Photo

[Character] Laxus Dreyar

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

#21 laxus pwns natsu

laxus pwns natsu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:08 PM

Nah enough Laxus for now. As someone who actually likes his character I say take a break. Not only did he fight all of Raven Tail and Jura, but he also had the most spotlight amongst the dragon slayers not named Natsu. And that is despite Cobra finally coming back after so long. I say keep him the hell away. The less showings he has the less likely he will end up scattering roses and daffodils on a sunny meadow. Because that is where is character is headed right now. Bring on some Jelly time. This poor mother****** can't catch a break or even a damn feat. As long as he doesn't mutter crap like "Natsu is my ray of sunshine" or something like what he said in Oracion Seis, I really would like to see him come and fight.

I completely agree with everything u said

i dont want him to quote natsu again i mean that alone almost made me drop the series. 

Edited by laxus pwns natsu, 26 July 2013 - 10:56 PM.

#22 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:50 PM

Nah enough Laxus for now. As someone who actually likes his character I say take a break. Not only did he fight all of Raven Tail and Jura, but he also had the most spotlight amongst the dragon slayers not named Natsu. And that is despite Cobra finally coming back after so long. I say keep him the hell away. The less showings he has the less likely he will end up scattering roses and daffodils on a sunny meadow. Because that is where is character is headed right now. Bring on some Jelly time. This poor mother****** can't catch a break or even a damn feat. As long as he doesn't mutter crap like "Natsu is my ray of sunshine" or something like what he said in Oracion Seis, I really would like to see him come and fight.

Spoiler

But serious, I agree with this 100%

#23 Sexy Rat

Sexy Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:13 PM

When did he say 'Natsu is my ray of sunshine'? I think i missed that one, lol

#24 The Witcher

The Witcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:10 PM

When did he say 'Natsu is my ray of sunshine'? I think i missed that one, lol

He said some sappy stuff about how Natsu was all about hope and whatnot.

It was when he started regaining his memories in the Oracion Seis arc.

#25 Sexy Rat

Sexy Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:03 PM

He said some sappy stuff about how Natsu was all about hope and whatnot.

It was when he started regaining his memories in the Oracion Seis arc.

I've recently rewatched the whole Oracion Seis arc and I'm sure Laxus wasn't in it.

#26 The Witcher

The Witcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:20 PM

I was talking about Jellal.

#27 Jeral Fernandes

Jeral Fernandes

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:14 AM

So people are arguing that Mashima is god modding and mary stuing Laxus currently, thoughts?!

auJZmWF.png

#28 Sage Naruto16

Sage Naruto16

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:24 PM

So people are arguing that Mashima is god modding and mary stuing Laxus currently, thoughts?!

It's not surprising seeing as Hiro's had Laxus stomp RT, defeat the 5th ranked WS, and then stomp one of the members of Tartaros at the beginning of the arc only to be defeated by a conventional last resort. Basically, he made sure not to shame Laxus' character (basically he didn't have Temepesta beat him in a straight up fight) with him being on deaths door due to Tempesta's spell. 

He's been getting a lot of glory recently. 

Edited by Sage Naruto16, 03 November 2013 - 05:27 PM.

#29 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:19 PM

Mashima didn't do Laxus or Tartaros any favors by having the former curbstomp Tempesta. While the notion that a humiliating defeat at the hands of an enemy hyped to be a demigod would be "damaging" to his character is laughably absurd, it would be quite problematic, knowing Mashima's style of storytelling.

Having him match Tempesta blow for blow, before Tempesta decides to retreat and cast the black mist would have been much better of a scenario. 

zeldadanceresize.gif

#30 OrangeMage

OrangeMage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:00 PM

Given previous events, I see Laxus coming back at a key point during the war with Tartaros. Also I don't see his 'victory' against Tempesta to be a black mark towards the power of Tartaros overall. He was sent to kill Yajima, an old member of the former council with no known combat magic. He managed to beat the Raijinshu and only bested by the very fast and very strong Laxus.    

12.jpg

#31 laxus pwns natsu

laxus pwns natsu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:39 PM

i dont see any problem with what hiro did and im not saying this cuz im a laxus fanboy. i mean ya he did beat tempesta fairly easily but laxus wasnt victorious either. If laxus had won then i would have a problem with that.who knows maybe tempesta would come back stronger. 

Edited by laxus pwns natsu, 03 November 2013 - 10:40 PM.

#32 gedyon

gedyon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:12 AM

He's been getting a lot of glory recently. 

Yeah and it seems Mashima is trying his best to keep him out of the arc either because he doesn't want him to get humiliated assuming Tartaros has stronger members or because he doesn't want Laxus to wipe the floor with them.

Anyway this is all just to hype him up as the next guild master. Fairy tail can't have a legit (ie not Macao) guildmaster who isn't otherworldly strong of course.

Edited by gedyon, 05 November 2013 - 03:12 AM.

#33 Jeral Fernandes

Jeral Fernandes

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:05 AM

@Phenom: Technically it is still a face saver as there are several other scenarios that still lead to the same result (aka Laxus' team gets horribly wounded with tons of casualties). For example they can have a fairly equal match and then Tempesta can just decide to use the cheap trick for less efforts and come back to prepare more later.

Meanwhile in Jelly town.

auJZmWF.png

#34 nosebleed

nosebleed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:24 PM

Laxus got sick from eating magic.  This has happened to Natsu as well.  This means he'll come back with a power up and new abilities.  The dragon slayers are supposed to assimilate everything they eat.

#35 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 09:57 PM

I was thinking about something today. Was it ever explained how Laxus got to Tenrou Island so quickly? Like it seemed like it would be pretty impressive to travel all the way to that island from where he was in such a limited amount of time, especially over a large body of water, but I can't remember if he was shown using a similar ability to travel somewhere else really quickly or if that was the one and only time.

#36 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 08:07 AM

I was thinking about something today. Was it ever explained how Laxus got to Tenrou Island so quickly? Like it seemed like it would be pretty impressive to travel all the way to that island from where he was in such a limited amount of time, especially over a large body of water, but I can't remember if he was shown using a similar ability to travel somewhere else really quickly or if that was the one and only time.

I believe he was in a lightening bolt like state and traveling through the clouds, again I don't remember exactly. But it was a sick means of getting around if that's something he can do on a regular basis

#37 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:48 PM

I believe he was in a lightening bolt like state and traveling through the clouds, again I don't remember exactly. But it was a sick means of getting around if that's something he can do on a regular basis

Yeah, if it was him using an ability like that then you think he would use it more. I sort of wonder if we will ever see it again.

#38 Vasgoko

Vasgoko

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 11:35 PM

Laxus used to be one of my favorite characters. Probably his best design was on Tenrou, that was when he was at his coolest.

After the recent chapters, I kinda disliked his fight, but I understand that everybody has mistakes, so this was was ok.

It was a disaster, but not Erza vs. Azuma disaster.

Currently, as a character, I give Laxus a rating of: 7.5 / 10

Edited by Vasgoko, 22 February 2016 - 11:40 PM.

Mira_leaning_in_to_french_kiss_Gray_in_t

---"As the previous generation had been Silver x Mika, the present should be Gray x Mira."---

#39 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:45 PM

http://www.animenews...aunches/.101753

"Kodansha's "Magazine Pocket" app launched the first chapter of the Fairy Tail Gaiden: Raigō Issen manga on Wednesday. The spinoff manga by Kyōta Shibano focuses on the character Laxus Dreyar from Hiro Mashima's Fairy Tail manga."

Most probably are already aware, but I didn't know there was going to be a Laxus spinoff series. There have been so many now I guess it isn't really a surprise. Still, maybe they will answer some of the questions about his past like how he got that scar or who his mother was. Kind of sad they probably will not be covered in the actual main series but at least this spinoff series gives us another chance at seeing it.