• Please log in to reply
256 replies to this topic

#241 Kirisaki

Kirisaki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

I'm trying to help you L. I really am, but there isn't really a way to do this without killing off yourself as well from too much life being used. You'd pretty much have to be chanting your entire life to keep it like that.

Converting an actual person into a doll wouldn't work because they'd have to give you permission to use their lifeforce. Then even if you got that, the Magic being used would still be ridiculous. They would just die rather quickly.

Again, the problem with this is the sheer power of that. Though I think I found a way to help you out. After going through all the ideas in my head.

The way to start out with it, without dying is this. Use Restoration - Aitan Magic. Make your familiar something small or something similar to this. Then use Creation Magic to magically build a body around it. Bam. Familiar that can be a puppet. Or you have the familiar go in a premade puppet. The familiar controls it so it'd move on it's own.

A way to do it as well would be using both Vruyk and Aitan Magic to make a contract with a spirit and have it possess a puppet. Again, this would take a ton of energy, but you could do it. Your energy reserves would just me lowered a lot from sustaining it. A LOT. Big spells would basically be impossible for you early. That SHOULD resolve the dilemma.

Both have a flaw. First Method's is the creature itself. By killing the familiar or hitting it, the puppet would be lost it's control for awhile. The Second's flaw is remaking the puppet. You'd spend a lot of energy remaking the puppet if it got destroyed or damaged. More specifically you'd spend energy giving energy to your spirit to reattach the pieces of the puppet. To go with this you'd probably need Gladys Magic to buff up the puppet so it doesn't get destroyed a lot. Which would have you depend entirely on the puppet for combat for the most part.

@Trouble: Looks good! :3

#242 ~L~

~L~

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationIkaruga

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:51 PM

Bleugh...

This magic's too restricting.

Guess I'll go with the Black Envoy of Death.

#243 Kirisaki

Kirisaki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

It's only restricting for what you want in the early game. =/ Kind of hard to have something like that right now.

#244 ~L~

~L~

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationIkaruga

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:44 PM

Well the fact that I can't make one with my own engineering, magic or not, is the part I'm not pleased with.

#245 Kirisaki

Kirisaki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:54 PM

Making a doll with engineering alone to move autonomously wouldn't work. You'd need magic mixed with it, but having it move without using magic basically just makes every fight two against one with a free soldier to do your bidding. I can assure you, the magic works in a way to make things most fair. D:

#246 ~L~

~L~

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationIkaruga

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:02 AM

I know that much.

It's just not my thing to make stuff for something to possess...

#247 Kirisaki

Kirisaki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

The OOC for this should be up today. Just finishing up some stuff. :3

#248 Trouble

Trouble

Moe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • LocationSky Nine

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

The OOC for this should be up today. Just finishing up some stuff. :3

Fantastic! What's the ETA on the RP starting?

I want to have my squishy.

Spoiler The Denizens of the RP Corner, written by Trouble, Mischief, or what have you. And a little special piece by and old friend at the end.

#249 Kirisaki

Kirisaki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

I'd say this weekend or the next. It depends on how quickly I get the CSes in and how many we have. (16 people have shown interest and taken the quiz so I'll have a lot of writing/planning to do.)

#250 Trouble

Trouble

Moe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • LocationSky Nine

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

I'd say this weekend or the next. It depends on how quickly I get the CSes in and how many we have. (16 people have shown interest and taken the quiz so I'll have a lot of writing/planning to do.)

Ahh. -Crosses fingers for this weekend.-

How many CSes do we have now?

Spoiler The Denizens of the RP Corner, written by Trouble, Mischief, or what have you. And a little special piece by and old friend at the end.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users