160 replies to this topic

#21 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,278 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:41 AM

It seems unlikely, since he was talking with Urtear, but I've thought of him jumping in the arena to protect Erza. I can't imagine Mashima killing off Erza now. But at the same time, Jellal still has things to do before dying, it comes too soon if that's it.

#22 Jeral Fernandes

Jeral Fernandes

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts
  • LocationBeyond Infinity

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:17 AM

tumblr_mgd3jpbZbO1s2m34po1_500.jpg

Inspired from the old draft of Mashima before making his appearance in Crime Sorciere.

Man if only Jellal looks like this, if only  :( !! It suits perfectly his age here and he looks too young with the current appearance (almost like pre skip, just cleaned up a lot due to art revolution). Don't know why Mashima decided to scrap this though, probably to please the fan girls, but it's not like he looks any less handsome with this.

There is also a possibility that this Jellal is too manly for the fandom to handle. If so then good good it's completely understandable for me -_- !!

• azer_moli, InuyashaShinichi and Phenomiracle like this

auJZmWF.png

#23 The Witcher

The Witcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

Some 'age stubble' would have done Jellal's appearance some good, but it'd probably lead to complaints about him looking more 'dark emo'. :D

#24 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGarden State

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

A goatee would have made him look "dark" lol, not some manly stubble. 

L o y a l t y              |             B l o o d l i n e

ZmZNGgT.gif

#25 Jeral Fernandes

Jeral Fernandes

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:41 PM

“@akisuke 929: ジェラールとジュラの戦いで最後ジェラールがやろうとしてた大技はいつでますか??”

あれはRAVEのシャクマという魔導士が使った魔法。気づいた人いるかな?

Translation:
@akisuke929: When will we see that grand technique Jellal tried to pull towards the end of his fight against Jura?

That was a spell used by a Mage in Rave named Shakuma. I wonder was there anyone who noticed that?
------------
Looks like it is finally confirmed by Mashima, Sema is the same spell of Shakuma's which is one of the strongest spells in Rave. 

For those who don't know, it is a massive Meteor Shower/Rain that is powerful enough to destroy an entire city (IIRC) instantly. Mashima even asked the fan to go check the Rave if he/she wanted to see that spell and it is absolutely the same which suggests that it also has the same destruction power.

About why did Jellal use this spell against Jura, there is always a possibility that Jellal himself was also not that serious and only use a weaker version of the spell to avoid destroy that whole city.

In other words: Expect some crazy feats coming from him soon.

auJZmWF.png

#26 Silveritz

Silveritz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationWhere there's no boundary

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

^In the mean time, somewhere in Vietnam, there's the faint sound of talu fapping away in bliss . . .

Edited by Silveritz, 13 April 2013 - 08:55 PM.

resizedimage_zps0e6c85a3.jpg

- Be Better, Not Bitter -

#27 Jeral Fernandes

Jeral Fernandes

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:04 PM

^In the mean time, somewhere in Vietnam, there's the faint sound of talu fapping away in bliss . . .

You know me too well :aww: -_-

For those who are lazy to find:

Spoiler

• Blackody likes this

auJZmWF.png

#28 nyamad

nyamad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:05 PM

^^
Talu isnt the only one..
Once he shows the feat, i can finally go out to the whole world (More like MF) and yell 'JELLAL>LAXUS bahahahaha'

#29 Silveritz

Silveritz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationWhere there's no boundary

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

You know me too well :aww: -_-

For those who are lazy to find:

Ugh, you don't have to share your fapping material.  xD

resizedimage_zps0e6c85a3.jpg

- Be Better, Not Bitter -

#30 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,677 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:56 PM

^^
Talu isnt the only one..
Once he shows the feat, i can finally go out to the whole world (More like MF) and yell 'JELLAL>LAXUS bahahahaha'

Laxus will just use his DRAGON SLAYER SECRET ART: DRAGON KICK! that he has been hiding.

Edited by DaEvilWithin, 13 April 2013 - 09:56 PM.

#31 Jeral Fernandes

Jeral Fernandes

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:24 AM

Ugh, you don't have to share your fapping material.  xD

Since when were you under the impressions that only I fap to this news :hurr:?!

auJZmWF.png

#32 ssj_mage

ssj_mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:29 AM

Even if it is 1/10th of Shakuma's power, it is still a top strong spell essentially according to FT standards. I could hardly wait to see it in action. 

Edited by ssj_mage, 14 April 2013 - 08:05 AM.

#33 The Witcher

The Witcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:30 AM

I've been imagining Jellal using that spell to destroy Eclipse. If only...

#34 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGarden State

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:12 AM

Well, it's pretty much indisputable now that Jellal has the advantage over Laxus in long-range attacks. 

Laxus's strongest long-distance spell, aside from Fairy Law, is his Thunder Palace, and that merely zapped and knocked mages out for the count, unlike Cerma, which could annihilate cities. 

ZmZNGgT.gif

#35 Sesshoumaru

Sesshoumaru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:39 AM

It was obvious to begin with that Jellal held back in their fight.  We will see his post TS abilities soon enough.

#36 ssj_mage

ssj_mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:19 PM

In addition to Sema, Jellal also has Abyss Break which was hyped to take out the huge tower and he was able to cast it instantaneously. Also, the self-destruction spell which would have been able to take a town/city like nirvana though it require a lot of casting time.

So Jellal is indisputably one of the top tiers in the series. Now what he needs is a good fight to prove it.

#37 The Witcher

The Witcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:48 PM

Well, it's pretty much indisputable now that Jellal has the advantage over Laxus in long-range attacks. 

Laxus's strongest long-distance spell, aside from Fairy Law, is his Thunder Palace, and that merely zapped and knocked mages out for the count, unlike Cerma, which could annihilate cities. 

Fairy Law is a city-buster as well. And TBH Laxus has the advantage in feats now with Jellal's fight with Jura being interrupted.

Yeah, really hoping Jellal gets to cut loose this time. 

Edited by The Witcher, 14 April 2013 - 01:49 PM.

#38 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGarden State

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

Fairy Law is a city-buster as well. And TBH Laxus has the advantage in feats now with Jellal's fight with Jura being interrupted.

Yeah, really hoping Jellal gets to cut loose this time. 

We've seen nothing to suggest that.

Fairy Law was said to "vanquish those filled with evil and malice" and later to work only on those "who the caster sees as their enemy." Taking both quotes into consideration, Fairy Law is implied to work on those who the caster sees as being morally wrong.

The one time it was cast effectively, none of the surrounding buildings were damaged in the slightest. Only the dark beings attacking the guild disappeared. Jose was left in a pitiful state. 

ZmZNGgT.gif

#39 The Witcher

The Witcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

We've seen nothing to suggest that.

Fairy Law was said to "vanquish those filled with evil and malice" and later to work only on those "who the caster sees as their enemy." Taking both quotes into consideration, Fairy Law is implied to work on those who the caster sees as being morally wrong.

The one time it was cast effectively, none of the surrounding buildings were damaged in the slightest. Only the dark beings attacking the guild disappeared. Jose was left in a pitiful state. 

The fact that it works only on living people(on a citywide scale) and doesn't damage the environment is a plus if you're only looking to vanquish the enemy and not blow up something.

It's enough if you really(subconsciously) consider your targets enemies(Like Hades and Fairy Tail). Morals don't matter. So if Laxus were to use it on the invading dragons, it would theoretically succeed.

The problem is, seeing how easy it would make any battle, it's almost never used. And probably won't be in this arc. Likewise with Abyss Break and Cerra, except perhaps when some real heavy duty firepower is needed at the end and collateral damage to the city isn't a factor.

#40 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGarden State

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

The fact that it works only on living people(on a citywide scale) and doesn't damage the environment is a plus if you're only looking to vanquish the enemy and not blow up something.

So that's what you meant by "city-buster." I was referring specifically to destructive properties in spell comparison.

Cerma > Thunder Palace in destructive power. 

Also, pretty much every spell that causes destruction in any shape or form has more destructive power than Fairy Law. Fairy Law is, in that regard, like an Avada Kedavra.

It's enough if you really(subconsciously) consider your targets enemies(Like Hades and Fairy Tail). Morals don't matter. So if Laxus were to use it on the invading dragons, it would theoretically succeed.

There is nothing to suggest the bold. You're completely disregarding what Erza said about Fairy Law back in the Phantom Lord arc.

Mashima is free to contradict himself whenever he wants, but until he does so, those quotes regarding Fairy Law are very much relevant. 

Edited by Phenomiracle, 14 April 2013 - 02:32 PM.

ZmZNGgT.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users