Oben

Reforged ♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,201 posts

User's Awards

Posted 31 July 2020 - 10:22 PM

oh that makes a lot of sense.

when did that start happening? Because I have been feeling that the translations have been a little weird for a while now.

Jaimini's Box and Mangastream (the two higher-quality scan-sites) both stopped last December. That's a bit after the the official site got weekly updates (on sundays), and since then, the early translations on fridays have just been scraping by.

• captain kidd, masterbio and Chillman like this

#22 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 05:12 AM

AND WE'RE OFF!

I know Kinemon and rest will get destroyed  next week, but hot damn if that wasn't an awesome last page of group attack!

I'm honestly completely at a lost here on who's going to fight now, so I'll just seat back and enjoy the show.

#23 raptor13

raptor13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 06:39 AM

@Strobacaxi
I keep on reading that part to see if I missed something.

Did Oda put Zoro, law and kidd on the same level?

Kaido is falling with all the scabbards but he will fall right next to BM.

I wonder what BM will do if she sees kaido in a weak spot.
Or what she will do when Luffy shows up.

It might also be repressed memories coming back as he sees the scabbards.

I got a feeling when she see's Luffy she will completely lose her shit.  He didn't just hurt her ego, he completely humiliated her.  Took down two of her sons (one of which now has respect for him) and completely leveled her island.  She's going to snap at first sight.

As for the whole 'ODEN!' quote in the end, I think he was in denial.  He didn't want to believe the weak little kid was Oden's, which he probably contrasted with his own child, plus the kid hasn't aged in 20 years which is impossible.  Suddenly seeing all the red scabbards and some of them haven't aged was a massive reality check that probably fried a few circuits in Kaidou's head.  He can no longer deny what he thought was just a fairy tale, which means all these 'pups' coming to take his head might not be just a nuisance either. I think that is the panel where Kaidou's entire world has hit a contradiction, making him more dangerous than he has probably ever been.  We already knew the scabbards would be SOL int hat situation but now they are REALLY boned.  I got a feeling next chapter they are going to get wrecked fast and hard.

Edited by raptor13, 01 August 2020 - 06:49 AM.

Next Nakama ballot:

Spoiler

#24 Zeta42

Zeta42

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 10:25 AM

So the traitor subplot, which was a thing since Zou, was wrapped up offpanel. Why does Oda hate drawing fights so much? Was he lying when he said Wano would only get more exciting? Unless they once again have "killed" a drawing, and the real Kanjuro is still around somewhere, in which case he made a really poor attempt to stop the Scabbards. Either way it's not good.

"He just needs to lie to save himself!" Already been done in Dressrosa when Law refused to say Luffy was his subordinate in front of Fujitora. Props to Momo for not chickening out, though. A little kid vs. a Yonkou is not the same as a Shichibukai vs. an Admiral. Momo will have something to be proud of when this war ends.

So Nami and Carrot were caught not by Big Mom herself, but by some lousy Homies...? I'm supposed to believe that? And Shinobu got away instead of, I don't know, using her DF to rot the things away? This is even stupider than Sanji's quest for prostitutes.

Big Mom is happy they have an army of ninjas and samurais now. I hope Perospero crashes this party, starts slaughtering these clowns and makes Kaido call off the alliance.

• Shin and Kaidou like this

#25 Youngflash

Youngflash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 10:59 AM

Perospero will be offpaneled by Marco!

#26 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:54 AM

Did Oda put Zoro, law and kidd on the same level?
That he did. He also did it before though. Pika being cut was on an even greater scale then the mountain at DR being cut after all. 

Guess that the 10k followers of Orochi will quickly change sides when they'll see this. which will even the battlefield. Having all Oden retainers + the yakuza boss + momonosuke + seeing that Kyoshiro was a scabbard will make a lot of them switch sides. 

I would find it really stupid for them to switch sides again. They dont have any relations to the Kozouki after their batrayal and after them having no problem with Momo to be executed. Neither to they have any connection to the alliance.

So Usopp +Chopper will take on all the Numbers at once, nice :whistle:

Other than that, while Kaidou will probably mop the floor with the Scabbards next chapter, maybe they can do some damage to make the rest of the fight easier for Luffy? The panel reminded me of the lower ranking Marines attacking WB, even if they got beaten afterwards, they still did lasting damage.

fixed. ur welcome

well we know that Ashura and Denjiro fought Kaidou with just the 2 of them (Kinemon specifically mentions Ashuras power at one point iirc). Therefore i would definately put them close or even above current Zoro. I doubt they are defeated so easy even by a yonkou. Since Wanos Samurai are that noteworthy that Sengoku even makes Akainu flinch by just speaking of one of them, shows that Wano is famed for them and that they deserve their praise. Moreover its not only Oden who has world-wide fame but Ryumma seems to have given the WG a run for their money before as well. I doubt they forgot that. Furthermore i doubt that the WG would not have taken over Wano (i.e. as a means for revenge) if they would have had the strength to do so just like that.

Its not like all samurais are above all other swordsman that aint from Wano but i'd say that the upper ones are stronger than most other powerful swordsman in op. I so far only see 4 exceptions which are Mihawk, Shanks, Fuji and Shiryuu (btw Shiryuu has been theorized to have connection to Wano for quite a while now).

I still dont think that Kaidou loosing focus would lead to him already getting scared right away, i think he is simply too tanky for that. Would not dislike it either though.

Quick question, what is the difference between momo believing it is his right to be the ruler of wano and DD believing it is his right to be a heavenly dragon? Both are repulsive to me but I guess to the Japanese audience momo's demand for power as a birthright is ok because he is "good" and DD's demand for power as a birthright is because he is "bad"..... because he DD is bad, no quotes, DD is legit bad. but still.....I think that a "I am born better than you that is why I must rule" mentality is wrong no matter if the holder of that mentality is good or bad. but what ever..... momo is the symbol of our revolution.....

"should I shoot king in the head or the sword, well if I shoot him in the sword then he wont have a sword anymore. And swords are scary!!! sword it is, that is clearly the best play."

You know what. Luffy has the biggest crew in OP. There isn't a single crew in all of OP that has 10 competent people in it except the straw hat crew. I know that WB and Kiadou and BM all have massive crews with 100s or 1000s of pirates, but from what we have seen so far..... kiadou can count on one hand the number of subordinates he has that can count passed 10 when they are not barefoot. (wait one second, that cool runnings insult doesn't make any sense, why would I need to see my toes to count passed 10? is that really a thing? couldn't I just start over with my hands?)

It is a shame that antagonists in OP don't heavily invoke the "I don't need friends I can do everything on my own" trope. because in OP those antagonists would actually have a point.

over all the chapter was nice, I hope I am not being too naive when I say this: it looks like next chapter things will finally get moving.

And yet u support someone like Trump who represents nothing except for such a wannabe mentality.....these americans.....

Ya u know how often Oda writes stuff like that, i doubt it makes sense to still remind us that a lot of things he writes dont make sense.

10 really? Since when are Chopper and Sanji competent from and overall point of view? Thats like saying Carrot is powerful or knowledgable....

While i agree that the chapter was nice and that things progressed, i instantly need to remind myself that i have said this about 3 out of the last 5 chapters....ergo not fast / big enough progress, since we're still waiting for the fight to actually start for more than a page....

when did that start happening? Because I have been feeling that the translations have been a little weird for a while now.
Pretty while ago, about the time when mangastream, jaiminisbox and other websites notified us that they r no longer translating OP since its gonna have an official release on Mangaplus anyways. I think it was roughly about 4 months? Mayhaps more mayhaps less aint sure.

Also the french translation are easily some of the worse since I starter to read the manga at the beginning of the time skip. I'm legitimately getting angry reading the dribble.
younglings nowadays.... 

Jaimini's Box and Mangastream (the two higher-quality scan-sites) both stopped last December. That's a bit after the the official site got weekly updates (on sundays), and since then, the early translations on fridays have just been scraping by.

ok @captain kidd there is the right timeline, told u i was unsure about the exact date.

I know Kinemon and rest will get destroyed  next week, but hot damn if that wasn't an awesome last page of group attack!

I'm honestly completely at a lost here on who's going to fight now, so I'll just seat back and enjoy the show.

Whom do u think has the biggest death flag currently Kine, Marco, another scabbard, Law or someone else?

I'd say out of all this arc Law (or his crew), Marco and Kine are going to die, hopefully Momo and Kanjuroo (yes i dont think he is dead yet) die as well. I could also see Kidd or Killer slay Apoo.

As for the whole 'ODEN!' quote in the end, I think he was in denial.  He didn't want to believe the weak little kid was Oden's, which he probably contrasted with his own child, plus the kid hasn't aged in 20 years which is impossible.  Suddenly seeing all the red scabbards and some of them haven't aged was a massive reality check that probably fried a few circuits in Kaidou's head.  He can no longer deny what he thought was just a fairy tale, which means all these 'pups' coming to take his head might not be just a nuisance either. I think that is the panel where Kaidou's entire world has hit a contradiction, making him more dangerous than he has probably ever been. 

We already knew the scabbards would be SOL int hat situation but now they are REALLY boned.  I got a feeling next chapter they are going to get wrecked fast and hard.

Might also be part of his reaction.

i doubt all the scabbards will go done this easy, i could see like 1 or 2 not being able to handle a single hit, but at least some already directly fought Kaidou himself (ashura and denjiro). Moreover the fame of Wanos samurai should be presented well, thus they should actually be able to make their stand imo.

This was a pretty good chapter, after 80 chaps we finally get the feeling that the fight is about to happen/ finally started. I was a bit surprised that noone actually felt them coming though. Mayhaps they all weren't expecting it but still.... 2 yonkous there after all...

Kanjuroo aint dead, its his clone, i bet he actually is going after hiyori. Oda does not kill often after all.

Momo still bores me, can we pls kill him off and finally be done with him? Not one good scene with him since DR..... well ok the bathing with Robin and Nami was good, but thats solely because of Nami and Robin!

Scabbards scenes were well done, nice drawings and facial expressions.

Luffy saying its not his fight to start was also pretty darn good. Though he did something similar with Mihawk vs Zoro, its partially still feels a bit out of character for him to actually stick to a plan/not be totally braindead and simply rush in.

Zoro seemed pretty winded, Law was totally fine, Kidd was bleeding. Since Law most likely does not fight them 1v1 physically but simply uses his room to cut them (or simply teleport them somewhere else) its not that surprising that Law seems fine, although we have to keep in mind that he just arrived, while Kidd and Zoro have been going for it for a while now. Thus pretty reassuring that Oda once more underlines that: Zoro~Kidd,Law, while Luffy>Kidd, Law, Zoro

I am still unsure when it comes to Yamatos overall power. I mean she does not know how to "defuse" the shackles with CoA, but does that truly mean she aint having advanced arnament at all? She could simply not know that its possible to apply it like that to an object or not? Or she could simply not know that the "explosion-time" seemingly gets delayed a bit when having advanced CoA applied to it. 

She seemed to have 0 problem with facing Luffy, still i guess we have to wait and see.

Well Samurais and Ninjas being 10k people, with mayhaps 10 stronger/worth noting enemies i am curious as to which powers they got and as to whom they fight. 

Hopefully no more offscreened fights and hopefully the battle truly starts now, i dont want any scene switch with useless dragging.

Wait Sanji? Finally a Mr. Prince scene once more? Seriously, nice! ------Well wait i already gave up with him being useful ever again. Fuc* it who cares about him anymore? He will simply be chasing woman endagering the crew by doing nothing helpful once more. Such a liability he has become......praise the Lord for having given us Jinbei as a result of Sanjis uselessness. Even Oda could no longer bare Sanjis inadequacies.

Interesting that Oda choose to pinpoint Usoop+Chopper against the monsters right away, i would have though they (much like Zoro) would be chosen to actually fight "fodder" first and then going vs. the Monsters. Afterwards i could have seen the 2 of them alongside Brook and Franky and mayhaps the lesser (weaker) crewmembers of the Heart and Kidd pirates to fight like 2-4 from the F6 in an great battle. That way we would finally see some of their abilities and would get to know how they rank compared to the SHs. That is something i am hoping to get since we heard of the KxAxH and SHxH alliances to be formed.

Kaidou gets better and better, he actually hesitates from killing children by giving them a way out. Nicely done. Him loosing his focus because of him remembering his fight with Oden also has a notch to it, it increases Odens fame for having been the only one to actually scar Kaidou ever and in both ways physically and mentally i might add.

Still wondering why none of the F6 (Ulti and Page1 are on there way) do care whats happening at the banquet-hall. I mean would be neat if we see them challanging the alliance and showing their powers, but them not having heard that Yamato is at the banquet, especially with everyone constantly shouting for that to be the case, is strange for me.

Also wonder what is up with Drake and Hawkins. 

#27 emirua

emirua

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 09:32 PM

Luffy showing his observation haki katakuri level was a really nice touch to the chapter. Really great chapter overall! I honestly hope they can damage kaido, at least scratch him. I'm hating these invincible yonkos already.. All the scabbards deserve it.

#28 Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 11:21 AM

Official Translation...
https://mangaplus.sh.../viewer/1007479

• capu likes this

#29 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 03 August 2020 - 07:31 AM

And yet u support someone like Trump who represents nothing except for such a wannabe mentality.....these americans.....

Ya u know how often Oda writes stuff like that, i doubt it makes sense to still remind us that a lot of things he writes dont make sense.

10 really? Since when are Chopper and Sanji competent from and overall point of view? Thats like saying Carrot is powerful or knowledgable....

While i agree that the chapter was nice and that things progressed, i instantly need to remind myself that i have said this about 3 out of the last 5 chapters....ergo not fast / big enough progress, since we're still waiting for the fight to actually start for more than a page....

well there is no way for me to respond to that claim and not be instantly removed. The difference between momo or child DD and someone like Enel is that Enel had the power and took that job. He wanted the job as god, had the power to take the job as god and did so. That is why enel was a great villain, that is why the President of the US is such a great villain in your mind.

Compare that to DD and momo who are doing horrible things (one cut his fathers head off, the other is crying a lot, they are equally as bad right?) to attain a job that shouldn't even exist in a free society.

"look at me I am a 10 year old child It is my birth right to rule you all" who the hell does he think he is kim jung un?

Make fun of "these Americans" as much as you want, but we were the first ever nation that was founded on premise that a government's only job is to protect the rights of individuals who consented to be governed instead of an individual's right to rule over people. All you other countries suffered under the rule of monarchs for ages because you were too pathetic or apathetic to realize the fundamental wrong you were forced to endure. At least France had the brains to kill their monarch, Britain still holds theirs out as some sort of symbol..... "look at this old lady, she is the heir of the line that used to rule over this land with an iron fist, isn't that cool? this is the family that kept 90% of the people poor for centuries wahoooo!" (now, before you say "lol you think you have a choice in elections" just know even if elections do have their flaws, they are a significantly better option than a monarch for life.....)

so do you see the difference? In your mind Trump is the villain, enel is a villain, yet momo, who is using far less manly methods to attain the same power the villains of the story sought for themselves, is considered a hero.

At least enel used his own strength and took what he wanted, at least the US president took the job he wanted in a fair election, momo is a pathetic child that believes he should be a ruler because of his blood line.....

And this is why I am only criticizing child DD. Adult DD did exactly what enel did. Adult DD wanted his family's old kingdom back, so he put together a foolish plan that would only trick a country of sheep and it worked. good for him, that makes him a good villain as an adult.

Oda isn't as bad as others are. I think these dumb moves are few enough. Or maybe it has been so long that I am blocking out all the stupid wasted moves that Oda's characters do...... um.....let me think real quick what the dumbest moves in recent OP are....

1 usopp using a drawling to knock out sugar. This was really stupid but it worked. I understand why Oda wanted to gag scene a 10 year old (looking) girl instead of have usopp blow up her face with a bomb.

2 fuji not dropping the rubble on Luffy's fleet because "people were in the way" ya.... I get it.... Plot.

3 DD playing with rebecca instead of attacking luffy. This is probably in character for DD. It was a bad call but who can blame DD? (people that don't like torturing children, but aside from that small group of people who ELSE could blame DD?)

humm... I think that is all I can remember for now. OH WAIT!!!!

4 jack trying to kill a giant elephant with a canon.- hahaha jack is such a freaking loser. The dude is so weak he didn't have any thing to take out an island sized elephant aside from a canon. hey jack, sabo and pell called, they said it will take about 10000000 shots till the elephant is dead. lol Jack, thinking he is a one man buster call.

ok I think that is it. can you think of any others? Any others that don't involve kizaru? (I will just write off all Kizaru's bad decisions as him being so used to stomping on everyone that when he finally faces an actual challenge he is not prepared)

hahahahaha, you definitely picked the two characters I consider least competent on the SH ship good call. As much as I hate sanji I would like to think that if sanji was in the shoes of queen or montdori he would not have been fooled nearly as easily. Sanji, after all, did the same exact thing to Crocodile, surely he would not be fooled as easily by a trick he used himself in the past. You might be right about chopper, I should have said luffy has 9 competent crew members. 

Luffy himself is a questionable one too. He is clearly a combat genius but I doubt he would be any more competent than queen or montdoir when it comes to running a massive empire. BUT that may be the reason luffy does not have a massive empire. He said that one day he would make fishman island his own, maybe that is because he knows that he is not able to do that now? I have to give him points for recognizing his own weakness.

Random thought: I don't think I would hate sanji nearly as much if his ridiculous beliefs were born out of religion. Seriously, if sanji was a member of the church of "no-kick woman fu" that would be fine. That church's tenants are 1 only use your feet in combat. 2 never hit a woman 3 never waste food. I get it, sanji's incredibly inconvenient beliefs are born out of religious devotion. That is not only fine it is normal. A LOT of religious people can not eat pork and Indians can not eat beef, if that is normal then a OP religion that says you can't use your hands in battle is acceptable as far as I am concerned.

Instead though..... Sanji's inconvenient beliefs come off as lessons from his "father." Absolute adherence to fatherly advice is.....NOT...understandable. Everyone will admit that their dads gave them at least one piece of bad advice growing up. 

haha ya that sure is true. I guess you are right,  I will just hope that next chapter does not start a flashback.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#30 Peleihno

Peleihno

Black Lives Matter

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,621 posts
  • LocationThe New New Frontier

Posted 04 August 2020 - 10:32 PM

This is a suicide mission.
Spoiler Fun Posts

[INSERT SUPER DUPER AWESOME SIG!]

#31 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,239 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 06 August 2020 - 04:34 AM

It does feel like Oda is trying to rush through Act 3. Already having the Scabbards rush and attack Kaidou like that and quickly finishing their fight with Kanjuro. Also rushing through Yamato’s character beats to fit her into the plot. Although I thought their fight with Kanjuro would have a bit more to it given how long his character has been in the story now, but most of it kind of happened off panel. I guess that could have been a fake drawing, but it doesn’t feel like it. A bit of a let down.

We all know their attack on Kaidou won’t defeat or really hurt him. Since Luffy will be the one to defeat him. Maybe Oda knows the readers are aware of that and is trying to rush through this raid to get to a point where Luffy is fighting? Not really sure. Also I guess that Momo moment was meant to be really inspiring with him finally answering Kaidou’s question, but I still don’t think he deserves to rule Wano as Shogun over Hiyori who had to suffer in Wano for 20 years. Then again Hiyori’s character feels pointless now. They didn’t even have Denjiro secretly train her or anything. She feels like a complete waste of a character and a missed opportunity, but I don’t want to dwell on that anymore despite it really annoying me.

What bugs me a little is how incompetent Kaidou comes across. He’s let all of this happen despite being aware of it. He let people like Luffy and Law stay alive and made no real effort to hunt down their crew despite knowing that they and the samurai were plotting something, and then was told about Luffy being out of prison and they were on their way to raid the island, but would rather just continue with the party and not bother getting his forces ready. I get it was because Kaidou is overconfident and doesn’t look at Luffy as a threat, but I feel like we are late enough in the series where it doesn’t really make sense for Luffy to continue to be underestimated like that. It makes me appreciate Blackbeard more with how smart and he was with his planning.

Also to see Zoro struggling and getting injured against the SMILE fodder it a bit disappointing. So far none of the SMILE users have been worth anything despite Oda trying to say they are strong now, but him and Kid being stuck fighting this fodder feels like Oda just sidelining them which sucks.

I hate that I feel overly negative with the chapter. Don’t like feeling that way, but it is frustrating. Maybe if Act 3 is ending soon things will shift in a more interesting direction then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users