• Please log in to reply
407 replies to this topic

#81 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,777 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:15 AM

Ichimaru vs Starrk? They are all Bleach but I think it's interesting. I don't join any manga forum aside from OMF so if it's been discussed somewhere, plz link me.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#82 Damanos

Damanos

Owner of DEW's soul

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,240 posts

User's Awards

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:40 AM

Ichimaru vs Starrk? They are all Bleach but I think it's interesting. I don't join any manga forum aside from OMF so if it's been discussed somewhere, plz link me.

Pretty much everybody here agrees that Gin wins.

Even with the personalities that make Gin a bad fight for Starrk aside, Gin is one of the very few who can fight at long range as well as Starrk.

TwjBrPX.png

#83 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,777 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:31 AM

Even with the personalities that make Gin a bad fight for Starrk

what do you mean? Starrk does not seem like someone who can be easily trolled :xD:  He's very perceptive and cool-headed.

Gin is one of the very few who can fight at long range as well as Starrk.

Starrk has that many cero and wolves :hurr:  tank them is gonna be Hell, but Gin only needs one hit so I guess it's not that hard after all.

Pretty much everybody here agrees that Gin wins.

it's been debated already? Does Bleach ever have OMBR?

#84 ANewLight

ANewLight

Hokage

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationWherever I'm Needed.

User's Awards

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:34 AM

Blind Itachi Uchiha vs Sōsuke Aizen w/ the Hōgyoku

Remember Susanoo works even if the user has no eyes and a blind Itachi can't see Kyōka Suigetsu in the first place so it has no effect on him.

#85 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,540 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:57 AM

Aizen with or without the Hogyoku or Kyoka Suigetsu is much stronger than Itachi.

And as Logias were being discussed before, I don't think they should be included in crossover battles unless they can be defeated in a way that doesn't involve giving their opponents a gimmicky reason to touch them. Their intangibility is part of their fighting style, even against haki users (see Aokiji vs Whitebeard, Smoker vs Vergo) and even haki users fail to damage them sometimes (Jimbei/Marco/Vista vs Akainu).

• Fulmine and Raiden like this

#86 Nmaan

Nmaan

King of the Sports Discussion

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • LocationWhere strength is a poor substitute for courage.

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:33 AM

it's been debated already? Does Bleach ever have OMBR?

Yeah I was running the last one on 2.0 but it didn't get picked up again this time round.

But I think Damanos is referring to OMF Bleach community in general agreeing this since I don't remember it being in the OMBR, but given that it was a while ago I could well be mistaken.

Feed me and I'll be your friend forever, steal my treats and I make you into meats.

I'm big and I'm bad, so try not to make me mad. xD

http://thepunchlinei.../2010-10-18.jpg

QT with yours truly

http://onemangaforum...ime-with-nmaan/

Number 2

#87 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,123 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:08 PM

Yeah I was running the last one on 2.0

Wasn't Frosty running the last Bleach OMBR on 2.0?

Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

#88 Nmaan

Nmaan

King of the Sports Discussion

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • LocationWhere strength is a poor substitute for courage.

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:02 PM

Wasn't Frosty running the last Bleach OMBR on 2.0?

Frosty was running the OMBRs as a whole I think, having said that my of the last couple of years is pretty hazy (very strong pain meds), I was judging Bleach that much I know. I was fairly sure of the other bit too, but now I'm doubting it. :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:

Feed me and I'll be your friend forever, steal my treats and I make you into meats.

I'm big and I'm bad, so try not to make me mad. xD

http://thepunchlinei.../2010-10-18.jpg

QT with yours truly

Number 2

#89 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,655 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:03 PM

I think you were after Frosty got promoted to orange. He used to be head-ref.

But fuck if I remember anything other than trying to balance match ups.

#90 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,123 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:41 PM

Frosty was running the OMBRs as a whole I think, having said that my of the last couple of years is pretty hazy (very strong pain meds), I was judging Bleach that much I know. I was fairly sure of the other bit too, but now I'm doubting it. :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:

Nah that was always Sena, joint running wasn't until 3.0 (this) came around, Frosty at the time was Head Ref and during the B-Tournament he got promoted to Code Orange, and before the judging of the first round could be made, the site went down.

But I do believe you were a judge of the Bleach Tourney, along with Plasma who jumped ship from the Naruto Tourney, and I can't recall whom the other one was ..... but I feel compelled to say Lucky Wolf?  :shrug: 

Edited by Yuber, 18 January 2014 - 06:42 PM.

#91 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,655 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:05 PM

Nah that was always Sena, joint running wasn't until 3.0 (this) came around, Frosty at the time was Head Ref and during the B-Tournament he got promoted to Code Orange, and before the judging of the first round could be made, the site went down.

But I do believe you were a judge of the Bleach Tourney, along with Plasma who jumped ship from the Naruto Tourney, and I can't recall whom the other one was ..... but I feel compelled to say Lucky Wolf?  :shrug: 

First round did go out. Well, at least one of the blocks. Then it was put on infinite hiatus by FrostyMouse after people started complaining.

#92 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,123 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:09 PM

First round did go out. Well, at least one of the blocks. Then it was put on infinite hiatus by FrostyMouse after people started complaining.

Well .. yes one of the blocks did, but things were going to start up again with the posting of judgement regarding one of the other blocks, one of which I took some time in with the Uryu vs. Suck-it Appro Granz guy, whose name I can't really recall fully and don't care enough to look up >_> 

But then things went down, and that was that.

#93 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,777 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:21 PM

Bleach is harder to judge than OP and Naruto IMO cause the fights rarely do much to the environment so sometimes the lack of physicality feats is a pain. Also the reiatsu level is hazy sometimes. I mean how can one even debate Toushiro vs Byakuya? :rly:

#94 ANewLight

ANewLight

Hokage

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:45 AM

I mean how can one even debate Toushiro vs Byakuya?

Daiguren Hyōrinmaru freezes Senbonzakura Kageyoshi, Byakuya's Bankai shatters. Hitsugaya wins.

#95 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,777 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:58 AM

Daiguren Hyōrinmaru freezes Senbonzakura Kageyoshi, Byakuya's Bankai shatters. Hitsugaya wins.

Can Byakuya just focus his petals and destroy the ice? :shrug:

I mean in Bleach they don utilize every art of fighting. No idea of endurance of some characters. Can Bya break out of ice like DD in OP? :hurr: Can Toushiro, without his ice, do some hand-to-hand combat? In Bleach, either they spam their Zan abilities and let them clash without doing much with their bodies or one-shot each other. We have speed feats but endurance and physicality feat are very hard to be of use.

#96 Damanos

Damanos

Owner of DEW's soul

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,240 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:05 AM

We have speed feats but endurance and physicality feat are very hard to be of use.

But the latest arc has taught us that Byakuya is functionally immortal.

• Fulmine, Raiden and JDG973 like this

TwjBrPX.png

#97 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,777 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:21 AM

But the latest arc has taught us that Byakuya is functionally immortal.

w-w-well...

#98 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:26 AM

I mean in Bleach they don utilize every art of fighting. No idea of endurance of some characters. Can Bya break out of ice like DD in OP? :hurr: Can Toushiro, without his ice, do some hand-to-hand combat? In Bleach, either they spam their Zan abilities and let them clash without doing much with their bodies or one-shot each other. We have speed feats but endurance and physicality feat are very hard to be of use.

Senbonzakura cut through the 2nd hardest heirro(Yami) 

Hitsugaya claimed he would need bankai just to freeze Yami and in the current arc we learned his bankai doesn't give him a giant boost.

Senbonzakura > Hyoruimaru

Byakuya also has good good speed feats where as Hitsugaya has failed in the speed department

Strength also goes to Byakuya, he kept up with Ichigo, where as Hitsugaya has been pushed around by pretty much everyone

Durability goes to Byakuya tanking 2 masked GT

so Byakuya >> Icey lad

438b6dc4-4b96-40ed-91e3-93581b8572b6_zps

“When you play the game of thrones you win or you die. There is no middle ground.” 

Spoiler Cersei Quotes

#99 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,777 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:15 AM

Senbonzakura cut through the 2nd hardest heirro(Yami)

wasn't Bya already in bankai? Even if not, it doesn't say much cause sure, he can destroy ice but Icefail can use seemingly limitless ice so it depends, really.

Hitsugaya claimed he would need bankai just to freeze Yami

nope, he claimed it was useless without bankai which means he needs bankai to fight espada-level opponent. Not ''just to freeze''. Anw, freezing is one of the main things his Zan does, what do you expect them to do? Burn? Besides, comparing freezing capability to cutting cabability does not make any sense.

Icefail may freeze Yami like he did to Harribel for all we know. Yami's Hierro can not serve as a bridge element here.

we learned his bankai doesn't give him a giant boost.

relative to other captain-level shinigami's Zan. And I don't see how this is a problem.

Strength also goes to Byakuya, he kept up with Ichigo, where as Hitsugaya has been pushed around by pretty much everyone

he fought Harribel just fine. But your sentence has inherent problem which is how is ''keeping with Ichigo'' proving Bya's strength? (we're talking about physical strength here). If anything it proves Bya's speed which I agree but not physicality.

Concur with the rest. Although it's quite unfair for Icefail since every time he's beaten, he's one-shot by Aizen and being one-shot by Aizen does not really prove one's lack of durability :xD: The thing with Shawlong is because Icefail had the limit while we don't know how Bya would measure against Buzz-B.

#100 ANewLight

ANewLight

Hokage

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:57 PM

I was thinking it would end up as being simple as the fact that a frozen petal would shatter with a single touch. So the ice would destroy the petals. I think it's just a bad match up for Byakuya, it's simply a type disadvantage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users