82 replies to this topic

#21 MAX_COLA_POWER!

MAX_COLA_POWER!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts
  • LocationIn a Locationy place.

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:07 AM

Fourth one is the best in terms of artwork, though I think that's from the manga I came across; that manga sucked.

Jeez, why are there so many variations? Seems silly.

Would you believe that some people prefer the second set of drawings from left to right just because they hate the Light Novel's version?, while kinda because everyone on the second section looks meaner and that in turn kinda wakes up the masochist inside the fans, i dunno, point being, I'm fine with the art that they picked.

#22 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,822 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

Not sure what looks "meaner" to you in there, it all looks pretty chill to me, if anything the first is "meanest" though even then not much.

So I watched the episode, not bad not bad at all I say. I did enjoy the episode and the scenery was nice at times. (I'll just go ahead and drop the issue of who looks like what right now because really it's minor and I wouldn't want to ruin my enjoyment of the show for something like that, ice king is still a dweeb though, even if that's what he looked like in the LN)

iyzTKCh.jpg

“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”

#23 Don't say

Don't say

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:37 AM

First episode really got me. Result was that i just finished whole manga after having fangsm over storyline.Vrrr..Too bad for me because it is still not finished:(

#24 The Witcher

The Witcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:20 AM

I don't really mind the fanservice: I thought the manga was relatively light in that regard. It's nothing compared to Spice and Wolf that had full nudity in the first episode and several times afterwards.

My only real complaint is that the Demon Queen's signature red hair looks brown-ish.

I'm really liking the music, I can't wait for the OST.

#25 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,353 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

This anime is helping me learn some new words since they don't address people by their birth names XD

Hero and The Queen are so cute when they're together :P

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#26 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,353 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

Great episode, The Queen's plan seems to be progressing nicely, the tomboy girl and the maid makes me laugh XD  

Yuusha and Maoyuu are cute as always :P

Edited by Tokoya, 19 January 2013 - 09:50 AM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#27 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,822 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:16 AM

Liked the new episode, Maid was hilarious, also wtf are those spirit things? Were those in the LN? Because they weren't in any of the manga. The old flame joking was funny too, but again, no matter how often I see it I just get irrationally annoyed whenever I see the Ice King, because I know he's a major bro and is really dependable, but he just looks so damn dweebish here, gah! At least everyone else is fine.

Spoiler

EDIT:

So I don't know who saw the new episode but much like I thought, I really don't like the design on South King, alas, nor was the dragon princess much to write home about, come on anime what are you doing here XD. The rest of it was fine though, I liked Merchant he's just as hilarious as before, and yet I felt like having the spirit things on Maou's side sort of cheapened the tense-ness of the scene since before they had no backup plan should they be unable to convince Merchant. Still fun though.

Edited by Spamamdorf, 27 January 2013 - 05:42 AM.

iyzTKCh.jpg

“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”

#28 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,353 posts

User's Awards

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

Looks like we pretty much got more the same this episode, either way I still enjoyed it

I'm confused though, did Yuusha stay in the castle ALL this time or is it that he just comes and goes?

Yuusha's and Maoyuu's relationship is starting to turn into a real one and I'm loving it XD

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#29 The Witcher

The Witcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

Darn. They're abridging the plot too much for my taste. I enjoyed reading about Yuusha's exploits in the demon world(particularly where he got engaged to the Dragon Princess) in the manga, but it's been relegated to narration here. I wish they'd go at a slower pace; every episode feels like it needs to catch its breath a little, with too many moments where I needed to pause and rewind to catch what was happening.

#30 Peleihno

Peleihno

F*ck Trump

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts
  • LocationThe New New Frontier

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

There are 5 different manga variations spawned from the LN, Witcher. Also, I think the plot is "original" in that it's not solely based off any one version of the story. 

Edited by Peleihno, 27 January 2013 - 04:52 PM.

Spoiler Fun Posts

[INSERT SUPER DUPER AWESOME SIG!]

#31 The Witcher

The Witcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

PS: I also dislike that they're leaving out a fair bit of meaningful dialogue. For example, when Yuusha is explaining his reasons for avoiding Maoh a big factor is his insecurity regarding his mortality and the difference in lifespans between him and Maoh(Demons live much longer than humans, so in the long run he's likely to die long before his wife) which dissuade him from getting too close to her. This was left out and replaced with him only being concerned about dying in battle.

There are 5 different manga variations spawned from the LN, Witcher. Also, I think the plot is "original" in that it's not solely based off any one version of the story. 

Which is a great opportunity because they could cherry pick the best elements from all the adaptations for the anime. In any case, a lot of the abridgment is, I believe, relevant to the original LN.

Edited by The Witcher, 29 January 2013 - 02:56 PM.

#32 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,353 posts

User's Awards

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:41 AM

This anime is the ultimate tease lol XD

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#33 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,822 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:21 AM

Tease how? Like how they just show random moments that could have been awesome in the anime that they glossed over or just the shipping?

iyzTKCh.jpg

#34 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,353 posts

User's Awards

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

Tease how? Like how they just show random moments that could have been awesome in the anime that they glossed over or just the shipping?

Tease as in, they refuse to let Maoyuu and Yuusha do the dirty deed ;) or at least kiss :(

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#35 The Witcher

The Witcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

<sigh> This show is not going to last beyond the first season. Every episode is rushed with a series of segments cutting into one another and no smooth flow. If not for the fact that I'd read the manga the plot would be largely incoherent and confusing to me.

Too bad. With the great source material and the production values it had potential.  :(

#36 Shredow

Shredow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

I haven't had any trouble following the plot. And I haven't read any of the manga nor the light novels.

Sure it goes a bit fast at points but its nowhere near as bad as anything bones puts out or the like.

#37 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,353 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

Well, we got to see some action so I'm happy :P

The Old Man and Yuusha's talk was hilarious btw :lol:

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#38 Shredow

Shredow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:56 AM

So as of right now its only slated for 12 episodes. Kinda explains why they're brushing past some stuff... You guys think we'll get a second season down the line?

#39 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,353 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:48 AM

So as of right now its only slated for 12 episodes. Kinda explains why they're brushing past some stuff... You guys think we'll get a second season down the line?

I hope so, I dont really know how big the fan base is for this though 

Either way, when its done I'll start the manga for it

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#40 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,822 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:23 AM

I hope so, I dont really know how big the fan base is for this though 

Either way, when its done I'll start the manga for it

Definetly should, the manga is really well done (can't say anything for the LN however)

iyzTKCh.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users