Photo

[Character] Shiba "Kurosaki" Isshin (Part 3)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
173 replies to this topic

#81 Kensei13

Kensei13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:44 AM

well..Bach is kind of like Aizen...only he's more psychotic.

Besides, you know it'll probably be true; everyone will take a swing at Bach...some might succeed in cracking him but Bach will whoop them in the end.

Technically, it was Urahara who did the final blow with Aizen. He's the one who sealed him.

With this arc, Kubo has opened the door for more characters to have a crack at the main villain and potentially succeed, given there are 4 other characters besides Ichigo Yhwach has listed as notable threats. The stakes are much higher than it was with Aizen.

My websites http://otakutalkblog.com/

#82 KittyGoesMeowMeow

KittyGoesMeowMeow

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:03 PM

I actually forgot about the Secret Weapons thing....and you're right. It was Urahara who actually did the deed.

But still, if this was any other manga...like Fairy Tail, One Piece or even Naruto, I'd agree that probably some people will succeed in taking out Bach.

Since this is Bleach? Everyone will be doing really well but Kubo will make them stupid at the last minute so they can get limbs torn off. 

#83 Blackody

Blackody

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:27 AM

But still, if this was any other manga...like Fairy Tail, One Piece or even Naruto, I'd agree that probably some people will succeed in taking out Bach.

Since this is Bleach? Everyone will be doing really well but Kubo will make them stupid at the last minute so they can get limbs torn off. 

Wait what? This happens in most shounen mangas, especially those you listed above.
In Fairy Tail,  Natsu defeats randomly the main villain(who are also way more powerful than him) in every single arc except the Galuna Island and the Phantom Lord arcs.
In One Piece it's also the same. Every single main villain in each arc is defeated by Luffy. In Marineford he never fought with the main villain but i bet he'll be the one to defeat Akainu and Blackbeard.
In Naruto..Really? In part 1 this may be the case -at the start- but he was the one who defeated Gaarra, fought Orochimaru,  defeated Pain, has a rivalry with Sasuke and is going to defeat Tobi.
So no, Kubo isn't the only one who makes his main character defeat the big bad of each arc.
He also made it clear that he would be the one to defeat Aizen when he defeated Grimmjow. He also was the only on who hadn't see Kyoka Suigetsu's release and was captain level.

Edited by Blackody, 08 August 2013 - 04:39 AM.

Spoiler Poor Hiruzen

#84 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,553 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:13 AM

Technically, it was Urahara who did the final blow with Aizen. He's the one who sealed him.

With this arc, Kubo has opened the door for more characters to have a crack at the main villain and potentially succeed, given there are 4 other characters besides Ichigo Yhwach has listed as notable threats. The stakes are much higher than it was with Aizen.

Aizen is the villain who wishes to rule... The Quincy seem to want to destroy existence, which puts them as something beyond evil. However "evil' Aizen may have been, even he would not wish upon the world what the VR desire. 

Edited by AndrewR5D4, 13 August 2013 - 03:14 AM.

#85 Milareppa

Milareppa

Live Long and Prosper

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,094 posts

User's Awards

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:31 PM

Do the quincies want that? To me, Haschwalth's comment about Uryuu learning the truth about Yhwach's intentions is a red flag warning me away from assuming the Stern Ritter know Yhwach's true intentions, especially since they didn't know anything about Uryuu, they don't know why Yhwach's made him his successor and they don't understand why Haschwalth isn't challenging it.

So, what are the quincies fighting for? We don't actually know. What about Yhwach then. What's he fighting for? Well, we don't really know that either. However, considering that he's been talking about reclaiming the world, he doesn't seem interested in destroying existence so much as radically altering the existence everyone is currently familiar with.

Destroying the existence someone knows and destroying existence itself might be the same thing to the affected individual, but it's not the same thing on a metaphysical level.

The issue we have is, of course, that existence itself is threatened and there's an indication that the quincies have historically struggled to comprehend this very big picture - the reason Urahara offered is that it's because they have a very human point of view, so they only see a narrow point of view. Aizen babbled on about this idea of humans only being able to see the reality they can comprehend as well, so there's a connection here between Urahara and Aizen's philosophies... and we don't know how right or accurate either of them are.

As readers, we know there are tears beginning to appear in Karakura Town and that Mayuri had to rebalance the soul counts on the two sides. What we don't know is how well known this is among the quincies themselves. Do they know what their activities have been doing? The extent of this damage wasn't exactly common knowledge among the shinigami either, even the captains didn't seem to know how urgently Mayuri was acting or what lengths he was going to - even the captain-commander himself didn't know until Kira began to get suspicious, raised his concerns and led to Yamamoto questioning Mayuri.

So, if this isn't necessarily common knowledge among the shinigami who make it their business to be aware of this subject, is it common knowledge among the quincies who may have their eye fixed on a different ball entirely? For Yhwach to be unaware is, in my personal opinion, unlikely and it's probably something he's counting on. At least, it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case. However, the quincies as a whole? They don't really seem to be within Yhwach's loop. If anything, Yhwach seems to be using the quincies as fodder or stepping stones to achieve something he's not admitting to them he's after.

I therefore question how we should be viewing the quincies as a group even if we should be regarding certain individuals as evil. I know how Shutara worded things, but the Royal Guard seems to have its own agenda and, as usual, Ichigo appears to be the pawn no-one wants to give too much information to.

#86 EngetsuKyoraku

EngetsuKyoraku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:38 PM

So i just got this weird theory that the next time we see isshin is gonna be at the shiba house. Since Kuukaku has the ONLY way to get to the RR then i think, that's why shunsui really went to KT, to talk to isshin and ask for his help to guard that gate, think we may see ginjou and company in action too ... besides what else is there for isshin to do ?  :huh:

#87 KittyGoesMeowMeow

KittyGoesMeowMeow

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:41 AM

He'll appear, but I think he and the other really powerhouse characters won't appear until whenever Bach almost succeeds.

For now, I think we're just going to probably get VR vs Shinigami Round Two. Only with more potential deaths.

(and I stress...POTENTIAL)

Edited by KittyGoesMeowMeow, 11 September 2013 - 10:42 AM.

#88 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,553 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:24 PM

Wonder what he's up to... 

#89 Sykosis

Sykosis

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:21 PM

We know Isshin was 10th Squad Captain 20 years ago, but how long was he Captain for? Would his reign as Captain overlap with Kaien's time as 13th Squad VC? Would Kaien know Isshin's abilities (or vice-versa)?

Just asking because I'm trying to imagine if Ichigo encountered Aaroniero if the Noveno would have recognised Getsuga Tensho and possibly be able to make a connection to Isshin.

I'm a bit sceptical about Isshin's feat of sending Aizen flying with the finger flick, considering there have been a number of cases of characters being able to push back or send flying opponents that were significantly superior to them.

Examples include:
*Love smacking Starrk with his Shikai,
*Poww punching Komamura across town,
*Chad backhanding Gantenbaine into wall before his power up (or was that anime-only?),
*Ggio 'overwhelming' Soifon,
*Rudobone pushing Ichigo back
Spoiler

#90 PlasmaWolf

PlasmaWolf

超人 / 全能者 / 神様

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:41 PM

We know Isshin was 10th Squad Captain 20 years ago, but how long was he Captain for? Would his reign as Captain overlap with Kaien's time as 13th Squad VC? Would Kaien know Isshin's abilities (or vice-versa)?

Just asking because I'm trying to imagine if Ichigo encountered Aaroniero if the Noveno would have recognised Getsuga Tensho and possibly be able to make a connection to Isshin.

I remember the databooks stating that a selection was underway during TBTP to fill the 10th Division's vacant captaincy, so the likelihood was that he or she must have chosen after TBTP, especially given the urgency of the Gotei 13 missing seven Captains at the time (the four Visored, Urahara, Yoruichi, and the aforementioned Captain-less 10th Division). If you count Tessai (whose division is separate from the Gotei 13), then Soul Society was down eight Captains.

I don't think the manga has confirmed whether Isshin became a Captain before or after the Metastacia incident, because all we know of the event was that it happened sometime after Rukia joined the 13th Division, which we know was 40-49 years prior to the main timeline.

I'm a bit sceptical about Isshin's feat of sending Aizen flying with the finger flick, considering there have been a number of cases of characters being able to push back or send flying opponents that were significantly superior to them.

Examples include:
*Chad backhanding Gantenbaine into wall before his power up (or was that anime-only?),

Don't tell that to Aizen's haters!

I think that was anime-only, but Sado did blast Gantenbainne through a wall (before La Muerte). Dat Sado.

6OINMKs.png

"Akogare wa rikai kara mottomo tooi kanjou da yo." — Aizen Sousuke

[Credit to the original Sage!]

#91 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:42 PM

Examples include:

Never happened.

#92 alekos23

alekos23

Back?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,955 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:42 PM

wasnt that "filler" Ashido guy the inbetween 10th division captain?

Edited by alekos23, 03 December 2013 - 06:44 PM.

#93 Sykosis

Sykosis

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:21 AM

By Ggio 'overwhelming' Soifon (emphasis on the single-quotes), I was referring to when she was holding back and getting knocked around BEFORE she stopped screwing around and blitz-killed him.
Spoiler

#94 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,553 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:03 PM

wasnt that "filler" Ashido guy the inbetween 10th division captain?

It was apparently implied in a databook, but nothing was ever really said about it. 

#95 Milareppa

Milareppa

Live Long and Prosper

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,094 posts

User's Awards

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:23 PM

It wasn't implied.  It's just how many fans interpreted it.  To be honest I don't know how as it implies Isshin was the former tenth not Ashido.

#96 BankaiFTW

BankaiFTW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:03 PM

http://www.mangapand...m/bleach/529/15

http://www.mangapand...m/bleach/529/16

Why did Isshin immediately run off after hearing the report from Toshiro? 

"Nobody kills kakarot while I'm around, destiny has reserved that pleasure for me" - Vegeta

#97 alekos23

alekos23

Back?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,955 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:12 PM

i think cause that town was his division's responsibility.

#98 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,553 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:45 PM

It wasn't implied.  It's just how many fans interpreted it.  To be honest I don't know how as it implies Isshin was the former tenth not Ashido.

I don't think Shinji recognized Isshin's reiatsu, so it would reason that he was not tenth Division captain a century ago. 

#99 Royal_King

Royal_King

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:49 PM

I don't think Shinji recognized Isshin's reiatsu, so it would reason that he was not tenth Division captain a century ago. 

I can't remember correctly but I believe in turn back the pendulum the 10th division captains sport was vacant at the time.

HXZmyoy.jpg

A Champion of Champions may not be a Hero

#100 tomboy8888

tomboy8888

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:24 PM

Yeah, during the meeting, the 10th Kenpachi was too lazy to attend, and the !0th Div. Capt. was dead... not sure if they went directly to Isshin, but I feel that is the likely chain...