• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,615 posts
  • LocationThe New New Frontier

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

Talk about the mighty Laxus here. 

Spoiler Fun Posts

x3z7kg.jpg

"Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty
lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding." — Louis Brandeis, 1928

#2 vansonbee

vansonbee

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:36 PM

I wonder how does Laxus feel about the guild truly? Is he like his grandfather, but with a tsundere attitude?

#3 Don't say

Don't say

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

Yes i also think it is like that. After he had his heartbreak he act like tsundere with love towards guild.

Personally i think he is too strong and no one from his 'generation' or in guild can beat him. well Jellard is only exception.

#4 Peleihno

Peleihno

F*ck Trump

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,615 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

Jellard, that's a new one. 

• MeltyValley likes this

Spoiler Fun Posts

x3z7kg.jpg

"Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty
lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding." — Louis Brandeis, 1928

#5 Don't say

Don't say

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

Jellard, that's a new one. 

To be honest i don't care in my country it should be pronounced Gerard but i saw too many garbled names for him so i can't say what is right or what is not.

#6 SkullPrince

SkullPrince

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:37 AM

Loved how Laxus got all the ladies in latest chapters. I miss the old Laxus before he was nakamified. Ah well such is FT... Still undeniably a badass though.

#7 The Witcher

The Witcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:42 PM

Would have preferred if he just had one particular lady on his arm. Laxus/Mira ship, where are thou?  :unsure:  

• MeltyValley likes this

#8 laxus pwns natsu

laxus pwns natsu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:17 AM

He is the only character I really care for or else i would have drop this manga

Edited by laxus pwns natsu, 08 July 2013 - 12:18 AM.

#9 SkullPrince

SkullPrince

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:24 AM

Only him and GajeelxLevy keep me going. They're awesome together in my opinion.

I was hoping that the relationship between Laxus and his dad would be further explored but oh well. He must have had a tough childhood.

#10 gedyon

gedyon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:14 PM

Would have preferred if he just had one particular lady on his arm. Laxus/Mira ship, where are thou?  :unsure:  

Hell naw. Enough romance. **** broads and get money. That is how it should be.

#11 SkullPrince

SkullPrince

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:52 AM

Laxus x Mira is coming. The sexiest woman in all of FT for the most badass man in all of FT.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Born for each other I tell you!

Edited by SkullPrince, 09 July 2013 - 12:52 AM.

• Peleihno and Acnologia like this

#12 gedyon

gedyon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:03 AM

Only the last picture should happen. Strictly sex no emotions.

#13 Peleihno

Peleihno

F*ck Trump

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,615 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:10 AM

^Friends with benefits then?

Spoiler Fun Posts

x3z7kg.jpg

#14 gedyon

gedyon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:44 AM

That sounds fun.

#15 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,991 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:15 PM

You know, I am a bit disappointed that Laxus really hasn't done anything since defeating Jura. I mean he fought some dragons off-panel for a little while, but I was hoping there would be a bit more of a follow up to him defeating one of the 10 Saints. There is supposed to be some big meeting or gathering with all of them coming up so maybe he could get involved there somehow, but I don't know. I mean we had 6 chapters in two weeks and he only appeared in a few panels which was a bit of a let down as well. Now that he is back with FT I was hoping he would get involved a bit more, but I guess he falls into that Gildarts category of being too strong and having to be sidelined for most of the time because of it. Or Mashima just isn't that interested in the character that much.

There is that theory of that one unnamed founding guild member being his great-grandfather, or relative, which might lead to him learning a bit more about the guild. Don't know, but I do hope that he gets involved in one of the ongoing plots soon. I'm still kind of bitter at how the whole Raven Tail plot was wrapped up so quickly. I thought that was setting up to be more than just basically a throwaway sub-plot in an arc that was very filler-ish in my opinion.

#16 The Witcher

The Witcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:11 AM

You know, I am a bit disappointed that Laxus really hasn't done anything since defeating Jura. I mean he fought some dragons off-panel for a little while, but I was hoping there would be a bit more of a follow up to him defeating one of the 10 Saints. There is supposed to be some big meeting or gathering with all of them coming up so maybe he could get involved there somehow, but I don't know. I mean we had 6 chapters in two weeks and he only appeared in a few panels which was a bit of a let down as well. Now that he is back with FT I was hoping he would get involved a bit more, but I guess he falls into that Gildarts category of being too strong and having to be sidelined for most of the time because of it. Or Mashima just isn't that interested in the character that much.

There is that theory of that one unnamed founding guild member being his great-grandfather, or relative, which might lead to him learning a bit more about the guild. Don't know, but I do hope that he gets involved in one of the ongoing plots soon. I'm still kind of bitter at how the whole Raven Tail plot was wrapped up so quickly. I thought that was setting up to be more than just basically a throwaway sub-plot in an arc that was very filler-ish in my opinion.

For someone who isn't a member of the main cast(Team Natsu) he's had plenty to do. You should be grateful. At least he got a better showing than, say, Jellal, who just talked a lot about Zeref and whatnot and got beaten by chili peppers without ever showing his real power.  :lol:

He actually won one more battle than Gajeel(Who got kicked into a mineshaft by Natsu halfway into the Double Dragons duel). I'd say that's a step up in his importance among the secondary cast.

• azer_moli and Jeral Fernandes like this

#17 Jeral Fernandes

Jeral Fernandes

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts
  • LocationBeyond Infinity

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:54 AM

Or say Mirajane, who got her fight dedicated for the purpose of fanservice, then later most of her fights were completely off screened. Also Cobra (got out, had an off screen then thrown back into prison). In fact Laxus receives some of the best treatments in GMG arc. Sure more is always better, but there should be the limit. Plus more screen time means more chance for Mashima to defile you so it is not necessarily good in some cases.

• azer_moli, The Witcher and Phenomiracle like this

auJZmWF.png

#18 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,991 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

For someone who isn't a member of the main cast(Team Natsu) he's had plenty to do. You should be grateful. At least he got a better showing than, say, Jellal, who just talked a lot about Zeref and whatnot and got beaten by chili peppers without ever showing his real power.  :lol:

He actually won one more battle than Gajeel(Who got kicked into a mineshaft by Natsu halfway into the Double Dragons duel). I'd say that's a step up in his importance among the secondary cast.

I don't really see it that way. I get what you are saying, but I thought his fight with Jura was drawn pretty badly, Jellal's fight with him was way more impressive, and how Mashima decided to wrap up the Raven Tail sub-plot was just so disappointing to me. They were made into a joke when I thought it would have benefited the story a lot more to treat them with a bit more care. The series desperately needs better villains. Both of those developments were important to Laxus' character, especially the Raven Tail one, and it was sad to see such big plot points be treated a bit lazily in my opinion.

I mean it isn't just about the fights. Jellal got some good development though the introduction of characters like Kagura and Millianna and their connection with him and Erza. So I thought they could have just handled it better overall.

• MeltyValley likes this

#19 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,263 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:29 AM

You forget one thing about the Raven Tail's plot : the little demon-like thing on Obra's shoulder. 

It said it would be back, and next time we see it is right next to Zeref, unaffected by his magic. 

So we can believe that Zeref had something to do with that.

And we'll probably see more of RT. Since Luxus didn't know about Lumen Histoire, Ivan had no real reason to beat him. It doesn't excuse completely how much they failed but... there must be more to it. 

#20 gedyon

gedyon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:36 PM

Nah enough Laxus for now. As someone who actually likes his character I say take a break. Not only did he fight all of Raven Tail and Jura, but he also had the most spotlight amongst the dragon slayers not named Natsu. And that is despite Cobra finally coming back after so long. I say keep him the hell away. The less showings he has the less likely he will end up scattering roses and daffodils on a sunny meadow. Because that is where is character is headed right now. Bring on some Jelly time. This poor mother****** can't catch a break or even a damn feat. As long as he doesn't mutter crap like "Natsu is my ray of sunshine" or something like what he said in Oracion Seis, I really would like to see him come and fight.

• Jeral Fernandes, laxus pwns natsu and Fenrix like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users