• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Hikari-Senca

Hikari-Senca

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 31 December 2019 - 12:47 PM

Translated from the Korean scans, it's of course iffy and has some errors but it's readable and better than nothing https://w14.readhero...ia-chapter-256/

• Godpachi and Gazhead like this

#2 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,710 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 12:55 PM

https://mangaplus.sh.../viewer/1006023

Better version

• Tokoya, Raiden and Jekkusormi like this

#3 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts
  • LocationA really dark Pit...

Posted 06 January 2020 - 01:21 PM

Great Chapter! Tokoyami is so awesome <3 And that little Kirishima x Ashido scene <3 :) 

• Tokoya and Jekkusormi like this

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

9958384cd25b54e19f67b0e862a0d3b6.jpg

Spoiler

#4 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,428 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 03:12 PM

Great Chapter! Tokoyami is so awesome <3 And that little Kirishima x Ashido scene <3 :)

Agreed, Kirishima and Mina are adorable - definitely one of my favourite pairings n this manga by far. Come on Horikoshi, make them a couple already.

Also it looks like All Might is gonna tell Deku about another previous OFA holder. I smell a new power up coming potentially for Deku.
  • Tokoya and Raiden like this

#5 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 01:38 PM

I hope the previous OfA users' quirks are nearly useless at first sight and Deku has to try and give them some practical use. On top of that, Black whip was said to be enhanced by OfA so the same can appky to the rest. I still would love them to be stupid and weirdly specific.

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#6 Joe Musashi

Joe Musashi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 07:07 PM

I hope the previous OfA users' quirks are nearly useless at first sight and Deku has to try and give them some practical use. On top of that, Black whip was said to be enhanced by OfA so the same can appky to the rest. I still would love them to be stupid and weirdly specific.

I on the other hand hope they're at least something remotely plausible. One of the aspects of BnHA I can't stand are the ridiculously specific quirks that could not possibly occur as a result of anything other than stupidly specific reality manipulation. Being able to manipulate road markings? Are you fucking kidding me? By what mechanism of action could that possibly work outside the aforementioned? It totally wrecks what little suspension of disbelief I otherwise might have.

Out of the box stuff is fine, but there is a line that I think has been crossed too often in this series already. At times it has gotten to the point where I forget I'm reading a manga about super heroes, and instead feel like I'm reading the rules of a trap card from Yu-Gi-Oh or something.

Edited by Joe Musashi, 14 January 2020 - 07:10 PM.

#7 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationHyperbolic Time Chamber

Posted 14 January 2020 - 09:11 PM

Excuse you sir...epic trap cards

#8 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:36 PM

I on the other hand hope they're at least something remotely plausible. One of the aspects of BnHA I can't stand are the ridiculously specific quirks that could not possibly occur as a result of anything other than stupidly specific reality manipulation. Being able to manipulate road markings? Are you fucking kidding me? By what mechanism of action could that possibly work outside the aforementioned? It totally wrecks what little suspension of disbelief I otherwise might have.

Out of the box stuff is fine, but there is a line that I think has been crossed too often in this series already. At times it has gotten to the point where I forget I'm reading a manga about super heroes, and instead feel like I'm reading the rules of a trap card from Yu-Gi-Oh or something.

I don't think the point is whether the Quirks are ludicrous, its whether they can be used in a heroic or villainous situation.

z8EE0.png

"I Am Of The Outside Looking Inward. A Perpetual Observer. A Persona Non Grata."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users