• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationWherever I'm Needed.

User's Awards

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

Hiruzen Sarutobi

The Third Hokage and God of Shinobi

Monkey_king_by_kyubisharingan.jpg

Discuss the professor and greatest Hokage here.

• kattonefe likes this

#2 ninpokaton

ninpokaton

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,048 posts
  • LocationDublin/RoIreland

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

Apparently Minato was equal? Kishimoto said they were about Equal, that one...what's her name...Anko said she wished the 4th were still alive for Orochimaru. Although that may be due to Sarutobi's aging and minato would be better at the time.

Edited by ninpokaton, 04 February 2013 - 03:10 PM.

• nocturnalis likes this

#3 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,205 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

Maybe he can give us a good show now that he has an Edo body.

If the Hokage are made to fight somehow

0680-007%20-%20Copy_zpsyjmuhkna.png

#4 ANewLight

ANewLight

Hokage

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts

User's Awards

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

Apparently Minato was equal? Kishimoto said they were about Equal, that one...what's her name...Anko said she wished the 4th were still alive for Orochimaru. Although that may be due to Sarutobi's aging and minato would be better at the time.

Well most of the third Kages have been called the strongest in the history of their villages. I do think that Sarutobi's aging did hold him back.

• nocturnalis likes this

#5 YouLoseAgain

YouLoseAgain

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationFt. Riley,KS

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

Third Hokage...Greatest closet perv that ever existed. 

Edited by YouLoseAgain, 04 February 2013 - 06:09 PM.

#6 McCree114

McCree114

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • LocationMad Dog's Hideout

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

Even as an aged warrior he was able to hold his own against the 1st and 2nd.  He should also get to see how much Naruto has grown.

• nocturnalis likes this

mad_dog_sig__by_mcree114-d5tyenn.png

The fruits of every NaruHina soldier's labor.

#7 marab

marab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

Well... He has an opportunity to see how much has Sasuke grown. And I doubt he's gonna be happy about it :D

• nocturnalis likes this

#8 McCree114

McCree114

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • LocationMad Dog's Hideout

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

I'm sure we'll get a lot of m8eexl.jpg.gif when he talks with Sasuke.  No doubt.

• Satan, Phenomiracle and nocturnalis like this

mad_dog_sig__by_mcree114-d5tyenn.png

The fruits of every NaruHina soldier's labor.

#9 OP Eyes FTW

OP Eyes FTW

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

It depends on how you look at it. In terms of ninjutsu, I'm sure Hiruzen in his prime would absolutely outclass Minato. But in terms of instakill spammable jutsu, Minato takes the cake.

Both are very strong in their own way. But in Minato's case, you don't really have a chance to defend yourself. He has the ability to kill you before you get to use your best techs, nullifying all your strength. The best ninjutsu is useless against an opponent that can kill you before you get a chance to make a handsign. If you fight Hiruzen you probably would have a change as it would be a long drawn out battle.

• Phenomiracle and nocturnalis like this

Over-Powered Eyes For the Win!

#10 frogfu79

frogfu79

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:32 AM

It depends on how you look at it. In terms of ninjutsu, I'm sure Hiruzen in his prime would absolutely outclass Minato. But in terms of instakill spammable jutsu, Minato takes the cake.

Both are very strong in their own way. But in Minato's case, you don't really have a chance to defend yourself. He has the ability to kill you before you get to use your best techs, nullifying all your strength. The best ninjutsu is useless against an opponent that can kill you before you get a chance to make a handsign. If you fight Hiruzen you probably would have a change as it would be a long drawn out battle.

I just find the phrase instakill spammabke jutsu,hilarious.

Edited by frogfu79, 05 February 2013 - 12:36 AM.

• nocturnalis likes this

#11 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,125 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:57 AM

So new chapter is out and it seems (less it's a translation error) that Kishi has just killed or struck a major blow to the built up hype of Hiruzen, namely by taking away his "God of Shonobi" title and now giving it too Hashirama.

To be honest I think that's a bad move on Kishi but whatever this manga has been going down down down for a while now.

• Nagaraja and nocturnalis like this
Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

#12 jomegar

jomegar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • LocationIn Sangrela's Toybox.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:03 AM

So new chapter is out and it seems (less it's a translation error) that Kishi has just killed or struck a major blow to the built up hype of Hiruzen, namely by taking away his "God of Shonobi" title and now giving it too Hashirama.

To be honest I think that's a bad move on Kishi but whatever this manga has been going down down down for a while now.

Or we really need to accept part 1 and 2 as almost separate manga.

• nocturnalis likes this

#13 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,125 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:05 AM

Or we really need to accept part 1 and 2 as almost separate manga.

Things would be a lot better if that were true, but sadly it is not so :(

• nocturnalis likes this
Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

#14 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:17 AM

I don't really think that's what's happening. It's simply like how the Rikkudo was also known as the God of Shinobi during his time, and how Tobirama was the Hokage during his time. The term God of Shinobi seems to be a title that's passed down through the generations. The Rikkudo was the first, Hashi the 2nd, and Saru the 3rd (Which I think is a nice touch on Kishi's part if he actually planned that.) Just because there was a "God" before Hashi doesn't diminish him in any way, and the same goes for Saru. If anything, it hypes them even more as they're wielding a title that was first given to a man who was basically a God in human form. To be compared to him says a lot about both at their prime.

• Nagaraja likes this

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#15 ANewLight

ANewLight

Hokage

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts

User's Awards

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

Actually Hashirama has had the title "God of Shinobi" since part one and is one of three to have the title GoS The So6p and Hiruzen are the others.  I think it's a title that is given to the greatest ninja of every generation.

#16 Best_In_The_World

Best_In_The_World

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

Yes it was a big blow to Hiruzen ... I was waiting for Kishimoto to fix his power level and show his true power , but it looks like he will do the exact opposite . He is supposed to be strongest Hokage , but he is underestimated because his fight was writen before 10 years and Kishimoto didn't expect the Shippuuden power levels . I still hope he shows us a good fight , but I really doubt it because if the Hokages actually fight they will be
Minato - Obito
Hashirama & Tobirama - Madara

I don't really see where will Hiruzen fit in the whole thing .

#17 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGarden State

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

Actually Hashirama has had the title "God of Shinobi" since part one and is one of three to have the title GoS The So6p and Hiruzen are the others.  I think it's a title that is given to the greatest ninja of every generation.

Interesting hypothesis. Wonder who is the "God of Shinobi" among the current generation. If Minato had lived, there's very little doubt he'd hold that title right now. 

Yes it was a big blow to Hiruzen ... I was waiting for Kishimoto to fix his power level and show his true power , but it looks like he will do the exact opposite . He is supposed to be strongest Hokage , but he is underestimated because his fight was writen before 10 years and Kishimoto didn't expect the Shippuuden power levels . I still hope he shows us a good fight , but I really doubt it because if the Hokages actually fight they will be
Minato - Obito
Hashirama & Tobirama - Madara

I don't really see where will Hiruzen fit in the whole thing .

Perhaps Orochimaru, in a final student-teacher showdown? Ridiculously repetitive, yeah. But just an idea.

L o y a l t y              |             B l o o d l i n e

ZmZNGgT.gif

#18 Best_In_The_World

Best_In_The_World

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

Interesting hypothesis. Wonder who is the "God of Shinobi" among the current generation. If Minato had lived, there's very little doubt he'd hold that title right now. 

Perhaps Orochimaru, in a final student-teacher showdown? Ridiculously repetitive, yeah. But just an idea.

Well I think everything would be fine in the current situation . Like I said in part 1 we got from Kabuto " The strongest current Kage " which means he was stronger than Oonoki ... you know the guy who destroys 20+ Susanoo's in a single blast . We also got the fact that he defeated both Hashirama and Tobirama ( althought they seamed very weak , but I think its writting mistake ) . In his prime he was also much stronger than Danzo ( the guy who forced Sasuke to overuse his Mangekyou in a single fight) . All that and in the end Hiruzen's power level that was shown in part 1 is inferior to every Akatsuki member's power level .. :(

#19 The Witcher

The Witcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

Poor Hiruzen. Kishi's pretty much knocked the wind out of his hype train now. I doubt we'll see any more feats or praise for him as a ninja in this manga; the time for that was years and years ago before the timeskip.

And now he'll be firmly remembered as the weakest, and yet most overhyped, Hokage. :lol:

#20 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,553 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

The only times when we saw the poor guy fight were as an old man, so it's possible he was the strongest in his youth. Being able to hold his own against Orochimaru and even the zombified Hokage is still pretty impressive for someone who was way past his prime. I remember Iruka said during a lecture that he "was" considered the most powerful of the Hokage. Hiruzen jokingly told him to stop referring to him in the past tense, but I'd say it was more accurately explained as such.

• nocturnalis likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users