41 replies to this topic

#1 kenkage

kenkage

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 08:30 AM

Bleach will finally meet its animated end, as a brand new original video animation series will hit screens in 2020. After that, the Thousand Year Blood War story that ended the manga will arrive in 2021:

https://www.critical...series-in-2021/

I believe this news deserves a brand new topic for it, finaly... the story will be finished, personaly I have always believed Bleach to be superior to all other animes including Attack on Titan, the only thing holding it back was fillers.
  • Doan and masterbio like this

KfDNJUs.png

#2 beakedbard

beakedbard

Skull Knight

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 02:08 PM

I wonder if seeing it animated will make Unohana's bankai make any more sense. XD

• Red Opus likes this

#3 Giru

Giru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 02:39 PM

Finally  :ohyes:

• Fulmine and kenkage like this

#4 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,106 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 02:41 PM

I wonder if seeing it animated will make Unohana's bankai make any more sense. XD

We managed to see her bankai? Man I don't really remember, it has been so long...

Anyway. YES! YES YES! :D I even hope that they can explore a little bit more of how things turned out.

My god, so excited to see Ichigo being trolled and defeated again :laugh:

And more importantly, adult Hitsugaya, cat-form Yoruichi, Urahara's bankai, Shunsui as captain, so so much! :D

#5 kenkage

kenkage

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 05:52 PM

well we didn't have much good things happen this year infact it was the opposit (you know the Pandemic & all) so the return of the Bleach anime was a breath of fresh air.

We managed to see her bankai? Man I don't really remember, it has been so long...

regarding Unohana, I know I said fillers harmed Bleach but if there is one filler that I would like to see would be a filler about Unohana, like 2 extra episodes or so about her background just to give her some more screen time.

KfDNJUs.png

#6 WaffleCopter

WaffleCopter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 07:17 PM

I return and so does Bleach. Coincidence? I think not.

Also, I wonder how much the current lack of traditional battle series out there drove this decision. Boruto and Black Clover don't seem like they're lighting the world on fire, One Piece has its core audience that doesn't seem to be growing much, and it's pretty much just MHA and Demon Slayer right now that are doing gangbusters in the Shonen anime sphere now. Compared to back in 2012 when there were still big battle series everywhere.

Edited by WaffleCopter, 18 March 2020 - 07:40 PM.

• ArSoNiSt JoE, Fulmine, Clyde and 2 others like this

"Sometimes it's cool to commit crimes."

seriously go read Kingdom

and listen to Andrew WK

Umbasa

#7 ArSoNiSt JoE

ArSoNiSt JoE

LOOK AT ME KING!

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
  • LocationTrinidad and Tobago

User's Awards

3    4    4   

Posted 18 March 2020 - 07:40 PM

q98pYd7.jpg

• Fulmine, Clyde and masterbio like this

241sbad.jpg

ArSoNiSt JoE's Finest Work:

Spoiler Parodies

Epic stuff from other OMF posters:

#8 Revenant

Revenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 08:25 PM

I place about 50% of the reason it's coming back on the mobile game popularity and how profitable it was. It was probably the most reliable indicator of how popular the IP still was. I don't doubt they'll animate the novel if the anime does well.
  • Fulmine and Chillman like this

#9 Doan

Doan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, U.S.A.

Posted 18 March 2020 - 10:12 PM

I just pray that there is no fillers as there's no reason for it, unless I'm missing something

didn't Kubo write side stuff/books or something about what happened and if so, throw that in the end to sum everything up for the people who aren't aware, including me

Edited by Doan, 18 March 2020 - 10:12 PM.

• masterbio likes this
Pusha T - Story of Adidon

#10 WaffleCopter

WaffleCopter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 10:19 PM

I place about 50% of the reason it's coming back on the mobile game popularity and how profitable it was. It was probably the most reliable indicator of how popular the IP still was. I don't doubt they'll animate the novel if the anime does well.

If they do animate Can't Fear Your Own World, I hope they start hinting at stuff with Tokinada in during the TYBW arc, since that seems like that wouldn't be too intrusive and would set up the events of CFYOW better.

Also, I get the feeling Noriyuki Abe is a fan of Hisagi, given how much focus he gave him in the anime, so being able to direct a whole arc about him seems right up Abe's alley. If he's back to direct the Bleach anime again, at least.

"Sometimes it's cool to commit crimes."

seriously go read Kingdom

and listen to Andrew WK

Umbasa

#11 Revenant

Revenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 10:41 PM

I don't think they'll do that, but you never know. Tokinada and the little shota already have VAs though. As well as the entire squad 0.

#12 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A charming jerk

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,650 posts
  • LocationOne profile checks...Two profile checks...Three...

Posted 19 March 2020 - 12:26 AM

My first reaction:

https://www.youtube....h?v=H47ow4_Cmk0

It will be nice if some old bleach veterans gather around for this meme, but I will be sure to mock people when it is out.

Edited by Insane Soul, 19 March 2020 - 12:26 AM.

#13 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,230 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 19 March 2020 - 01:49 AM

Interesting that it is getting its final arc animated. I guess it makes sense given how big a series it was for it not to get full adaptation and the 20th anniversary seems like a good opportunity to do that. I wonder if it does well do they Boruto it and try to make a sequel series for their kids given that Jump is looking hard for new series given all the series that are ending or have ended now. Although I guess the Burn the Witch serialization is probably meant to fill that void. Anyway, I fell off the anime when I just jumped to the manga, but I'm glad it will at least be finished now. 

#14 Royal_King

Royal_King

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts
  • LocationTrinidad

Posted 19 March 2020 - 08:40 AM

I really hope they do flesh out some of the fights that were shortened or off screened. This would be the perfect opportunity. 

HXZmyoy.jpg

A Champion of Champions may not be a Hero

#15 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,981 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 09:24 AM

I think people need to temper their expectations of the anime "fixing" Bleach. It all depends on how much creative input Kubo has on the production, and if he even wants anything added or changed.

• ArSoNiSt JoE likes this

#16 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,106 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 09:27 AM

I think people need to temper their expectations of the anime "fixing" Bleach. It all depends on how much creative input Kubo has on the production, and if he even wants anything added or changed.

Yeah, I mean, at the end of the day Bach's ridiculous ability will still be to select the reality he wants so...

#17 Revenant

Revenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 09:46 AM

they Boruto it and try to make a sequel series for their kids

Fuck no.

#18 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 09:47 AM

Really happy to hear that the anime is coming back but shiiiiid, I will most likely re-read the entire series since I've mostly forgotten everything, lol.

How long has it's been since the manga ended? 5 years?

Edit: Dang, it hasn't even been a full 4 years since Bleach ended but it feels like it's been so much longer since then, lol.

Edited by Fenrix, 19 March 2020 - 10:22 AM.

#19 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,981 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 10:06 AM

Yeah, I mean, at the end of the day Bach's ridiculous ability will still be to select the reality he wants so...

Mostly meant the belief that various fights were rushed. It could've been that classic Kubo trolling.

#20 Revenant

Revenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 08:12 PM

Way I heard it he was really sick during that time. Could've taken a sick leave though.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users