Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts
  • LocationIn the House of Hades

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:16 AM

http://www.animenews...studio-launches

catfishdeluxe_happyland.jpg

Yapiko Animation, a new studio based on collaboration between French and Japanese animators, launched in October. The studio was founded by animator Eddie Mehong (Casshern Sins, Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine), director Jean-Louis Vandestoc (Monster Buster Club, Rekkit), and producer Severine Varlette. It also brings together Japanese talents such as character designer and animation director Masami Suda (Fist of the North Star, Musashi), and animators Hiroshi Shimizu (Fullmetal Alchemist, FLCL), Yûichi Takahashi (Naruto Shippūden: The Will of Fire, Blue Exorcist), and Eriko Kubokawa (Fullmetal Alchemist, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time).
The studio is based in both France and Japan, and its stated goals are
to create animation productions for television and multimedia aimed at
both Western and Eastern markets....(continued at ANN)

Got to admit, the sample pic there they run with the article looks interesting and very well done. They seem to have some pretty decent talent coming to help them out as well. I've seen a few Franco-Japanese anime before and I've enjoyed them so I may come to enjoy this studio, depending on the titles of course.

• Raiden likes this

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

"Ass Pull": Often the first term people use to show how dissatisfied they are with something before it can be explained.

"Bull shit": often the first term used when a person expresses their dissatisfaction with something and they don't like the explaination.

#2 Shredow

Shredow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

Actually, I once saw a very good anime style cartoon come out of France. It was called Wakfu and it was based off of that MMO..I was actually shocked at how well done it was. Hell they even had an OVA that was animated by Ghibli at one point..

So, yeah, this is very interesting indeed. I wonder how this'll turn out.

#3 inzaratha

inzaratha

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

It does look pretty cool to me, there are a few French / Japanese mangas that I read.   

#4 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

http://www.animenews...imation-project

2-queens.jpg

"How did two frail young women manage to rule Europe?

Why did they become deadly enemies?"

The 2 Queens: Filled with passion, conspiracy and war, The 2 Queens is a thrilling historical epic, developed by a team of major international artists including animation master Toshiyuki Inoue (Akira; Blood, the Last Vampire) and writer director Savin Yeatman-Eiffel (Oban Star-Racers).

Developed as a feature film trilogy, as well as a drama television series, The 2 Queens traces the relentless rise to power of two fascinating women in the dark hours of the Early Middle Ages - and the merciless rivalry that pits them against one another until their dying breath.

http://www.savtheworld.com/eng/2R.php

This sounds interesting and it's great that as they work on this project that they have a more global intent rather then trying to focus solely on one area of the world. They're putting in a lot of muscle from shows I've enjoyed, Dennou Coil, Basquahs, Oban star racers, Space Pirates, and AKB0048.

Edited by Vl731, 14 March 2013 - 09:19 PM.

• azer_moli, Raiden and FrostyMouse like this

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

"Ass Pull": Often the first term people use to show how dissatisfied they are with something before it can be explained.

"Bull shit": often the first term used when a person expresses their dissatisfaction with something and they don't like the explaination.

#5 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,187 posts
  • LocationStamford Bridge

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

It does look interesting. Thanks for the link and information, Vl.

ilhd1c.jpg

#6 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:21 PM

Made some minor edits. Can't wait to see the trailer since there really isn't much else to go on just yet

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

#7 Vafhudr

Vafhudr

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • LocationAn eternal sand plain under a clear blue sky.

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:11 AM

Franco-japanese collaboration led to some pretty classic animes in the 80's. 

Personally, I want to see a proper remake/update of this show.

75ce44f0-c79e-4af9-8bda-76247dba21cd_zps

[The Birds of Minerva Take Flight at Dusk]

Writing Resources

[Blood History]

#8 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts
  • LocationA really dark Pit...

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:38 AM

this Happy Land movie they are planing sounds and looks (the one picture^^) actually pretty interesting. :3

Also will look forward to that series called Powerbag, although the summary sounds a bit silly I think it could get quite awesome xD

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

9958384cd25b54e19f67b0e862a0d3b6.jpg

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users