133 replies to this topic

#1 wingman32x

wingman32x

Ace Attorney

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

Discuss Adult Swim's Toonami block here.

Current Line-up:

12:00- Bleach

12:30- Naruto

1:00- Thundercats(2011)

1:30- Samurai 7

2:00- Symbionic Titan

2:30- Eureka 7

3:00- Tenchi Muyo! GXP

3:30- FMA Brotherhood

4-5:00: Cowboy Bebop

5-6:00: Inuyasha

#2 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts
  • LocationIn the House of Hades

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

GXP managed to spring up some last week, though I didn't watch it, kind of glad I didn't since I saw talk of peni on foreheads...

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

"Ass Pull": Often the first term people use to show how dissatisfied they are with something before it can be explained.

"Bull shit": often the first term used when a person expresses their dissatisfaction with something and they don't like the explaination.

#3 wingman32x

wingman32x

Ace Attorney

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

Yeah, there were these security drones that gave marks to kids out past curfew. It was pixel censored on TV. Didn't know it was that, though. It's ironic that it did decent right before it was scheduled to get demoted.

Another interesting bit from those ratings is that Naruto beat bleach. People were surprised when it didn't happen 2 weeks ago considering Bleach started a hiatus, but it beat Bleach out last week.

#4 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

Sadly Black Dynamite is back on the air on Saturdays, which seemed to lose quite a bit of viewers from the show before it, which doesn't bode well for Toonami.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

"Ass Pull": Often the first term people use to show how dissatisfied they are with something before it can be explained.

"Bull shit": often the first term used when a person expresses their dissatisfaction with something and they don't like the explaination.

#5 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,357 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

I promise that I will not fall asleep before Naruto comes on XD

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#6 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

http://toonami.tumblr.com/

They've posted a couple more of the comic pages they had planned. They also seem to have another game review in store for tomorrow as well as reairing the "to hell with fear" video.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

#7 ZCOverload

ZCOverload

Queen Shit.

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,415 posts
  • LocationSunset Vista

User's Awards

3       2    4   

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:37 PM

I finally have cable back.

Tomorrow, TOM, you, me, anime, nostalgia, go.

I'll clear this with no continues!

wlpOFuA.gif

#8 Ren-san

Ren-san

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:12 AM

What is so bad about teenagers getting shot with some bullets containing paint? 

15871545849_286028ae7d_o.jpg

#9 wingman32x

wingman32x

Ace Attorney

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:27 AM

http://toonami.tumbl...-been-extremely

I don't understand how they could answer this question like that. Do they seriously think that the decline in Samurai 7's viewership was due to the show and not a result of them moving it 3 times? It was improving its ability to retain Bleach viewers, but they bumped it and it's never recovered since. I don't see how they can put that on the show itself.

#10 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:39 AM

What is so bad about teenagers getting shot with some bullets containing paint? 

Huh?

http://toonami.tumbl...-been-extremely

I don't understand how they could answer this question like that. Do they seriously think that the decline in Samurai 7's viewership was due to the show and not a result of them moving it 3 times? It was improving its ability to retain Bleach viewers, but they bumped it and it's never recovered since. I don't see how they can put that on the show itself.

They may know something we don't, but generally we as viewers would think the constant shuffling would be a factor. It probably played some role in it, depending on how drastic the shifts were. In the past on ASA there were shows that were at the start of the block and then shoved to the tail end of it, Moribito and Code Geass being example sI believe.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

#11 All_Overboard

All_Overboard

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:39 AM

Networks are fickle about ratings so much more nowadays. Now it doesnt matter if people like the show. If the ratings go bad then they start changing the line up 

#12 Liar

Liar

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:45 AM

I'm surprised they're showing Samurai 7. That's a pretty old anime; it came out more than half a decade ago.

#13 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:46 AM

2004 really isn't that old, to me at least.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

#14 Liar

Liar

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:16 AM

It's pretty old, mate, when you compare to how many anime are released each year.

#15 wingman32x

wingman32x

Ace Attorney

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:25 AM

I'm surprised they're showing Samurai 7. That's a pretty old anime; it came out more than half a decade ago.

GXP is from 2002. It's the oldest anime I've seen them pick up(Bebop and Ghost excluded).

#16 Liar

Liar

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:26 AM

I never really liked Tenchi Muyo. Even when I was younger, I tried to get into it, but I never understood it much.

#17 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:45 AM

It's pretty old, mate, when you compare to how many anime are released each year.

That's why I wouldn't consider it that old, more so if you want to look at how many titles get picked up and dubed each year. How many are released in Japan don't really matter, it's the American side that really matters in this, imho. Even then Samurai 7 isn't old enough to show in it's animation, so it ages well enough.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

#18 Liar

Liar

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:49 AM

Well, I still think it's pretty old. But yeah, Samurai 7 has aged pretty well. I feel bad for some of my favorite characters in there though...

#19 wingman32x

wingman32x

Ace Attorney

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

The CGI in the beginning is pretty terrible, though. They cut a lot of that out, though.

#20 Liar

Liar

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:52 AM

Yeah, CG was pretty gimmicky back then, ha ha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users