#41 Gazhead

Gazhead

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  • LocationLao G

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:36 AM

really enjoyed this chapter - thanks kishi for the pleasant surprise. great job in showing the ruthlessness of the shinobi back then

• Peleihno, JDG973, BeHaku and 1 other like this

#42 OP Eyes FTW

OP Eyes FTW

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:39 AM

really enjoyed this chapter - thanks kishi for the pleasant surprise. great job in showing the ruthlessness of the shinobi back then

If only Naruto was always like this.

• JDG973 and nocturnalis like this

Over-Powered Eyes For the Win!

#43 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

Interesting chapter. Ninjas were really brutal. Not permitted to give your last name? That's just horrible but its actually a good idea from Kishi to show how bad things were. Is there a real life example of that happening?

My big complaint as usual is Kishi's writing. What the heck? A flashback is one thing(Adult Hashi vs. Madara) but a flashback inside a flashback is pushing it(the two of them meeting as children). What's worse is that the flow is disjointed. If Kishi is doing the major points of the interactions between them during their lives, he should have started with this chapter and built it up to their big battle shown from the last chapter. What the editors let happened is amateurish.

Posted Image

#44 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:52 AM

I actually liked this chapter. Kishimoto should just drop his current dumb fight against the "Ten Tails" and start a new manga named "Hashirama" that follows his growth and the events in that period. If anything at least the chances of him fuking up the part where they are still "kids" are not that high looking at the part 1 of Naruto.

• OP Eyes FTW likes this

xGzqj0x.gif

Official member of the Killer Kick Course Squad

#45 HSHINJI

HSHINJI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:55 AM

I actually liked this chapter. Kishimoto should just drop his current dumb fight against the "Ten Tails" and start a new manga named "Hashirama" that follows his growth and the events in that period. If anything at least the chances of him fuking up the part where they are still "kids" are not that high looking at the part 1 of Naruto.

This is not a diss but Hash and Madara seem way more mature than Naruto and Sasuke, the manga probably could have gone the Seinen route with the former as the main characters and could really have developed into a special Sennin imo.

• Sanji, OP Eyes FTW and acesdls like this

#46 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:59 AM

This is not a diss but Hash and Madara seem way more mature than Naruto and Sasuke, the manga probably could have gone the Seinen route with the former as the main characters and could really have developed into a special Sennin imo.

True it could have been a more mature manga looking at that period. Not necesarely Seinen. I mean look at Deadman Wonderland, an "edgy" Shonen can also go a long way from what Naruto is now.

Edited by Sanji, 27 February 2013 - 01:59 AM.

xGzqj0x.gif

Official member of the Killer Kick Course Squad

#47 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:59 AM

I'm surprised that no one has pointed out the similarities between Hashirama's as-of-now-revealed third brother and Zetsu. They look almost alike! Look at that double hair colour and the hair pattern. He is killed by the Uchiha too.  Who wants to bet that the story is going to reveal that it was Madara who killed him and that was what drove the wedge in their relationship? The next chapter is probably going to have Hashirama getting the 'shocking reveal' that  Madara is an Uchiha.  Also, if this is true, then that means that Madara's zetsu project is his desire to bring back his lover and to  make up for killing his brother. TRUE LUV EVERYBODY! <3

• nocturnalis likes this

#48 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,125 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:03 AM

Just random thinking ..... but oddly it seems as if Hashi doesn't have Mokuton yet, be interesting if Kishi has him bring it out like an Uchiha with Sharingan lol.

Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

#49 just a fan

just a fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Locationnot exactly where i want to be...

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:06 AM

one of the best chapter we've had in a while. Hashirama's father is a jerk... for now.

RkfBshv.gif

#50 Sev

Sev

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:07 AM

I'm surprised that no one has pointed out the similarities between Hashirama's as-of-now-revealed third brother and Zetsu. They look almost alike! Look at that double hair colour and the hair pattern. He is killed by the Uchiha too.  Who wants to bet that the story is going to reveal that it was Madara who killed him and that was what drove the wedge in their relationship? The next chapter is probably going to have Hashirama getting the 'shocking reveal' that  Madara is an Uchiha.  Also, if this is true, then that means that Madara's zetsu project is his desire to bring back his lover and to  make up for killing his brother. TRUE LUV EVERYBODY! <3

I was thinking that as well... but then he died like that and I can't even see Kishi making up a retarded enough backstory for him to be Zetsu lol. Maybe if their personalities were the same too I might be inclined to go with it a bit more... but he was just a crybaby.

After I noticed the similarity to Karin with his ruffled and flat sided hair, I started to just think maybe it was to show he had mixed blood and that maybe his mother was Uzumaki. And maybe Tobirama had the Uzumaki mother too. That would explain why Hashirama is more special, he might be pure Senju? Though that could be completely wrong, and most likely is. XD

#51 OP Eyes FTW

OP Eyes FTW

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:10 AM

Just random thinking ..... but oddly it seems as if Hashi doesn't have Mokuton yet, be interesting if Kishi has him bring it out like an Uchiha with Sharingan lol.

He was not even shown fighting.

Over-Powered Eyes For the Win!

#52 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,125 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:11 AM

He was not even shown fighting.

Yeah I know, just saying that oddly this chapter kinda gave off an feeling to me that he doesn't have it yet.

Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

#53 HSHINJI

HSHINJI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:12 AM

one of the best chapter we've had in a while. Hashirama's father is a jerk... for now.

Well jerks are everywhere even in the so called saintly Senju family contrary to popular belief has nutcases in it. Thus the evil Uchiha and we the Senju are the goodies route which a lot of people seem to have is proven wrong.

#54 Kurolegacy

Kurolegacy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:26 AM

Oh my God, Madara actually had a personality at a time! Guess he traded that for some fancy eyes.

#55 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:28 AM

Yeah, he traded it in for his brother's eyes :(

#56 HSHINJI

HSHINJI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:32 AM

Oh my God, Madara actually had a personality at a time! Guess he traded that for some fancy eyes.

Its kishi portrayal which made him lack depth initially. Madara and Hashi are definitely more interesting than Naruto and Sasuke; they had to grow up very quickly.

#57 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:53 AM

Sounds odd but in some Camelot/King Arthur stories, Arthur's father is portrayed the same way. Matter of fact-

Hashirama = Arthur(United the People)

Madara = Morgan le Fey/Mordred(Wanting the Throne of Camelot)

Tobirama = Merlin(Adviser)

Kohona = Camelot

Edited by Graeystone, 27 February 2013 - 02:54 AM.

Posted Image

#58 Shola

Shola

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:09 AM

I liked this chapter a bunch for some reason.
15.jpg

"In politics, what matters isn't what the Facts are, what matters is what people believe."
~Thomas Sowell~

This world is a joke, make no mistake.

#59 HSHINJI

HSHINJI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:11 AM

Sounds odd but in some Camelot/King Arthur stories, Arthur's father is portrayed the same way. Matter of fact-

Hashirama = Arthur(United the People)

Madara = Morgan le Fey/Mordred(Wanting the Throne of Camelot)

Tobirama = Merlin(Adviser)

Kohona = Camelot

Lol Madara is not Morgana maybe Mordred given him and Arthur supposedly were good friends at some point and Tobirama sure as heck isn't Merlin.

#60 AnimeNikkaJamal

AnimeNikkaJamal

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:56 AM

I like how Kishi's been playing this.

Interesting thing #1:
The Uchiha isn't the genius. The Senju is. Sure, a non-genius Uchiha has been done before, but not against a Senju.
Interesting thing #2:
Tobirama has already talked about "love" and the Uchiha. However, he neglected to mention his own clan, and how devoid of "love" it is based
on his father's portrayal.

Interesting thing #3: Madara hints he's already lost at least one sibling. You'd expect him to be batsh*t insane due to the Uchiha blood. He isn't. What drives him over the edge? We'll find out.

Interesting thing #4: Another parallel with Naruto and Sasuke: Madara has caught up to Hashirama (like Naruto once caught up to Sasuke
post-Jiraiya's training). Of course, once Naruto caught up, things went bad between the two.
Interesting thing #5: Hashirama seems more like the reckless emo in this case. Another parallel to Sasuke. Perhaps that's why he's qualified to talk some sense into the kid, and maybe make a new Hashi in his image. However, Madara's overall maturity draws no parallels from Naruto. He's the most interesting character of the flashback.

Since we've only seen this flashback from the Senju side, there's no telling how Madara and the Uchiha are getting along.
I'd like to see his rise to power within the clan. Always thought it'd make a great standalone manga, even if we know how the story ends.

Edited by AnimeNikkaJamal, 27 February 2013 - 03:58 AM.

HELP: Want to change name to " GravityZero " - my handle from the original OMF.
- Ubel Blatt: My favorite manga. And even better the second read-through.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users