Posted 15 May 2020 - 10:07 PM

Happy to see that Hawk most likely will live on

#3 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,633 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 01:50 AM

Dabi's performance has been pretty disappointing tbh, meh he couldn't take out a wounded hero and/or a student.

Anyways least we got some explanation for on why Dabi is trash talking, he basically needs the time to either recharge or cool off before he can shoot off more flames.

#4 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,935 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 07:04 PM

https://mangaplus.sh.../viewer/1006661

Anyone else prefer the fan translations over the official ones? Their font is better.

#5 Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 07:29 PM

Dabi's performance has been pretty disappointing tbh, meh he couldn't take out a wounded hero and/or a student.

:psyduck: He was literally about to finish them off when he got interrupted, by his own ally of all people. Dabi has been one of the few villains that's been consistently competent through the whole series.

#6 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,633 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 08:06 PM

:psyduck: He was literally about to finish them off when he got interrupted, by his own ally of all people. Dabi has been one of the few villains that's been consistently competent through the whole series.

For a so called competent villain, Dabi has a track record of choking and failing where it ultimately matters tbh.

He couldn't finish off Endeavour and Hawks previously. Despite the fact that Endeavour got injured during battling that high end Nomu a few arcs back and that Hawks also used his feathers up trying to save civilians.

Now in this arc, Dabi couldn't finish off a wounded Hawks and a student in the form of Tokoyami.

As far as I am concerned Dabi deserves the tag of being labelled a choker. Actual competent villains get the job done unlike Dabi as far I am concerned.

Edited by Baks, 17 May 2020 - 08:46 PM.

#7 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,935 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 08:27 PM

It’s not as if Tokoyami is a push over. He’s been trying to escape as well.

#8 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,633 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 08:45 PM

It’s not as if Tokoyami is a push over. He’s been trying to escape as well.

This excuses Dabi's own incompetence and failings how?

Maybe Dabi should actually try trash talking less and focus more on getting the job actually done imo.

#9 Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 08:55 PM

He couldn't finish off Endeavour and Hawks previously. Despite the fact that Endeavour got injured during battling that high end Nomu a few arcs back and that Hawks also used his feathers up trying to save civilians.

:psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck: He was interrupted that time too...do you seriously not remember Mirko showing up or are you just trying to be obtuse? I think one of the strongest heroes in the country joining the battle is a pretty salient point to consider as to why they survived.

Now in this arc, Dabi couldn't finish off a wounded Hawks and a student in the form of Tokoyami.

He had them cornered to death before Geten launched a mountain of ice that sent them all flying...Geten's actions are 0% his fault.

Maybe Dabi should actually try trash talking less and focus more on getting the job actually done imo.

He was luring them into a false sense of security by pretending he was low on power and thus stalling for time...and it worked. If not for Geten they would both be dead right now. Your points are completely vapid.

Edited by Fallen Angel, 17 May 2020 - 09:11 PM.

• Raiden likes this

#10 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,633 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 11:41 PM

:psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck: He was interrupted that time too...do you seriously not remember Mirko showing up or are you just trying to be obtuse? I think one of the strongest heroes in the country joining the battle is a pretty salient point to consider as to why they survived.

He had them cornered to death before Geten launched a mountain of ice that sent them all flying...Geten's actions are 0% his fault.

He was luring them into a false sense of security by pretending he was low on power and thus stalling for time...and it worked. If not for Geten they would both be dead right now. Your points are completely vapid.

So what if there was outside interference in the form of both Miriko and Geten in both of these occasions.

None of this changes the fact that that Dabi is 0-2 where it ultimately matters.

Come back to me when Dabi actually accomplishes something, then we can talk. Otherwise until then he fully deserves to be labelled as a choker imo.

#11 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,382 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 17 May 2020 - 11:43 PM

Anyways least we got some explanation for on why Dabi is trash talking, he basically needs the time to either recharge or cool off before he can shoot off more flames.

Dont be so certain that Hawks wont succumb from his injuries lol

So what if there was outside interference in the form of both Miriko and Geten in both of these occasions.

None of this changes the fact that that Dabi is 0-2 where it ultimately matters.

Come back to me when Dabi actually accomplishes something, then we can talk. Otherwise until then he fully deserves to be labelled as a choker imo.

You are blaming this man for other people's actions getting in his way....Wow :lmao:

Either way, I loved the psychological torture that Dabi put Tokoyami through

Edited by Tokoya, 17 May 2020 - 11:44 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#12 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,633 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 01:36 AM

Dont be so certain that Hawks wont succumb from his injuries lol
 You are blaming this man for other people's actions getting in his way....Wow :lmao:
Either way, I loved the psychological torture that Dabi put Tokoyami through

You do realize that on both these occasions, Dabi had plenty of time to finish off his opponents long before either Miriko and Geten interfered.

Dabi is at fault here, like I said before he should concentrate on finishing his opponents off first and foremost rather than shit talking like he normally does.

#13 Hikari-Senca

Hikari-Senca

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 09:34 PM

I have no attachment towards Dabi but If you're going to ignore the circumstances surrounding those examples I feel like you're needlessly shitting on him because of some weird personal dislike you have for him. I'm willing to give you that Dabi could/should have killed Hawks well before Tokoyami arrived which is a fair point but him getting interrupted twice, while one of those instances being because of Mirko, is not his fault.

By your logic, is Stain a "choker" too? He's one of the more popular/interesting characters and was about to kill Iida but he got interrupted by Deku but you never heard anyone say anything bad about that. Remember when Shigaraki was about to kill Tsuyu? Saved by Aizawa's quirk. OFA vs All Might? Heroes came to help for one last effort while cheering All Might on to keep fighting, who's to say OFA wasn't about to kill him before Endeavor and them showed up for those few seconds.

Even outside of MHA there's numerous examples of this. An easy one is Naruto: Kisame and Itachi, as strong as they were, had to give up on capturing Naruto and run away from Jiraiya. Bleach? Ulquiorra and Yammy had to bounce despite the latter almost killing Ichigo before Urahara and Yourichi arrived. Same thing with Grimmjow almost killing Rukia before Shinji saved the day.

I can go on and on but my point is that if you're going to deduct points from a villain for retreating/getting interrupted which is a pretty decades-old trope and kind of a weird nitpick then you might as well blame the genre/writer 'cause depending on the series, more often than not, what you're criticizing has happened a lot in fiction/shounen manga and with characters that are more iconic. Yes, Dabi hasn't had his "big" moment yet but outside of him not killing hawks before tokoyami showed up, which again, you can more so blame the writer/cliche for that, he hasn't shown himself to be incompetent yet either.

Edited by Hikari-Senca, 18 May 2020 - 09:36 PM.

• Tokoya, Raiden, Fenrix and 2 others like this

#14 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,382 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 19 May 2020 - 12:32 AM

You do realize that on both these occasions, Dabi had plenty of time to finish off his opponents long before either Miriko and Geten interfered.

Dabi is at fault here, like I said before he should concentrate on finishing his opponents off first and foremost rather than shit talking like he normally does.

Dabi is an a anarchist through and through, that man loves to tear down society, and what better way to do that than to break down the pillars both physically and psychologically....That's literally the entire point of all of his dialogue towards Hawks and now Tokoyami in this chapter....Shiggy and the others aren't solely seeking death and destruction, they're trying to reshape the world as well

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#15 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 12:59 PM

Idk, from what I've seen from the villains so far, Dabi's threat level is right up there after AFO and newly awakened Shiggy. Dabi consistently puts the heroes on the defense before being interrupted by outside influence  :shrug:

Trash talking is expected from villains before the kill, but Dabi's trash talk isn't purposeless. He goes for the mind and body in his tactics from what I've understood.

Either way, I'm happy Hawks is surviving (for now) but homeboy had death flags attached to him throughout the arc so I feel as if he will succomb to his injuries and Tokoyami will be hurt in knowing that he was not able to save his mentor. Ultimately, this will lead to growth on his part be it in the form of revenge or wanting to get stronger. Y'know, the typical stuff that happens when the mentor is killed in shounen.

With the giant dude on the move, the spotlight might shift to our other heroes and students including Deku. I guess (?) we're reaching the end of this arc so something big is about to happen.

• Raiden likes this

#16 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,935 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 08:26 PM

I’m not convinced Hawks is going to die. Sir Nighteye already filled the dead mentor spot. I think Hawks will have to retire though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users