#1 singleturbo

singleturbo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

2zi7hbt.jpg

A school love comedy. Kotoura Haruka is a 15-year-old girl who can read people's minds. She has been suffering from troubles caused by her mind-reading ability, and her parents got divorced as a result. She moves to a new high school but tries to keep away from her classmates. Manabe Yoshihisa, one of her classmates, accepts and appreciates her ability and she begins to interact with her friends with his help.

Just watched ep1 and yikes!

I do think this will be a love comedy overall, but this one begins with a bit of a prologue that show the backstory of the main character (Kotoura) that is to put it lightly, SAD.  Overall pretty good if you don't mind a bit of a gut wrench to start. 

#2 Spade

Spade

Kaze ni Nare

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • LocationAt the top

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

Wow, the first half was amazing. It literally started so bright and colorful that my eyes hurt and slowly became darker and darker and darker... And then BAM! the darkness shatters. Love it.

However, I do not expect for one second that the show will keep being this. The opening alone indicates this will be more of a comedy than whatever the beginning was trying to sell. Just seeing a chibi-fied dead-eyes-mother in that opening... that killed the aura she created in the actual episode. You can't expect me to take her serious if you depict her like that. Also, the character design doesn't really fit the mood of such a story, so I'm fine with that. I wouldn't be surprised if some people were disappointed after the beginning or will be in the near future.

Spade.png

Catching flies in his mouth
Tasting freedom while he dares
Then crawling back, back to the top, top of the stairs
He won't see the sun again for years to come
He's broken out in love

#3 singleturbo

singleturbo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

Ep2

Hmmm so far so good. The rest of the cast is shaping up nicely.

#4 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

Hm... yeah, that should be about the right amount of unconventional tragedy to satisfy Spade for now.

I like the male protagonist just for being himself. Actually, the little dude is pretty cool, too. Thought he'd be more annoying from the way he looked.

samisig.jpg

#5 Spade

Spade

Kaze ni Nare

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • LocationAt the top

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

Hm... yeah, that should be about the right amount of unconventional tragedy to satisfy Spade for now.

There is no "right amount", it's all about the presentation. ;)

Anyway, I can't help but feel like the dark drama is a little out of place. Or the comedy is. I'd probably like it more if one or the other wasn't there at all. :/

I agree about the small dude, he's a cool guy. His appearance reminded me a lot of Chitan from Katte ni Kaizou, which could have been a disaster. As for the male protagonist... eh, don't like him. Once again, his serious and comedic sides clash too much. Which is strange, by the way, as that has never bothered me in any series. On the contrary, I usually like it. From Clannad to One Piece, they all work for me. This one doesn't. I think it may be related to the character design, but figuring this out will be my mission for this show for now.

Spade.png

He's broken out in love

#6 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

I don't think there's anything special about the guy. His only trait is to not be a jackass in a world of jackasses. From the very beginning this has been a very manipulative show, but I honestly don't mind one bit since I enjoy watching Kotoura getting tortured but then rewarded by the author. Instant payoff. I don't care about the comedy either, but I do like the romance.

...I have to say though, that brief shot of a little girl watching someone hanging from the roof did get me to say "ok, what the **** did I just watch?"

samisig.jpg

#7 singleturbo

singleturbo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

Wow Moritani is a huge B, I wasn't expecting for her to go that far.  Also it seems like the MC isn't all that weak...

#8 Spade

Spade

Kaze ni Nare

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • LocationAt the top

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

Okay, I'm out. I just can't get into this show. I tried but it just doesn't work. Mucho enjoymento to the rest of you.

Spade.png

He's broken out in love

#9 singleturbo

singleturbo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

Okay, I'm out. I just can't get into this show. I tried but it just doesn't work. Mucho enjoymento to the rest of you.

The new episode was nice. things have lightened up quite a bit.

#10 Spade

Spade

Kaze ni Nare

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • LocationAt the top

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:38 AM

The new episode was nice. things have lightened up quite a bit.

Thanks for trying but I liked neither the dark, nor the light parts of this show. So no matter what way this show goes, it's just not meant for me.

Spade.png

He's broken out in love

#11 Donten

Donten

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:07 AM

Easily one of my favourite shows this season. These last episodes have been a bit too lighthearted, though. It needs more suffering.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users