Pitou

I seduced four Mods and all I got was this lousy Custom Title

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Locationa Yellow Submarine

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew superpowers!

H'OKAY, SO: At midnight GMT on Dec 20th, 2012, a very small number of random people around the world suddenly gained miraculous powers. Of course, not all of them are immediately obvious, but they are there. You will be one of these characters. In the mail the next day a call came to each and every one of them. A female voice without inflection says simply "There are others like you. They will come for you. Eliminate the competition if you want to survive". With that they are left to their own devices.

The powers everyone will receive are random. For now I am considering 2 for each person to start. They range from basic super strength to pyrokinesis to the ability to freely mutate oneself. As of typing this I have about 50 powers listed although I would like to have more. I've tried not to allow ones that are considered overpowered. There is no total mind control or reality manipulation, although aspects of each (pheromones for instance) do exist. So far they are basic powers that you would expect characters to have in a comic book rather than a manga, but I am open to change if people would prefer abilities that are more strange/conditional (Law of Ueki types). Give me some feedback, let me know. If you want to suggest a power please feel free to do so, as I said I would like more than 50.

Lastly, this an open "sandbox" RP. Meaning this isn't going to be a mission-based RP. I won't throw an NPC at you and say "here fight this". If you want to engage NPCs, start flipping cars in the middle of a busy street or try to assassinate the president. You'll be sure to get some attention then. Unless you want it, the only time I will be manipulating you is to try to bring you to other players once in a while. This sort of RP thrives on player interaction, whether its combat or shooting the breeze. Players who connect with other players for good or bad will grow fast. There are rewards for defeating other players. There are rewards for befriending other players.

This is an RP of hopes and dreams guys. Ambition here will get you far. Don't hold back.

Become a vigilante. Start a cult. Try to take over the world. Cook a pizza with the power of your mind. Become a celebrity. Do science. Find the kid who beat you up in school and turn him into a newt. Every thing you do is your own choice. If you ever want to try something, just give me a shout and we'll talk.

Other Stuff: I'm considering limiting the non-power advantages of players to 2-3 or something. I don't want a billionaire astronaut ninja parkour martial artist who is also a mathematical savant. You could have a modest fortune, or be a martial arts practitioner, or be a police detective, or be abnormally intelligent. If you guys don't want a strict limitation I will not do it, we can just judge people on a case by case basis if they need toning down. It's up to you. Feedback if you can

So in short

- Weird/Conditional powers or normal powers?

- Limit on non-power advantages or no?

- Anyone know of a decent map of an imaginary city? A site that has some?

- Anything else you would like to see?

• Raiden likes this

#2 Liar

Liar

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

I would like to see you tap dance.

#3 taichi

taichi

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,766 posts
  • LocationThe 7 Men Room

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

I'm extremely interested in this. For starters, I'm voting for the weird powers idea. In fact, they can be weird to the point of being ridiculous. I'll try to post as many powers as I can think of. And I think it is wise to limit non-power advantages.

Other than that... Nothing as of yet.

Flatlord%20Misuzu.gif

#4 Rogue

Rogue

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:30 AM

I'd say go for conditional and non-conditional powers. 

I'd say no to the limit on non-power advantages though that might change depending on what people make. 

Wish I could help you with the map but that's something I've never been able to find myself.

Hmm what do I want...I guess I want what everyone wants.  The chance to take over the world and enforce a obligatory dress code involving miniskirts.

I'll probably send you a list of powers in a bit when I take a break from Ni no Kuni.

• Raiden likes this

Posted Image

#5 Jodgod

Jodgod

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Location(^. ^)> # ^(^. ^) # <(^. ^)^

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

Yay super powers

- Wierd Normal Powers!
- Limited.
- Not really,
- This RP!

DO NOT BLINK............

NAiZK2U.gif

#6 itano123

itano123

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts
  • Locationin the middle of bloodshed, tainted crimson

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

totally going with the most evilest powers i can think of 

kizunasigsupah_zpsdce21450.png
credit goes to Raijuu for combining a fav char with a fav drink 

"all of itano's characters have at least one mental disorder. Even if it's not literally a mental disorder; itano takes it to extremes which practically functions as a mental disorder."

Wise words by wise women.... and a not so wise man

Spoiler

#7 Liar

Liar

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:34 AM

YOU'RE NOT PICKING THE POWERS, ITANO.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I WANT THE POWER TO SUMMON PUPPIES FROM ANYWHERE.

#8 itano123

itano123

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts
  • Locationin the middle of bloodshed, tainted crimson

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I WANT THE POWER TO KILL PUPPIES WHEN I SMILE 

kizunasigsupah_zpsdce21450.png
credit goes to Raijuu for combining a fav char with a fav drink 

"all of itano's characters have at least one mental disorder. Even if it's not literally a mental disorder; itano takes it to extremes which practically functions as a mental disorder."

Wise words by wise women.... and a not so wise man

Spoiler

#9 Rob

Rob

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationWhere the second Kaiju attack took place

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:46 AM

Guess who has two thumbs and is totally in? Since I only have one, I'd say itano or Liar. jk.

Oh, and before I forget.

- Weird/Conditional powers or normal powers? Both

- Limit on non-power advantages or no? I'd prefer the case-to-case basis thing.

- Anyone know of a decent map of an imaginary city? A site that has some? Slice or Morv might be able to help you with that one. I'll see what I can do as well.

- Anything else you would like to see? Are weird cameos reasonable?

Edited by Rob, 13 February 2013 - 11:50 AM.

#10 Riesbife

Riesbife

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

On the note of Ni no Kuni, Rogue, I think Shadar looks like a badass.

Conditional and non-conditional powers (I take this to mean we can only use our powers in certain situations for the former).

Limit on non-power advantages because fuck Gary Stu and Mary Sue.

If you're talking about an eagle eye map, I'd just look one up on google. I can help when I get home.

I like to see more...

...Not sure. I'll say Pitou, for now. owo

#11 Yumi_Hikari

Yumi_Hikari

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

- Weird/Conditional powers or normal powers? Both. Conditional Powers can, and often are, some of the best, but sometimes you really just need a normal super power to make things fun.

- Limit on non-power advantages or no? Absolutely. Can't have some super genius martial arts master billionarre getting into this fight, now can we?

- Anyone know of a decent map of an imaginary city? A site that has some? Google Maps. New York. Las Angeles. Other such cities. Setting this in a real city just makes things even better.

- Anything else you would like to see? One thing: Let the players drive the conflict. You can have a NPC enemy, but a good RP story can only be as good as the stories that people wihtin it try and write.

#12 Pitou

Pitou

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

Just making sure, Weird/Conditional Powers are things like this:

Ability to control paper (make paper strong as steel, freely wield it, make it razer sharp)

Power to turn cola (any brand, no other drink but cola) into a powerful chemical explosive

Vanishing and/or appearing in a cloud of bees

Causing paint (fresh and dry) to do something depending on its color (bursting into flames, freezing, having a magnetic effect)

Eat anything with your powerful jaws and incredible stomach

Basically half the powers in One Piece and almost all of the powers in Law of Ueki apply here. 

They aren't as practical as normal powers (hurr durr I shoot lasers) but they are a little more fun and tend to be stronger or more flexible

I think if I allow both then I'll try to dole them out in equal proportions (you start with 1 of each).

@ Rob - Weird Cameos?

@ Liar - SMBC aww yiss

@ Yumi - Would prefer to avoid real cities as I am Australian and know next to nothing about cities in the US. Would take a lot of research to make sure I don't do something stupid and I would rather use that time for the players

And yeah, character driven is what I am aiming for. 

• taichi and Raiden like this

#13 Vafhudr

Vafhudr

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • LocationAn eternal sand plain under a clear blue sky.

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:12 PM

I'm in. 

75ce44f0-c79e-4af9-8bda-76247dba21cd_zps

[The Birds of Minerva Take Flight at Dusk]

Writing Resources

[Blood History]

#14 Yumi_Hikari

Yumi_Hikari

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

Well, we could always have it take place in Australia. xD

I get what you're saying though. I just prefer things to take place in real cities and the like, as it adds a bit more... realizm to these things, that often times sorely needed.

As for the Weird/Conditional Superpowers... woudl we be allowed ot choose our own, or would we be given them at random? Randomization could potentially help weed out people who choose things that make them invincible (like, say, super durability coupled witht he ability to absorb kinetic energy), but if we/you make a list of accepted and non-accepted powers, and simply allow people to choose on a first come, first serve basis, I think that could work out quite well too.

EDIT: Also: I'm in.

Edited by Yumi_Hikari, 13 February 2013 - 01:53 PM.

#15 SliceAndDice

SliceAndDice

Warlock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationI'm sorry, I can't hear you over the awesome of my shotgun gauntlets!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:35 PM

I like the idea of conditionals myself.

I don't mind a limit.

I think I have a few of those lying around in my photobucket that never got used, I'll take a look and see what I find.

- Anything else you would like to see?

You'll be the first to know.

Edited by SliceAndDice, 13 February 2013 - 02:36 PM.

Yanggif3_zps62f0e097.gif

#16 Pitou

Pitou

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

Well, it seems conditionals are a go. A lot of people seem to like them.

@ Yumi - All random. Both starting powers along with any other powers gained as the RP goes on. It forces creativity in what you do. Obviously someone with Healing and Transmutation cannot fight a bear to death with his bare hands, but the same person could claim themselves the second coming of Jesus. In the States, being Jesus would quickly acquire you a lot of followers.

Also, if its Random, I don't need to explain to every second person that wants to join why I am not giving them Power Negation

#17 SliceAndDice

SliceAndDice

Warlock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationI'm sorry, I can't hear you over the awesome of my shotgun gauntlets!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

Okay, didn't have as many as I thought, but I do have 2 (and I know how to find more if you like)

Spoiler Island City

Spoiler Island City Editted w/ District Outlines

Spoiler Mainland City
Spoiler Mainland City Editted w/ District Outlines

Yanggif3_zps62f0e097.gif

#18 Yumi_Hikari

Yumi_Hikari

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

Awesome. I really like this idea.

Hope it gets started soon!

Edited by Yumi_Hikari, 13 February 2013 - 04:29 PM.

#19 Darkoda

Darkoda

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

I'm definitely in:

Both.

Case-by-case sounds best though I'd lean towards limit.

I can check.

Going to seize control of the fast food industry. :D

#20 Rob

Rob

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationWhere the second Kaiju attack took place

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

Maybe we'll get to other super heroes, real world people or anime characters in the RP.

Edited by Rob, 13 February 2013 - 04:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users