#3 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,282 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 29 November 2019 - 12:49 AM

If we get some chapters focused on Gold Roger then this flashback will be worth it. Im hoping for that

Also I knew Oden’s wife was born during the void century! I hope we get some info of back then from that somehow! So thats 2 good things that can come from these flashbacks!
  • Raiden likes this

#4 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,413 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 02:15 AM

If we get some chapters focused on Gold Roger then this flashback will be worth it. Im hoping for that
Also I knew Oden’s wife was born during the void century! I hope we get some info of back then from that somehow! So thats 2 good things that can come from these flashbacks!

Baseless assumption, it wasn't stated in the chapter at all that Toki was born in the Void Century like you claimed.

I am still not a fan of Oden btw, but his interactions with Whitebeard and his crew where nice.

I wonder why Roger is intrigued about Oden for tbh.

#5 Zeta42

Zeta42

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 02:38 AM

Baseless assumption, it wasn't stated in the chapter at all that Toki was born in the Void Century like you claimed.

She was born around 800 years ago. Yeah, that totally doesn't mean it was during the Void Century.

#6 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 04:28 AM

Why is this flashback sooooo long if Oden isn't going to join the SH crew?

17.jpg

#7 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 05:54 AM

I liked that chapter because we had more Whitebeard in it. And to be fair, Oden's excitment to see the world was pretty endering

• Abaroxa and Chillman like this

#8 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 29 November 2019 - 06:16 AM

how old is Oden in this chapter? Got it hes about 27.

I thought hes about 21. Like the other disoriented dude, who met a 26 years old beauty.

Edited by Enbima, 29 November 2019 - 06:31 AM.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#9 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 06:49 AM

how old is Oden in this chapter? Got it hes about 27.

I thought hes about 21. Like the other disoriented dude, who met a 26 years old beauty.

Oden is 26, Roger is 44 / Garp is 45 / WB is 41 / BM is 35

#10 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,413 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 07:27 AM

Where are you getting their ages from btw?

#11 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,765 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 07:34 AM

Ok if that is your excuse fine. But that means that WB knew ace was content being a follower.
Does that finally prove that ace is a whimp?

Wait....marco.... is that for real? There are over 20,000 islands in OP? How old is this Marco 5?

Why does wb care about the country? Are we still pretending wano is some strong country? Oden is the most powerful there from what we have seen, he could stop anyone coming after WB who thinks it was a kidnapping.
Also.... (wb doesnt know this) but it is common knowledge oden tried and failed many times to set sail, so the country would 100% NOT think it was a kidnapping.

Wb "if all I cared about was strength I would let oden join me."
The same fucking chapter*
Wb "hey oden if you prove how strong you are you can join me"

Ya ya I am sure in Japan this is a genius test to show how much oden loves WB. But what I see is: wb correctly pointed out that oden is a head strong leader type who does what ever he wants. This "test" will only show how head strong oden is.

"I will never forgive you" has anyone who isnt fodder ever said this? I am trying to think back. Maybe shanks said it to the mountain bandit? But not forgiving someone seems like what fodder say and "I will send you flying" is what non fodder says..... regardless when ever I see "I will never forgive you" I know fodder is talking.

Well actually he "gave up" on his ambitions. Oden is a bad person to have around. He is like robin. He gave up on being a dinamo, he gave up on trying to join your crew, eventually he will give up on your crew and join roger's crew. This guy is a quitter who goes where ever he wants with no loyalties to anyone but himself. So.... no dont let him in your crew.

So in Eldorado Cortez was really cruel to stowaways. Younger me would be heart broken to see a pirate treat stowaways this nice...

So when oda calls pirates "great pirates" doesnt that mean they are emperors? I guess I am thinking of people calling lola's mom a great pirate. So is this roger as an emperor?

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#12 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 08:31 AM

Where are you getting their ages from btw?

Just maths..

Oden started is flashback with 18 (38 years ago), then he became kuri daiymio with 20 and 6 years later WB reached wano. It took WB a week to fix the ship and +3 days of Oden trying to get to the mobydick.

Roger died 24 years ago and we know he died at age 53.

WB died 2 years ago and he died at age 72.

Garp is currently 78 and BM is 68.

Ok if that is your excuse fine. But that means that WB knew ace was content being a follower.
Does that finally prove that ace is a whimp?

1. WB ended up going back on his word. He accepted Oden in his ship.

This means he wasn't a rule set on stone.

2. The two exception for his policy were ace and BB.

Both members of the D clan.

WB knows the secret of the D.

3.  Both Ace a BB were the cataclysm for the end of the WB pirates.

Wb "if all I cared about was strength I would let oden join me."
The same fucking chapter*
Wb "hey oden if you prove how strong you are you can join me"

think it was about determination.

and what really impressed WB was the fact that he threw all away for someone else.

This proves Oden ego isn't too big that ends up only carrying about himself.

• Raiden and dbgetblack like this

#13 Zeta42

Zeta42

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 08:35 AM

Wait....marco.... is that for real? There are over 20,000 islands in OP? How old is this Marco 5?

There are more than that on our planet.

#14 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 08:36 AM

Well actually he "gave up" on his ambitions. Oden is a bad person to have around. He is like robin. He gave up on being a dinamo, he gave up on trying to join your crew, eventually he will give up on your crew and join roger's crew. This guy is a quitter who goes where ever he wants with no loyalties to anyone but himself. So.... no dont let him in your crew.

Robin?!.. more like Jimbe.

Jimbe has done the most treacherous acts in the series.

#15 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 09:40 AM

Wouldn't it be awful if we found out that the reason why kinemon and the others went 20 years into to future is because toki can only travel 20 years into to the future.
The reason why she is from 800 years in the past is because she keeps getting in troubles and her only way of escaping is to time travel.
Think about how she was hesitant to use her powers, if there was no big drawback like the one I just mentioned she would just travel a few hours or days into the future.

#16 Red Opus

Red Opus

Ghost

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

User's Awards

5    3   

Posted 29 November 2019 - 10:01 AM

the way roger is drawn here he really looks like an older ace

also WB called oden "little brother" not "son" for obvious reasons he knows oden will be a transient figure in his crew & not a permanent fixture

.... the germ pirates are huge....

#17 Royal_King

Royal_King

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationTrinidad

Posted 29 November 2019 - 10:09 AM

First chapter in this flash back I really like. Seeing Oden happy but more importantly seeing Whitebeard and his crew when they were young. Roger time next. 

HXZmyoy.jpg

A Champion of Champions may not be a Hero

#18 Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 02:07 PM

I think almost everyone had already assumed it but it's nice to get confirmation that Toki is from the Void Century era. I'm interested in her reasons for coming so far into the future, especially since it's heavily implied that the she can also see into the future as well as travel through. It also adds some weight to Kid Frost's theory about Zunesha.

Toki and Oden's first meeting reminded me heavily of Hiyori and Zoro first encounter with the latter protecting the former from being attacked only to pass out afterwards and being taken care of by the person they saved. I'm sure it was intentional but I find to believe that Zoro and Hiyori will ever become similarly romantic.

Oden  and Toki should leave Whitebeard within the next two years because not only is Momo born during that time (which means they'll return to Wano) but Roger comes down with his disease and begins his final journey that year and Oden has to be on the crew before they return to Reverse Mountain to pick up Crocus. At the current pace all of this could happen next chapter.

Just maths..

I knew math wasn't your forte when you made that bizarre claim about the OP Earth needing to have a full moon once a day but this is all wrong.

Oden is 29...the flashback started 41 years ago and he was 18 and as of the current chapter it is 30 years from the present day and 11 years after the flashback started. 18 + 11 = 29
Keep in mind we've had three timeskips during this flashback, he was 18 when we met then there was a two year timeskip during which he became the daimyo at age 20, another six year timeskip before he met Neko, Inu, and Kawamatsu, and another three year timeskip before he met Whitebeard. 18 + 2 = 20 + 6  = 26 + 3 = 29.

For the others just subtract 30 from their current ages (or the ages the would be for the deceased)...Roger is 47, Garp is 48, Whitebeard is 44, and Linlin is 38.

So when oda calls pirates "great pirates" doesnt that mean they are emperors? I guess I am thinking of people calling lola's mom a great pirate. So is this roger as an emperor?

I'm not sure since we don't know if the concept of Emperors existed prior to the Golden Age of Piracy which won't get started until Roger's execution (or rather his execution itself is what starts it). I haven't seen the raw for this chapter but if it's written the same way as Lola's statement in Thriller Bark then it just means a pirate whose named is well known around the world, so Mihawk would be considered a "Great Pirate" even though he's not an Emperor since he's regarded around the world as the World's Strongest Swordsman. Of course all Emperors would be considered "Great Pirates" by default but not the other way around.

• Kid Frost, dbgetblack and Chillman like this

#19 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,765 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 03:13 PM

There are more than that on our planet.

The WG is composed of.... what.. 170 nations? That would mean that there is a ton of unclaimed land out there.

Also it is amazing with all those islands Luffy only had to go to 4...wait that's it? green bit, alabasta(cheater) skypiea, w7. Ya wow luffy's log pose only took him to 4 islands before he was half way around the world. (But he cheated by jumping to alabasta with an eternal pose) oh wait did foxy's islamd count? Ok maybe 5.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#20 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 05:41 AM

I knew math wasn't your forte when you made that bizarre claim about the OP Earth needing to have a full moon once a day but this is all wrong.

Oden is 29...the flashback started 41 years ago and he was 18 and as of the current chapter it is 30 years from the present day and 11 years after the flashback started. 18 + 11 = 29
Keep in mind we've had three timeskips during this flashback, he was 18 when we met then there was a two year timeskip during which he became the daimyo at age 20, another six year timeskip before he met Neko, Inu, and Kawamatsu, and another three year timeskip before he met Whitebeard. 18 + 2 = 20 + 6 = 26 + 3 = 29.

For the others just subtract 30 from their current ages (or the ages the would be for the deceased)...Roger is 47, Garp is 48, Whitebeard is 44, and Linlin is 38.

Woah.. just like that?
I stick with what I said. The minks needs to specify which moon gives them powers. With so many moons, full moons should be more frequent than what they already are.
As for my maths.. it wasn't that wrong given how I thought the events of this chapter took place 33 years ago . You are right it was in fact 30 years ago but you should just try to relax.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users