Deathkingdome

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,300 posts
  • LocationViking Nation

Posted 13 January 2020 - 02:00 AM

https://www.youtube....eature=emb_logo

A very good well thought out video that debunks a lot of misconceptions about Bleach. 

• JDG973, Godpachi, masterbio and 1 other like this

#2 Red Opus

Red Opus

Ghost

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,342 posts

User's Awards

5    3   

Posted 14 January 2020 - 07:09 PM

i watched it, i enjoyed it

• Godpachi likes this

fKuS5jT.jpg

#3 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 10:51 PM

If Bleach had a problem was that it had a 'Cast of Hundreds'. Sometimes it was darn near impossible to keep track of everyone and everything that was happening.

z8EE0.png

"I Am Of The Outside Looking Inward. A Perpetual Observer. A Persona Non Grata."

#4 ArSoNiSt JoE

ArSoNiSt JoE

LOOK AT ME KING!

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
  • LocationTrinidad and Tobago

User's Awards

3    4    4   

Posted 17 January 2020 - 04:35 PM

So much potential wasted. It almost felt like Kubo stopped giving a fuck after the SS arc...manga felt pretty bland and repetitive after a while. and don't get me started on that Fullbringer arc...and the way Bleach ended was just...sad ;=; Nothing worse than rushed ending. Flushed any goodwill that manga had down the drain

• ddboy102 likes this

241sbad.jpg

ArSoNiSt JoE's Finest Work:

Spoiler Parodies

Epic stuff from other OMF posters:

#5 Revenant

Revenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 08:43 PM

I've seen part of it.

I'm glad that Bleach seems to be gaining popularity over the last few years. Many people want the anime the come back, and newer YouTube bleach videos are getting lots of views. The mobile game actually has licensed the manga characters and got voice actors for them. This is significant because it's an official game, so it may be that we're getting a glimpse into the vas for a future adaptation.

#6 Professor

Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 09:12 PM

I think it is common for popular, long running shonen to undergo a sharp decline as their respective story progresses especially in relation to the initial hype. Given the weekly release schedule ,wrapping up everything to a  satisfactory level seems to be an exception rather than the norm.

Edited by Professor, 17 January 2020 - 09:33 PM.

#7 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 05:37 AM

So much potential wasted. It almost felt like Kubo stopped giving a fuck after the SS arc...manga felt pretty bland and repetitive after a while. and don't get me started on that Fullbringer arc...and the way Bleach ended was just...sad ;=; Nothing worse than rushed ending. Flushed any goodwill that manga had down the drain

According to Internet Rumor, Kubo wanted to stop the series after Rescue Rukia Arc

z8EE0.png

"I Am Of The Outside Looking Inward. A Perpetual Observer. A Persona Non Grata."

#8 Godpachi

Godpachi

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,979 posts
  • LocationFangirlin' anywhere & everywhere

User's Awards

Posted 18 January 2020 - 07:44 PM

What a lovely, well made video. My goodness, I always went into a deep depression when I remembered how the manga ended. However, him perfectly going through each arc in such detail made me realize I was blinded by my hatred and couldn’t remember why Bleach had such a profound meaning to me in the first place. (His video finally made me really understand why the series is called “Bleach” in the first place. lol)

Bleach will always have a place in my heart and Kubo-sensei will always have my respect. I might still despise the ending, but I can’t deny that the journey mattered more than the destination.

Great, I’m crying about Bleach in 2020. Jeez.
  • ArSoNiSt JoE, JDG973, D.Hyuga and 2 others like this

RIP Satan

1HIflq7.png

Currently At War With Insane Soul

#9 Revenant

Revenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 08:12 PM

According to Internet Rumor, Kubo wanted to stop the series after Rescue Rukia Arc

That just can't be true. Aizen was set up throughtout that arc. If that was true, then Aizen would have been a last minute addition.

Edited by Revenant, 18 January 2020 - 08:13 PM.

#10 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 12:12 PM

I don’t think we’ll ever know the whole truth behind the ending.

https://www.reddit.c..._world_by_tite/

This is Kubo’s afterwords about the last novel. Some of the comments accuse the poster of mistranslating and misinterpreting, but my take on it is Kubo’s health forced him to rush the ending. But it seems like the final moments were what he had planned from the beginning.

I highly advise anyone who misses Bleach to read the novels. Even purchase them if you can.

#11 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,359 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 02:21 AM

After 

Remember that quote you had in your sig from another poster. About how Bleach was like your best friend getting cancer and It claimed we all wanted to see how Kubo would end this circus? 

• ArSoNiSt JoE likes this

sUP3nUt.jpg?1

“I’m a slow learner, it’s true. But I learn. "

#12 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 06:28 PM

No one can deny that the ending was bad. Not even the most loyal Bleach fans. It really saddens me because I had so high expectations for the quincy invaders arc, especially when most of the MC were beaten and the Royal Guards were introduced. But we all know how that went.

But in the same way that let me down, it also left excited as (for me, of course) no other manga did. I love the design, I loved the idea behind the shikais and bankais, the characters, the interaction. Hell, I remember being like 10 years ago when Deicide 4 I think came out and Urahara blew Aizen from the inside. That chapter left so excited and pumped up. I remember when Shiki was introduced, when Kubo did the Turn Back the Pendulum flashbacks that were just perfect...

I can't hate Bleach. I feel sad when I thing about all the wasted potential sure, but I also remember it as one of the first mangas that I started reading and I will always treasure it.

(I also still have my Urahara hat! :D)

• Godpachi likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users