All that man does is LITERALLY doing paperwork all day

Naruto himself already admitted that he was wrong for that shit and his loyal fanboys refuse to accept that lol

ALL shounen dads are trash....That's just how it is lol

Boruto wouldn't have been in that situation if he had only OBEYED SHIKAMARU'S FRICKIN' ORDERS! When compared to everyone else his age, yeah, he's a brat.

Be his own man? Are you kidding? Rasengan and variations(Naruto), taking a leadership role(Naruto), being stubborn as a summer day is long(Naruto), is very loud mouthed(Naruto), has face whiskers(Naruto), Shadow Clone Spammer(Naruto), vandalized Mount Hokage(Naruto), possible dojutsu(Hinata). [sarcasm]Boruto is making great head ways in becoming 'his own man'.[/sarcasm]

I never spat on the real life current generation. I did say that the rest of current version of the Kohona 11/Rookie 9 are very likable in another post.

This whole thing about Naruto being a 'neglectful absentee father that works late' is pure nonsense. Its easy to rip on him for 'being late getting home' but did you ever think about the other active ninjas who are also parents? Here's something people have forgotten when bashing Naruto for being like that - Active ninjas, including those who are parents, do mission that can last weeks if not a month or more outside of the near complete safety of the village! Just like in real life with real soldiers who are deployed half way around the planet and don't see their family for the longest of times.

Edited by Graeystone, 30 November 2019 - 12:20 PM.

z8EE0.png

#13 paka

paka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 03:35 PM

Boruto wouldn't have been in that situation if he had only OBEYED SHIKAMARU'S FRICKIN' ORDERS! When compared to everyone else his age, yeah, he's a brat.

Be his own man? Are you kidding? Rasengan and variations(Naruto), taking a leadership role(Naruto), being stubborn as a summer day is long(Naruto), is very loud mouthed(Naruto), has face whiskers(Naruto), Shadow Clone Spammer(Naruto), vandalized Mount Hokage(Naruto), possible dojutsu(Hinata). [sarcasm]Boruto is making great head ways in becoming 'his own man'.[/sarcasm]

I never spat on the real life current generation. I did say that the rest of current version of the Kohona 11/Rookie 9 are very likable in another post.

This whole thing about Naruto being a 'neglectful absentee father that works late' is pure nonsense. Its easy to rip on him for 'being late getting home' but did you ever think about the other active ninjas who are also parents? Here's something people have forgotten when bashing Naruto for being like that - Active ninjas, including those who are parents, do mission that can last weeks if not a month or more outside of the near complete safety of the village! Just like in real life with real soldiers who are deployed half way around the planet and don't see their family for the longest of times.

^^ This is the part I disagree with...

• These are supposedly peaceful times... active ninjas?
  • Naruto is sitting a few blocks from his house
  • Shadow clones can do paperwork... why not?
  • Even Shikamaru pointed it out... are you avoiding going home
  • Naruto himself acknowledged his shortcomings
  • Hinata's seems not too thrilled about it too... giving excuses for it

He still has time, and reconnecting with Boruto was a good start

• Tokoya and masterbio like this

#14 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,334 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 December 2019 - 09:08 AM

First of all, Kawaki was the one who opened the portal, and told everyone to come and secondly, all 3 of Team 7 weren't listening to Shikamaru and willingly went along with him. Boruto hasn't done anything bratty since that arc with the rich kid, stop reaching

Be his own man? Are you kidding? Rasengan and variations(Naruto),

Konohamaru spams rasengan as well, also, Naruto didnt even learn how to use variations of it until he was 16, Boruto did that shit instinctively at age 12 (In addition to learning the base jutsu way faster than Naruto did, without the use of shadow clones either), and even created a variation that Naruto himself can't even do.

taking a leadership role(Naruto),

Sarada is the one who does this tho....

being stubborn as a summer day is long(Naruto),

He's only stubborn when it comes to his friends/family...That whole "I won't give up on my friends" thing is the one thing that he and Naruto has in common, in addition to them both hating to lose....But that whole Nakama thing is a WSJ trope anyway

is very loud mouthed(Naruto),

He's nowhere near as obnoxious with it like Naruto was....You can see a perfect example of this in the anime right now actually, he and Sasuke went back in time to the Part 1 era

has face whiskers(Naruto),

That's just genetics though lol...What is he and Himawari supposed to do about that lol

Shadow Clone Spammer(Naruto),

He doesn't spam shadow clones (One of his major weaknesses rn is that his chakra reserves aren't large enough for him to be able to spam them like Naruto can....). But like I said earlier, he spams rasengan

vandalized Mount Hokage(Naruto),

This literally only happened once in episode 1 of the anime......And that was just a spur of the moment thing because he and Denki were late for orientation

possible dojutsu(Hinata).

His dojutsu is an Otsutsuki thing actually

[sarcasm]Boruto is making great head ways in becoming 'his own man'.[/sarcasm]

Let's see:

1. Can use 3 nature types (Lightning, Water and Wind) at age 12 - Naruto didn't learn any nature types until he was 16 lol

2. Has a dojutsu + Karma - Naruto has neither

3. Contracted with a snake like Sasuke did - Naruto is with the frogs

4. Is being mentored by Sasuke and not his dad

5. Has ZERO interest in being Hokage (Naruto's entire being existed solely/his dream was simply to become Hokage)

6. His most go to/natural affinity is Lightning (like his mentor) whereas Naruto's was wind

7. Already commented on the Vanishing Rasengan

8. He's way smarter than Naruto ever was

9. He's way more skilled than Naruto

10. His character in general is an amalgamation of both his dad and Sasuke

I was just speaking generally about the whole "They got it easy" thing but I hear you

@paka already gave a perfect response to this last point already so in that regards, I agree with everything Paka said in response to this

Edited by Tokoya, 02 December 2019 - 09:21 AM.

• paka likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#15 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 02:25 PM

^^ This is the part I disagree with...

• These are supposedly peaceful times... active ninjas?
  • Naruto is sitting a few blocks from his house
  • Shadow clones can do paperwork... why not?
  • Even Shikamaru pointed it out... are you avoiding going home
  • Naruto himself acknowledged his shortcomings
  • Hinata's seems not too thrilled about it too... giving excuses for it

He still has time, and reconnecting with Boruto was a good start

Shadow clones are very limited. For one thing even the user doesn't know when one will run out of chakra and pop(Himwari's Birthday). Also have Shadow Clones ever been showed to be critical thinkers? A Shadow Clone could sign a paper which causes the next Ninja World War instead of preventing it.

Tokoya - At the start of the Naruto Series, things were peaceful to and yet ninjas still went on long term missions. The Wave Mission took, what, three weeks or something like that.

Also how late actually is Naruto? An hour late? Three or four hours late?

Edited by Graeystone, 02 December 2019 - 02:26 PM.

z8EE0.png

#16 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,546 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 06:17 PM

Hi!

Well on the good side, Naruto and Sasuke's parts are quite interesting.

On the bad side, literally everything else

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#17 paka

paka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 04:08 AM

Shadow clones are very limited. For one thing even the user doesn't know when one will run out of chakra and pop(Himwari's Birthday). Also have Shadow Clones ever been showed to be critical thinkers? A Shadow Clone could sign a paper which causes the next Ninja World War instead of preventing it.

Tokoya - At the start of the Naruto Series, things were peaceful to and yet ninjas still went on long term missions. The Wave Mission took, what, three weeks or something like that.

Also how late actually is Naruto? An hour late? Three or four hours late?

Outside of giving Boruto a pass on being spoiled and sticking his nose everywhere  :D  @Tokoya is right

Things were not peaceful at the start of Naruto...  Jiraiya, Itachi, etc. were out there trying to get a leg up on the enemy, ANBU missions - I lost count how many, and lets not forget the 4th died fighting, every side was in attack mode... the list is long. Remember the Chunin exam - even that peaceful event turned into an all out war :hmph:  with everyone including the kids fighting each other

In Boruto even the bad guys are playing nice trying to avoid a fight, watching their manners, no killing, kids from different villages end up in a cliche lovey dovey :shrug:

There was always that one Naruto clone being a smart a$$... paperwork would be kids play for him... but seriously, with Naruto's speed, living next door to his work place, after being told about it over and over, etc. - showing up after the kids are asleep is a fail, carrying food/lunch to work is a fail, sending clones to important events is a fail... the list is long

#18 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,334 posts

User's Awards

Posted 04 December 2019 - 01:07 AM

Outside of giving Boruto a pass on being spoiled and sticking his nose everywhere :D @Tokoya is right

Things were not peaceful at the start of Naruto... Jiraiya, Itachi, etc. were out there trying to get a leg up on the enemy, ANBU missions - I lost count how many, and lets not forget the 4th died fighting, every side was in attack mode... the list is long. Remember the Chunin exam - even that peaceful event turned into an all out war :hmph: with everyone including the kids fighting each other

In Boruto even the bad guys are playing nice trying to avoid a fight, watching their manners, no killing, kids from different villages end up in a cliche lovey dovey :shrug:

There was always that one Naruto clone being a smart a$$... paperwork would be kids play for him... but seriously, with Naruto's speed, living next door to his work place, after being told about it over and over, etc. - showing up after the kids are asleep is a fail, carrying food/lunch to work is a fail, sending clones to important events is a fail... the list is long

Exactly, the ninja world at that time was essentially in a cold war, there wasn't any village alliance/UN like what exists in current day

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#19 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:31 PM

Hi!

For me, the best thing to come out of it is the Naruto and Sasuke vs Momoshiki (or wtv his name) in the anime. The anime, especially during the taijutsu scene, is amazing. One of the best fight scenes I've seen in a very long time.

Aside from that... Well... You can see the discussion that goes here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users