• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationWherever I'm Needed.

User's Awards

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

Tobirama Senju:

The Second Hokage

267331-183008-the-second-hokage.png

Edited by ANewLight, 14 December 2012 - 03:51 PM.

#2 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,125 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

The guy really isn't that important ... should he really have a thread of his own rather than just be put in with the Kages discussion like all the others who have just about as much importance as him?

Anyways this guy is probably one of the most sinister guys around in the Narutoverse, taking into accout he's the creator of Edo Tensei.

Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

#3 ANewLight

ANewLight

Hokage

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

The Origin of "That Jutsu"

"Dear brother,

During my many adventures in inventing jutsu I discovered one that is most interesting. Whenever you use it it makes your 'junk' smaller. I'm sure you're asking why I'd want to make my junk smaller & the answer is I don't. This jutsu specifically makes your junk smaller (Technically it works on whoever is the current Hokage) & if I use shadow clones I can increase the effect.

Your loving brother ~Senju Tobirama"

"Note to self make shadow clones & this jutsu forbidden, then put them in a scroll." ~ Hashirama

Spoiler

#4 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:11 AM

The guy really isn't that important ... should he really have a thread of his own rather than just be put in with the Kages discussion like all the others who have just about as much importance as him?

Anyways this guy is probably one of the most sinister guys around in the Narutoverse, taking into accout he's the creator of Edo Tensei.

As the creator of Edo Tensei he technically is extremely important, as without him the current arc couldn't have happened as it did.

Doesn't really make him "sinister".

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#5 ZSword

ZSword

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

Just like any other jutsu, it can be used for good reasons and some...inevitably...for bad reasons. Take Mokuton for example; look at how it's being used in the last few chapters and how Obito used it and how Madara used it. I'm sure Edo Tensei has its merits as well as faults.

#6 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

he should have been saved and brought back where we can see what he could really do.

438b6dc4-4b96-40ed-91e3-93581b8572b6_zps

“When you play the game of thrones you win or you die. There is no middle ground.” 

Spoiler Cersei Quotes

#7 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,125 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

As the creator of Edo Tensei he technically is extremely important, as without him the current arc couldn't have happened as it did.

Doesn't really make him "sinister".

The technique itself has become important, he himself on the other hand has not an is not important. So he like some others can just be talked about in a Kages thread rather than deserving his own thread, especially considering how there's little to really talk about the guy we know nothing about nor has any importance with what's going on.

Actually it does to be honest, considering how negative people regard it's usage .. even Hiruzen.

Sure any jutsu can be used for whatever reason depending on the user, but playing with the dead seems to be regarded rather negatively by everyone regardless of it's usage or user.

Hell even Madara mentioned it's common regardent within the world of Naruto.

http://www.mangahere...v59/c559/2.html

Edited by Yuber, 20 December 2012 - 04:04 PM.

Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

#8 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

The technique itself has become important, he himself on the other hand has not an is not important. So he like some others can just be talked about in a Kages thread rather than deserving his own thread, especially considering how there's little to really talk about the guy we know nothing about nor has any importance with what's going on.

Actually it does to be honest, considering how negative people regard it's usage .. even Hiruzen.

Sure any jutsu can be used for whatever reason depending on the user, but playing with the dead seems to be regarded rather negatively by everyone regardless of it's usage or user.

Hell even Madara mentioned it's common regardent within the world of Naruto.

http://www.mangahere...v59/c559/2.html

What others are you talking about? Because there are already threads for various other Kages.

Still doesn't really make the man himself sinister, as all the people who look negatively upon the jutsu have never done the same upon the Second Hokage.

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#9 ANewLight

ANewLight

Hokage

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts

User's Awards

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:49 AM

Hashirama may have founded the village but Tobirama built the village up for future generations. He started the ninja academy and established the Konoha police force. He did a lot more then just invent Edo Tensei.

• Perharps69 likes this

#10 Scorpion2k4u

Scorpion2k4u

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • Locationsurrounding you

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:06 AM

well Edo Tensei isn't realy a bad jutsu aside from the fact that you need to kill someone for it. As long as you summon your dead allies that's not too bad.

Plus he propably invented it during those ages of constant war so the line of right and wrong propably wasn't that clear anyways.

My guess is that he himself declared it as forbidden, so he wasn't realy that sinister.

2mg5kyb.jpg

#11 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:37 PM

When one of the biggest power hungry fanatical a-holes(Madara) in the ninja world says Edo Tensei is a bad idea that goes against the very laws of the universe, then its a very bad idea.

• Narubi, Jamp and Phenomiracle like this

Posted Image

#12 Sauron

Sauron

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,144 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

When one of the biggest power hungry fanatical a-holes(Madara) in the ninja world says Edo Tensei is a bad idea that goes against the very laws of the universe, then its a very bad idea.

It's only a bad idea if you can't control all the primadonnas you have up your sleeves. If you were Naruto and you edo tensei'd Hashirama, Tobirama, Minato, Kushina, Sarutobi, Neji, Itachi, Sakumo Hatake, Nagato, Konan, Jiraya and Tsunade... chances are you are going to be unstoppable. They are not only exceptionally powerful and intelligent, but they have so hundreds of extremely useful abilities not to mention they will be loyal to you. They all know one another fairly well so will be able to work together better than the edo tensei we saw in this pathetic war.

• Scorpion2k4u likes this

#13 frogfu79

frogfu79

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:31 AM

Didn't Tobirama create the Konoha Police, ANBU, Academy, Chuunin Exams, and wasn't he the one that cemented the relations between the Uchiha and Senju. This guy created the Konohagakure as we know it.

Not to mention that he was the best Suiton user of his time, and possibly one of the greatest of all time. He created the Edo Tensei, as some of you have mentioned before, but he was also the one the labeled it Kinjutsu. 

Plus we know that this guy honorable and trustworthy as he took on the 20 strongest ninja from Kumo just so his students could get to safety.

He may not be such an important character in the current storyline, but in retrospect, without him we wouldn't have any of the setting that we've come to accept as the world of Naruto.

• Scorpion2k4u, Perharps69 and nocturnalis like this

#14 BeHaku

BeHaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:47 AM

On top of being the best suiton user and the creator of Edo Tensei, Tobirama also wielded some kind of space-time technique as mentioned by Minato.

This guy is pretty interesting if you ask me.

Spoiler

• Phenomiracle likes this

YYSIR3B.png

#15 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGarden State

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:53 AM

Yeah, agreed. Whatever that technique was, it must have been on the FTG's level in order for Minato to even mention comparing it with Obito's kamui,

L o y a l t y              |             B l o o d l i n e

ZmZNGgT.gif

#16 TimeMask

TimeMask

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:30 AM

Tobirama is shown as a good guy so its ironic he created Edo Tensei as its arguably the most evil jutsu in Naruto. He would have had to experiment on living people to create this jutsu.

As you need a living person to sacrifice for Edo Tensei to work along with a dead persons blood. Its a complicated jutsu so it seems unlikely he created the jutsu by accident. 

Maybe he captured enemy ninja and used them as test subjects but this is also a evil thing to do. Maybe he did this since he lived in a time were there was many wars. And maybe he thought he could protect people with the jutsu but he made it forbidden when he saw it was too strong.

Edited by TimeMask, 02 January 2013 - 09:32 AM.

#17 Scorpion2k4u

Scorpion2k4u

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • Locationsurrounding you

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

it has a rather bad potential but that's all. As in many things, it depends how it is used.

some useres speculated that part of his time space jutsu was to create a strong water jutsu where no water was to begin with.

2mg5kyb.jpg

#18 TimeMask

TimeMask

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

it has a rather bad potential but that's all. As in many things, it depends how it is used.

some useres speculated that part of his time space jutsu was to create a strong water jutsu where no water was to begin with.

It is possible to use water jutsu were there's no water like when Kabuto and Kisame used them and they worked better then Tobirama's water jutsu. Power scaling could be a reason why Tobirama's water jutsu don't seem that impressive anymore compared to Kisame.

#19 Jamp

Jamp

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationFear not, for there is no greater Zaraki debater than I!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

It is possible to use water jutsu were there's no water like when Kabuto and Kisame used them and they worked better then Tobirama's water jutsu. Power scaling could be a reason why Tobirama's water jutsu don't seem that impressive anymore compared to Kisame.

Tobirama was at the beginnng of the series, like 9 years before we saw Kisame and his haxness. Power scale(s) tend to jump with that much time in between the series. I'm sure Tobirama would of had some nice hax water techniques had he been design later in the series.

Plus we didn't get that much from him to compare the two. My money on Tobirama though. Kisame summons his water first (if there's none around) then uses his water techniques. But I don't recall him using any water technique without water being present.

Headmaster of The House of Kenpachi

Note: I have a doctorates degree in Kenpachiology. I am thee foremost leading Kenpachiologist.

Oh, and Yachipachi for CC!

Spoiler Fav Bleach & Naruto Char(s)
Spoiler My Exclusive Club aka Ignore List

#20 TimeMask

TimeMask

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

Tobirama was at the beginnng of the series, like 9 years before we saw Kisame and his haxness. Power scale(s) tend to jump with that much time in between the series. I'm sure Tobirama would of had some nice hax water techniques had he been design later in the series.

Plus we didn't get that much from him to compare the two. My money on Tobirama though. Kisame summons his water first (if there's none around) then uses his water techniques. But I don't recall him using any water technique without water being present.

The 1st Hokage doesn't look as strong as he's said to be and he only fought early in part 1 so he may also be affected by power scaling.  

If Tobirama was to be resurrected and fights someone he may seem a lot stronger, if he was kept at the strength when he fought Hiruzen then he would struggle to fight a lot of people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users