Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts
  • Locationin the middle of bloodshed, tainted crimson

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:59 AM

i am using the patch from the TLwiki

Spoiler

Edited by itano123, 17 December 2012 - 03:02 AM.

kizunasigsupah_zpsdce21450.png
credit goes to Raijuu for combining a fav char with a fav drink 

"all of itano's characters have at least one mental disorder. Even if it's not literally a mental disorder; itano takes it to extremes which practically functions as a mental disorder."

Wise words by wise women.... and a not so wise man

Spoiler

#42 Sanagami

Sanagami

Rightful SOT Creator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:01 AM

Spoiler

Hmm, weird, I used the TL wiki patch too >_>

You might have to wait a day cause I've got nothing

Plus, I'm like stupid with this stuff anyways, so have hope ;D

Spoiler

Edited by Sanagami, 17 December 2012 - 03:14 AM.

tumblr_opz8jglokR1rofk73o1_400.png

Sana you're horrible, never change.

#43 itano123

itano123

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts
  • Locationin the middle of bloodshed, tainted crimson

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:03 AM

there i added spoiler tags so now you can't get mad at me  :P

kizunasigsupah_zpsdce21450.png
credit goes to Raijuu for combining a fav char with a fav drink 

"all of itano's characters have at least one mental disorder. Even if it's not literally a mental disorder; itano takes it to extremes which practically functions as a mental disorder."

Wise words by wise women.... and a not so wise man

Spoiler

#44 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,797 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:19 AM

Wait you guys are playing Majikoji before it's fully translated? How can you subject yourselves to that? The moment I start something I need to be able to finish it (well really only VNs anime and manga I can wait for) I wouldn't be able to stand just playing a couple of the routes and then leaving it for months on end

iyzTKCh.jpg

“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”

#45 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:49 PM

Hm...

Majikoi doesn't have what you could call an ongoing storyline. It's kind of like Katawa Shoujo in that respect-- you could play the routes in any order and you wouldn't miss a thing.

Then again, I think there's a final route somewhere in there, so you're probably right by not playing it just yet. Still feels like a waste though.

Don't watch the anime, by the way... maybe the first episode, I dunno.

samisig.jpg

#46 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,635 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:52 PM

There is a 'true' route after you're done all the routes and I'm not sure if you get any girls in that one (I don't think it is a harem route, could be wrong). Then I assume the same would apply to S?

#47 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,797 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:53 PM

I dunno even if it's like KS I'd probably want to wait on the full translation, I mean even though I did hate Emi's route I wouldn't know that until I played it, so I'd just be sitting there all antsy trying to play it

iyzTKCh.jpg

“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”

#48 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:10 AM

...pretty much where I am now, really.

...actually, it's quite agonizing-- you know what, you're right. Stay away from it.

i am trying to play Sharin no kuni but every time i put in the patches where it tells me to put them it comes up with some blue system screen.... then when i take the patches out the game works fine.... WHY wont it work.....well looks like it's back to finish koihime then.....must unlock 100%.....only at about 90%

It's always either system locale not being in the right language (sometimes it needs english, sometimes japanese), or the game not being installed it in the default folder. If neither of those work, then MAYBE it's the wrong patch, but even if it was an old one, it should still run, so that only leaves the original game dvd not being the right one for some reason. I got mine from here, but if worse comes to worse, there's a good chance fuwanovel.com has an already patched version somewhere in there.

• itano123 likes this

samisig.jpg

#49 Daiyusha

Daiyusha

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationLazy Club

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:13 AM

There is more like a "alternate" route than a "true" route after finishing every single route in S.

Spoiler

Posted Image

[color=rgb(68,68,68);font-family:Arial, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(242,242,242);](* >ω<)[/color]

#50 Eger

Eger

The Force is with Me I am one with the Force

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • LocationTeetering on the brink, facing the abyss...

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:11 PM

Aside from the maker of Katawa Shoujo, TYPE-MOON, 5pb, MinatoSoft and Alicesoft, visual novels seems to be lack luster in recent years. It has become a pleatoria of cliched events all clinged together in one game or book. The genre needs an innovation or if God pleases an REVOLUTION. Alicesoft has introduced an Rping genre that only replayable but with a decent level of story telling while TYPE-MOON has made it into a non moe genre with it's utmost display of character designs and insanely great way of immersivility.

That rant aside. What happens when a Visual Novels gets an inspiration on games such as Persona 3 and 4. We get something like this

Spark Liner High OST, Dota 2 Comeback Game 2013

Posted Image

"... A hero who used a poem about himself as his spell. Even if I don't understand the meaning behind it... I will accept these words in your place."

#51 Sheratan

Sheratan

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:43 AM

I... I take it you're a Key fan. Sorry, I played Clannad and LB! mostly for reference's sake, so it'll be a long time before I try any of the other Key games.

...a very long time.

...but I like SHAFT...

Also, about Ever17... actually nevermind.

I think Sana has a more vivid memory of the game right now. PMing her in the middle of the night might've been more productive.

I will say that even though Ever17 was higher in the ending list, it was only because of the ***** ********* that is the final route. If it's just about actual endings, Maou would rank higher by far (you can probably guess why), and if it's about sheer plot twist value, there is actually another game that I would rank as *untouchable*.

Speaking of rankings, here's the very last piece from the remnants of the previous thread. I have now officially ran out of old material to re-post. Guess I better get on with Shikkoku no Sharnoth then...!

...sigh...

I'm Key Fans. :)

Have you guys trying Cross Channel? The English Patch somehow... works. Somehow a random and loooongggg text appeared.

#52 Sanagami

Sanagami

Rightful SOT Creator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

Subarashiki Hibi ~Furenzoku Sonzai~ Chinese patch came out. I am kind of tempted to read it cause then I can beat all of you English readers to it >_>

Plus, this VN is probably the VN out of all the ongoing projects that I want to read most....maybe after Aiyoku no Eustia

#53 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,797 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

I'm mostly waiting for Majikoi and Hollow Ataraxia myself

iyzTKCh.jpg

#54 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

~ Spider Lady - Kiri's Wife ~ Professional Cuddle Bug

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,918 posts

User's Awards

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

Wait so hard do you guys get these visual novels? Buy them or?

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#55 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

I'm not proud of it, but I have never paid for any kind of software in my entire life. When it comes to fiction, I only spend money on movies, because I can tell there are some titles that were meant to be watched on theaters, and I want to get the full experience. Then again, I've made note of the novels I particularly liked so that I can buy them once they get licensed and translated into a language I can actually read.

...wait, I think you're just asking where to download VNs.

Um... try one of the links from my last post.

Edited by Athos, 25 December 2012 - 10:35 PM.

samisig.jpg

#56 Sanagami

Sanagami

Rightful SOT Creator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:27 PM

So like....I just finished something, so I might do some sort of Progress Report of the 5 VNs I'm playing (Still 5 because I sort of added one.)

I've Finally finished Kara No Shoujo.

All the routes.

So I think I can legit Rage on it now

Well, I mean like its very good. The characters, the mystery, the connections and the crazy people its all very interesting. The gore is incredible and I love the music. I Love the Music.

But Like....

I mean, So like You **** ** **** with one of the ********** and then they *** ***** ****. Then you repeat it over and over again until I'm just all *********.

Like I know that people said the VN is not for everyone, but I thought it was like to do with **** and not ******** ***** ****** ********* I like.

Its a good story, and I really liked it, but I have ****** quite ********* after playing it.

Its kind of funny because I said that VNs are more special then other mediums because you connect to the characters but *** **** **** ** **** ****

Though I guess that's the point -__-

tl;dr It's evil, but go read it.

I'm about 2 hours of gameplay in You's Route (random) and things are stepping up!

Well, actually I was sort of enjoying Ever for a while already but I've been trying to complete Kara no Shoujo so I couldn't really progress 

The Config Setting still annoy me though -__-

And the fact that I just can't scroll to continue cause scrolling makes it to the backlog.

This constant clicking is making my fingers tired ;W;

And it's so loud.... Its hard to play at night .-. (I know I can change my computer volume stuff but then I have to like exit fullscreen...It's annoying)

Hanabira

Well, I finished the second game, and I think I'm going to put the whole series on hold.

I sorta feel that I'd prefer going on Fakku and finding lesbian smut 

the most annoying thing is the the whole game still feels slow even though its like really short.

It doesn't really help that I haven't really enjoyed the characters

So sorry Shinki if you come across

Kamidori

This game is grinding me too hard that I've completely lost most of my motivation .______.

Monster Quest

So the plot is actually stepping up! Which is pretty cool to be honest. I really like the concept right now and sometimes the too many sex scenes are feeling tedious. Alice is such a cool character except when we get those wierd CGs she was where she eats you with her tail .-.

At least now I don't really find this game strangely addicting anymore, in fact, I think I get why its popular

The story is actually pretty decent.

The only problem is that I'm back at home finding time to play this game has become a bit awkward >_>

And yes, I got Desmume so I started 999.

I like the gameplay. The story? Not so much. It seems kinda overused -__-

I am enjoying it quite a lot though, and June's blushes and stuff are so cute I'm melting ;W;

But yeah, I don't exactly like using Desmume to play so that doesn't help

I'm mostly waiting for Majikoi and Hollow Ataraxia myself

I'm waiting for Majikoi, but like....

Its Majikoi

So yeah, I hear great things about it but I can't help but feel that since its so character focused rather then plot

I'm scared of keeping any expectations.

Wait so hard do you guys get these visual novels? Buy them or?

Nuuh I just download :/

rereading that makes it sound like I'm complaining about everything

When I'm actually enjoying most of it >_>

Edited by Sanagami, 25 December 2012 - 11:31 PM.

#57 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,797 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:31 AM

I generally just download them myself as well, I mean the moment I actually get some money I'll go out and buy the good ones (read; E17, since I won't have money anymore once I buy it XD) I do the same thing for anime and manga, read and watch a bunch, get the good ones when they come out in english unless the dubbing is horrendous (not a problem with manga generally)

iyzTKCh.jpg

#58 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:55 AM

Merry Christmas everyone.

I FINALLY cleared that... thing...

Took me longer than I thought because I kept falling asleep after about an hour or so of playtime. I guess this is what I get for not following my own instincts. But that's it. No consecutive games from the same group from now on. I mean it now.

...Onwards!

No spoilers.

Shikkoku no Sharnoth -What a Beautiful Tomorrow-

- 50% drama, 20% comedy, 20% action, 10% science fiction.
- I take back everything bad I ever said about Remember11. I just... I didn't know. How could I know?

- Sharnoth of the Darkest... SOMETHING, made by Liar Soft, is about an adorable young girl on a quest to save her best friend from the shadows, with the help of a badass couple of creature hunters, in a setting built around 1905 London and Arthur Conan Doyle's famous detective novels.

- Credits go where credits are due. The game looks... wow. The art is seriously good. And the characters... my god. No matter how dull she is or what she does wrong, you just can't get mad at the protagonist because... I mean look at her! Sweet merciful bahamut-- I haven't seen character designs this unfair since Mahoyo's demo!

- Soundtrack is... alright. It's mostly pipes and guitar, nothing fancy, but pleasant to listen to. Kind of drops the ball on the action scenes, though.

- The characters are great. Except maybe for Mr. eyepatch, the game manages to make you care for most of the main cast-- though much like with Inganock, the side characters just keep coming and going.

- ...and then there's the plot.

- THIS... is a shoujo manga. Not even your average romance shoujo manga. I actually like those, even if only at the beginning. No, this is the kind that draws most of its value from the innocence and purity of the protagonist and her friends. Terrible, terrible things will happen to her, but everything will be fine as long as she does her best, runs like a little girl, and waits for the plethora of bishies in the game to rescue her, particularly that tall, unsociable, dark one in the shadows.

- Not once. Not a single time does the protagonist fend for herself. The entire game revolves around looking for ways to run from danger, complete with what is hands down the stupidest VN minigame I have ever played in my life.

- I'll put it another way. If you think doing morning jogs on a victorian dress constitutes as training for the fight scenes, you need to rethink your job.

- ...haah...

- Ok, I'm done.

- Wait. That's right. There are h scenes in this game, and to be fair, they are much less cringe-worthy than the ones from Inganock, even if only half as relevant.

Don't play this game... trust me... there is no payoff. Hell, I'm a fan of Conan Doyle's novels, and I still couldn't get any kind of enjoyment from it. It's actually kind of unnerving to think that its characters are related to this, no matter how accurately portrayed.

Oh, I also play Narcissu on the side to keep my sanity. It's a really short and uncomfortable story about two people with a terminal illness and their small adventure to enjoy what little time they have left to live. It was ok. Didn't do a whole lot for me, though. I dunno, I may have grown immune to conventional tear jerkers. I guess you could take a look if you have a couple hours to spare.

Next up is... yes. YES. World End Economica! From Spice and Wolf's author! Yeaah, this is gonna be--

...wait, it's still in Japanese? GOT DAMMIT!

...Iunno, I guess I'll try Daibanchou, then. Sounds exactly like the kind of thing I need right now, anyways.

Edited by Athos, 26 December 2012 - 05:08 AM.

samisig.jpg

#59 Sanagami

Sanagami

Rightful SOT Creator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:06 AM

Wait, World End has completed translations?

>_>

/thought the project was stalled 

Speaking of Character designs

Tsukihime's has lovely new ones.

http://imgur.com/a/WbVqx

/feels bad for Spam D:

#60 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:12 AM

Man, what happened to Arcueid's skirt... I like what they did with Curry-sempai, though.

Also, damn you misleading christmas posts...

Edited by Athos, 26 December 2012 - 05:13 AM.

samisig.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users