#41 m1hawkgsm

m1hawkgsm

Forum Mathematiquè & Reduntarian

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • LocationLand of Hobos and Ken

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:51 AM

We are currently in his arc,that's why the build up seems massive. Where's the guarantee that BM won't get as much a build up in the near future. Because there's nothing now? Sorry that logic doesn't speak much to me.

I actually didn't like the build up he got here.  It draws him closer to being the next victim of Luffy's crew than I'd like.  His buildup so far has been in the shadows, since Bellamy (and maybe even before, I have to check on that, though).

Not that I don't like BM, but it's hard to build her up as DD is.  Blackbeard has the jump on Luffy for being a D (a false one, perhaps), having the same reverance for dreams and fate, and has the same view of authority.  They understand each other on a deeper level.

DD takes the role of somebody who understands the system and embraces it--not just in words, but in actions.  He's got ties in the underworld.  He's got supplies going to people like Whitebeard.

He's got ties with the 5 Elders; and, above all, he is also one of the few key characters that understand what's really going on.

That's not something you can make up in an arc.  Which is why I don't get how he's brushed aside as a chump with "charisma".  I know my special cookies when I see them.

• zetruz likes this

D9wwdJt.jpg

#42 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,553 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:50 AM

Still waiting to find out how he's connected to Big Mom.

#43 VorgX

VorgX

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:08 AM

I actually didn't like the build up he got here.  It draws him closer to being the next victim of Luffy's crew than I'd like.  His buildup so far has been in the shadows, since Bellamy (and maybe even before, I have to check on that, though).

Not that I don't like BM, but it's hard to build her up as DD is.  Blackbeard has the jump on Luffy for being a D (a false one, perhaps), having the same reverance for dreams and fate, and has the same view of authority.  They understand each other on a deeper level.

DD takes the role of somebody who understands the system and embraces it--not just in words, but in actions.  He's got ties in the underworld.  He's got supplies going to people like Whitebeard.

He's got ties with the 5 Elders; and, above all, he is also one of the few key characters that understand what's really going on.

That's not something you can make up in an arc.  Which is why I don't get how he's brushed aside as a chump with "charisma".  I know my special cookies when I see them.

I'm going to agree with m1hawkgsm here. DD provides a lot more than BM when it comes to plot. DD really represents the darker side of the Pirate World and we can gain a lot more knowledge of whats going down from DD then we could from BM.

Not only is DD a much more complex character compared to BM, Oda has been setting him up to be a major villain for a very very long time.

Doflaming is connected to the Slave Trade, Shichibukai, S.A.D, and also we know he is connected to someone higher than the position of fleet adimiral (he tells this to Moria when he is ordered to kill him.) 

This is why it looks like Doflamingo is a bigger deal than Big Mom.

• Sauron likes this

#44 Relinquisher

Relinquisher

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:53 AM

You guys are forgetting that OP has never been a dark thought provoking manga, maybe in a different manga DD could really shine but here i just dont see that happening.

I mean there was a million chances in impel down to really see the true darkness of the pirate world, and oda pretty much ignored it to put in jokes with okamas and crcodile coming back, then luffy releases hundreds of prisoners that are dangerous to society and nothing is ever said of it again, once again a huge chance to really have some depth but it would require luffy to think which is a no no.

DD is an ideological opposite to luffy and he is probilby one of the worst people morally in OP, but that does not matter to luffy or even the crew at large, it might be part of what laws thinking, but when it comes down to it the arc will be luffy calling him flamingo guy and getting angry at him for things that happened in the arc and then beating him up and moving on, theres gonna be no depth of though provocation there, its just not gonna happen.

• Rifle likes this

[Check out the Battle Contest] [] Battle Contest #5: Aokiji VS Fujitora

treeBW.png

Made by Relinquisher 

Spoiler Very Strange Quotes from OMF

#45 VorgX

VorgX

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:01 PM

I think peoples theories about big mam's right hands (Tamago & Pekoms) are a bit off. I bet the case is that those two handle all the business related affairs that come with being a Yonkou for Big Mam because she doesn't really care for it. As someone said before Big Mam is probably just like the big strong kid with the smart friends.

#46 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

Spider Queen

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,935 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

I think peoples theories about big mam's right hands (Tamago & Pekoms) are a bit off. I bet the case is that those two handle all the business related affairs that come with being a Yonkou for Big Mam because she doesn't really care for it. As someone said before Big Mam is probably just like the big strong kid with the smart friends.

They're definitely collectors, but the question is, are they the only ones? BM could have much more important and stronger crew members.

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#47 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,086 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

When was it said Pekoms and Tamago are her right hands? They rather seem like exchangable pawns, if someone of the shown persons was her right hand it would probably be Bobbins.
But generally I agree, they seem more into the real business than her.

#48 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

Spider Queen

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,935 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:10 PM

When was it said Pekoms and Tamago are her right hands? They rather seem like exchangable pawns, if someone of the shown persons was her right hand it would probably be Bobbins.

I think it's because Pekoms comes off as a kicker, implying he'll be Sanji's opponent and M3->strong opponents.

Not to say it's set in stone, but I can see how one could come to that conclusion.

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#49 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,086 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

I think it's because Pekoms comes off as a kicker, implying he'll be Sanji's opponent and M3->strong opponents.
Not to say it's set in stone, but I can see how one could come to that conclusion.

But both Pekoms and Tamago fear Big Mam very much - i can't see them too high in rank, especially since people like Bobbins don't seem to care about that.

#50 VorgX

VorgX

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

Bobbins looks like a swordsman so maybe a match for Zoro. The point of what I suggested is that Big Mam is kind of like luffy in that way of having one straightforward goal, while their cremates attend to the rest.

#51 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

Spider Queen

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,935 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

But both Pekoms and Tamago fear Big Mam very much - i can't see them too high in rank, especially since people like Bobbins don't seem to care about that.

I want to see more about BM's crew before thinking about whether or not fear indicates rank and/or power.

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#52 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,086 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

I want to see more about BM's crew before thinking about whether or not fear indicates rank and/or power.

I don't think it's unlikely that people with greater fear rank lower.

#53 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

Spider Queen

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,935 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:26 PM

I don't think it's unlikely that people with greater fear rank lower.

Not unlikely, but keep in mind that BM has been seen eating crew members.

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#54 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,086 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

Not unlikely, but keep in mind that BM has been seen eating crew members.

Yeah, but given the reaction of the three-eyed girl, that rather seems to be an annoyance instead of a reason of fear for at least some of her crewmembers.

#55 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

Spider Queen

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,935 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

Yeah, but given the reaction of the three-eyed girl, that rather seems to be an annoyance instead of a reason of fear for at least some of her crewmembers.

Or just the one. If they are afraid it's justifiable. Like I said, I wanna see more of her crew first.

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#56 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,086 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

Or just the one. If they are afraid it's justifiable. Like I said, I wanna see more of her crew first.

Sure, but what use is a forum if we can't make assumptions?

#57 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

Spider Queen

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,935 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

Sure, but what use is a forum if we can't make assumptions?

Speculation, discussion and comparing interpretations.

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#58 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,086 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

Speculation, discussion and comparing interpretations.

I guess assumptions would fit under specualtions - which is also the most important and interesting part of a forum imo.

#59 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

Spider Queen

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,935 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

I guess assumptions would fit under specualtions - which is also the most important and interesting part of a forum imo.

Only so long as the assumption is a guess and not a definitive claim of what is fact.

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#60 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,327 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

Sexy Sexy woman 

drool