Photo

[Character] Shiba "Kurosaki" Isshin (Part 3)

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#141 Haas

Haas

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 08:21 AM

Something that caught my eye.

the-first-devisions-e1349866221414.png

The person on the right hand side of Yamamoto really looks like Isshin. I'm not sure if we have ever seen him pose with his zanpakuto on his shoulder like that, however Ichigo has been doing it alot.

Any thoughts?

#142 aoshi

aoshi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Locationin my home ...

Posted 07 September 2014 - 12:29 PM

Something that caught my eye.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Oe1EChpgnx8/UK...

The person on the right hand side of Yamamoto really looks like Isshin. I'm not sure if we have ever seen him pose with his zanpakuto on his shoulder like that, however Ichigo has been doing it alot.

Any thoughts?

First of all i would like to say that I think we will get to see the original gotei 13 in a flashback.

Secondly, i would like to point out that there what i will write are by odserving a better version of this scan.

we know 2 out of 6 people in this panel.

The ones we know are obviously yamamoto and unohana (next to him to the left from our point of view)

I will name the remaining 4 as unknown captain 1,2,3,4 from the left (our left) to the right.

unknown captain 1: in the other scanlation it is obvious that this captain doesn't have black hair or the is a fairly big "reflection of light" effect. His body type reminds me more of gin, kensei or isshin with different hair. He could be the original member of the shiba clan.

unknown captain 2: the second one is a strongly build, tall man. the interesting thing are his antenna (which remind me of lu bu's antenna). it indicates that kubo wants us to be able to identify him the moment we see him either in flashback or in real time. ichibei could be a candidate for this place though i think that we don't know this guy yet.

unknown captain 3: very tall, very slim. the first thing that comes in mind is tenjiro. given that he taugh unohana it is possible. in the other scan it also feels like he tilts his head forward and all this balck is his hair (which is a possition tenjirou takes very ofter). counter arguement is that his blade which isn't a paddle. another one that comes in my mind is BG9 for some reason. I dount that this is isshin for many reasons (age, hight, stance). if it had to be a noble family member i would guess kuchiki.

unknown captain 4: the last one looks tall, strongly build, bold and like wearing sunglasses. the first that comes in mind her is ichibei although the sunglasses force me to mention another name which is bach. there is also ginrei kuchiki, althought kyoraku once said that he wasn't in the original gotei 30. then again he forgot unohana so who knows. The sunglasses also seem pretty iba like.

#143 Haas

Haas

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 02:22 PM

Now that I look at it closely I agree that Unknown Captain 3 is more likely to be Tenjiro. The thing that probably mislead me was the way he held his katana, but in all

reason it is more likely to be him than Isshin. As for Unknown captain 1 idk why but I get a Ukkitake feel out of him. However seeing as when Yama had black hair 

Kyoraku was a boy Ukkitake would be one two at this timeline. It could be his father however (based solely on the white hair if the hair is white at all). And im not sure if the 4th captain HAS sunglasses or some very heavy eye shadowing. (this is the only scan I'm looking at, the others may reveal more)

#144 Milareppa

Milareppa

Live Long and Prosper

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,094 posts

User's Awards

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:30 PM

Ukitake was not born with white hair. He was born with dark hair which turned white as a child when he contracted his illness.

• Haas likes this

#145 hesoggy_shoehey

hesoggy_shoehey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • LocationUrahara shop's dumpster.

Posted 29 September 2014 - 10:53 AM

So does anyone think the reason his fight with Aizen was mainly off screen was because Kubo wanted to hide his abilities like so many others? I mean for him to push Aizen to his Shinigami limits is truly impressive. I hope he gets a decent fight in this arc. Something in which he really gets to show off. His emergence as a Shinigami back then was a really exciting moment for me, as well as when he popped up to fight Aizen. 

#146 aoshi

aoshi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Locationin my home ...

Posted 29 September 2014 - 12:25 PM

i think that it will be wierd to be proved that isshin is the only responsible for pushing aizen to his limits.

i mean all the gotei 13 weren't enough for aizen and suddently isshin is enough.

the explanations that i give for that are the following:

1. isshin is truly one of these exceptional shinigami (ex. kenpachi) that their powers exceeds all the others

2. isshin recieved a power up (royal guard, shiba technology, urahara, hougyoku)

3. aizen was already tired from all the previous battles

4. aizen restrained himself only blocking isshins attacks in order to let himslef get exhausted

moreover in everything but the rain isshin never got to show exceptional combat skills (although one could argue that he was ambused by aizen)

#147 hesoggy_shoehey

hesoggy_shoehey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 12:41 PM

He was definitely ambushed. The reiatsu cloak helped with that. Those two Shinigami seemed very impressed with Isshin's reiatsu. I think he would have handled white easily on its own.

Saying that, I don't think he was soley responsible for it. But for anyone to hold their ownn one on one agai.against Aizen in anway is impressive. He literally destroyed everyone.

#148 aoshi

aoshi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Locationin my home ...

Posted 29 September 2014 - 01:02 PM

He was definitely ambushed. The reiatsu cloak helped with that. Those two Shinigami seemed very impressed with Isshin's reiatsu. I think he would have handled white easily on its own.

Saying that, I don't think he was soley responsible for it. But for anyone to hold their ownn one on one agai.against Aizen in anway is impressive. He literally destroyed everyone.

that is why it feels so stretched for me.

there must be a reason (that will be explained) for isshins above that average power.

there are hints throughout the manga that isshin may be above expected limits for captains power.

the reason is not clear yet but there are points that outline this.

Edited by aoshi, 29 September 2014 - 01:03 PM.

#149 Seri55

Seri55

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationSitting on Byakuya's Desk

Posted 29 September 2014 - 03:05 PM

Isshin probably could have handled White if he could have used his bankai; however, we know that Aizen slashed in him the back and preventing him for doing so. We also know that the Shiba's have ties to the RR; since it's Kukaku's Flower Crane cannon that transports them. I also think there are more ties to the RR besides the transportation factor. Isshin also was a captain less than 50 years ago after Kaien died. And also Isshin seemed to be strong enough to kill Grand Fisher just using a power move (not sure sure if he used shikai or not; as it is not clearly specified).

#150 hesoggy_shoehey

hesoggy_shoehey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 03:47 PM

The Shiba's seem to have natural talent. Kaien was regarded as a genius and Isshin has been implied to be a monster. Ichigo is a straight up monster when he's not moping. 

#151 Jesterzzn

Jesterzzn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:04 PM

You people let this thread fall to page THREE!!??!!

I am just... :shakefist:

#152 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,302 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:57 PM

Chad gets more panel time this guy. What did you expect? :shrug:

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#153 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,206 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:58 PM

You people let this thread fall to page THREE!!??!!

I am just... :shakefist:

But he never does anything.

0680-007%20-%20Copy_zpsyjmuhkna.png

#154 Jesterzzn

Jesterzzn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:29 AM

Chad gets more panel time this guy. What did you expect? :shrug:

Better. I expected better.

#155 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,302 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:26 AM

Better. I expected better.

You expect too much for too little, I'm afraid.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#156 NGEFan

NGEFan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:01 PM

i think that it will be wierd to be proved that isshin is the only responsible for pushing aizen to his limits.

i mean all the gotei 13 weren't enough for aizen and suddently isshin is enough.

the explanations that i give for that are the following:

1. isshin is truly one of these exceptional shinigami (ex. kenpachi) that their powers exceeds all the others

2. isshin recieved a power up (royal guard, shiba technology, urahara, hougyoku)

3. aizen was already tired from all the previous battles

4. aizen restrained himself only blocking isshins attacks in order to let himslef get exhausted

moreover in everything but the rain isshin never got to show exceptional combat skills (although one could argue that he was ambused by aizen)

Well it wasn't really only Isshin.  Shinji managed to cut him with his surprise attack.  Isshin's battle was more impressive in the sense that he was able to sustain his battle and wear down Aizen, but he was never really in a position to actually do anything devastating to him.  If Shinji had been less arrogant and went for a mortal strike from the start, there's no telling what would have happened.  I mean, discounting the fact that he's Shinji and would've found some way to epicly fail.

#157 hesoggy_shoehey

hesoggy_shoehey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 12:57 AM

Would be cool if his Bankai used strength and power the same way Ichigo's did with speed. But I really just hope Isshin and Ichigo take Juhabach down together. For Masaki!

#158 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,788 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:22 PM

So if Rukia knew of transferring Shinigami powers because of Ginjou's history, does that mean Isshin has the final getsuga as well? How is he able to maintain his powers until Masaki? How was he even able to obtain his?

#159 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,206 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:25 AM

So if Rukia knew of transferring Shinigami powers because of Ginjou's history, does that mean Isshin has the final getsuga as well? How is he able to maintain his powers until Masaki? How was he even able to obtain his?

I've always guessed that there is a way to use FGT without losing all of your powers. Even if it's just entering FGT, but then not using Mugetsu and deactivating FGT to save all of the unused energy.

Also, the user understands FGT after accepting their Zanpakuto spirit's blade. So, they can know everything about the attack and how it works without actually having used it and felt the drawbacks of it.

0680-007%20-%20Copy_zpsyjmuhkna.png

#160 Senju D. Isshin

Senju D. Isshin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:28 AM

If Isshin obtained FGT, then he is aware of it and has obtained FGT. The simple answer is that he hasn't used it yet.

Others options include:
1.) Isshin didn't tell Ichigo all the details surrounding the use of FGT on purpose to "protect" Ichigo by weakening him.

2.) You can "activate" FGT without actually using the final attack (as Ultrafragor already noted).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users