• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,412 posts
  • LocationSunset Vista

User's Awards

3       2    4   

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

open-box-1.jpg

Pandora's Box

It was a false gift, given by the gods to a curious woman.

It held not wonders.

It held not happiness.

It held only

plague

strife

fear

evil.

And all that remained within the box when the curious woman closed it? Hope.

But we were too scared to open it again.

PROLOGUE

Spoiler

STORY IN A NUTSHELL

Spoiler

THE TECHNICAL STUFF

Spoiler

CHAOS MUTATIONAL TYPES

Spoiler

CHARACTER SKELETON

Spoiler

tl;dr

This was one of my best RPs. It originated on the previous OMF forum. I believe I was on my second account Giga Drill Breaker, and it saw heavy recognition. At least for it's time. Unfortunately I made it during what I refer to as The Great SGRP Deadzone of 2011. There was little to no RP activity for months that year. Miracle of Chaos caused a small boom and eventually the SG RPs recovered but it died before it's time. I'm giving it another chance. This RP is not a mirror of the Miracle of Chaos from two years ago, but it's actually redone and reimagined, with less plot holes and more real-world integration.

Basically the RP is Final Fantasy meets Red Dead Redemption meets Deus Ex meets Assassin's Creed's past to future elements, if you want to think of it that way. 

Anyways, please state interest if you're up for it. I'm going for at least five people before I confirm it. (I know the rules say three but I'm taking no risks.)

Edited by ZCOverload, 03 January 2013 - 07:15 PM.

I'll clear this with no continues!

wlpOFuA.gif

#2 Morveer

Morveer

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Location13th Hour

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

Bookmarked for now. You have my interest.

9db129e0-6b3e-4ea7-99c4-204b1b328473_zps

#3 taichi

taichi

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,766 posts
  • LocationThe 7 Men Room

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

count me in. I like the multiple timelines idea.

Flatlord%20Misuzu.gif

#4 Metal Heart

Metal Heart

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts
  • LocationCosmere

User's Awards

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

Liking the idea, Im in.

Thank you for taking the time to read this signature. This signature loves you.

If anyone is in the mood for some Smash Bros 3DS my friend code is 1118-0339-4355.

Spoiler I am writing stuff

#5 drunk

drunk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Locationright… BEHIND YOU!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

I like this. Count me in among the interested as well.

#6 Défectueux

Défectueux

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationBeing oh so dark and mysteriously full of pretention

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

I might be in.

#7 ZCOverload

ZCOverload

Veneer

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,412 posts
  • LocationSunset Vista

User's Awards

3       2    4   

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

Wow, already five you guys?!

Anyways, what are your thoughts on the story/gameplay/mechanics? Anything you think I should change or improve? This is actually my first RP on the corner so I'm still not entirely certain of everything. Also I'm going to need a Co-GM so there's that.

wlpOFuA.gif

#8 God Mode

God Mode

So Lel :3

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,573 posts

User's Awards

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

Consider my interest piqued. I'll bookmark it for now.

#9 taichi

taichi

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,766 posts
  • LocationThe 7 Men Room

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

Wow, already five you guys?!

Anyways, what are your thoughts on the story/gameplay/mechanics? Anything you think I should change or improve?

I think the overall skeleton is just fine as it is. Just a few questions though, this is a sci-fi RP right? So, no fantasy stuff... Elves, dragons, etc., right?

And are the chaos mutational types are limited to those or are you planning to add more to them?

Also, are you planning to elaborate the stories and the locations each acts takes place or are you planning to go with something more spontaneous? (Maybe you already have some ideas in your mind?)

Lastly;

"Basically the RP is Final Fantasy meets Red Dead Redemption meets Deus Ex meets Assassin's Creed's past to future elements,"

I'm not really familiar with any of these stuff above, might this issue be problematic for me in the future? >_>

This is actually my first RP on the corner so I'm still not entirely certain of everything. Also I'm going to need a Co-GM so there's that.

I might be willing to be the Co-GM; but it's probably wiser to have a Co-GM that is more experienced in the RP Corner ...

Flatlord%20Misuzu.gif

#10 ZCOverload

ZCOverload

Veneer

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,412 posts
  • LocationSunset Vista

User's Awards

3       2    4   

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

I think the overall skeleton is just fine as it is. Just a few questions though, this is a sci-fi RP right? So, no fantasy stuff... Elves, dragons, etc., right?

And are the chaos mutational types are limited to those or are you planning to add more to them?

Also, are you planning to elaborate the stories and the locations each acts takes place or are you planning to go with something more spontaneous? (Maybe you already have some ideas in your mind?)

Lastly;

"Basically the RP is Final Fantasy meets Red Dead Redemption meets Deus Ex meets Assassin's Creed's past to future elements,"

I'm not really familiar with any of these stuff above, might this issue be problematic for me in the future? >_>

I might be willing to be the Co-GM; but it's probably wiser to have a Co-GM that is more experienced in the RP Corner ...

The world we are in is essentially the real world. Just with a bit of an edge. There will be dragons and monsters and stuff but I'm not allowing races like elves and the like. Also, this RP is more fantasy/historical/sci-fi. It's not a single genre.

The CMs are in fact limited to those listed but see that little "CM Specifics" section? It's not completely restricted to "DO THIS NOTHING ELSE".

The acts take place where I say when I say. Let me be a little more specific. The Founding Act is in middle ages/early renaissance England, The Gunslinger Act is in Western America, some time before the civil war. The Future Act is in Japan, and the Present Day Act is in Greece.

No, that issue will not be a problem. It was just a comparison for some people who were confused.

As for the whole Co-GM situation, depends on if anyone else is up for it.

wlpOFuA.gif

#11 Baro

Baro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

Ohhh interesting!

#12 taichi

taichi

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,766 posts
  • LocationThe 7 Men Room

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:46 AM

The world we are in is essentially the real world. Just with a bit of an edge. There will be dragons and monsters and stuff but I'm not allowing races like elves and the like. Also, this RP is more fantasy/historical/sci-fi. It's not a single genre.

Perfectly fit for my tastes :3 I would've gone for a human even if you did allow other races anyways.

So, does each timeline have their own genre, or they're all mixed?

For example is it like:

Founding arc is fantasy

Gunslinger arc is historical

future arc is sci-fi 

or is it like that each act are a mix of multiple genres by themselves?

The CMs are in fact limited to those listed but see that little "CM Specifics" section? It's not completely restricted to "DO THIS NOTHING ELSE".

Well, that's fair enough I suppose. In the end, it's up to how creative we can be. I don't think I'll have problems regarding that :3

The acts take place where I say when I say. Let me be a little more specific. The Founding Act is in middle ages/early renaissance England, The Gunslinger Act is in Western America, some time before the civil war. The Future Act is in Japan, and the Present Day Act is in Greece.

That means it would be a good idea to do some research about those timelines before handed. At least for me.  I'd probably have no problems in early renaissance England, or future Japan. But I'm not really knowledgeable in the field American History.

Present day act in greece? I'll make sure my character for that timeline will be Turkish then>D.

The question is, are you going to be mainly self-speculative about each act, or are you planning to base your story on some historical incidents/facts?

As for the whole Co-GM situation, depends on if anyone else is up for it.

I'll keep that in mind.

Flatlord%20Misuzu.gif

#13 Pitou

Pitou

I seduced four Mods and all I got was this lousy Custom Title

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Locationa Yellow Submarine

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

On phone, only partially completed for now

Spoiler

#14 drunk

drunk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Locationright… BEHIND YOU!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:46 AM

Do you want us to create all our characters for the RP right now? (As in before it starts)

Or are you going to separate this into arcs based on the time period? (If so, which one's first?)

#15 LoneWolfStark

LoneWolfStark

He Who Does Not Post

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,387 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Lonely

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:39 AM

I really like the idea of a chaos-filled world (sort of reminds me of insanity in Soul Eater), and am in love with the skill and concept system.

The three eras is also an intriguing idea. Do we design all four characters right away or do each of them before their era starts? Going to have to do some research on the timelines...

Pettanko FC | To Aru Majutsu no Index FC

PtQ6aHD.png

"I won't make any excuses for myself. No matter what sins I must bear, I will continue my fight to the end."

Spoiler The List

Damanos: Well, that's what I mean
Damanos: It's "based" on the stepping on somebody's shadow thing
Damanos: But then Kubo bullshits however he wants beyond that
LoneWolfStark: YYH did that better
Damanos: "YYH did that better"
Damanos: Bleach in a nutshell

-Damanos, September 24, 2015

#16 ZCOverload

ZCOverload

Veneer

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,412 posts
  • LocationSunset Vista

User's Awards

3       2    4   

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

To both of you, you can pre-design your characters beforehand or write them as each act comes along.

EDIT: Oh, crap. I never saw. Sena gave the all-clear to me to move this to an OOC and get it started. I have a bit much on my plate right now so I can't do this yet but next chance I get I'll put together a proper OOC for this. Thanks so much you guys!

Edited by ZCOverload, 07 January 2013 - 12:21 PM.

wlpOFuA.gif

#17 taichi

taichi

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,766 posts
  • LocationThe 7 Men Room

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

So the acts come in chronological order, right?

Flatlord%20Misuzu.gif

#18 ZCOverload

ZCOverload

Veneer

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,412 posts
  • LocationSunset Vista

User's Awards

3       2    4   

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

Yes, that they do.

EDIT: Crap didn't see your other question regarding the acts Tai. I'm going to be a mix of speculative and historical. The characters are going to be more or less separated from large-scale historical events. However, certain very large, nigh unavoidable situations, such as civil war battles, will be depicted within the RP. Which is why we should do a bit of historical research. I'm pretty well-versed in what'll be going on in the Gunslinger Act, but I might need some help regarding England.

Edited by ZCOverload, 07 January 2013 - 02:25 PM.

wlpOFuA.gif

#19 ZCOverload

ZCOverload

Veneer

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,412 posts
  • LocationSunset Vista

User's Awards

3       2    4   

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:21 AM

Craaaap. The OOC's gotta be put on hold a couple days. I'm REALLY REALLY busy and I haven't had time to write it up. I'll try my best to get it out by Saturday or Sunday though.

wlpOFuA.gif

#20 LoneWolfStark

LoneWolfStark

He Who Does Not Post

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,387 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Lonely

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:38 AM

No rush, bro.

I've got a Nephilim CS to do anyhow.

Pettanko FC | To Aru Majutsu no Index FC

PtQ6aHD.png

"I won't make any excuses for myself. No matter what sins I must bear, I will continue my fight to the end."

Spoiler The List

Damanos: Well, that's what I mean
Damanos: It's "based" on the stepping on somebody's shadow thing
Damanos: But then Kubo bullshits however he wants beyond that
LoneWolfStark: YYH did that better
Damanos: "YYH did that better"
Damanos: Bleach in a nutshell

-Damanos, September 24, 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users