• Please log in to reply
449 replies to this topic

#21 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:15 AM

Guys, DD is just the stepping stone before Luffy takes on a Yonkou.  People are just getting too wow'ed by DD's charisma. 

Remember how everyone was all riled up about Z spoilers thinking it was DD.  Turns it wasn't DD. Hold on, I'm going to post spoilers from Arlong Park on DD's own thread.  

#22 m1hawkgsm

m1hawkgsm

Forum Mathematiquè & Reduntarian

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • LocationLand of Hobos and Ken

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:39 AM

Guys, DD is just the stepping stone before Luffy takes on a Yonkou.  People are just getting too wow'ed by DD's charisma. 

Remember how everyone was all riled up about Z spoilers thinking it was DD.  Turns it wasn't DD. Hold on, I'm going to post spoilers from Arlong Park on DD's own thread.  

He means a lot more than just charisma, though.  He's ideologically opposed to Luffy, far more so than Blackbeard himself.  If Oda values symbolism at all, I'm pretty sure he'll leave DD alive and running until near the end.

At least, I hope so.

D9wwdJt.jpg

#23 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,081 posts

User's Awards

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:52 AM

:o I'm actually agreeing with you. Yeah, I see it the same way - DD is warmup for Big Mam.

• Kazekage likes this

#24 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

:o I'm actually agreeing with you. Yeah, I see it the same way - DD is warmup for Big Mam.

Yep, that's the final nail in the coffin. The world is definitely going to end after 31/12/2012. 

#25 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

He means a lot more than just charisma, though.  He's ideologically opposed to Luffy, far more so than Blackbeard himself.  If Oda values symbolism at all, I'm pretty sure he'll leave DD alive and running until near the end.

At least, I hope so.

Oh, I'm sure he'll be relevant after his own arc. I just don't see him as a Yonkou level threat.  

And Big Mam opposes Luffy in something far more personal than just dreams:  

Spoiler

Edited by Kazekage, 15 December 2012 - 03:46 PM.

#26 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,081 posts

User's Awards

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

Yep, that's the final nail in the coffin. The world is definitely going to end after 31/12/2012. 

Well... damn. :mellow:

@ Your second post: he already stated he would accept her policy if it was for meat - she could be similar to Moria, who was Luffy after losing his Nakama - she'd be Luffy after going nuts.

Edited by Oben, 15 December 2012 - 03:54 PM.

#27 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

Well... damn. :mellow:

@ Your second post: he already stated he would accept her policy if it was for meat - she could be similar to Moria, who was Luffy after losing his Nakama - she'd be Luffy after going nuts.

..........I wasn't being serious at all with the candy vs meat post.  

Edited by Kazekage, 15 December 2012 - 04:03 PM.

#28 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,081 posts

User's Awards

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

..........I wasnt' being serious at all with the candy vs meat post.  

Doesn't mean it can't be used as a serious argument B)   

It's a nice idea, actually.

#29 zetruz

zetruz

Fisherman

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,357 posts
  • Location- research lab

User's Awards

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

It's not about charisma, it's about his theme (hype), and feats. His fighting style is fast and devastating enough to make him a contender for Yonkiral-class (it's always debatable, of course). By just moving his finger, he can take control of at least Jozu-level fighters, or cut the limbs off of people at least as strong as Oars. We have no reason to think even Shanks would be immune to these extremely quick and devastating attacks.

More importantly, though, is his theme, the hype. Oda has been telling us over and over again that Doflaming is a master puppeteer. What do puppeteers do? They rule from the shadows. They have more power than the viewer knows. That's his theme. He will not be "the New World's Crocodile", meaning a Shichibukai they'll take down in an arc. He'll be bigger than that. I firmly believe he's above Big Mom, whether she knows it or not.

Yep, that was really surprising that it wasn't Doflamingo, though I'll say I'm pleasantly surprised. =)

Spoiler for the quotables!

Mun364G.png

#30 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,083 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

Ewww stop talking about DD in the 3rd most beautiful lady of OP's thread (only third after Hancock and Bonney).

I look forward to BM crushing DD like the lesser being he is <3

tumblr_mvzbgsgUOj1rv8ck7o4_250.gif

#31 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

It's not about charisma, it's about his theme (hype), and feats. His fighting style is fast and devastating enough to make him a contender for Yonkiral-class (it's always debatable, of course). By just moving his finger, he can take control of at least Jozu-level fighters, or cut the limbs off of people at least as strong as Oars. We have no reason to think even Shanks would be immune to these extremely quick and devastating attacks.

More importantly, though, is his theme, the hype. Oda has been telling us over and over again that Doflaming is a master puppeteer. What do puppeteers do? They rule from the shadows. They have more power than the viewer knows. That's his theme. He will not be "the New World's Crocodile", meaning a Shichibukai they'll take down in an arc. He'll be bigger than that. I firmly believe he's above Big Mom, whether she knows it or not.

Yep, that was really surprising that it wasn't Doflamingo, though I'll say I'm pleasantly surprised. =)

Well, you've made your case and I disagree. I'll wait till we get more on DD till making a judgement though. Last chapter showed him being flustered and displeased over Law destroying PH then trying to regain his cool by hoping that CC will work under him again.  

But like I said, I'll wait till we get more chapters before discussing this any further.  I firmly believe he is the warm up before Big Mom and is going to be the 'Crocodile' of the NW. 

#32 m1hawkgsm

m1hawkgsm

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:04 AM

Aha, I see we have two camps:  Those that view DD as superior plot wise, and those who view Big Mom as superior.

I'm with Zet on this one.  His theme is far more interesting than Big Mom.  I mean, she's just a candy eater, a powerful one.  DD has been pulling strings since the beginning of OP, almost.  If he dies or loses everything now, think of how much built plot is lost or irrelevant.  It'd lower One Piece, imo.

But yes, let's wait and see.

D9wwdJt.jpg

#33 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,083 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:00 AM

Here we go again with "she's just a candy eater" Come on people we have seen this character like twice in total and that is enough to say what she's all about. Especially knowing that most of Oda's important characters are seldom just one side of the coin.
I'm more disappointed this comment is even coming from top posters who I consider smart and rational. I may cry.

#34 Strawhats

Strawhats

Chase the dream

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • LocationEngland

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:02 AM

She scares the crap out of me, maybe she can join the crew? I think its time we had a scary trio, we have the M3 and W3 (Yes this is meant to be confusing)

53815365.gif

#35 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,679 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:02 AM

Here we go again with "she's just a candy eater" Come on people we have seen this character like twice in total and that is enough to say what she's all about. Especially knowing that most of Oda's important characters are seldom just one side of the coin.
I'm more disappointed this comment is even coming from top posters who I consider smart and rational. I may cry.

That's exactly it. One Piece is over halfway done and all we know about her is that she likes food. There could be much more to her character (there likely is) but it will probably be too little too late. Doflamingo on the other hand we know about, we know his stance on dreams, justice & we've had build up.

#36 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,083 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:12 AM

We also know nothing about Kaidou *shrug* there's plenty of time still. And the fact that her character hasn't been developed fully yet should tell us that it will eventually happen. After (or during) the lesser one (aka DD) is dealt with.

#37 Relinquisher

Relinquisher

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:23 AM

All i know that DD is going to lose next arc and luffy is going to move onto big mom

but crocodile and moria are still getting stronger and relevent in the story its silly to think DD would be any different so in that sense he might really be a yonko by the end, people still have to replace the people luffy will inevitably take down, plus theres the possiblity of shanks being taken down as well, and since luffy wont care about that and it would be silly if all the supernovas became new yonko DD is a prime canidate.

i see DD and crocodile as really similar, they are both the first real tests for luffy entering into the grandline/new world and as such i think just like how crocodile got a real wake up call from luffy so will DD.

plus DD is more then just personality, hes connected to so many other characters that his presence in the series is just as high as people like shanks.

he was introduced during jaya, he is a huge part of laws history and potentially kids history, he was a big part of shabondy and the war, hes basiclly been a major figure in a lot of the arcs so him just becoming irrelevant is stupid, but that does not get away from the fact that big mom is stronger and that DD will come before big mom.

[Check out the Battle Contest] [] Battle Contest #5: Aokiji VS Fujitora

treeBW.png

Made by Relinquisher 

Spoiler Very Strange Quotes from OMF

#38 m1hawkgsm

m1hawkgsm

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:35 AM

All i know that DD is going to lose next arc and luffy is going to move onto big mom

This is exactly what makes me post as pointedly as I have so far.  You all seem to think DD is as much a side show as Moria was. Not in the least.  I dare anybody to show me somebody besides Blackbeard that has had as much build up as Doflamingo has. Anybody.  And once you do, come back and talk to me.

D9wwdJt.jpg

#39 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,083 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:38 AM

We are currently in his arc,that's why the build up seems massive. Where's the guarantee that BM won't get as much a build up in the near future. Because there's nothing now? Sorry that logic doesn't speak much to me.

#40 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,679 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:41 AM

We are currently in his arc,that's why the build up seems massive. Where's the guarantee that BM won't get as much a build up in the near future. Because there's nothing now? Sorry that logic doesn't speak much to me.

Even before his arc there was build up. Before the timeskip too.

• m1hawkgsm likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users