And so it begins. Some rather creative questions here and some rather difficult questions -- I'm answering you last, Petite. I'll try to answer as quickly as possible, but you know how things go. And to answer Kaze's last question, yes, people can feel free to ask me more than 5 questions. (But, at least after I've answered two rounds of questions first)
Without further ado:
I've been wanting to ask this question for the longest time!
Why do you change your avatar all the time? ಠ_ಠ
Why have I been asked this question so much?
Well, you're not the first to take a gander as to why. A number of people have asked the same question and it's a fair one. So, here's your answer. When Shonuff (another poster here that is no longer active) showed me Livejournal as a place to grab icons to use, you could say I dived in. It's easy and I could find quality icons amongst the icon collections there. And ever since, I can never keep an icon for very long. Longest was during finals week two semesters ago, and I took a week break from the forums. (Some Zoro icon that I had then)
Bad habits die hard, I don't change EVERY day now. Though I'm gonna change my icon again in a bit after typing this post up.
why cant I think of questions for you?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/8774/...
Can't say I have an answer for you. Try generic stuff, hombre.
1. You can cock-slap any individual in the world without facing repercussions. Who would you cock-slap?
2. Who is your least favorite poster on this forum? Don't worry about hurting their feelings.
3. How disappointed were you with my round getting cut short so soon? Did it ruin your week?
4. What would your life be without your beliefs? How would it be different?
5. Top 5 favorite superheroes? If you want, you can do 5 for DC and 5 for Marvel separately.
Oh, these questions.
1.Kim Jung-un. I just want to slap that incompetent smile of his face.
2. If we're including back on 2.0, then there was this one idiot troll on the naruto subforums. It was a long time ago, when I was still new to OMF and what not. He's long gone, btw. His name was like a ****** up version of the word Disaster and he had this ****** Anko icon. What a.....idiot. I couldn't stand that guy, I've never seen any poster quite like it. I could have said the Wonderer, but his One Piece passion was actually entertaining at times. As far as posters that are still somewhat around go, a poster named Ravaha. Stupidity knows no bounds when it's coupled with passion and arrogance. And no, I don't care about hurting their feelings, don't worry.
3. Lol. I was expecting some good laughs during you round, then you up and leave. Son, I am disappoint.
4. That's an interesting question. And ya know, Devil, I'm not sure I can properly answer it. I definitely would have missed out on some amazing spiritual experiences and never met some great people. Not to mention, a number of childhood experiences are now out the window. I think my life wouldn't be as good, in that there's no higher power to trust in (obviously) and worries would have a place where they normally wouldn't have. As anyone can notice, I'm a rather mellow person. Even in crap situations of my life, I don't find myself panicking. And while a good chunk of that is my own persona and disposition, I don't find my faith in God something that cements my hopes and that he gives me peace. I think my life would be more worrisome even though I'm not the worrying type, I just get the feeling, I suppose. That's the best I can answer that question. Oh, and probably be quite the cynic given some experiences in my life.
5. DC: Superman (of course), Batman, Nightwing, Green Lantern (John Stewart), and finish it off with either Diana or Supergirl.
Marvel: (no specific order after the first two): Spiderman, Wolverine, Captain America, Emma Frost (she counts, right?), and I guess Iron Man. It was hard answering that for some reason, my mind went blank after the first two names. Then again, it's Marvel.
What do you like/dislike about Miami, and do you see yourself living there forever?
Describe 3 ethical/moral/material/philosophical/religious/etc./et.al issues that have impacted you the most in your growth and outlook?
1. First, M1hwak, I should tell you I live in Broward these days (a much better area than Dade, the county Miami is in.) Though I still spend alot of time in Miami in the span of a year, and add in that even my all my Floridian relatives live in Miami save for my maternal grandmother.
Miami Pros & Cons
Pros ---> The beach, but getting to the beach in Broward isn't hard either, but I'm sure you expected to hear about the beach. I think the main things I like about Miami are places like Aventura, Bal Harbor Shops (the whole Bal Habor area is nice). Not just for shopping, but acting a fool with friends. Normally, hanging around a mall is not something I'd call fun at all but Aventura is massive. (Also my favorite store, Zara, is there) Another thing I really like is the diversity in the Miami area. At my uni, you will see all kinds of people -- Asian (Oriental, Indian, Arab, etc), Hispanic (obviously), Black (including African exchange students), white folks (obviously), and beyond. Miami is more or less a melting pot, biracial relationships are the norm and people live freely in that respect. Miami and the rest of south florida are VERY different from the rest of Florida, just to add. I don't do clubbing, so if you were expecting anything about that, you're asking the wrong guy.
Cons ---> First off, NO ONE KNOWS HOW TO DRIVE. There's an accident almost bloody day on any highway, maybe multiple ones sometimes. It's terrible, Floridians in general are good at driving like idiots. And add in all the traffic you have to deal with during any day of the week, it's horrible though you get used to it. I 'll never understand why. Other annoying things would definitely be the weather, Cuban Spanglish flying around, and political corruption. The weather in South Florida is terrible by default. Add in the crowded environment of Miami on a busy day and it gets worse. That's why cold weather is like manna for people that live in Miami. Political Corruption is a serious issue in this bloody city. One time, apparently taxes were being siphoned off exclusively to fund the Marlins' new stadium construction -- absurd. Just look at this: http://www.miaminewt...al Corruption/. It's embarrassing. Miami is a not a city to raise children IMO.
I don't plan on living here for the rest of my life, not a chance.
Creation vs Evolution -- do we take Genesis literally or not?
Same Sex Marriage -- do we look beyond beliefs and focus on legal equality in spite of what God's word says?
Abortion -- when does life begin and under what circumstances do we allow abortions to happen?
All three are pretty tough questions IMO, and were for especially. These days, it's funny to look back and know that I once denied evolution years ago. From a legal standpoint, I'm pro-SSM now. It's about freedom, and there's no good argument to not allow gays to marry one another (You read that right, Devil). As for abortion, you can't sacrifice a living woman for a fetus or whatever the situation is. Also, something my mother said helped changed my mind about abortion. Still I'm ironing out my views on abortion even now.
Describe the ideal partner in terms of: crime, for a date, for life; please include both physical and personality traits.
Where do you see yourself in 10 and 20 years, both optimistically, pessimistically, and randomly (because you know stuff happens out of nowhere, sometimes)?
3. So, my ideal gal?
Honestly, I will not lie. A pretty face is a good start and a good personality to match. You don't have to entertain me with laughs, but with conversation. I'm more interested in a gal that I can speak about politics, tv, movies in one stretch with than someone one with nothing to say. I feel like some folks get hung up on dating or marrying someone that can keep them entertained. Newsflash, they're not some court jester. Also, someone that I can sit in comfortable silence with is a big up. Not sure how else to say that. Essentially, someone who doesn't feel like they need to talk ALL the time. I'm not a fan of people that force conversation, it always goes badly and I'm not great at small talk. Oh, and someone who's not a family friend (been down that road already).
Looks matter, I wouldn't lie and say otherwise. Like any black man, I'm more of an ass man. White, Black, Asian, Latina, doesn't matter to me. I prefer girls with long hair, just to add. A decently fit body and a pretty face is the ideal thing. Oh, and short (5'5" and down), not a fan of tall chicks -- no offense. Overall, I don't expect some Victoria Secret model, I know my limits.
4. In 10 years, out of law school and getting my foot in the door as I try to make a name for myself as a lawyer. I'd hope I get a job at a big firm, that can really, really do wonders for a person. In 20 years, I hope that I'd have made a name as a lawyer to some extent and had a growing family. I do worry about economy though and the job market for law can be tough if you're looking for something promising. The worse that could happen? I end being a prosecutor -- I have no interest in that, to be honest. Or even worse, I don't get a job. Now you're worrying me.
Favorite memories of OMF? Think in term of threads and posters you've interacted with.
That's all. Hat's off to you, old pal.
5. Honestly, my best memories on OMF are from the heyday of the Fairy Tail subforums. The chapter discussion thread was always active, the jokes would abound, and everyone was having a good time. This is late 2010 and early 2011, those were the best times for the Fairy Tail subforum. Evan, Azer, Talu, Krono (not that he joined in the jokes), Drugz (I think), and a few others, would know what I speak of. Good old days. Froggyman, a good poster, was still around then and crushed FT with his criticism at every turn. Ganderath was active as well then. Those were funny times over all. Laxus vs Jellal was really heated then. Then it all fell apart as the Tenrou Island arc went to ****. Then, it was all mixed with raging (usually hilarious). Lone dropped FT with a fury (with the greatest manga rant I've ever seen), I thought Damanos would have too but luckily no. And Evan came back after Laxus returned.
Still, it was never the same. The FT forums are a bore compared to those days. Takes me back.
The homey Pele finally got his own thread. http://www.the-coli.com/images/smilies/m...
Got a couple questions here for you my brother, if you don't like them feel free to give The JoE a healthy dose of ETHER http://www.the-coli.com/images/smilies/w...
1) Posters you would like to visit? Name any amount you like.
This is gonna sound weird, but I'm not sure I want to visit anyone. I'd rather meet people by chance than anything else. But, given the question, I'll answer anyway. Posters I'd find interesting to meet would be Satan, Strawhats, you, Azer Moli (Or Frenchie as I call her), Talukita, Hadz (to meet such a nice person would be a treat), Drugz, Evan, Insane (lol, Venezuela), M1hawk, Tracy (Kid Frost), Britza, Kaze, and VainDay.
2) Favourite quotes? Fictional or real individuals, any amount you like.
Before anyone starts wondering "did this guy really go around copy and pasting so many of his favorite quotes just like that?". On the old forum, I had a good chunk of my favorite quotes in my sig, I salvaged that after the crash with google cache and put it on windows' notepad -- so, getting these was an easy task.
All these quotes align pretty much with how I feel about life. Statements that get more than just a nod from me, but those that make you think on it. If you're gonna dwell on something someone said, best make it something worth thinking about.
3) Top 10 favourite rap albums.
This could be hard.
Reasonable Doubt (Jay Z)
Ready to Die (Biggie Smalls)
The Blueprint (Jay Z)
The Marshall Mathers LP (Eminem)
Graduation (Kanye West)
The College Dropout (Kanye West)
King of Rock (Run–D.M.C.)
All Eyez on Me (Tupac)
H/M: Life After Death (Biggie), Aquemini (Outkast), Me Against the World (Tupac), The Great Adventures of Slick Rick (Slick Rick), Life is Good (Nas), Lupe Fiasco's The Cool (Lupe Fiasco), Lupe Fiasco's Food & Liquor (Lupe).
What does Peleihno mean and why did you choose that name?
It's imperative that I state one thing first. My username, given its' intended meaning, is spelled wrong. I'll explain.
It's best to start this off with an example. First off, I'm a big fan of football/soccer, and when I joined the forum I did not want any retarded or oblivious usernames. For me, on a manga forum, a neutral username is ideal. Stuff like xXSasukeXx, YellowFlashGod, ZoroIsBest, Kakashi Hatake, King Aizen, Hueco Mundo Overlord, and the list goes on, are just massive no's for me. But I digress. Take the name Ronaldinho, a legend in football, his nickname basically translates from Portuguese as "little Ronaldo". The "inho" (and not ihno like I do it) is the reason for that. So, I decided to follow that setup. And I used Pele, a god in the world of football and one of my favs. Basically my username is meant to mean "little Pele". However, I switched "h" and "n" when making the account and didn't notice till a few months later . I got over it though, decided to keep the misspelling even here. I'm just too used to spelling it this way.
That's basically the story of my username.
Gonna get to more questions, just bear with me, folks.
EDIT: added answers to Joe and Sauron's questions.
ALSO, whoever is reading this, can you please post something random (I don't care what) so I can continue this on the next page? Please and thank you.
Edited by Peleihno, 11 May 2013 - 01:26 PM.