45 replies to this topic

#1 Timppafin93

Timppafin93

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 01:22 AM

https://readjump.com...one-piece/980#2

While i was reading chapter i noticed Apoo's hand when he's about hit Luffy first time that was "separated", only strings were holding it. What "instrument" his hand is supposed to make, guitar?

I also hope that Apoo's and Kidd's DF names are revealed in next chapter.

#2 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 02:28 AM

I wish Luffy used future sight to dodge the attacks and that the images of him getting hit were visions. I'm not a fan of Apoo seriously damaging Luffy, even if they're both Supernovas. Apoo isn't even a F6.

Edited by Urek Mazino, 22 May 2020 - 02:57 AM.

• Raiden and Red Opus like this

XE6c6KC.png?2

#3 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,633 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 02:36 AM

Very satisfying seeing Kidd beatdown that traitorous scumbag Apoo.

#4 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 May 2020 - 03:27 AM

https://readjump.com...one-piece/980#2

I also hope that Apoo's and Kidd's DF names are revealed in next chapter.

ahh i totally forgot that we still dont know the names of those DFs

I wish Luffy used future sight to dodge the attacks and that the images of him getting hit were visions. I'm not a fan of Apoo seriously damaging Luffy, even if they're both Supernovas. Apoo isn't even a F6.

that could be purely because he has not yet been granted the right to challange them, because he still is relatively new in the crew when compared to others.

BTW i have not heard from u in a while (might be wrong though), glad to see ur still around.

Very satisfying seeing Kidd beatdown that traitorous scumbag Apoo.

Well we had it so many times the a certain attack seemed to have taken out someone, when it did not. But then again i too was surprised to see Apoos face when he saw Kidd, so u might be right and i have overestimated his potential by far. Still his attacks seem pretty destructive, since even Luffy and Zoro are hindered by them, i like that.

Overall good chapter finally again, i was afraid we get some senseless chase after Kaidous son, thus another stalling chapter, but this one finally had some action, its been ages.

Moreover Zoro acknowledging the average strenght of the "ordinary" fighters shows how much they have been underestimating the yonkous crew. Another good thing someone finally realises that they have been pretty stupid not to have garthered all their possible allies (SHGF) beforehand.

I still believe Kidd's attacks to be pretty boring, they dont strike me as specifically powerful either...

#5 Timppafin93

Timppafin93

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 04:25 AM

My guess is that Apoo's DF works only those that are in range to hear musics Apoo's creating and seeing how close Luffy and Zoro were to Apoo, i don't think they could have dodge it.

• Chillman likes this

#6 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,627 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 04:37 AM

One thing that made me not understand, but apparently French translation made it better:

English Scan: Luffy says: "We gotta force our way through they know it's us" Zoro replies: "I'm having trouble moving too"

French Scan: Luffy says: "Let's go, done with those costumes" Zoro replies: "And we weren't able to move well wearing them"

When reading I thought Apoo had seriously hurt Zoro, despite him not showing any signs of being hurt, but looks like not.

First Urouge, Bege and Hawkins, now Apoo, SNs have been seriously underestimated by the fans

Edited by Strobacaxi, 22 May 2020 - 04:38 AM.

• Urek Mazino likes this

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#7 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 May 2020 - 04:59 AM

When reading I thought Apoo had seriously hurt Zoro, despite him not showing any signs of being hurt, but looks like not.

First Urouge, Bege and Hawkins, now Apoo, SNs have been seriously underestimated by the fans

Well he is winded as far as i can tell.

Well Bege did not seem to be a real powerhouse, he was easily taken down, still i agree with the rest. Imo the SHs, even without Jinbei still are the strongest SN crew by far. I bet Sanji and Zoro could defeat several captains 1v1.

As for Hawkins, well although i still beieve that there will be really powerful cards in his deck, so far he seemed pretty weak, i mean Zoro took like 3 lifes out of 10 (iirc), even without actually fighting seriously?

Edited by capu, 22 May 2020 - 05:01 AM.

#8 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,633 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 05:41 AM

Well he is winded as far as i can tell.

Well Bege did not seem to be a real powerhouse, he was easily taken down, still i agree with the rest. Imo the SHs, even without Jinbei still are the strongest SN crew by far. I bet Sanji and Zoro could defeat several captains 1v1.

As for Hawkins, well although i still beieve that there will be really powerful cards in his deck, so far he seemed pretty weak, i mean Zoro took like 3 lifes out of 10 (iirc), even without actually fighting seriously?

I thought that in chapter 916, Zoro only took down two of Hawkins ten dolls. Not sure, where you are getting Zoro beat three dolls from.

I agree, Hawkins seems to me really weak and unimpressive. His whole fighting style is nothing more to me than voodoo and cheap parlor tricks tbh.

#9 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 22 May 2020 - 08:14 AM

Awesome chapter! I hope Kidd vs Apoo continues in the next chapter! You guys have no idea how excited I am to see Kidd fight!

#10 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 10:27 AM

I agree, Hawkins seems to me really weak and unimpressive. His whole fighting style is nothing more to me than voodoo and cheap parlor tricks tbh.

Imagine Hawk acquiring Kaido and BM dolls, he would be almost unbeatable.

#11 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 11:00 AM

Luffy and Zoro being hit this early in the game kinda bothers me. I don't want further excuses of "Luffy was tired" when he faces the final opponents, and sadly I'm already getting the vibe of it.

Also, I miss the time when Luffy would start a battle against multiple opponents by knocking half of them down with haki... It would've been fun to see him doing it again.

I just didn't get the hype from this chapter :s

Kid on the other hand was perfect! Loved how he smashed Apoo

• PunkHazard and trafalgarlawisop like this

#12 Oben

Oben

Reforged ♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,180 posts

User's Awards

Posted 22 May 2020 - 12:10 PM

I hope Apoo isn't down quite yet, I don't think any of the Supernovae should be able to one-shot another one, purely for the sake of competition. Hopefully him and Kid (and their fruits) get some more exposition next chapter. I hope Apoo reveals to him that he was working with Kaidou the whole time (which we know, but Kid maybe doesn't).

Edited by Oben, 22 May 2020 - 12:11 PM.

• Raiden likes this

#13 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 01:14 PM

I'm shocked that Zoro didn't get lost

#14 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,633 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 01:21 PM

He only gets lost by himself, not when he is with other people.

#15 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 May 2020 - 01:31 PM

I thought that in chapter 916, Zoro only took down two of Hawkins ten dolls. Not sure, where you are getting Zoro beat three dolls from.

i wasnt sure thats why there is the "iirc" in my post.

well i would not go as far as to call him weak overall, it all depends on what cards r still left in his play, but at least physical wise he seems quite unimpressive. 

Then again he is somewhat of a puppeteer so he lets others fight for him, which makes it plausible that he himself as an individual aint the strongest fighter.

Awesome chapter! I hope Kidd vs Apoo continues in the next chapter! You guys have no idea how excited I am to see Kidd fight!

u think Oda will not continue down the road he took since TS with everyone except luffy? I mean skipping fights has been Odas thing for years.

Luffy and Zoro being hit this early in the game kinda bothers me. I don't want further excuses of "Luffy was tired" when he faces the final opponents, and sadly I'm already getting the vibe of it.

Also, I miss the time when Luffy would start a battle against multiple opponents by knocking half of them down with haki... It would've been fun to see him doing it again.

I just didn't get the hype from this chapter :s

Kid on the other hand was perfect! Loved how he smashed Apoo

what u mean? Aint it clear that the SHs arent anywhere close to the lvl of the yonkous? It aint excuse when there is 0 chance that they currently pose any threat to them.

Unlike u i have been hyped only 3-4 times this arc, one was Zoro x Kamazou, which turned out to be a bad one, the 2nd was the 2-3 chaps when they engage and appear to/at onigahima.

I was rather astonished at how difficult to handle Apoo seems to be for Luffy and Zoro.

I hope Apoo isn't down quite yet, I don't think any of the Supernovae should be able to one-shot another one, purely for the sake of competition. Hopefully him and Kid (and their fruits) get some more exposition next chapter. I hope Apoo reveals to him that he was working with Kaidou the whole time (which we know, but Kid maybe doesn't).

Why do so many believe that thats what happened? I mean just this chap prooved that Luffy could go down in one moment and be back up the next second. Why would that be impossible for others? We have seen this the entire story of op, that u can tank certain attacks, which might severely hinder u for a time, but be good agagin after a few moments.

Ahh i totally forgot , yes thats so important to mention. Zoro did not get lost !!!! And thats speech of his even the Kidd pirates had to mention how outstanding his talk and behavior is :P  

He only gets lost by himself, not when he is with other people.

But he was not with other people he knew... what u mean, i mean he got lost from the back of this lion thing of Tamas, thus he certainly gets lost even with others around, so whats u mean? Tashigi still claimed he went the wrong way, but to be fair it was never truly proven he did.

BTW great chapter! Finally Oda focusses action again! He promised us the world for this Wano arc and the war in it, he better deliver, i need to see ALL the SHs (and even others like the SN) go all out!

Edited by capu, 22 May 2020 - 01:32 PM.

#16 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 02:23 PM

i wasnt sure thats why there is the "iirc" in my post.

well i would not go as far as to call him weak overall, it all depends on what cards r still left in his play, but at least physical wise he seems quite unimpressive. 

Then again he is somewhat of a puppeteer so he lets others fight for him, which makes it plausible that he himself as an individual aint the strongest fighter.

u think Oda will not continue down the road he took since TS with everyone except luffy? I mean skipping fights has been Odas thing for years.

what u mean? Aint it clear that the SHs arent anywhere close to the lvl of the yonkous? It aint excuse when there is 0 chance that they currently pose any threat to them.

Unlike u i have been hyped only 3-4 times this arc, one was Zoro x Kamazou, which turned out to be a bad one, the 2nd was the 2-3 chaps when they engage and appear to/at onigahima.

I was rather astonished at how difficult to handle Apoo seems to be for Luffy and Zoro.

Why do so many believe that thats what happened? I mean just this chap prooved that Luffy could go down in one moment and be back up the next second. Why would that be impossible for others? We have seen this the entire story of op, that u can tank certain attacks, which might severely hinder u for a time, but be good agagin after a few moments.

The thing is that if Luffy is aiming at being PK, eventually he'll have to start distancing himself from the rest of the supernovas.

In the last arc he tied/lost/won/whatever against Katakuri (it really depends on who you ask I think) who is the second-in-command for BM, so we know he's already at that tier at least. And now he even trained at Udon. Luffy has to eventually reach a point where only some opponents attacks arm him, no?

At least that's how I see it.

As a matter of fact, we have to remember that they were all supernova 3 years ago, right? Given Luffy's training I hardly believe the 11 of them are all at the same level now.

#17 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,627 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 02:36 PM

The thing is that if Luffy is aiming at being PK, eventually he'll have to start distancing himself from the rest of the supernovas.

In the last arc he tied/lost/won/whatever against Katakuri (it really depends on who you ask I think) who is the second-in-command for BM, so we know he's already at that tier at least. And now he even trained at Udon. Luffy has to eventually reach a point where only some opponents attacks arm him, no?

At least that's how I see it.

As a matter of fact, we have to remember that they were all supernova 3 years ago, right? Given Luffy's training I hardly believe the 11 of them are all at the same level now.

Apoo is a hax man. He attacks unprepared people, which hurts them a lot. Not gonna lie, I was disappointed Luffy actually seemed to black out for a second, but still the thing is that he wasn't ready for it.

Remember that Sugar can solo Kaidou. Apoo is like that. Even Kizaru had no idea what happened to him, he was lucky he was Logia, or we could've actually seen an admiral bleed fighting a rookie.

• Chillman likes this

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#18 SleepyMoon

SleepyMoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 02:48 PM

The Flying 6 will be getting into the mix next to try and capture Kidd. I'm convinced Kidd is Kaidou's son.

#19 Youngflash

Youngflash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 02:56 PM

It's totally due to the fact that Luffy was unprepared and didn't know what was happening that he suffered that damage the problem I have is the sole fact that he black out. I'm glad that it was referenced that kizaru took a blow like that from Apoo an wasn't certain of what happened! So Luffy suffering damage isn't a bad bad thing especially when it was a unknown unprepared attack! He isn't Kaidou or Big Mom who don't suffer absolutely no damage from outside attacks unless its super strong and haki powered!

#20 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,094 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 22 May 2020 - 03:50 PM

The Zolu out in full force in this chapter I see.

He can't get lost as he was looking for (and found) his one true love/sencho.

Yes love is always a hurricane.
  • Gazhead, Strobacaxi and Tale like this

tumblr_mvzbgsgUOj1rv8ck7o4_250.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users