Photo

[Discussion] Why Does "Bleach" Get So Much Hate? (Part 2)

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Ryuuhime

Ryuuhime

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

You can't be serious? Fan girls threatening to ki themselves lol.
All good guys are immortal. Even Hinamori, she's immortal. Getting stabbed twice does not mean jackshiz.

One more thing that bothered me. Why didn't they revive the now dead guys of SS in this Quincy arc using hachi or orihime. Don't tell me it's pride, that's a b.s reason

It happened, yes....  :glare:  I remember a fan either killed herself or tried to after her favorite character died. It was a pretty known manga too.

I guess the reason why Hinamori doesn't die is because of her name. Peaches (Momo) are associated with immortality, after all.

Edit: http://www.dailymail...television.html

It was a boy after all.

Edited by Ryuuhime, 09 May 2013 - 04:48 PM.

mpc-hc_nvo2014-07-0320-42-57-98-Coacutep

#22 Milareppa

Milareppa

Live Long and Prosper

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,094 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:11 PM

The way Kubo wrote those chapters, yes I thought Byakuya was going to die. I think Kubo tried to kill him but in the end couldn't do it. That or fangirls threatening to kill themselves (it has happened before) or threatening to stop buying Bleach.

Manga authors are usually several chapters ahead of the chapter currently being published. By the time that chapter was out and fangirls baying for his blood, Kubo would have been many weeks worth of chapters beyond that point. So, I very much doubt the 'fangirl effect' was why Byakuya survived.

With the way recent chapters have been unfolding, Byakuya's situation actually fits in with a theme that's visibly unfolding which hasn't yet been truly explained - the impact of taint. It was emphasised to painfully obvious extremes that Byakuya's injuries were blighted by taint and he only stood a chance of recovery if the taint could be completely purged from his systems. That was, in fact, the reason for the healing method Kirinji was using on him: he had to be purged so utterly of that taint that he was practically being rebuilt.

Only after this extreme story line occurs are we given the Isshin flashback - and the major issue that comes out of that part of the flashback is the importance, the problem, of taint.

It is beginning to feel as though Byakuya's injuries were caused for a reason... not only the method by which he was so badly injured (which itself is part of an ongoing theme: the warrior instinct, and Byakuya's own value on it) but the using of his extreme injuries to heavily emphasise the problem with taint.
  • Petite Fleur likes this

#23 DrGenjutsutheAlmighty

DrGenjutsutheAlmighty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:54 PM

"I was reading the last arc, I'm on chapter 681, so two more random characters show up with the kid that had the train box. Just to asspull Ichigo's bankai back to normal. Bad writting, apparently the main character knows them, and they own him something."- Anonymous 

^ Someone told me this a couple of weeks after telling him to skip the filler fullbring arc in the anime.

Edited by DrGenjutsutheAlmighty, 14 March 2017 - 02:57 PM.

#24 Krizalid

Krizalid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:56 PM

Bleach is over now :(

#25 DrGenjutsutheAlmighty

DrGenjutsutheAlmighty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:33 PM

Movies are also over in an hour, doesn't stop people from talking about them.

#26 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,232 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:34 AM

The BS used to take down villians

Look at Ywach.

Once Ywach experiences an ability he becomes immune to it which is why he beat Ichibei.

Later on in the arc we have Aizen's illusion abilities Ywach has previous enountered coming up again and magically working on him. 

Also why give villians hax powers if you aren't going to have then use them when they need it.

Better to die on one's feet than to live on one's knees

HUSBANDOS :wub:  

#27 DrGenjutsutheAlmighty

DrGenjutsutheAlmighty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:27 PM

You do know that: 

- KS cannot be escaped, is not Genjutsu that works with energy. Is more like IT that doesn't need energy to work on people.

-Once caught in KS is over, afterwards, each time Aizen's releases KS again you're under it without the need of repeating the ritual or looking at it. If Aizen had really released KS for the first time during the final battle, he wouldn't had mention Ichigo been unaffected by it. Ichigo would had also been affected.

#28 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,232 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:54 PM

You do know that: 

Yes, we do

Almight nullfiies abilities previously used on Ywach which is how he escaped Ichibei's hax.

KS cannot be escaped

Yes it can Gin was able to get around it by grabbing the sword prior to him using it.

In-Addition, when Aizen introduced KS to Unohana he claimed it had its own weaknesses.

. Is more like IT that doesn't need energy to work on people.

It does need energy to work on people, Remember when Aizen stabbed Yama-ji? Aizen told him he had no way of knowing if it was KS or really Aizen.

Yama-ji told him there was no mistaking KS reiastu while it was in his gut.

#29 DrGenjutsutheAlmighty

DrGenjutsutheAlmighty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:34 PM

That's avoiding KS, not escaping it after been affected.  

Can you elaborate, what weakness, other than touching it pre-release or getting stab by it to feel the Zanpakutou's reiatsu?

Just because KS has spiritual pressure, doesn't mean it affects the victim's energy. IT works with Kaguya's chakra, doesn't mean all people now possess chakra because it affects them.

#30 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:49 AM

bleach gets so much hate because its too symbolic and not story orientated enough.  which makes sense, kubos an artitist.  hed rather try to teach you philosophy through visuals and abilitys rather then actuall storytelling.  but a lack of viable storytelling alienate people who are here for, well, the story.

which is most people.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#31 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,200 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:07 PM

I think it was just the trolling.

Trolling without enough fanservice to make up for it.
  • retroluffy13 and Grimmjagger like this

0680-007%20-%20Copy_zpsyjmuhkna.png

#32 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,232 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:40 PM

Just because KS has spiritual pressure, doesn't mean it affects the victim's energy.

It has to, Shinigami battles are battles of reiastu.

#33 DrGenjutsutheAlmighty

DrGenjutsutheAlmighty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:57 AM

It has to, Shinigami battles are battles of reiastu.

That's an assumption, it has never been stated to work that way. Either prove it or lay down the speculation nonsense to others. I'm not interested.

#34 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,232 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 04:04 PM

That's an assumption, it has never been stated to work that way. Either prove it or lay down the speculation nonsense to others. I'm not interested.

It's not an assumption we've seen it several times in the manga.
God Bless

#35 Madwillionaire

Madwillionaire

N00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:50 PM

Because Kubo dicked around too much, giving major spotlight to the same characters over and over again, ignoring the development and opportunity to shine with other characters. Kubo sucked at his pacing with all the worthless filler he would waste chapter pages with. And it didn't help that he was checking into a hospital once like every three months. So much potential to be legendary and he botched it. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users