Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts
  • LocationIn the House of Hades

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:00 AM

Arata Kangatari

44838l.jpg

Every 30 years, a new princess is chosen from the Hime family to serve the Hayagami. The time has come again, but over these past years, records state not a single female has been born, save for one, the 15-year-old Arata. The only problem is, Arata is actually a male! Forced to disguise himself and take the place of the princess candidate until a formal one can be found, he attends the festival only to witness the current princess, Kokuri-hime, murdered, and his own life is forfeit as well, by the hands of the princess' personal guard, the 12 Shinshou. As he runs for his life, Kannagi of the 12 convinces everyone that Arata is the one who has murdered the princess instead, and now everyone in the Imperial Court is after his head!

(Source: MU)

Kind of undecided on how I liked it. It's been a while since I read the manga so I can't remember if it shot through so much in such a short amount of time like the anime did by rushing and cramming in so much in this first episode.

• DaEvilWithin likes this

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

"Ass Pull": Often the first term people use to show how dissatisfied they are with something before it can be explained.

"Bull shit": often the first term used when a person expresses their dissatisfaction with something and they don't like the explaination.

#2 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,353 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:18 AM

This looks like it might have a Magi type of feeling to it

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#3 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:23 AM

It has a nice fantasy feeling to it, from what I remember reading the manga. Main reason I stopped for a short time was because some of the translation were pretty bad.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

"Ass Pull": Often the first term people use to show how dissatisfied they are with something before it can be explained.

"Bull shit": often the first term used when a person expresses their dissatisfaction with something and they don't like the explaination.

#4 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,353 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:33 AM

Mhm, I'll check this one out then :)

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#5 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:12 PM

Man, the opening song really doesn't seem like it fits the opening sequence we're shown in the 2nd episode. An alright second episode but the pacing is still way too fast to me

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

#6 Frozen_Flare

Frozen_Flare

>//<

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:15 PM

Is this show crappy?

Way too many stuff on my hands right now, can't possibly watch all the Spring animu.

yjEhBS7.png

#7 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

I wouldn't calll it crappy, but it seems to be very fast paced in how it moves through the story. The first two episodes are out, so I'd say give them a try and decide from there.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

#8 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:21 PM

http://www.animeseas...tari-episode-3/

This episode felt a lot better then the others did, didn't really seem as rushed and get introduced to two new characters. I kind of forgot how annoying Hinohara is early on in the series and now I'm getting a crash course in it again.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

#9 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

I've hesitated to watch it. I still read the manga, which I still like, but it's not as good as it used to... 

Is it really worth seeing it animated?

#10 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

The first 2 episodes are really rushed. It looks great animated and not a whole lot has happened just yet to tell you how the rest of it. Ep 3 just had them going to the prison and started the events there.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

#11 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:23 AM

I'll wait a little bit more before watching it, then. Thanks for your reply :)

#12 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:25 AM

It's only 12 episodes, or so MAL says, so shouldn't be too long

• azer_moli likes this

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users