Posted 14 February 2020 - 10:48 AM

https://www.mangatai...r/one-piece-971

#2 carmeliba3

carmeliba3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 11:02 AM

So Shinobu is clearly not the traitor...

#3 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 February 2020 - 12:44 PM

not such a bad chap after all, but it seems a bit short to me.

So Shinobu is clearly not the traitor...

was this still debated after what we saw in the chapter of Oden vs Kaidou? I thought it was made pretty clear that she was on Odens side since then.

#4 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 06:08 PM

I don't know how oda introduces a character 950 chapters deep and still manages to make me love him so much.

It's not that oden is simply cool and strong. He has traveled with WB and then with Roger who could have simply overshadowed his flashback but I'm still at the edge of my seat hoping for oden to survive. I know he will die in the end but I'm still hoping.

IMO Oden and the red scabbards fate are what could happen to the SHs if Luffy ever dies and leaves with a final wish.

People say that the red scabbards are boring and didn't click with the story. Well since they all are carrying Odens will I want them to succeed in the wano battle. Not just come out victorious, I want them to team up and take some of the big names on kaido side. I also want the traitor revelation and the why and above all else I Orochi the weasel to get a dignified punishment, not a quick death but something that is morally acceptable and cruel.

With the full reasons of Orochi explained, does anyone see the resemblance between DD and Orochi?
Both from blue blood. Both suffering from the sins of their predecessors and both shouldering limitless hate for the masses. Both had their fruit handed to them at a young age as well. The difference is that Orochi had the plan made for him while DD had to work hard and study for his plans to come to fruition.

Sorry for the long post but to terminate I will leave with a simply prediction. The traitor is momo unknowingly. If the old kurosomo lady touched momo, then there is a chance they planted something on him. Why else old they take a 8 year old for a battle other than to reveal this.
  • Abaroxa, masterbio and Madara D Dragon like this

#5 darthfury78

darthfury78

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 07:00 PM

I wonder if Oden is using armament Haki to protect his body? 

• Red Opus likes this

#6 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,794 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 07:58 PM

I gotta say that Oden was really foolish and naive though.

Thinking that scumbags like Orochi and Kaidou would actually honour their word to release 100 hostages and that they would leave the island if Oden kept dancing naked. More fool and sucker him tbh.

Also let's trust the dictator with his pathetic sob story who just executed my best friend's wife to keep his so called word.

By the way, Oden will definitely keep his promise when factories are erupting left and right for 5 years straight that obviously gonna need workers. Yeah, Oden will just ignore the daily executions in the newspapers. Those must've been bandits, not people who refused to work till death. Oden is an idiot period.

He is gonna die like a moron too. Oden willing to get boiled alive and thinking that Orochi and Kaidou won't do anything to his men after Oden dies is just naive and retarded thinking at its finest.
  • tenchu likes this

#7 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 14 February 2020 - 08:29 PM

Yes I figured the answer wouldn’t satisfy me. But I guess it could’ve been worst

#8 naahjly

naahjly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 09:44 PM

Damn.. Never felt this much for a flashback. Oden turned out to be more than i thought. He's quite stupid, but still....

Never wanted the Mugiwara crew to be as vicous as they should be this time around.

Edited by naahjly, 14 February 2020 - 09:46 PM.

• naahjly and Madara D Dragon like this

#9 Timppafin93

Timppafin93

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 10:25 PM

I wonder if Oden is using armament Haki to protect his body? 

You should read chapter again... Before clock shows "4 minutes has passed" you can see one of Oden's leg not covered in Haki.

So in short answer: No.

...But does Haki protect user such a thing? Answer is no. There might be a chance Oda makes that Armament Haki can help you withstand that kinda of stuffs a bit...

#10 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,415 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 12:37 AM

Hardening does not but the one Rayleigh used vs elephant can protect vs boiling water so either plot or Oden is simply just incapable of it

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#11 Timppafin93

Timppafin93

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 02:08 AM

but the one Rayleigh used vs elephant can protect vs boiling water

Isn't that just you can damage target without contact but still need to be close / destroys targets inside-out? How that does help you against boiling oil?

It hasn't been mentioned is Oden boiled in water or oil but looking how quickly that one guy died my guess is that it's oil...

*Edit: One page mentions it's oil, i just somehow missed it *big facepalm*

Also boiling water goes up to 100 Celsius while boiling oil is much hotter (depending on what kind oil is used. Quick look at internet it changes between around 200 C to 300 C).

In Chp. 960 Oden is boiling some Oden and after finishing eating he hold on hot pot with bare hand to drink liquid (Must be water because who would drink boiling oil?).

My guess is that because of his huge tolerance to pain, boiling water would been for him like a hot spring and that's why he's been boiling in oil instead.

Edited by Timppafin93, 15 February 2020 - 11:50 PM.

#12 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,254 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 15 February 2020 - 05:05 AM

I wonder why the traitor would step into the pot and not just reveal himself by now...

Unless its not one of the 9 but TOKI. Lol

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#13 Youngflash

Youngflash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 07:19 AM

I wonder why the traitor would step into the pot and not just reveal himself by now...

Unless its not one of the 9 but TOKI. Lol

Kanjuroo expressions was quite traitor-ish!

#14 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 08:34 AM

Toki is the traitor. What if she is part of the same familly as Orochi? Maybe she has another motive like betraying because of her origin or to protect her children.

#15 Youngflash

Youngflash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 09:13 AM

The traitor still exist though, clearly.

#16 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,101 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 09:39 AM

Toki is the traitor. What if she is part of the same familly as Orochi? Maybe she has another motive like betraying because of her origin or to protect her children.

Kaidu saying that there is a traitor in your castle may take a whole other meaning...

We don't know the extent of Toki's abilities and maybe she is electing the only alternative future where Oden's dream of opening Wano comes to fruition.

#17 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 12:02 PM

After this chapter, I'm now less interested in who the traitor and more about why they are a traitor and why they continue to betray the group even in the present timeline. 

Either Orochi has some blackmail material on them that is still usable even after 20 years or they are unknowingly a traitor; a split personality like Cabbage or a den-den mushi or Vivre Card being used on them.  I suspect Oden choosing to continue his adventure instead of helping Wano when Orochi and Kaido were first starting their antics was the fatal mistake that started the traitor on their path. But who could it be? Most of the Scabbards were loners/drifters before Oden found them.  Maybe the traitor of 20 years ago and the present day traitor were two different people. 20 years ago it was the old hag who was spying on the group. In the present day, it's somebody else. Maybe one of the Scabbards actually died a long time ago and somebody else is pretending to be that person. 

I definitely think it might be Kanjuuro.  His 'look' could just be a disguise used to hide his real self. Maybe the original Kanjuuro died sometime ago and the traitor usurped both his fruit and his look.  His powers also make it the easiest to relay information to the Shogun. 

I bet Law will be the one to out the traitor's identity. 

#18 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,415 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 05:37 PM

Isn't that just you can damage target without contact but still need to be close / destroys targets inside-out? How that does help you against boiling oil?

Destruction is a choice and you just answered your own question in the first clause....
Magma is wayyy hotter and how do you think WB and Shanks managed?

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#19 Timppafin93

Timppafin93

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 11:48 PM

https://fanfox.net/m...TBD/c971/1.html

Newest chapter in Mangafox.

Destruction is a choice and you just answered your own question in the first clause....
Magma is wayyy hotter and how do you think WB and Shanks managed?

I think we're going to argue about this for while...

1. You can see Oden's leg how it's bleeding and there's nothing that shows he's using haki to destroy oil around him so oil is making direct contact to Oden. Not to mention all that heat Oden has to endure.

2. Shanks used sword as a "shield" when blocked Akainu's lava fist when he tried kill Coby and it did make direct contact so Shanks didn't use advanced haki to block it (chp 579). He didn't make direct contact with his body and it only lasted few seconds. What would have happened if Shanks had used his hand to block it instead?

Now to compare Oden: Oden has nothing to block against boiling oil (that piece clothing doesn't help) and he needs stay in boiling oil for 1 hour.

3. WB was a monster. He was old, had health problems and still managed to survive all kinds of attacks during the war and he didn't even scream when Akainu burned his face. Oden is healthy man when he had to go into boiling oil. WB > Oden when comes to pain tolerance.

#20 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 08:09 AM

Well it sure is good in OP that the stronger you are the slower your body burns. It really is amazing that oda can make that rule and also try to tell us that the magma fruit is one of the best in OP.
Also that feat isnt too impressive, crocodile was said to be unfazed by the ID baptism.

Also what the hell? Is this why they were to be executed in such a bullshit way?

On my god he is carrying 9 sturdy samurai!!!!! Guys that is like.... (180x9?) 1620 lbs!!! An impressive feat in the real world for sure but....in OP.... um.... idk man.... I feel like many characters could do that.

Also orochi. Forget the oil. Those retainers arent even "in the pot" they are clearly above the pot. So what oden is doing is all kinds of wrong.

Kiadou... for someone who cant die you really thought 1 hour was enough?

So oden danced to stop kiadou from kidnapping kids? You know what would of been a more effective method of stopping kiadou? Killing kiadou.
Man oda has a serious problem showing us stuff that is really unimportant... you defintally didnt need a flashback within the flashback to show us why oden was dancing.....

Also, oda should of given oden something impressive to survive. Like oden is to be hanged by the neck until death. And oden just flexes his neck and hangs there for a week. I recently heard that botched hanging executions could take up to 30 minuets to kill the person. So 1 week in OP is reasonable.

Oh or even better. Firing squad. Oden could shield his men with his body. Although... I guess bullets are kinda harmless in op...

But what ever.... god I am sick of these flashbacks... one day when op goes down as an all time great manga, instead of digital coloring like they did for naruto, someone should have the series somewhere without all the flashbacks.
  • PunkHazard likes this

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users