A Champion of Champions may not be a Hero

#1563 SilentShadow

SilentShadow

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:03 PM

Kisui had the same strategy to hide the fact that Keisha died, but Mouten definitely deserves credit for turning around the morale of an army getting destroyed

• YyAoMmIi likes this

Zh6lU4d.png?1

#1564 Nergal131

Nergal131

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:09 PM

http://sensescans.co...n/49/534/page/1

#1565 SilentShadow

SilentShadow

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:30 PM

Mouten definitely getting General after this war

Edited by SilentShadow, 09 October 2017 - 01:30 PM.

• Kaidou, YyAoMmIi and Tale like this

Zh6lU4d.png?1

#1566 Oben

Oben

Disneyland was an Inside Job

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,546 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:25 PM

If this sort of thing is a requirement for becoming general, Shin should never become one :lol:

• JDG973, Kaidou and Tale like this

#1567 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,396 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:46 PM

^ I was thinking, based on this chapter, that Shin isn't gonna become a general.  :lolxg: Just let him fade into the background and let Kyoukai take over.

#1568 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 03:10 PM

Mouten is definitly general material. Don't worry Shin will still have his momment to shine and be deserving of general status. I just wished he was more then a dumb powerhouse and had some more thinking from him. It was said that he had he has the instincts for it so will see. 

• Tale likes this

#1569 Nergal131

Nergal131

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:53 PM

All three of 'em are general-material and they'll prove it in this war. Mouten singlehandedly saved the left army, Shin is probably gonna end up getting a few noteworthy kills (Kisui/Kinmou/Batei or perhaps even Riboku since Karin seems to be getting set up as the next big baddie) and Ouhon is also gonna kill some names.

#1570 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,010 posts
  • LocationBetween life and death.

Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:06 AM

I don't suggest it, but if you do wanna know what will become of Shin just look up the history on the real conflict. Parts are changed for dramatic purposes, and lack of information, but they stick to it pretty well. 

#1571 Oben

Oben

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,546 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:38 AM

I think all of us have done that already, I was more talking about presentation and Shin's pronounced lack of strategical skills... sure, he has Ten to compensate, but she's shocked about everything almost as much as he is ^^

• JDG973 likes this

#1572 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:37 AM

Other then saving Duke army day 1 of Collation war, Has Shin done anything unexpected that not "Give me a task and and I'll do it". 

(the 7 day siege is kinda give me a task and I'll do it".

The only thing close to that instinct general was killing the spider. 

#1573 Nergal131

Nergal131

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:00 PM

Other then saving Duke army day 1 of Collation war, Has Shin done anything unexpected that not "Give me a task and and I'll do it". 

(the 7 day siege is kinda give me a task and I'll do it".

The only thing close to that instinct general was killing the spider. 

Which was pretty huge considering the spider was closest to getting a seat as a Great Heaven.

#1574 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:26 PM

Which was pretty huge considering the spider was closest to getting a seat as a Great Heaven.

While I would agree, it didn't affect the battle as a whole (or may it did cause the replacement guy was good).

I'm not talking about Shin accomplishments, but rather his merits as an instinctual general, which have been lacking.

Killing the spider wasn't really a fire starter. 

Edited by YyAoMmIi, 10 October 2017 - 12:26 PM.

• JDG973 likes this

#1575 Nergal131

Nergal131

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:15 PM

While I would agree, it didn't affect the battle as a whole (or may it did cause the replacement guy was good).

I'm not talking about Shin accomplishments, but rather his merits as an instinctual general, which have been lacking.

Killing the spider wasn't really a fire starter. 

Sure, he still needs to grow a hell of a lot more if he's gonna wanna catch up to Mouten and Ouhon.

Killing the spider ended the battle though? Kisui took his army to "defend" Rigan, if Keisha was still commander, the war wouldn't have ended there or at least not in the way it did.

Edited by Nergal131, 10 October 2017 - 11:15 PM.

#1576 Oben

Oben

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,546 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:10 AM

Kisui probably would've continued fighting if Kanki didn't pile up corpses in front of him.

But yeah, I agree that taking out Keisha had an effect, I doubt he would've been as responsive to Kanki's tactics as Kisui was. But on the other hand, I doubt Shin thought that far ahead, and "slay the enemy general" isn't exactly a stroke of genius either.

#1577 Asch

Asch

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:03 AM

No it's not genius level but Shin made the right call at the right time, which might actually be more important then making that genius move that we see out of intellectual generals such as Kanki or Mouten. "Slay the enemy general" is the wrong way to put it, its more like "slay the enemy general now when he least expects it & at the perfect opportunity so he can't respond properly" rather then retreat and reform his then decimated unit.

#1578 Nergal131

Nergal131

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:23 AM

Anyone wanna take a guess who the commander of the left army is gonna end up being?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users