• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,794 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 03:17 AM

Genres: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Mecha, Mystery, Romance, Shounen

Summary: The manga centres around a certain boy who lives alone away from people, but harbours a special dream. One day, he meets a lone girl, and the story begins as he becomes part of the girl's destiny.

Written and illustrated by Norihiro Yagi, the creator of Claymore.

Currently running in Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine.

The scans are currently upto chapter 32 so far, you can find all the currently scanned chapters up on either Mangatail or Kissmanga.

It's a long way behind the raws though which are currently up to chapter 98. You can find the raws up at Lhscans. A word of advice though, the picture links for chapter's 1 to 35 seem to be broken on Lhscans. Though all the raws from chapter 36 onwards are working just fine on that site.

Link to Chapter 1:

https://kissmanga.co...avens?id=393647

Link to most recent scanned chapter 32:

https://kissmanga.co...i-raj?id=588406

So anyone else reading this series besides me?

I have read all the scanned chapters so far and I am really enjoying it.

Eve since December, we have been getting new scanned chapters upto two or three times a week btw.

Lacile to me is a great mc, I am liking his interactions with the main female mc - Leana and also Lulalola and his powers and backstory are intriguing.

As for this current Tomb of the Lusa King arc that the scans are currently at, well Popol's powers are interesting.

Suffice it say, she is an very important character not just for this arc but also for other future arcs.

I am kinda liking this current arc since the Gisau Tribe that Lacile encountered in the chapter 30 remind me a hella lot of Vieras. You know the race that Fran is from in Final Fantasy XII.

They are not the only non human species that the party encounter though.

#2 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 29 January 2020 - 07:12 AM

This actually do look interesting. I didn’t know the aurthor of claymore had another series! Im excited I’m about to start reading this right now!

#3 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 03:42 PM

After reading the first few chapters I can already see this manga is amazing. It’s like it was specifically made for me! A fantasy/futuristic Shonen action series is Literally everything I want from a story. I’m so excited.

#4 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,794 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 03:59 PM

This actually do look interesting. I didn’t know the aurthor of claymore had another series! Im excited I’m about to start reading this right now!

I personally loved Claymore a lot. It's definitely one of my top fave manga series ever that I have read, it's up there with Berserk, Hunter x Hunter, Attack on Titan, FMA, Boku no Hero Academia and One Piece. That's how much I loved Claymore.

As for this series, I am liking it a lot.

Btw if anyone is curious about my comment about the gang meeting other non human races that I mentioned in my opening post.

Well, here is what I meant by that:

Spoiler

#5 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 05:22 PM

I personally loved Claymore a lot. It's definitely one of my top fave manga series ever that I have read, it's up there with Berserk, Hunter x Hunter, Attack on Titan, FMA, Boku no Hero Academia and One Piece. That's how much I loved Claymore.

As for this series, I am liking it a lot.

Btw if anyone is curious about my comment about the gang meeting other non human races that I mentioned in my opening post.

Well, here is what I meant by that:

Spoiler

all those series are my favorite series too! I would add Made in abyss, Gantz and a few others but this lets me know u have good taste. So i know we’ll agree on this series

#6 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,794 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 09:12 PM

all those series are my favorite series too! I would add Made in abyss, Gantz and a few others but this lets me know u have good taste. So i know we’ll agree on this series

I haven't read Made in Abyss, but I liked Gantz too.

Anyways for this series, have you caught up to chapter 32 yet btw?

Some more manga spoilers in case anyone is interested:

Spoiler

#7 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 10:43 PM

I haven't read Made in Abyss, but I liked Gantz too.

Anyways for this series, have you caught up to chapter 32 yet btw?

Some more manga spoilers in case anyone is interested:

Spoiler

yep I jus caught up a couple minutes ago. I love it! Did you say could find translations for the rest of the series anywhere?

#8 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,794 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 11:30 PM

yep I jus caught up a couple minutes ago. I love it! Did you say could find translations for the rest of the series anywhere?

There are no translations anywhere to my knowledge. This is my general interpretation by just me simply looking at the raws for this series up at Lhscans.

Time for some more spoilers. The spoilers are for the third arc ahead of the Tomb of the Lusa King arc that the scans are currently at btw. This arc begins in chapter 76 of the raws:

Spoiler

#9 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 05:53 PM

Ugh after reading the spoilers I want to red the rest even more! You said they’ve been updating more frequently right? Wen did chapter 32 come out?

#10 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,794 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 09:24 PM

Both chapters 31 and 32 first got released on 28th January up on Mangatail. Kissmanga eventually got the scans for chapters 31 and 32 up a day later on the 29th. But yeah we had a double chapter release on the 28th - I was excited about that. XD

That is to say, both of those chapters got released just this Tuesday. A day before I decided to create this thread on these forums.

Anyways, this next arc is really hard for me to describe since Lacile and his companions really don't appear much in this arc until chapter 88. This arc begins in chapter 84 of the raws:

Spoiler

So there you have it, hopefully all my posts in this thread have given you guys, the general gist of how the story is proceeding in the raws from chapter 43 and onwards.

The only arc that I haven't give too many spoilers out for is the current Tomb of the Lusa King arc that the scans are currently at.

Since I am hoping that the scans will cover and translate the rest of this arc fairly soon.

Besides I like mentioned before in my opening post, the picture links for the raws for chapters 1 to 35 are all broken up on Lhscans. So I absolutely have no idea what is going on in chapters 33, 34 and 35.

But if you really want me too and ask. I could give you one last batch of spoilers of what is going down in the current Tomb of the Lusa King arc that the scans are currently at.

#11 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,794 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 02:23 PM

Chapter 33 is out:

https://kissmanga.co...epers?id=589064
  • PunkHazard likes this

#12 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,794 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 01:53 PM

Scans are now upto chapter 37:

https://kissmanga.co...Tribe?id=591035

Wow, what an epic free for all underground battle between Lacile, Lulalola, Popol, Jiura and that Lusa Guardian.

Good explanation by Popol about how the party is able to damage that Lusa Guardian in this fight and this also explains how they took down those angel like Photon Beasts earlier in this arc too.

#13 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,794 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 04:48 PM

The scans are now at chapter 40:

https://kissmanga.co...-Past?id=592340

I am just wondering what new attacks Lacile will think of to takedown both Jiura and that Lusa Guardian. Since none of his previous attacks barely damaged either one of his opponents at all.

#14 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,794 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 07:37 AM

Yay for a double chapter release. Since chapters 43 and 44 have now been scanned:

https://kissmanga.co...-Land?id=594892
https://kissmanga.co...Tribe?id=594893

I am personally really excited for this new arc that just began in chapter 44 since its gonna feature dragons. I love dragons a lot, easily my favourite mythical monster by far.

Anyways this Tomb of the Lusa King arc that ended in chapter 43 is definitely my favourite are so far. I loved all the battles in it and Popol is a great addition to the team.

Though that arc also raised a hella lot of mysteries imo.

Like what exactly Leana is holding in her hand in chapter 41 and also what the hell is her true name. Both of which that Lusa Guardian sensed from Leana in that same chapter.

Also who the hell Leana revived back from the dead, something that was mentioned in chapter 42.

Finally, if Popol's speculation is correct from chapters 42 and 43 - then who the hell murdered the Lusa King and for what purpose did the murderer do it for.

#15 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,794 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 11:50 PM

We now hit upto chapter 47 of the scans:

https://kissmanga.co...eason?id=596961

These last couple of chapters have been interesting, especially the relationship between the Rato and the Tsuta tribes and the hatred the Tsuta tribe give the Rato for destroying the dragons.

It will be interesting to see how Lacile and his companions are gonna deal with the dragons and the Tsuta tribe. Given that we saw previously in chapter 46, that photon carriers or people that use photon energy attacks are ineffective against dragons.

Meaning that Lacile, Lulalola, Popol and even this new kid - Noish cannot do squat all damage against the dragons. So I most likely assume that they gonna try to help the Rato deal with the Tsuta instead.

#16 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,794 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 04:07 PM

Now at the half century mark, since the scans are currently at chapter 50:

https://kissmanga.co...ombat?id=599241

After Noish get sneaked attacked by some of those Tsuta tribe members - it doesn't seem his counterattacks are to be having much effect on those guys.

Not to sure about the why Tsuta Queen wants is so curious about Lacile, after he got dragged to her location about by one of her guards.

I am getting Bran Stark vibes from that queen, since she seems to be maybe crippled just like Bran was - hence the reason she is in that floating throne like chair.

It looks like Lulalola used some new mirage or clone like power which saved her, when that Tsuta captain thought he had killed her.

Finally, two of those Tsuta tribe members look a hella lot like Clair and Teresa from Claymore amusingly enough. XD

#17 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,794 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 02:46 PM

Now up to chapter 57, thanks to a double chapter release of chapters 56 and 57 today.

https://kissmanga.co...ly-Is?id=603569
https://kissmanga.co...dship?id=603570

These last 7 chapters have been really entertaining, I am personally liking the battles a lot between Lacile's group and that of the Tsuta tribe. Especially Lulalola's fight with that Tsuta captain and that power up she used in chapter 56 to finally beat that captain.

Interestingly enough we finally find out the true connection between the dragons and Tsuta tribe in chapter 51, since we now know that the Tsuta actually become dragons when they near a state of death.

#18 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,794 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 02:05 PM

Over the halfway mark for this series, now that the scans have hit chapter 61. The raws are currently at chapter 107 btw.

https://kissmanga.co...urney?id=606977

That was an interesting end to this arc, what with the Tsuta and Rato tribes finally coming to some sort of peace. After Lacile made that Tsuta queen see that the Rato do honour the corpses of the dragons in their own way in chapter 60.

Btw I am just wondering if Leana again used that same mysterious object back from chapter 41 that Lusa Guardian sensed last arc, to teleport the Rato villagers to safety from that dragons attack.

Interestingly enough, it seems to be the third time so far in the series that Leana has used that mysterious object. We learn in chapter 60, it's stated that Leana used that mysterious object to help revive Lacile, since apparently he got killed by that old man during the end of chapter 4.

#19 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,794 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 02:39 PM

Scans are now up to chapter 66:

https://kissmanga.co...ptain?id=612655

Things are really heating up in this new arc and it's only just began in chapter 62.

Speaking of chapter 62, it looks like Leana has some really broken powers if Popol's speculation of her powers is correct.

Since it looks like Leana has the ability to revive dead people - like she did with Lacile after that old guy killed him way back in chapter 4. Leana also apparently has other powers like to rewind time and mass teleportation if Popol is right on how she used all her abilities to save the Rato villagers from that dragon's attack last arc.

Anyways in chapters 63 and 64, the gang encounter Rockwall, who is also from Leana's hometown of Ariadne. I personally like Rockwall's design a lot, he looks hella lot like ex Arsenal manager Unai Emery and/or Dracula tbh.

We learn that Rockwall is a member of one of the two factions in Ariadne - one that is opposed to Ariadne's royal family and Rockwall's main objective is to eliminate Leana.

Obviously Lacile is opposed to this, the gang start fighting Rockwall but he knockouts everyone except for Lacile pretty quickly.

Luckily for Lacile, backup unexpectedly arrives for him in the shape of Reve in chapter 65 and then later Diva during chapter 66. For those who don't remember those two, Lacile fought both Reve and Diva previously way back in the Thaick Town arc, that lasted from chapters 5 to 11 btw.

#20 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,794 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 01:39 AM

We are now up to chapter 71 in the scans.

https://kissmanga.co...Queen?id=616753

These last five chapters have intense, even with Reve aiding Lacile fight Rockwell in chapter 67 and later also Popol, Noish and Lulalola helping out Reve and Lacile -the entire gang got overwhelmed by Rockwell.

The party is split asunder into three with Lacile, Leana and Diva in one group, Lulalola and Noish in another group, with the last group being that of Popol and Reve as the gang is forced to flee from Rockwell.

In chapter 69, Lacile's group arrives at the ruined city of the Barbaros Empire and found out Rockwell's about true intentions of wanting to kill Leana. Then in chapters 69 and 70 its revealed, that the Barbaros Empire's ruler - King Barbaros - is actually the same guy that killed Lacile back in chapter 4 and is also the same person responsible for plunging the whole world into war around 10 years ago.

Later on in chapter 69, we see Rockwell meeting up with one of his comrades. Also we see that Noish, Lulalola, Popol and Reve all got injured in their clash against Rockwell.

In chapter 71, Rockwell chases Noish and Lulalola up a mountain. Though Noish deliberately choose that mountain path to seek another one of the Lost 11's aid, his sister Caligula who they finally meet at the end of the chapter.

I just hope she ain't insane like the real Roman Emperor Caligula was. The real Caligula killed the previous Roman Emperor and all his heirs with poison, made many outrageous tortures, raped his sisters, put a horse as a senator, enacted himself as a living god, made a full Roman legion wage war against Neptune - the guy actually made the legion shoot arrows at the sea. Summed up, the real Caligula was a nutjob.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users