#2 Oben

Oben

Reforged ♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,188 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 June 2020 - 02:55 AM

So Yamato is... an Oden-Stan? He probably heard Kaidou talk about his missed chance of an epic fight once too often :lol:

Other than that, I like Perospero going rogue, it adds some more spice to the arc. Given that he already speculated about Big Mom's succession in the family, maybe that's part of it too? Wanting to get profile as the true heir over Katakuri?

Ulti was fun too, good chapter overall.

• Raiden and Tale like this

#3 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 02:57 AM

I am liking Yamato's design, he is kinda like an Oni - a Japanese demon btw.

Quick question though, why on earth did he help out Luffy, when he took out Ulti?

#4 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 03:00 AM

Like father like son huh

This guy is strong, probably stronger than Zoro, maybe even Luffy.

I don't get why he's been waiting for Luffy

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#5 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 June 2020 - 03:15 AM

Quite the good chapter in my eyes.

Interesting how both Ulti and Page1 seem pretty adept at both CoO and CoA. Moreover at least Ulti having CoC was a surprise to me. What i find intriguing is the  loyalty several F6 have shown to have for Kaidou. Thats a big contrast to BM, even if the disloyal BM members were lower in status, i still believe it noteworthy how much the F6 seem to respect and support Kaidou.

Also I seem to have underestimated Yamato a lot. Having seen better pictures and how he 1 shot Ulti, making her faint, was quite the surprise. 

Overall good chapter, although i am still waiting for the first real fight to happen, i really dont see how the current alliance has any chance even vs 1 yonkou+crew if they dont significantly decrease Kaidous power by defeating some of his upper underlings first.

This guy is strong, probably stronger than Zoro, maybe even Luffy.

I don't get why he's been waiting for Luffy

I would rather say (simply because of story progress and because of how strange it would be for Yamato to actually be more significant (talking about an emperors defeat) than the top SHs would be, when we already have Marco and a "legend from the past" to be coming up as well.) that he is at the same lvl than the top SHs mayhaps even as strong as Luffy, but i dont see him to be stronger than Luffy, that would be too strange, considering that Luffy is already top1 (depending on crew mayhaps top 2) commander lvl.

Quick question though, why on earth did he help out Luffy, when he took out Ulti?

I ask myself how the heck does he even know enough about Luffy to actually care? I mean news from Wano dont spread, news to Wano are limited to a selected few. How does he know how Luffy would be, i mean he's never met him and he could be a real bada** character pirate willing to slaughter for f*cks sake, why does Yamato wait for someone, he should know very little about. Even when knowing Luffys fame/deeds that does not say much about his actual character and about whether he is a trustworthy person. So why would Yamato wait for someone he cant really know? 

#6 gametaka

gametaka

The Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts
  • Locationplace of longest yard.

Posted 19 June 2020 - 03:23 AM

Yamato is wearing the mask. I think he look like his parent.

Spoiler spoiler for everything

[/spoiler]

#7 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,619 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 19 June 2020 - 03:35 AM

So why would Yamato wait for someone he cant really know? 

Yonkou have intelligence networks. We've already seen that. Even if Wano is cloistered, Kaidou's crew isn't. They get around, as we've seen.

• Raiden likes this

#8 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,106 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 04:31 AM

Every page with a BM family member is a wasted page. What is Perospero going to do alone? A coup against Kaido? Why is that Oda still forces us to read about them? They're not much more than a gag right now...

On the other hand, Ulti and Pay-apy vs Luffy was kinda cool. I liked the immediate respect they showed for Luffy once he handled the headbutt.

As for the end scene with Yamato rescuing Luffy, well, isn't that interesting? When a character is introduced with a mask I always assume it's someone we already know xD

#9 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 06:06 AM

Yeah i dont get it, did Peros abandon the rest of the crew? lol

#10 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 June 2020 - 06:39 AM

Yonkou have intelligence networks. We've already seen that. Even if Wano is cloistered, Kaidou's crew isn't. They get around, as we've seen.

and u think the information about being a good guy is in the news that the yonkou crew would get? I doubt it. Also i already adressed why ur points aint truly valid. Yamato does not seem to be in the inner cycle of Kaidous crew at all. So how does he get real info despite that which is in the news, which could even remotely be considered enough to trust someone like Luffy without Ever having met him? thats whats makes this behavior so strange.

Thus i doubt yamato truly has access to kaidous inteligence network at all (beyond that which the fodder chars get to know of course).

Edited by capu, 19 June 2020 - 06:40 AM.

#11 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 07:28 AM

and u think the information about being a good guy is in the news that the yonkou crew would get? I doubt it. Also i already adressed why ur points aint truly valid. Yamato does not seem to be in the inner cycle of Kaidous crew at all. So how does he get real info despite that which is in the news, which could even remotely be considered enough to trust someone like Luffy without Ever having met him? thats whats makes this behavior so strange.

Thus i doubt yamato truly has access to kaidous inteligence network at all (beyond that which the fodder chars get to know of course).

Think he just assumes Luffy is the man Oden was talking about when he died.

This is the year Oden was talking about, matching the prediction that there would be an enemy army challenging Kaido and Luffy is the strongest bounty on the enemy side.

#12 Locormus

Locormus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationBehind bars..

Posted 19 June 2020 - 07:58 AM

Quite the good chapter in my eyes.

Interesting how both Ulti and Page1 seem pretty adept at both CoO and CoA. Moreover at least Ulti having CoC was a surprise to me.

I would rather say (simply because of story progress and because of how strange it would be for Yamato to actually be more significant (talking about an emperors defeat) than the top SHs would be, when we already have Marco and a "legend from the past" to be coming up as well.) that he is at the same lvl than the top SHs mayhaps even as strong as Luffy, but i dont see him to be stronger than Luffy, that would be too strange, considering that Luffy is already top1 (depending on crew mayhaps top 2) commander lvl.

I think somethings up with Ulti. Lets face it: If that was CoC, then she isn't just an underling. There has to be more to it. The fact that we are getting to see her Haki skills revealed like this is really odd. Because nobody outside of Katakuri had used Haki during WCI.

What is that legend of the past your talking about? When/who mentioned that(?), because I may have missed it.

#13 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,414 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 08:07 AM

That was just Hardening clashing effect...CoC makes shockwave...
  • Raiden likes this

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#14 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 08:42 AM

Never hated a cover page this mutch. I know that he was alive in another cover page, but doesn't stop from hating it more.

Yamato probably admires Oden and is against his father's regime.

People shouldnt be suprised at Ulti and Page one been strong and adept at Haki. They are ex new world captains, and i wouldn't doubt them been close to Flamingo's strength.

• Chillman likes this

#15 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,619 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 19 June 2020 - 10:02 AM

I'm not saying Yamato has access to intelligence networks. I'm just saying that word about Luffy probably gets around in Kaidou's crew. We don't know what Yamato heard and from where. For all we know, he has friends that give him information, even if he's not favoured. Also, I doubt he's heard that Luffy is a good guy. He may have heard that Luffy took down Doflamingo or that Luffy is after Kaidou, and nothing more. We'll see in a few chapters.

#16 Timppafin93

Timppafin93

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 02:44 AM

What i'm thinking of few things in this chapter.

Q. Why Perospero went alone while others are still down?

A. He planned to go fight against Marco + to check if its save to get Wano.

-  BM's ship has been already prevented for getting in Wano twice, once King and once Marco. Both attacked ship back down and on first time at least one DF user drowned.

Not making SAME MISTAKE on third time, Perospero went alone. With his DF he can create candy "creatures" (Like Candy sea slug he's riding on) to help him fight against Marco (Or if Marco left someone else in guard). In last chapter we see there was nobody on guard so he went first to Onigashima and before going he send to crew message that it's save to now get Wano so they're coming behind.

Q. Can Ulti use CoC when it looked so when she headbutted Luffy?

A. It's possible

- It seems that Kaido's crew has plenty of Pirates that were once Captains of their own crews and possibly their crews are also part of Kaido's crew (or killed being too weak to be part of Kaido's crew / refused to join). Why i think this because one Gifters that were fighting Zoro mentions "Once upon a time, we ALL tried to become Pirate King too!". Tobiroppo's is made of strong ex-Pirate Captains. It might not be surprise if one of them can also use CoC (Unless it's a group that each one of them can use CoC). In chp. 924 one Kaido's crew mention that they're going to keep Luffy in prison until his will breaks and pledges allegiance to Kaido. It might be possible that Ulti can use CoC but Kaido defeated her and Kaido's crew managed to broke her will and she pledged allegiance to Kaido in past.

#17 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,106 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 05:09 AM

Can't Marco just melt any candy thing that Perospero makes? As of till now "regular" thermodynamic physics seems to apply to OP world right?

#18 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 05:17 AM

Can't Marco just melt any candy thing that Perospero makes? As of till now "regular" thermodynamic physics seems to apply to OP world right?

Marco's flames aren't hot

#19 Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 11:55 AM

https://mangaplus.sh.../viewer/1006998

#20 Peleihno

Peleihno

Black Lives Matter

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationThe New New Frontier

Posted 21 June 2020 - 02:48 PM

That was a fun little turn of events.

I like that the Tobi Roppo kids were actually good fighters. It surprised me, expecting Luffy to one shot them. Should still be able to stomp if he takes it seriously though or this assault is an even bigger suicide mission than it already is. I thought Ulti was using HH for a second there though.

Edited by Peleihno, 21 June 2020 - 02:52 PM.

Spoiler Fun Posts

[INSERT SUPER DUPER AWESOME SIG!]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users