Photo

[Character] Shiba "Kurosaki" Isshin (Part 3)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
173 replies to this topic

#61 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,553 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:00 AM

Still wondering if he's preparing for war, or if he intends to sit this one out.

#62 Mister Cold

Mister Cold

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:33 AM

Iirc Ganjuu also mentioned how he didn't understand why Kaien wanted to be a Shinigami after what they did.

I assumed from this that the Shiva clan fell before Kaien became a shinigami.

#63 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

Spider Queen

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,936 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:14 PM

Still wondering if he's preparing for war, or if he intends to sit this one out.

If it could cost him the life of his son, I doubt he's going to sit it out. o.o

2mGKRJi.png

#64 tomboy8888

tomboy8888

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:18 PM

If it could cost him the life of his son, I doubt he's going to sit it out. o.o

Hmph, considering who the bad guys are, there is a possibility of his daughters being targeted. I can't see him just sitting this out, but he may stay put to protect the girls...

#65 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

Spider Queen

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,936 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:20 PM

Hmph, considering who the bad guys are, there is a possibility of his daughters being targeted. I can't see him just sitting this out, but he may stay put to protect the girls...

Or he may jump in because they do end up kidnapped or something. 3:

2mGKRJi.png

#66 tomboy8888

tomboy8888

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:28 PM

Well... I'm not sure just how well known it is in the Spiritual realm that the Great Hero of Soul Society, Substitute Soul Reaper Kurosaki Ichigo, has younger siblings. I mean, Rukia knows, but who else was paying attention? At the moment, anonymity is their greatest protection. God help Yawach if he does kidnap the girls, however. It'll make the Hell movie look like child's play, with both Ichigo and Isshin looking for blood.

#67 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,553 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:31 PM

Well... I'm not sure just how well known it is in the Spiritual realm that the Great Hero of Soul Society, Substitute Soul Reaper Kurosaki Ichigo, has younger siblings. I mean, Rukia knows, but who else was paying attention? At the moment, anonymity is their greatest protection. God help Yawach if he does kidnap the girls, however. It'll make the Hell movie look like child's play, with both Ichigo and Isshin looking for blood.

Against the man who made Yamamoto kneel, I doubt either of them can do anything as they are right now. 

#68 tomboy8888

tomboy8888

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:40 PM

Yamamoto was both past his prime, and missing a part of his self (one of his arms, that he refused to have healed). Ichigo is just coming into his full power. Give Ichi a little time to adjust and commune with his new dual zan, which he is currently getting, and Yawach better watch out. I know who I will be betting on.

(Heh, maybe he'll just pull out a Quincy arrow and annihilate the SOB to never-more :whooo: Would make my day, if that were to happen) 

#69 Kinsei

Kinsei

N00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:51 PM

Is it pretty much confirmed that he is the uncle that Kukaku was talking about?

Yayyyyy!!!!! :psyduck:

#70 tomboy8888

tomboy8888

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:11 PM

It has been confirmed that he is Shiba Isshin - born from a branch of the Shiba family, adopted into the main branch, and made head.. Nothing on if he is the actual uncle mentioned, iirc, but Kukaku and Ganju would certainly know him.

#71 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,208 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:05 PM

I think the noble clan mystery will be revealed when Ichigo meet the Soul King. Or just before that when one of the RG briefs him before he actually meets the SK

0680-007%20-%20Copy_zpsyjmuhkna.png

#72 Milareppa

Milareppa

Live Long and Prosper

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,094 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:18 PM

There's no way Isshin's sitting this one out. I suspect he and Ryuuken are being saved for something very specific.

#73 Kinsei

Kinsei

N00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:28 PM

I feel like Isshin and Papa Quincy are going to fight Bach and lose, after which their sons take over.

Yayyyyy!!!!! :psyduck:

#74 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,553 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:56 PM

I feel like Isshin and Papa Quincy are going to fight Bach and lose, after which their sons take over.

We're not even factoring Aizen into this mess!

#75 Milareppa

Milareppa

Live Long and Prosper

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,094 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:04 PM

I have a feeling it's more convoluted than that. It feels like Isshin and Ryuuken have, from the beginning, been setting up their sons to achieve something they can't. Otherwise, why wait until Yhwach's fully regained his power... unless it required their sons to be old enough to handle this, which means waiting and planning for the long-term. Masaki's already pointed out that Ryuuken has a gift for being able to overlook personal desire to focus completely on the needs of others or on the big picture. Urahara is also noted to be gifted at doing this, and while it hasn't been ascribed to Isshin, the fact he's clearly working with Urahara and Ryuuken indicates that he is also very capable of this.

So, Isshin and Ryuuken are likely to have a very specific role that will kick in at a very specific time. To lose to Yhwach though? Only if it's going to help Ichigo and Uryuu win in the long run (like Isshin sacrificing himself against Aizen to help Urahara get that kidou inside Aizen without Aizen noticing, which also ensured he was on hand to get Ichigo the Final Getsuga Tenshou training he needed). They cannot achieve final victory, of course. They're only the fathers of main characters, not main characters themselves. Their role is therefore likely to be to ensure their sons can achieve whatever plan it is that they (and Urahara) have spent years working towards.

Edited by Milareppa, 02 August 2013 - 07:07 PM.

#76 Kensei13

Kensei13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:15 AM

I

That is expected, though we don't know if either one of them are listed as special war threats. Yhwach has his eyes on the  5 people he listed as special and Uryu, alluding that they are the only ones who can beat him, yet despite this he seems very confident that he will become victorious in 9 days. It's rather suspicious, and Aizen rejecting his offer didn't faze him either.  He either has some trump card or he's immortal. Given that he is known as the sealed king in legends, it alludes that killing him is next to impossible. .

My websites http://otakutalkblog.com/

#77 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,553 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:44 AM

Killing Aizen is supposedly impossible, but that doesn't mean the threat can't be neutralized. 

#78 KittyGoesMeowMeow

KittyGoesMeowMeow

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:19 PM

They will lose, of course. They can't survive against Bach. Urahara won't make it either if he goes against Bach....

Bach is Ichigo's when he's ready. 

#79 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,553 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

They will lose, of course. They can't survive against Bach. Urahara won't make it either if he goes against Bach....

Bach is Ichigo's when he's ready. 

Sounds too much like Aizen. 

#80 KittyGoesMeowMeow

KittyGoesMeowMeow

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:53 PM

Sounds too much like Aizen. 

well..Bach is kind of like Aizen...only he's more psychotic.

Besides, you know it'll probably be true; everyone will take a swing at Bach...some might succeed in cracking him but Bach will whoop them in the end.