Photo

Green and Black Theme

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
91 replies to this topic

#21 Raijuu

Raijuu

Mary's Hubby. May Uglypuff pour the waters of ugly upon thee

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

Would anyone be interested in more themes.

I'm thinking about making these:

Orange Burst (A theme with different shades of orange in the background and black text)

A theme inspired by the winter lights banner contest winner (Wouldn't do this until I see the winter banner)

Red Carbon (This one would take the most work, since I'd do it extremely different then the others)

I won't start another theme until I finish fixing what's broken in the Black and Green one.

Wouldn't hurt.

That is not possible since it is CSS only. CSS doesn't take extra time to interpret or render. It's probably just the site.

Yeah, my bad, it was the site. I switched back and got same loading skip. 

bloodbornesig_zpsqwh26arl.png

#22 ANewLight

ANewLight

Hokage

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

Makaze you seem to know a little bit more about CSS then I do, well there's something that I'm stuck on. I can't edit the color of the quote(s) while they are in the reply box. It's the one thing that I can't figure out.

Edited by ANewLight, 19 January 2013 - 04:33 PM.

#23 Makaze

Makaze

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

Makaze you seem to know a little bit more about CSS then I do, well there's something that I'm stuck on. I can't edit the color of the quote(s) while they are in the reply box. It's the one thing that I can't figure out.

I'm afraid that it is not possible with external CSS as far as I know. Since it is inside an iframe that has no source, the CSS cannot be edited.

You can do it in Firefox with this hack, but not in other browsers:

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain("onemangaforums.com") {

blockquote.ipsBlockquote {
        background-color: YOURCOLOR ! important; /* Needs to match the colour of quotes in the thread or it will supersede them */
    }

/* Any other CSS inside of the iframe */

}

Since many users do not use Firefox, you might want to leave the post editor alone. It's up to you.

Edited by Makaze, 19 January 2013 - 08:18 PM.

I hold you in the highest regard, my friends.

ibdl7kCi5PMto4.png
τη καλλίστη | Fallacious | Technical | BBCode Editor

#24 ANewLight

ANewLight

Hokage

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

I'm afraid that it is not possible with external CSS as far as I know. Since it is inside an iframe that has no source, the CSS cannot be edited.

You can do it in Firefox with this hack, but not in other browsers:
Spoiler
Since many users do not use Firefox, you might want to leave the post editor alone. But it's up to you.

Yeah, I was checking the newer version in chrome earlier and noticed that it's a Firefox problem.

I use Firefox so it's nice to have a fix, but after checking out the newer version of chrome I'll probably switch over. I haven't really used chrome since the beta for the original version...

Edited by ANewLight, 19 January 2013 - 08:27 PM.

#25 Makaze

Makaze

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

Yeah, I was checking the newer version in chrome earlier and noticed that it's a Firefox problem.

I use Firefox so it's nice to have a fix, but after checking out the newer version of chrome I'll probably switch over. I haven't really used chrome since the beta for the original version...

If you put the Firefox-specific CSS in that section and leave the post editor unedited outside of it, then you can successfully style the post editor in Firefox but not Chrome. That way Firefox users and Chrome users can download the same style but the Firefox part will only affect Firefox.

Edited by Makaze, 19 January 2013 - 09:00 PM.

ibdl7kCi5PMto4.png

#26 ANewLight

ANewLight

Hokage

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

If you put the Firefox-specific CSS in that section and leave the post editor unedited outside of it, then you can successfully style the post editor in Firefox but not Chrome. That way Firefox users and Chrome users can download the same style but the Firefox part will only affect Firefox.

Well the one that I have up now can be downloaded on chrome and works the same as the Firefox version(I checked). Apparently it deletes:

...when you download it. The Firefox only content is still in the code, but it doesn't effect anything on chrome.

#27 Makaze

Makaze

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

Well the one that I have up now can be downloaded on chrome and works the same as the Firefox version(I checked). Apparently it deletes:

...when you download it. The Firefox only content is still in the code, but it doesn't effect anything on chrome.

That's what I'm saying.

It doesn't delete it, it just ignores it since it is made specifically for Mozilla.

A few of your CSS items were for Mozilla only (e.g. the button gradients) and I deleted them in my code. If a property has -moz- before the property name, it's Firefox only. -webkit- is the same thing, but for Chrome and Safari. Experimental CSS has its own prefix for every browser.

Edited by Makaze, 19 January 2013 - 10:44 PM.

ibdl7kCi5PMto4.png

#28 ANewLight

ANewLight

Hokage

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

Version 2.0 is finished. I believe that I've fixed all if not most of the problems that I've seen.

To update go Here and click update.

What do you think of the updates and changes?

Edited by ANewLight, 22 January 2013 - 03:57 PM.

#29 Makaze

Makaze

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

It isn't working at all on Chrome. Like I told you, it doesn't delete the Firefox filter. It doesn't recognize the code inside it at all. Since the whole theme is wrapped in the @-moz-document tag, the whole thing gets ignored by Chrome.

You should have most of the code be outside of @-moz-document and then have the code that only applies to Firefox in a @-moz-document below everything, so that it will only overwrite the code in Firefox and leave Chrome untouched.

That aside, I still prefer my version.

Note: The spoiler buttons act weird. Especially in quotes; you can't see the text since the background of the button is the same colour as the text.

Edited by Makaze, 20 January 2013 - 12:03 AM.

ibdl7kCi5PMto4.png

#30 ANewLight

ANewLight

Hokage

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

It isn't working at all on Chrome. Like I told you, it doesn't delete the Firefox filter. It doesn't recognize the code inside it at all. Since the whole theme is wrapped in the @-moz-document tag, the whole thing gets ignored by Chrome.

I'm using the downloaded version of the theme in chrome right now and it works just fine. Are you downloading it or copy/pasting the CSS code.

You should have most of the code be outside of @-moz-document and then have the code that only applies to Firefox in a @-moz-document below everything, so that it will only overwrite the code in Firefox and leave Chrome untouched.

In Firefox any code that's outside of that effects every website you go on. It has to be around the whole thing or it doesn't work in Firefox. At least that's how it's been in my experience.

That aside, I still prefer my version.

Fair enough.

Note: The spoiler buttons act weird. Especially in quotes; you can't see the text since the background of the button is the same colour as the text.

Really I'll have to check that out.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edit:

Hmmm.... I think the text in the spoiler button may be transparent since I can't even see it when I highlight it... And this seems to be a Chrome only problem (which I seem to be noticing a few right now) and it doesn't appear in Firefox, still I'll have to fix it at some point.

I'm going to bed right now I've gotten like three hrs of sleep in the last few days.

As of right now it's:

The theme works in Firefox

Kinda broken in Chrome

Edited by ANewLight, 20 January 2013 - 01:03 AM.

#31 Makaze

Makaze

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:31 AM

I'm using the downloaded version of the theme in chrome right now and it works just fine. Are you downloading it or copy/pasting the CSS code.

In Firefox any code that's outside of that effects every website you go on. It has to be around the whole thing or it doesn't work in Firefox. At least that's how it's been in my experience.

Fair enough.

Really I'll have to check that out.

Spoiler

Edit:

Hmmm.... I think the text in the spoiler button may be transparent since I can't even see it when I highlight it... And this seems to be a Chrome only problem (which I seem to be noticing a few right now) and it doesn't appear in Firefox, still I'll have to fix it at some point.

I'm going to bed right now I've gotten like three hrs of sleep in the last few days.

As of right now it's:

The theme works in Firefox

Kinda broken in Chrome

When I tested the script in Firefox with @-moz-document it worked fine and I've used it many times in the middle of themes to specify a Firefox-specific style. You just have to remember to close the brackets correctly.

This works for me, without @namespace:

body {
color: #111 ! important;
}

body {
color: #ddd ! important;
}

}

And I copied the code because there was no update button or link on the page.

The code you want for the spoiler buttons:

input.bbc_spoiler_show {
color: YOURCOLOR ! important;
}

Edited by Makaze, 20 January 2013 - 04:06 PM.

ibdl7kCi5PMto4.png

#32 ANewLight

ANewLight

Hokage

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

If some users can't update here's an alternative way to update:

(If you have stylish and the theme downloaded) Click on the stylish "S" and click "Manage Styles..." on chrome click "Check for Updates" on firefox click "more" in the description then click "check for updates".

When I tested the script in Firefox with @-moz-document it worked fine and I've used it many times in the middle of themes to specify a Firefox-specific style. You just have to remember to close the brackets correctly.

This works for me, without @namespace:

body {
color: #111 ! important;
}

body {
color: #ddd ! important;
}

}

And I copied the code because there was no update button or link on the page.

The code you want for the spoiler buttons:

input.bbc_spoiler_show {
color: YOURCOLOR ! important;
}

OK thanks. I've really only done small edits before this and I greatly appreciate all of your help.

I need a break from looking at the code though, I feel like it's all that I've seen for a while now. :P   I'll edit/fix the spoiler buttons when I have time. ;)  Right now I'm going to get some posting done.

#33 Makaze

Makaze

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

It appears you are right about wrapping the whole thing in the Firefox version. That's how it decides what websites to target.

Carry on unless you have any more problems.

You're welcome for the help.

Edited by Makaze, 21 January 2013 - 01:41 PM.

ibdl7kCi5PMto4.png

#34 ANewLight

ANewLight

Hokage

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts

User's Awards

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

Version 2.1 is done.

Fixed:
Issues in chrome
Spoiler tag buttons
Sign-in menu

This should be the last update unless something stops working or needs to be fixed. As far as I can tell it now looks more or less the same on both browsers. ;)

#35 ANewLight

ANewLight

Hokage

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts

User's Awards

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

Minor update:
Fixed:
Donation sidebar

;)

#36 Echo

Echo

Seventy-eight

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:54 AM

/installs

Its 2008 again! :D

It also works on opera yay

Edited by Echo, 12 February 2013 - 03:55 AM.

#37 ZCOverload

ZCOverload

Pigs to the slaughter.

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,413 posts

User's Awards

3       2    4   

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

The notification and PM icons are gone though. Any word on that?

I'll clear this with no continues!

wlpOFuA.gif

#38 ANewLight

ANewLight

Hokage

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts

User's Awards

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

The notification and PM icons are gone though. Any word on that?

I'm looking into some fixes for that. It should be fixed in the next update.

Edit:

It is fixed and it will be in the next update, which should be some time next week. I need some time to test it on both Firefox and Chrome before I release release it. That way I can make sure nothing is horribly broken because of my changes.

I fixed the icons for: PM, Notifications, Search and Advanced Search. So those will all be in the next update.

;)

Edited by ANewLight, 13 February 2013 - 04:46 PM.

#39 ANewLight

ANewLight

Hokage

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts

User's Awards

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

I worked all day yesterday testing the theme and doing very little posting. The result: Version 3 is ready!

Happy Valentine's day. :valentine:

As always if you have any problems let me know. :kakashi:

Edited by ANewLight, 19 February 2013 - 02:20 AM.

#40 ANewLight

ANewLight

Hokage

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:43 AM

Black and Green Theme Update:

Fixed:

Any color issues with the SG's

Changed the background in quotes to a shade of grey

fixed add "as a friend button" on other peoples profiles

Centered the Notification and PM icons to look more like they are supposed to

the background in the special BB code box popup, the insert an image popup, etc.

Social Groups side bar remover Update:

Better update then yesterday now the changes effect SG section only

SG topics now look like any other topic on OMF

And with this update I believe that I'm done with the theme.

As always if you have any problems let me know. :kakashi:

Edited by ANewLight, 19 February 2013 - 02:44 AM.