#2 Sykosis

Sykosis

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts
  • LocationThe Dominion of El Chad

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:37 AM

How much reiatsu/reishi/whatever is actually stored in the Ginto tubes? Is it concentrated? All I know is that just a single drop from a tube can set off Sprenger. Would it give a boost if the liquid reishi were ingested and by how much?

Spoiler

#3 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,206 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:26 AM

How much reiatsu/reishi/whatever is actually stored in the Ginto tubes? Is it concentrated? All I know is that just a single drop from a tube can set off Sprenger. Would it give a boost if the liquid reishi were ingested and by how much?

Not much as it took four tubes from Uryu to perform one spell on a Hollow. We'd assume he could normally perform the spell himself if he still had the energy so each tube must not hold that much reishi.

Seele Scheider's hilt is already filled with reishi so it wasn't only the drop of reishi from the Ginto, but also the reishi in the Seele Schneider.

0680-007%20-%20Copy_zpsyjmuhkna.png

#4 Part-time Lover

Part-time Lover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:40 AM

Anyone think Uryu will fire up another Sprenger in one of his upcoming battles?

#5 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,206 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:23 AM

Sprenger requires the Seele Schneider.

It's pretty much a waste of time when you could just use Blut Arterie or Vollstandig.

#6 Milareppa

Milareppa

Live Long and Prosper

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,094 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:05 PM

Not for the moment. Sprenger and Gintou have both been described as old-fashioned tools. The Vandenreich's tried to modernise itself, so it might regard Sprenger and Gintou as outdated. If Uryuu had been taught they were old-fashioned by a quincy family adhering more to the old ways than the Vandenreich currently does then the Vandenreich might regard them as utterly obsolete. For the moment, Uryuu will probably have to do things the Vandenreich way.

That said, Sprenger did introduce something important that was so quickly glossed over as anything other than a brief point of comedy that we would do well to make the effort not to forget it's been revealed:

When Uryuu introduced the Sprenger there was a brief moment where Pesche and Uryuu argue about whether or not Urahara breaking into the place for Uryuu to obtain the Sprengers means Uryuu's stealing from his father. Behind the joke lies this very serious piece of information: Ryuuken doesn't just have a training room underneath the hospital, he's got a fully stocked quincy armoury there. And Urahara knows all about it.

Edited by Milareppa, 20 August 2013 - 04:11 PM.

• JDG973, Doug the Reaper 2 and Bunny153539 like this

#7 KurostrawberryX

KurostrawberryX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationCode Lyoko: Forest

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:46 PM

Is there a way to put like a list/link of both old fashion techniques and new school techniques up here?

#8 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,206 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:50 PM

Is there a way to put like a list/link of both old fashion techniques and new school techniques up here?

Vollstaendig and, by extension, Skravelai are the only techniques that we have been told resulted from the recent research progress made by the Vanden Reich.

Every other technique we know about was available to Quincy in the past so is an "old fashioned" technique.

The bankai medallions are also new.

• KurostrawberryX likes this

#9 Part-time Lover

Part-time Lover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:43 AM

Sprenger requires the Seele Schneider.

It's pretty much a waste of time when you could just use Blut Arterie or Vollstandig.

Uryu seems to be the type of person to stick to original techniques. I have no doubt that he'll use more new and updated Quincy techniques like Vollstandig or Blut but I see Kubo keeping Uryu as a bow and arrow-using Quincy and that his only old technique that he'll retain in battles is Sprenger

Not for the moment. Sprenger and Gintou have both been described as old-fashioned tools. The Vandenreich's tried to modernise itself, so it might regard Sprenger and Gintou as outdated. If Uryuu had been taught they were old-fashioned by a quincy family adhering more to the old ways than the Vandenreich currently does then the Vandenreich might regard them as utterly obsolete. For the moment, Uryuu will probably have to do things the Vandenreich way.

That said, Sprenger did introduce something important that was so quickly glossed over as anything other than a brief point of comedy that we would do well to make the effort not to forget it's been revealed:

When Uryuu introduced the Sprenger there was a brief moment where Pesche and Uryuu argue about whether or not Urahara breaking into the place for Uryuu to obtain the Sprengers means Uryuu's stealing from his father. Behind the joke lies this very serious piece of information: Ryuuken doesn't just have a training room underneath the hospital, he's got a fully stocked quincy armoury there. And Urahara knows all about it.

Connecting on my thoughts, I agree that Uryu will lean more to Vandenreich techniques because it's more efficient, stronger and practical but Sprenger IMO keeps his character original as I haven't seen any of the SR use it. I agree he won't use Seele Schneider for sword fighting or any Ginto anymore but Sprenger strikes to me as the only old Quincy technique that Uryu will use in his battles. I can even see an updated and more powerful version of it but that's unlikely to happen

The foreshadowing of Ryuuken's stock of Quincy armor and weapons is definitely intriguing. I'm guessing this is connected to the armor he requested from Katagiri from Everything But The Rain? Maybe we'll get to see it as Ryuuken prepares for battle (I think it's a given that Ryuuken will fight given that the final arc is Quincy-centered)

#10 Milareppa

Milareppa

Live Long and Prosper

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,094 posts

User's Awards

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:47 PM

Connecting on my thoughts, I agree that Uryu will lean more to Vandenreich techniques because it's more efficient, stronger and practical

That isn't why I think he'll use them. I think it'll be about maintaining his role - whatever role it is he's playing. He's joined the Vandenreich, so he has to play the role of a Vandenreich member. At least for now.

It will be a way of developing him, of course, but on areas where the philosophies of Souken and Vandenreich clash, while we would expect Uryuu, in his heart, to share his grandfather's view, he's going to have to hide his heart for now and play the Vandenreich's game - at least in terms of appearances, anyway.

In fact, Haschwalth's all but said this as well - it doesn't matter what's in Uryuu's heart, he'll have to play the loyal sidekick. So that's what we'll see. For now, anyway.

The foreshadowing of Ryuuken's stock of Quincy armor and weapons is definitely intriguing. I'm guessing this is connected to the armor he requested from Katagiri from Everything But The Rain? Maybe we'll get to see it as Ryuuken prepares for battle (I think it's a given that Ryuuken will fight given that the final arc is Quincy-centered)

It's not just that he has it - I mean, if all the quincies drop dead, their equipment and old training fields still exist, yes? Well, in theory, anyway. And Souken passed everything on to him, so that would surely have to be the quincy resources as well.

No, what's most interesting of all is that he's keeping it all at the hospital. The place where he seems to live (although I wouldn't be surprised if he's the kind of person who loathes going home to an empty house which certainly would be an incentive to become a workaholic, or at least have the appearance of being one). Having a training ground and fully stocked armoury at his work place means he can actually cover any degree of quincy training and or preparation he might be doing on the quiet.

A man does not keep a secret, fully stocked, training ground at his place of work unless he needs his place of work to function as a cover for the use of those facilities and resources.
  • Doug the Reaper 2 likes this

#11 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,206 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

So now the question of why the Stern Ritter couldn't use Vollstaendig while they had the Captain's bankai.

It implies something potentially large: that possessing shimigami power prevents you from using Quincy powers.

But that assumes what the nature of Vollstaendig truly is

#12 Satan

Satan

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:44 PM

Rereading the Kirge fight. How come Kirge's transformation was so much more drastic? Like the eyes, wtf? And none of the Quincy really fight like Quincy. 

neworig14157_zpsea5d2e00.png

#13 PlasmaWolf

PlasmaWolf

超人 / 全能者 / 神様

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,173 posts
  • Location瀞霊廷で、哀れな死神を助けています。

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:55 PM

Rereading the Kirge fight. How come Kirge's transformation was so much more drastic? Like the eyes, wtf? And none of the Quincy really fight like Quincy. 

It's been speculated in some quarters that his Vollstandig eyes were meant to foreshadow the "Jail" letter ability by depicting prison bars. Kirge also exemplified the stylistic nature of Quincy regalia with his fabulous attire, such that Uryu would be jealous if he witnessed it.

• Satan likes this

6OINMKs.png

"Akogare wa rikai kara mottomo tooi kanjou da yo." — Aizen Sousuke

[Credit to the original Sage!]

#14 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,206 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:05 AM

It could be purely because he was in Hueco Mundo, which has a higher amount of reishi in the atmosphere that Soul Society. Allowing him to more full transform after entering his Vollstandig form. 

Besides that, we've seen Stern Ritter change their bodies using their powers so the eyes aren't too surprising, even if they remain unexplained. Gerome "The Roar" changed into a giant gorilla using just his Scrift, Lloyd and Royd just had a random extra eye on their forehead, BG9 is a robot with one glowing red eye, Haschwald's maid had pure black eyes. Their physiology and anatomy are very exotic.

• Satan likes this

#15 Satan

Satan

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:50 AM

Besides that, we've seen Stern Ritter change their bodies using their powers so the eyes aren't too surprising, even if they remain unexplained. Gerome "The Roar" changed into a giant gorilla using just his Scrift, Lloyd and Royd just had a random extra eye on their forehead, BG9 is a robot with one glowing red eye, Haschwald's maid had pure black eyes. Their physiology and anatomy are very exotic.

That reminds me. Weren't they born with their abilities? I thought Bach assigned the Quincy their powers?

#16 PlasmaWolf

PlasmaWolf

超人 / 全能者 / 神様

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,173 posts
  • Location瀞霊廷で、哀れな死神を助けています。

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:42 AM

That reminds me. Weren't they born with their abilities? I thought Bach assigned the Quincy their powers?

We don't really know the answer. It's a tricky subject, because the manga has only noted that the schrifts (letters) were accorded to the Stern Ritter, not the actual abilities. The Quincies all contain Juhabach's blood (which would include Loyd and Royd), yet Juhabach also guided Uryu through a peculiar "ceremony" to exalt his power, which appeared to use blood as an enhancement. Of course, that could be nothing more than Juhabach using special measures for his eventual successor, so it can't exactly be used as a template, either.

Askin says in chapter 547 that the Quincies spent 1,000 years building up their power from within the shadows, so I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility for the Vandenreich to have simply waited that long just to gather about two dozen Quincies with unique abilities.

Edited by PlasmaWolf, 13 December 2013 - 01:43 AM.

6OINMKs.png

"Akogare wa rikai kara mottomo tooi kanjou da yo." — Aizen Sousuke

[Credit to the original Sage!]

#17 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,206 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:48 AM

Yhwach assigns them letters, not powers.

I wold guess that Yhwach just thinks of a word that describes their power based on what letters aren't already owned by other Stern Ritter.

Though, Royd and Loyd both being Y could mean that multiple Stern Ritter can have the same letter. Which would explain who all those fodder were at the meeting where Yhwach introduced Uryu to, who were supposed to be only Stern Ritter. It doesn't make much sense that Yhwach would gather all Quincy and only greet the SR in the crowd.

So the Stern Ritter we're seeing could just be the most powerful Quincy who was given that letter. With other Quincy having the same letter standing under them.

#18 ryuzaki07

ryuzaki07

N00b

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,560 posts
  • LocationOuter Haven

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:53 AM

I wold guess that Yhwach just thinks of a word that describes their power based on what letters aren't already owned by other Stern Ritter.

Though, Royd and Loyd both being Y could mean that multiple Stern Ritter can have the same letter. Which would explain who all those fodder were at the meeting where Yhwach introduced Uryu to, who were supposed to be only Stern Ritter. It doesn't make much sense that Yhwach would gather all Quincy and only greet the SR in the crowd.

So the Stern Ritter we're seeing could just be the most powerful Quincy who was given that letter. With other Quincy having the same letter standing under them.

I find that very hard to believe. Sure its speculation, but I think that the main reason that there were two yourselves was because they were twins.

Posted Image

#19 Satan

Satan

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:29 PM

Yhwach: "Since there're two of you, we'd have an odd man out, so you'll be sharing the same letter. You're brothers, you're cool with that, right? Right. So... The Mimic? That sounds good. Oh, no, I got it! The Double. Get it, because you're twins. It's decided then-- *lightbulb* Holyshitbro, I got it! Ya'll remember how I couldn't think of anything for Y? Okay, okay, hear me out. THE YOURSELF." *crickets* *Bach raises finger* *applause*

#20 Royal_King

Royal_King

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationTrinidad

Posted 04 December 2014 - 06:11 PM

Seeing as how Yhwach has introduced  some new Techs might as well update the thread.

Auswählen : After 990 years of being sealed away, Yhwach used this ability to restore his lost powers. After selecting Quincy whom he deems impure, including those with mixed blood, Yhwach can steal their powers and make them his own. This process is fatal to its victims, particularly those who are already weak. Yhwach can also use this to revive fallen Quincy by stealing the powers and life of other Quincy, which he does by engulfing his targets in massive columns of light.Auswählen is an ability that allows power redistribution. The power of Quincy deemed to be useless is collected and redistributed to the ones who need it, and those that it is given to are reborn stronger.

Zankt Altar: Yhwach summons five orbs of energy in the air around a target that shoot out concentrated beams of energy at the target, forming the pattern of a large Quincy Zeichen; these beams take the power of the target with the intent of giving the taken power to Yhwach.

Sankt Bogen: Yhwach manifests an enormous bow anywhere within his general vicinity with proportionally large Heilig Pfeil, which carry enough force to propel him back up to the Soul King Palace with a single shot.

Blut Vene Anhaben : Yhwach extends his Blut Vene outside of his body to create a forcefield that blocks incoming attacks. It can easily block mid-level Kidō spells, such as Bakudō #62 Hyapporankan, even when employed by a member of the Royal Guard. The forcefield consumes everything around it, including living beings, in order to maintain itself. When activated, it creates the Blut Vene vein pattern on the surface of whatever it attempts to consume.

HXZmyoy.jpg

A Champion of Champions may not be a Hero

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users