45 replies to this topic

#41 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 June 2020 - 03:16 PM

After seeing Luffy struggle against commanders, I don’t see Zoro and Sanji fighting the All Stars.
I dont see why not? They dont need to solo them either, i mean Luffy had help vs both DD and Cracker after all. So why not Zoro+Brook/Franky vs All-Star?

The minks have beef with Jack, and Queen can be a test dummy for Luffy’s new haki skill.
Does not mean that the minks have to fight him though. Why would he? I dont think Luffy is going to fight any commander honestly. I think he and Kidd + Marco (+perhaps even yamato) will go directly for Kaidou, mayhaps alongside Jinbei (whom i actually think will be an enemy to Jack first)

#42 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,238 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 25 June 2020 - 03:21 PM

I don’t see Zoro and Sanji fighting the All Stars.

There are no 1v1 in this war. Too many keyplayers on luffys side.

Edited by Enbima, 25 June 2020 - 03:22 PM.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#43 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 June 2020 - 04:48 PM

There are no 1v1 in this war. Too many keyplayers on luffys side.

on all sides actually. I mean no matter what BM and Kaidous might think it might still turn out that some BM pirates ally with certain SHs in a fight, depending on what is happening and how Oda plays it. i.e. the BM pirates might mistake Kaidou stopping BMs hunger thing by defending against her and they think its a war by BM vs Kaidou.  

#44 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,619 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:56 AM

@Tale Don’t know why @mention doesn’t auto drop you to the reply box. After seeing Luffy struggle against commanders, I don’t see Zoro and Sanji fighting the All Stars. The minks have beef with Jack, and Queen can be a test dummy for Luffy’s new haki skill.

I'm more optimistic about Zoro and Sanji. They both got power-ups this arc and I really don't see them lagging so far behind Luffy when he (at the end of the arc) is in shape to fight Yonkirals. I do think that their portrayal post-TS hasn't been great, since Oda hasn't really let them do much of anything, but I'm still optimistic in spite of that.

#45 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:16 AM

I'm more optimistic about Zoro and Sanji. They both got power-ups this arc and I really don't see them lagging so far behind Luffy when he (at the end of the arc) is in shape to fight Yonkirals. I do think that their portrayal post-TS hasn't been great, since Oda hasn't really let them do much of anything, but I'm still optimistic in spite of that.

Well honestly until WCI arc i thought the same, but since Wano was solely a Luffy show (just like all previous arcs since TS) i doubt that Oda cares for the others at all anymore. He may give them short or tiny moments to shine, but nothing much. Worst thing since TS (story having lowered itself to Luffy Luffy Luffy...nothing else) is the focus Oda choose to make. He completely disregarded any major (things going on for more than 3 - 4 pages) spotlight for any other SH. And Luffy had 8 fights (probably much more even) that focussed him for more than 2 chaps (overall, meaning that the pages may not have been one after the other but added together), no other SH even gets 1 chapter (~17pages) in all of his fights since TS! 

Thus i seriously doubt that Oda will ever go back to his former glory of EL or Alabasta arc. He simply lost his touch too much.

Edited by capu, 30 June 2020 - 09:16 AM.

#46 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,230 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted Yesterday, 12:53 AM

With the All Stars I feel like they will probably fight other characters. Like I can see Marco fighting King, the Minks and and samurai will probably fight Jack for revenge on what he did to their village, and with Queen maybe a Luffy and someone will fight him since there has been some build up there, but I don't think people like Zoro will fight any of them. He will probably fight one of the Flying Six until he teams up to help fight Kaidou. Of course there are still the Big Mom pirates that I have no idea what Oda plans to do with. It seems like Perospero will be the first one to arrive there and I really don't know what to expect from that. Plus Big Mom will probably get written around some way with Nami and Sanji figuring something out? I can't imagine anyone actually fighting Big Mom and beating her.

Anyway, so it seems that Yamato is actually a fighter. I was thinking he might be like Momo and be kind of a disappointment, but it seems he is strong. Given his appearance with the Oden style clothes and cuffs I guess he is some big fan of Oden? I really don't know what to make of Yamato's character. He feels like such a random addition to the story and I can't think of a character like this introduced so late into an arc where they are now super important to the plot of it. 

So Ulti is a pachycephalosaurus zoan logia.  Part of me was kind of hoping she would be the T-Rex, but I guess being a "bone head" fits with her character, haha. I enjoy her dynamic with Page One and I wonder if they really are siblings. Seems she is strong enough for Luffy to maybe go Gear 4? I feel like that little mention was to try and give her and the rest of the Flying Six some credibility. I still wonder if the black lightning means she has CoC or just normal CoA haki. It feels like most of the time when we see black lightning it corresponds to someone who has CoC. I wish Oda would clarify that. I think Oda showing Zoro having a hard time with the Gifters was meant to do the same thing as Luffy saying he needed gear 4 against Ulti, but I still really have a tough time buying any of them being that strong when they have gotten beaten up so easily until now. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users