Photo

The Best Anime of the Decade (2010 - 2019)

Anime

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,345 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 14 January 2020 - 05:31 PM

Please forgive me if this isn't allowed, but for those who put My Hero Academia as one of their top 10 anime in the 2010s, do you mind giving a reason why? MHA is definitely one of my top 10, but I've had this constant argument with a friend who fails to see why it's pretty great. I need someone who can better articulate the appeal of MHA, lol.

His main critiques of My Hero Academia is that it's too generic and has horrible story/world-building, pacing, and characters/character development. This person also only watches the anime.

He's clearly been watching a different series because Hero Academia excels in all of these
  • Jekkusormi likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#22 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 11:55 AM

A couple additions -

Most Disappointing Anime-

Gundam: Advent of the Red Comet - WTF happened with this one? What was supposed to be retelling of the original series ended up with nothing but very unlikable characters.

gen:Lock(Granted it isn't anime but a whole lot of people think it is) - This burning garbage pile of crap is borderline racism/stereotypes. I don't get 'triggered' much over Irish or Scottish stereotypes like a love for booze or having a tempter but, damn, it pissed me off when one of the first things Cameron(Scottish) basically said was, "Where's the booze?" I'm also sure not all young Russian/Eastern European(Former Soviet Bloc Countries) people are Goths.

Surprising Anime-

Black Clover - THERE, I SAID IT!

Sword Art Online Aliceizaton - I know I'm going to get some people to ask me, "Graey, have you been smoking crack?" Just hear me out - there is a saving grace to this series and that is the the Main Male Character is NOT -

1) Yelling and screaming his lines every ten seconds.

2) Crying tears of whatever every ten seconds.

3) A complete dumbass in social situations.

Edited by Graeystone, 15 January 2020 - 12:05 PM.

z8EE0.png

"I Am Of The Outside Looking Inward. A Perpetual Observer. A Persona Non Grata."

#23 YoWid

YoWid

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts

User's Awards

Posted Yesterday, 12:57 AM

I'm really sorry, @Goddess Nike I just now noticed the mention of me in my notification, I'll post my list later after work.

For now, I'd say best Anime of 2010s is a tie between 2011 HxH and JJBA: Stardust Crusaders, but the best OP (visually and aurally), hands down, goes to Kuroshitsuji's Book of Circus OP ("Enamel" by SID).

Spoiler Music by Gazillions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users