• Strobacaxi, Abaroxa and Tale like this

#2 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,668 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 03:34 AM

I don't get why Kaidou thought of Oden when he was attacked.

Scabbard 9 you better get the fuck away from that man before you all die

• Enbima and Abaroxa like this

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#3 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,624 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 31 July 2020 - 03:42 AM

I don't get why Kaidou thought of Oden when he was attacked.

He thought of Oden because he doubted his own words. Kaido thinks (or thought) he is invincible, but Oden showed him that he wasn't. 

Edited by Tale, 31 July 2020 - 03:43 AM.

• Abaroxa, Zeta42, masterbio and 1 other like this

#4 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 03:47 AM

@Strobacaxi
I keep on reading that part to see if I missed something.

Did Oda put Zoro, law and kidd on the same level?

Kaido is falling with all the scabbards but he will fall right next to BM.

I wonder what BM will do if she sees kaido in a weak spot.
Or what she will do when Luffy shows up.

He thought of Oden because he doubted his own words. Kaido thinks (or thought) he is invincible, but Oden showed him that he wasn't.

It might also be repressed memories coming back as he sees the scabbards.

Edited by Abaroxa, 31 July 2020 - 03:45 AM.

#5 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,254 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 31 July 2020 - 04:06 AM

This looks too easy. The nightmare starts next week. I wonder who's gonna die in act 3. It needs to end, with a death. Please Oda more drama pls!!!

Edited by Enbima, 31 July 2020 - 04:07 AM.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#6 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 04:09 AM

If Katakuri was kaidos right man: "Kaido something's about to happen! Someone will attack in 2 minutes!.. From behind, it's the scabbards from 20 years ago. "

#7 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,794 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 04:43 AM

This looks too easy. The nightmare starts next week. I wonder who's gonna die in act 3. It needs to end, with a death. Please Oda more drama pls!!!

Well, technically Orochi has already died during this current act 3.

I personally think Kaidou is gonna remain relatively unscathed by the Red Scabbards mass attack at the end of this chapter.

He is an whole other tier compared to them, both literally and figuratively.

#8 Grove 29

Grove 29

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 04:53 AM

So Izo took the spot of the ninth scabbard. And Kaido seems to be falling into the ocean? This will be interesting.

Also: "If it is one-on-one, Kaido will win." This is nine-on-one. 

#9 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,668 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:46 AM

Damn Kaidou crew your top commander got disarmed by a low tier commander of WB crew

#10 Engal

Engal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:56 AM

Guess that the 10k followers of Orochi will quickly change sides when they'll see this. which will even the battlefield. Having all Oden retainers + the yakuza boss + momonosuke + seeing that Kyoshiro was a scabbard will make a lot of them switch sides. 

Edited by Engal, 31 July 2020 - 05:58 AM.

#11 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 06:11 AM

Oda has gradually been increasing Izo height

#12 Oben

Oben

Reforged ♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,201 posts

User's Awards

Posted 31 July 2020 - 07:27 AM

So Usopp will take on all the Numbers at once, nice :whistle:

I sort of hope Kanjuuro gets up again too, that fight was too important to be entirely off-paneled imo. At least show Kiku stabbing him or so.

Other than that, while Kaidou will probably mop the floor with the Scabbards next chapter, maybe they can do some damage to make the rest of the fight easier for Luffy? The panel reminded me of the lower ranking Marines attacking WB, even if they got beaten afterwards, they still did lasting damage.

Edited by Oben, 31 July 2020 - 07:28 AM.

#13 Youngflash

Youngflash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 07:40 AM

Damn Kaidou crew your top commander got disarmed by a low tier commander of WB crew

Off guard and she is a commander its more than plausible. He isn't Katakuri. Sadly... Luffy isnt intervening until they lose... which I understand but also stupid. And Zoro is looking pretty beat!

#14 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,668 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 07:53 AM

Other than that, while Kaidou will probably mop the floor with the Scabbards next chapter, maybe they can do some damage to make the rest of the fight easier for Luffy? The panel reminded me of the lower ranking Marines attacking WB, even if they got beaten afterwards, they still did lasting damage.

Someone pointed out earlier that Kaidou's going to fall next to BM. BM might take the opportunity to betray him, even without her crew

#15 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 09:08 AM

oh good the kanjor or whatever fight was off screened. what ever it takes to get this arc over with quicker. I mean that from the bottom of my heart. I am glad that Oda stopped using that very cool df as a joke but I am even more happy that we are one step closer to this arc being over.

now if I did actually care about this fight being off screened, which I don't, then I would say something like: WHAT THE FUCK ODA?!?!?!??!?! WHY?????????? isn't this the end of kanjro? there is no role left for him to play. why did you do that? I get that Oda off screens fights to save the actual characters fight for a different time, but why would he be saving this fight? no one wants to see this fight later..... we want to see king, queen, jack, peros, bm, and kiadou fight. There are realitively few, if any, people that are saying "gee I can't wait for the end of wano kanjoru vs......... otako? fight."

ok so we have a girl whos literal name is "boy" we have a guy who "has the soul of a woman" or what ever, and we have an obvious woman who does everything to look like a woman who calls herself a man, AND we have the one OP character where I have never been able to tell if it was a guy or an ugly girl. (Izo) Izo doesn't look like a nami clone so I assume he is a man but..... he really looks like an ugly woman..... also I know that there are books where I could look up the dude's gender but I don't care. I just think it is funny he showed up here. All this arc is missing is Mr. 2 and Iva.

kin and Izo's friendship....is there a reason for it? seriously I am wondering if I missed something.

really? even 20 years ago kiadou was the real boss? are you sure? because I am semi understanding of the samurai suddenly forgetting what loyalty means under these circumstances. However, if 20 years ago kiaodu did this exact same thing, that would be bullshit.

samurai "we value loyalty above all else"

kiadou "I, a man you have just meet for the first time today, have killed your boss, will you all work for me?"

samurai "ya of course"

I mean ya orochi was not a good guy and probably did not deserve loyalty, but if that is the case you don't have to say they value loyalty above all else if they haven't been loyal for the past 20 years........ That is like if you said "ya Captian kidd is a great guy he values not lying above all else, except he has been lying every day for the past 20 years."

but what ever...............wano = japan, therefore everything Japanese must be in wano even if it makes no freaking sense in the story what so ever. 

"incompetent brat" ok I will do something crazy, I will defend momo. What has kiadou seen to tell him that momo is incompetent? seriously if you want to call him pathetic or ugly or weak that is fine you can tell all those traits from first glance. But incompetent? what has he done so far that kiadou knows that shows he is incompetent?

executing a child, finally a pirate doing something truly disgusting. I would give more credit to oda for writing a pirate that is actually a pirate for once (aside from BB) but this actually just Kiadou legitimizing momo's right to the shogun ship which I do not approve of.

I was just thinking how cool it would be if luffy helped a competent fighter take back wano instead of a pathetic child. Quick question, who is the strongest king that luffy has had to save? gan fall? has it been 10 years and there is no stronger king than ganfall? riuka (the king of DR) was semi strong...... ok who will win in a fight ganfall or Riuka!!!! death battle for the title of "strongest OP king that luffy saved." 

oh the crew is admiring Kiaodu's compassion? that is surprising right? the last crew I would expect to be in awe of their captain's compassion is this one.

wait.... momo has to tell a lie? so everyone has accepted that momo is really momo? forgive me guys but..... wasn't that not the case a few chapters ago? like didn't everyone think orochi was insane for believing that people from 20 years ago would come back? I am honestly asking.

(although I do understand that now that kiadou accepts that is momo then his crew should as well.)

ok so lets talk about these shackles. I already joked about these plot devices and how Usopp would rule the world if he just used these things as his weapons. BUT, now I want to talk about how easy it is to remove these things. Luffy learned the haki to remove the explosive collars in roughly..... idk 1 day? maybe 2?

I understand Luffy is a fighting genius and a very quick learner (see rey/figuring out G2) but the daughter of kiadou should figure out that ability in....what at least a year right?

(I get that luffy only knew about this application of barrier haki because he saw rey use it. but lets be real..... there are many other ways rey could have done that. If luffy is able to see rey use a weird move and 2 years later instantly know that was barrier haki, then a competent fighter should be able to figure out this ability on his own.)

so with all that being said, why didn't rule 63 kiadou figure this out and remove the handcuffs on her own? (also I hope you guys appreciate that rule 63 joke, you would not believe how much googling it took to find that gender bender meme number......I knew it existed.....but that was it.)

Quick question, what is the difference between momo believing it is his right to be the ruler of wano and DD believing it is his right to be a heavenly dragon? Both are repulsive to me but I guess to the Japanese audience momo's demand for power as a birthright is ok because he is "good" and DD's demand for power as a birthright is because he is "bad"..... because he DD is bad, no quotes, DD is legit bad. but still.....I think that a "I am born better than you that is why I must rule" mentality is wrong no matter if the holder of that mentality is good or bad. but what ever..... momo is the symbol of our revolution.....

chill, that explosion was not enough to kill you. Luffy tanked a similar sized explosion in PH and it didn't even effect him.

Oh wow luffy really is calling yamaoto a he. dispite the fact that yamaoto is in doing one of the most girly things imaginable right now.... Luffy is still a paragon of political correctness.

When ever I think to myself "wow, Oda sure is politically correct" I am then reminded, wait one second, no this is the same guy that wrote a character who's hobby is suicide......Oda is not politically correct he just loves freaky gender stuff.

hey do guys think that once this war is over sanji will bring Iva to all these characters that want to change their gender? I was wondering if trannies could exist in a world where a person has the power to perform an ACTUAL sex change (sometimes forcefully if you piss him off) but fine, I get it that none of the wano people know about the "miracle worker" iva. so do you think that sanji or luffy will tell them?

"should I shoot king in the head or the sword, well if I shoot him in the sword then he wont have a sword anymore. And swords are scary!!! sword it is, that is clearly the best play."

well two people appear to have stabbed kiadou but... this is oda we are talking about so I am 90% sure that next chapter we will see that those blades actually were stopped by kiadou's skin.....even though now it looks like both blades are far deeper than that.

ok akainu, sorry to say this, but you have lost your title of "got fooled by the worst sneak attack of all time" yes it was bad that WB, a man the size of a small house, sunk up on akainu during the WB war.... but kaidou was just surprised attacked by 9 fodder. this is just insanity.....

You know what. Luffy has the biggest crew in OP. There isn't a single crew in all of OP that has 10 competent people in it except the straw hat crew. I know that WB and Kiadou and BM all have massive crews with 100s or 1000s of pirates, but from what we have seen so far..... kiadou can count on one hand the number of subordinates he has that can count passed 10 when they are not barefoot. (wait one second, that cool runnings insult doesn't make any sense, why would I need to see my toes to count passed 10? is that really a thing? couldn't I just start over with my hands?)

It is a shame that antagonists in OP don't heavily invoke the "I don't need friends I can do everything on my own" trope. because in OP those antagonists would actually have a point.

over all the chapter was nice, I hope I am not being too naive when I say this: it looks like next chapter things will finally get moving.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#16 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,624 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 31 July 2020 - 10:06 AM

It might also be repressed memories coming back as he sees the scabbards.

I don't think Kaidou has any repressed memories about that event. He clearly remembers Oden and respects his strength.

• Five-Tailed-Fenrir likes this

#17 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 01:26 PM

I don't think Kaidou has any repressed memories about that event. He clearly remembers Oden and respects his strength.

Nah this chapter clearly shows kaido has woken up a few times at night with cold sweats. Oden really did a number on in.

#18 Oben

Oben

Reforged ♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,201 posts

User's Awards

Posted 31 July 2020 - 04:13 PM

Someone pointed out earlier that Kaidou's going to fall next to BM. BM might take the opportunity to betray him, even without her crew

Idk, if she had the intention of betraying the alliance as soon as possible or wasn't serious about it, she would've told her children, wouldn't she? And with Perospero going rogue, that doesn't seem to be the case.

"incompetent brat" ok I will do something crazy, I will defend momo. What has kiadou seen to tell him that momo is incompetent? seriously if you want to call him pathetic or ugly or weak that is fine you can tell all those traits from first glance. But incompetent? what has he done so far that kiadou knows that shows he is incompetent?

Fyi, the translation you're reading has gone from Japanese through Korean through French to English. I wouldn't go into single words too much before the official translation comes out.

Edited by Oben, 31 July 2020 - 04:13 PM.

• Raiden, captain kidd and Chillman like this

#19 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 04:16 PM

Fyi, the translation you're reading has gone from Japanese through Korean through French to English. I wouldn't go into single words too much before the official translation comes out.

oh that makes a lot of sense.

when did that start happening? Because I have been feeling that the translations have been a little weird for a while now.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#20 TrolonoaZoro

TrolonoaZoro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts
  • LocationOld Zoro is still an artist with a Katana.

Posted 31 July 2020 - 08:16 PM

Chapter was good. Seems like a nice push forward for interesting things to happen, heh. 

Also the french translation are easily some of the worse since I starter to read the manga at the beginning of the time skip. I'm legitimately getting angry reading the dribble. 

4789title.jpg

"Don't worry, nothing is gonna happen to you that won't happen to the rest of us"

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users