1236 replies to this topic

#1221 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,019 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:43 AM

I heard that the twilight Axis anime is only like 3 minute web shorts and then an 8 minute final episode... does anyone know if that's true or If we're getting a real series course of episodes?

It's all true.....FML

So how does this story go?

We fought. It was a glorious fight. The heavens trembled.
Then we went to commercial.
I posed. He shot. I dodged then posed. He raged. I monologued.
....Then. Credits.

Is this story I have to look forward to?

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#1222 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,019 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:44 AM

@Ace1225 - Have you watched Gundam Wing yet?

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#1223 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,767 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 11:48 AM

@Ace1225 - Have you watched Gundam Wing yet?

Yep. In the last half  of 2016 I managed to watch/re-watch Turn A Gundam

https://onemangaforu...ndam/?p=1092008

Gundam Wing

https://onemangaforu...ndam/?p=1093668

After War Gundam X

https://onemangaforu...ndam/?p=1095749

G Gundam

https://onemangaforu...ndam/?p=1120903

Gundam Seed

https://onemangaforu...ndam/?p=1124135

And Gundam Seed Destiny

https://onemangaforu...ndam/?p=1125076

I was about 4-7 episodes into 00 before I was distracted by various other things and I haven't managed to get back to it since. My plan remains to finish watching or re-watching all of the Gundam series outside of the UC timeline, minus Age (Since it wasn't that long ago that I watched it) and SD (Which is trash and I never plan to watch again). So, i've got 00 and A Wakening of the Trailblazer, Build Fighters, Build Fighters Try, Reconguista in G, and Iron Blooded Orphans. Then it's straight into the UC.

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#1224 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,019 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 11:53 AM

Then it's straight into the UC.

May Zechs, the Red Comet, and Char bless you. That's gonna be a long, long watch. If you are truly talking about the UC and not just MSG the Original (Show).
  • Ace1225 likes this

Spoiler

#1225 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,922 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 12 June 2017 - 12:27 PM

May Zechs, the Red Comet, and Char bless you. That's gonna be a long, long watch. If you are truly talking about the UC and not just MSG the Original (Show).

Char is the red comet lol

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#1226 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,019 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 01:20 PM

Char is the red comet lol

I think it was Unicorn, but there was a guy pretending to be Char. He was going by the Red Comet. That's the guy I'm referring to.

Spoiler

#1227 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,767 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 02:37 PM

Yep, i'm talking about every series in the timeline. MSG, Zeta, ZZ, Victory,  etc. It'll be one hell of a ride for sure.

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#1228 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,019 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 02:49 PM

Yep, i'm talking about every series in the timeline. MSG, Zeta, ZZ, Victory,  etc. It'll be one hell of a ride for sure.

Don't forget the OVAs: War in the Pocket, Stardust Memory, 08th MS Team, etc.

I wonder what that viewing session (or prison) looks like if you watch it chronologically (in-universe, not release date)

Edited by DarkNemesis, 12 June 2017 - 02:50 PM.

• Ace1225 likes this

Spoiler

#1229 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,767 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 06:15 AM

Don't forget the OVAs: War in the Pocket, Stardust Memory, 08th MS Team, etc.

I wonder what that viewing session (or prison) looks like if you watch it chronologically (in-universe, not release date)

Yep, everything in the UC timeline is on the list, including War in the Pocket, which i've actually never seen.

I'm planning to watch it chronologically, so i'm interested to see that as well. From what the Gundam Wiki has, it'll play out in this order:

MSG: The Origin->MS IGLOO->MSG->08th MS Team->War in the Pocket->Thunderbolt->0083 Stardust Memory->Zeta->ZZ->Char's Counterattack->Unicorn->Twilight->F91->Victory

I'm a little excited to be honest, because the last UC work I watched was Unicorn, which I enjoyed quite a bit, but i don't have fond memories of every series in the timeline  :lolxg:

#1230 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,019 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 06:58 AM

reconguista in g is uc, iirc.

Spoiler

#1231 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,767 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:55 AM

reconguista in g is uc, iirc.

I looked it up and you're technically correct. I see why the Gundam Wiki didn't have it listed though. From what i'm seeing, it takes place "more than a millenium" after the UC. So it falls into the timeline, but not the parameters of the years that make up a century  :lolxg: So it's basically the future of the UC long after everyone from all of the UC series are dead. I was unaware of this, so thanks for the heads up on that. Guess i'll go ahead and throw that in at the end of my UC watching instead of viewing it with the other non-UC series like I was planning to.

MSG: The Origin->MS IGLOO->MSG->08th MS Team->War in the Pocket->Thunderbolt->0083 Stardust Memory->Zeta->ZZ->Char's Counterattack->Unicorn->Twilight->F91->Victory->Reconguista In G

That just leaves me with 00, A Wakening of the Trailblazer, Build Fighters, Build Fighters Try, and Iron Blooded Orphans to finish beforehand. 

#1232 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts
  • LocationVarsity. Man do I like that term.

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:44 AM

00, A Wakening of the Trailblazer, Build Fighters

Seeing those in a list in succession made me recall the hilarious legal situation this was in, Unless that was just a rumour.

JaAjRjC.png?1

Spoiler muh outdated stuffs

#1233 Kirito

Kirito

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 04:50 PM

Watched the first episode of Gundam:Twilight Axis... it should have been at least a full length series or at least a full course OVA instead of a mini web series of shorts. Incredibly Disappointing but I'm hoping that the more people that watch it on gundamInfo that we'll actually get a true series since I love the Universal Century series.

#1234 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,767 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 08:21 AM

Seeing those in a list in succession made me recall the hilarious legal situation this was in, Unless that was just a rumour.

Well I have no knowledge of said situation. So please expand by all means. I'm always down for a good story  :lolxg:

Got my cousin into Gundam a few years back and he just finished up AGE yesterday. I watched the last few episodes with him, along with the OVA. It really is a shame that this series didn't turn out better or at least end better. I still think that Flit's initial portion of the series is decent, with Asemu's being the high point. Had Kio been a more compelling character, with a more compelling cast of characters around him AGE might not have been so bad. But they basically tried to condense 3 series into 1 here and the final product shows that that type of thing can't work. At least not for Gundam. The reason the Universal Century is so great is because you've got all these conflicts stemming from one conflict or the same battle continuing from one series into the next. No one would hold Mobile Suit, Z, or ZZ in the same regard if the conflicts of all 3 were cut and crammed into just Mobile Suit, because that would have had an impact on the story itself. And it doesn't allow you to develop side characters to the same extent.

#1235 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,523 posts
  • LocationIn the House of Hades

Posted 01 July 2017 - 10:51 PM

Yep. In the last half  of 2016 I managed to watch/re-watch Turn A Gundam

https://onemangaforu...ndam/?p=1092008

Gundam Wing

https://onemangaforu...ndam/?p=1093668

After War Gundam X

https://onemangaforu...ndam/?p=1095749

G Gundam

https://onemangaforu...ndam/?p=1120903

Gundam Seed

https://onemangaforu...ndam/?p=1124135

And Gundam Seed Destiny

https://onemangaforu...ndam/?p=1125076

I was about 4-7 episodes into 00 before I was distracted by various other things and I haven't managed to get back to it since. My plan remains to finish watching or re-watching all of the Gundam series outside of the UC timeline, minus Age (Since it wasn't that long ago that I watched it) and SD (Which is trash and I never plan to watch again). So, i've got 00 and A Wakening of the Trailblazer, Build Fighters, Build Fighters Try, Reconguista in G, and Iron Blooded Orphans. Then it's straight into the UC.

Watch the Igloo series/films. They are CGI short films that were actually pretty good, to me at least. Really loved the ones centered around the Guntanks at Odessa.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

"Ass Pull": Often the first term people use to show how dissatisfied they are with something before it can be explained.

"Bull shit": often the first term used when a person expresses their dissatisfaction with something and they don't like the explaination.

#1236 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts
  • LocationVarsity. Man do I like that term.

Posted 02 July 2017 - 03:53 AM

Well I have no knowledge of said situation. So please expand by all means. I'm always down for a good story

Well, the apocryphal story goes that the networks that aired 00 still retained a bunch of legal rights, which, due to the bureacracy of the whole thing, meant that they couldn't use any of the suits from season 2 for the original Build Fighters run. So you don't see anything like the Reborns and the 0 Raiser. And no AGE of course.

But wait, wasn't that an Exia Repair variant at the end of the series? Yes. The contract expired two days before episode 25 aired.

• DarkNemesis, Vl731 and Ace1225 like this

JaAjRjC.png?1

Spoiler muh outdated stuffs

#1237 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,767 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 06:41 PM

Watch the Igloo series/films. They are CGI short films that were actually pretty good, to me at least. Really loved the ones centered around the Guntanks at Odessa.

I'll check them out. If they're shorts they shouldn't too hard to knock out of the way. Every now and again it's also good to check stuff like that out to give you different perspectives on things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users