So "kill it with fire" then?

#3 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 10:57 AM

So.... how does Amado even know all this stuff? Did Isshiki/Jigen told him during dinner once?

• Abaroxa likes this

#4 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,627 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 11:49 AM

Koji is Jiraiya 97% confirmed

• Raiden likes this

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#5 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 12:45 PM

Yeah that reaction from Naruto strongly suggests that

• KUROkami likes this

#6 paka

paka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 12:47 PM

So.... how does Amado even know all this stuff? Did Isshiki/Jigen told him during dinner once?

He spent a lot of time next to Jigen, and he was the most trusted... given his level of knowledge and scientific skills, should have been easy for him to spy on Jigen... Also - Jigen is too overconfident to care even if he noticed

I'm not there yet... I'm probably one or two Jutsu away from believing he is partly a clone, and not just a ninja tool - Toad mouth bind :D

Good chapter :thumbup:

Edited by paka, 21 May 2020 - 12:48 PM.

:kakashi:  We back

#7 Doan

Doan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,221 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, U.S.A.

Posted 21 May 2020 - 05:38 PM

Bastard child who was secretly trained by Ma and Pa in Mount Myoboku lol
  • Chillman likes this
Pusha T - Story of Adidon

#8 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 05:47 PM

My bet now is that Amado found Jiryia's body and reconstructed him into Koji. Like in a Frankenstein kind of way

• Strobacaxi likes this

#9 pyrogenic

pyrogenic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 05:50 PM

He looks designed basing on Witcher I think.

#10 Doan

Doan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,221 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, U.S.A.

Posted 21 May 2020 - 10:39 PM

I just really hope we find out who or what Koji is from or what ever,seeing Naruto take interest/knowledge from his old Master is quite intriguing

Edited by Doan, 21 May 2020 - 10:41 PM.

Pusha T - Story of Adidon

#11 larkos1

larkos1

N00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 01:34 AM

Is it just me or does the explanation Amado gives about Kama feel like a case of "Call a Rabbit a Smeerp" in order to shoehorn the theme of technology and advancement into the story? If the intention is to play it straight, it feels forced. However, if the intention is to show that "no matter how much things change they always stay the same" it's actually quite brilliant. Like I said before, the Otsutsukis have basically taken Orochimaru's gimmick to a cosmic level (from an out of universe perspective). The details are different but at the heart they are the same: forced possession of a host body to extends one's life. However, Orochimaru's version is explained in decidedly paranormal terms ("soul") whereas the Otsutsuki technique is addressed in sci-fi terminology ("data", "compressed backup file", etc.). Either path leads to the same outcome. Orochimaru was doing the same thing the Otsutsuki had already been doing for a very, very long time (in universe).

This whole arc is seemingly foreshadowing the return of Orochimaru as a major character and maybe even an antagonist. If it isn't, they sure are wasting narrative gold. You know even the smallest chance to get at the secrets of the Otsutsuki would be a temptation he couldn't resist even if it meant returning to the dark side. And with Amado having now turned on Isshiki, Orochimaru is the only character with the extensive scientific knowledge to help Isshiki continue building his perfect host body.

This whole scenario makes me curious if Orochimaru, Amado, and Jigen/Isshiki ever crossed paths in the past. However, I'm afraid that would lead to Isshiki ultimately being the one behind Orochimaru the way Kaguya was set up to be behind Madara.

Wait a sec, it occurred to me: ...could Boruto be turning into Samurai 8?

Edited by larkos1, 22 May 2020 - 04:36 AM.

• Raiden likes this

#12 paka

paka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 05:55 AM

Orochimaru
The potential is huge... he already has the science, similarities to Otsutsuki as you mentioned (immortality is his specialty/obsession), strong understanding of all shinobi, and especially excellent knowledge of Konoha
 - was involved in the Shin Uchiha incident who was performing similar experiments
 - involved with Ketsuryugan... Oyashiro/Chinoike
Mitsuki
 - Serving him - brainwashed/manipulated into think he is serving good
 - Can be recalled back to his side... who knows what Orochimaru did before his creation
 - Perfect candidate for betrayal... already showed all the signs (Mitsuki's Disappearance Arc)
Kabuto
 - Can be recalled back to his side... he never left, just lost his mind temporarily
 - has an army, had/has all the time in the world to convert/experiment on Shin's clones
 - already withing Konoha... can initiate an attack from within
Sasuke
 - long shot but possibility... Orochimaru still has some edge based on their past :lol:

Unfortunately, doubt that is the direction - this is a bromance [Kawaki and Boruto] - even Sarada might end up being sidelined

I took the scientific explanation in stride, just assumed he was explaining things based on the way he knows best - through science/technology - injecting data into a living being is too far fetched - could be more like DNA/biological... Jigen turning to Orochimaru or Katasuke is very possible

:kakashi:  We back

#13 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,382 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 22 May 2020 - 07:02 AM

99% certain he's his clone lol

Is it just me or does the explanation Amado gives about Kama feel like a case of "Call a Rabbit a Smeerp" in order to shoehorn the theme of technology and advancement into the story? If the intention is to play it straight, it feels forced. However, if the intention is to show that "no matter how much things change they always stay the same" it's actually quite brilliant. Like I said before, the Otsutsukis have basically taken Orochimaru's gimmick to a cosmic level (from an out of universe perspective). The details are different but at the heart they are the same: forced possession of a host body to extends one's life. However, Orochimaru's version is explained in decidedly paranormal terms ("soul") whereas the Otsutsuki technique is addressed in sci-fi terminology ("data", "compressed backup file", etc.). Either path leads to the same outcome. Orochimaru was doing the same thing the Otsutsuki had already been doing for a very, very long time (in universe).

This whole arc is seemingly foreshadowing the return of Orochimaru as a major character and maybe even an antagonist. If it isn't, they sure are wasting narrative gold. You know even the smallest chance to get at the secrets of the Otsutsuki would be a temptation he couldn't resist even if it meant returning to the dark side. And with Amado having now turned on Isshiki, Orochimaru is the only character with the extensive scientific knowledge to help Isshiki continue building his perfect host body.

This whole scenario makes me curious if Orochimaru, Amado, and Jigen/Isshiki ever crossed paths in the past. However, I'm afraid that would lead to Isshiki ultimately being the one behind Orochimaru the way Kaguya was set up to be behind Madara.

Wait a sec, it occurred to me: ...could Boruto be turning into Samurai 8?

I'm also fully expecting them to bring Oro in on this for the same reasons you spoke of, in addition to it sounding like natural resources are the key to taking them out, so maybe Sage Mode will once again come into place here since it uses natural energy

Edited by Tokoya, 22 May 2020 - 07:19 AM.

• Raiden likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#14 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 10:48 AM

Is it possible that Kaguya gave her Karma to someone?

#15 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,627 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 11:06 AM

Is it possible that Kaguya gave her Karma to someone?

I'm thinking she created zetsus, and gave karma to one of them before being sealed and that became black zetsu. She needed Madara's body though because Zetsu was too weak

I don't really remember the whole Madara dies part so I'm not sure

#16 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 12:00 PM

So is it possible that she had children to get a good vessel?

#17 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,627 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 12:16 PM

It's possible, but I'm also thinking her children/baby daddy could be the reason for the sudden Issiko betrayal. Love turned her away from it i guess?

#18 larkos1

larkos1

N00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 05:25 AM

Maybe Isshiki attacked Kaguya first and she somehow got the better of him? Or she discovered he was up to something nefarious in regards to the Otsutsukis?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users