110 replies to this topic

#1 Ren-san

Ren-san

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

Welcome all to the new VK Discussion Thread. 

vampire-knight-2836175.jpg

Title: Vampire Knight

Genre: Drama, Mystery, Romance, Shoujo, Supernatural 

Author: Hino, Matsuri

Artist: Hino, Matsuri

Discussion:

In the latest chapter of VK, we got to see Kaname making a quick appearance at the masquerade ball that Yuuki and Zero were attending. But unfortunately Yuuki and Zero weren't able to speak with Kaname decent period of time. Kaname mentioned that he would like to make Yuuki into a human, but what exactly does he mean by "human?"

As we all know already, vampires in this series are nothing more than evolved humans that came about 10,000 years ago when the climate was very harsh towards regular humans. So if Kaname would like to turn Yuuki into a regular human than what type of human is Yuuki going to become?

Will Yuuki be able to maintain some of her power and abilities that were finally unlocked when she was awakened by Kaname? Or will Kaname strip away Yuuki various abilities and memories in order to turn her into a regular human girl?  

Edited by Ren-san, 14 December 2012 - 10:56 PM.

• Ren-san and a.D.h like this

15871545849_286028ae7d_o.jpg

#2 inzaratha

inzaratha

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

The last two chapters were really good and both of them really left us hanging.

• a.D.h likes this

#3 Ren-san

Ren-san

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

I'm curious to see how Kaname is going to accomplish his goal to turn Yuuki into a human and what he plans do with the remaining Purebloods that are alive. 

Kaname has made it pretty clear that he plans to take the place of the female pureblood who sacrificed her life to create Anti-Vampire weapons that the Hunter Association uses. But who knows which way everything will go since Isaya has proposed to become a substitute for Kaname even though he has a family of his own.  

#4 inzaratha

inzaratha

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:32 PM

So I had thought for  a while that Kaname might turn Yuuki back to a human by sealing her, which would result in him dying / sacrificing himself.   But now Yuuki said she was planning on doing the same thing to Kaname to control him and stop his actions, she will turn him back into a human,  which case she would die.    And she even was serious enough to active the brand on Zero's neck. 

Or if Kaname took the place of the ancestor he would also effectively die or his essence would go into the anti vampire weapons and the furnace.   

So it looks like the only one not trying to die now is Zero. 

#5 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,342 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:19 PM

which chapter am I on I left out on the part where Yuki was going around telling purebloods she would kill them and then she was attacked by a wolf?

sUP3nUt.jpg?1

“I’m a slow learner, it’s true. But I learn. "

#6 inzaratha

inzaratha

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:14 AM

I remember that, but I will have to check which chapter it is.  

#7 Ren-san

Ren-san

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:08 AM

which chapter am I on I left out on the part where Yuki was going around telling purebloods she would kill them and then she was attacked by a wolf?

Chapter 57 was when Yuuki started her quest of killing purebloods that no longer wanted to live, by going to their homes and asking them personally whether or not they wanted to die. 

#8 a.D.h

a.D.h

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:52 AM

Thank you Ren-san for starting this thread again!

The irony of it all that in the end it's Zero who is not trying to die, I find it hilarious.

I really wish we'd soon find out what exactly Kaname said to Aidou's father. I have to say I'm somewhat inclined towards Kaname's side in this in an odd sense, to kill all the purebloods so that the vampire race disappears and there isn't such a division of power between the people in the world.. That is actually a good plan seeing it from an objective point of view, no?

Then again of course I understand Yuuki's POV, there are good vampires and purebloods and perhaps if there was a better governing of the vampires/hunters/humans all could live in peace. Argh, so frustrating, I wouldn't know which side to be on.

Edited by a.D.h, 29 December 2012 - 09:57 AM.

• inzaratha and Ren-san like this

#9 AmrodAegnor

AmrodAegnor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

Fuck you, Yuuki. Just...ugh. I'm so disappointed right now. Now I'm just waiting to read that she got pregnant with that bastard. <_<

Way to trample all over your fans feelings, Hino-sensei. If Zero now ends up with that stupid Maria, I'll never read any of her works again, at least not until I know how they end.

Just go kill yourself for Kaname. I don't care anymore. You reap what you sow.

• inzaratha and Alexdhamp like this

#10 Alexdhamp

Alexdhamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:18 AM

Well, Hino-sensei just effectively ruined Zeki for me...and I agree Fuck you, Yuuki. I hope you and your precious Oniisama die together, you incestuous couple. Rot in hell. You know, it would have been poetic justice if he pulled the trigger here. Seriously, Zero, you wake up and a strange vampire is hovering over your bed...com'on, Mr. Hunter, shoot the damn bitch! :lol: :ph34r:

@Amrod: Nah...I hope he ends up with Yori, Yuki's best friend, just so Yuuki would have to be constantly reminded of what she through  away for the manipulative, lying asshole(if she'd even care). Kaname even admitted to her about using and causing much of the pain and anguish that Zero suffered...yet Yuki acts like it's no big deal. After this shit(especially finding out Kaname was responsible for hurting Zero and manipulating him), I find it difficult to believe she truly loved Zero to so easily forgive Kaname as if it didn't matter to her(hell, she didn't even give it a second thought). Hino-sensei definitely disappointed me...the crap with Kaname also makes me feel like she changed her mind about him being a villian.

Or, if not Yori...then that girl back in the earlier chapters of the manga that had the hots for Zero...the one he saved from falling off the wall. Shame Kaname killed the Pureblood that turned/"embraced" Zero...they(she and Zero) would have been interesting together...

Edited by Alexdhamp, 24 January 2013 - 05:11 AM.

• inzaratha, Ren-san and AmrodAegnor like this

#11 AmrodAegnor

AmrodAegnor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

Wasn't that Maria, the girl who fell off the wall? Not sure though, and I don't feel like rereading and going through all of it again.

I agree with hoping for Yori-chan, since she would actually be considering Zero's wishes/feelings and she's a good person. But the way this manga is going I stopped hoping for a good outcome for him and always fear the worst happening instead. And Maria just isn't that much better than Yuuki, since she's just the same as Yuuki was, obsessing over a guy she hardly knows. And while Maria would probably only devote herself to Zero, I still feel that Yori-chan would be the better option, but she has already been shown liking another guy, I think. It was in one of the recent chapters, can't remember exactly where though. Not sure if it was a human or vamp either.

Anyway, Zeki is dead for me. It would be unsightly to keep it going like a zombie any longer.

1) Doing what she did on her own again, without even asking or thinking if it was what Zero really wanted, acting selfish and spoiled.

2) Doing to him exactly what caused her to suffer for so long herself, not being able to remember her past. Did she forget that part already? Looks like it, or she would have never done it to someone else. Just like her, he'll always know that something is missing. That's just cruel.

3) Zero has been mistreated and toyed with by purebloods all his life. Kaname, Sarah, the first pureblood in the manga whose name I can't remember...and now Yuuki acts like one herself and does something unforgivable: Crushing Zero's heart like a pureblood would. She honestly deserves having that gun pointed at her head at this point.

4) Immediately running to hug Kaname again, instead of doing what she told herself to do, ultimately doing the dirty with him. That's just the final straw really.

She should just stop flip-flopping already and just deal with the consequences of her actions. Because this time, being sorry and regretting things won't cut it. This time, there's no going back, because what she did is unforgivable in so many ways.

She can never truly love Zero, unless Kaname died. And even then it would have a shallow aftertaste, since she'd only be with him as a replacement, only because the other guy isn't there. Nope, thank you. I'm done with Zeki. Shame it ended like this, there's many things I would have been able to forgive, if the story was done right and the ending satisfying. But this chapter went too far. It's over. Have fun with Kaname forever, Yuuki and don't you dare get close to Zero ever again. Kaname should just do what he does best: Be selfish and erase Yuuki's memories too, once again. Then we can have this farce ended.

• inzaratha, Ren-san, Alexdhamp and 1 other like this

#12 Alexdhamp

Alexdhamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

Something I mentioned elsewhere:

Oh, and the line "Mr Human lover who won't ever pull the trigger", I'm seriously hoping this is a foreshadowing that Zero kills her. She's going to do something thinking he won't shoot her, only to be surprised when he does...having completely forgotten that the thing that always kept him from pulling the trigger was his love for her...which she stripped him of. It'd be poetic justice, IMO.

-_- :ph34r:

• inzaratha and AmrodAegnor like this

#13 kkaname

kkaname

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationBangladesh

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

After so long... I am posting something here!!!!

Well, this chapter leaves me with a very very bad taste in my mouth though I really like Kaname. It would have been better if they had crossed that line when they were living together (doing it now is really terrible and in a way ironic).... Even though I know Yuuki can never succeed against Kaname, I was really shocked at her declaration of sacrificing her life (I was actually very happy --just drop dead you intolerable immature girl), but after this chapter now I do not know... am I supposed to be more shocked or horrified!?

Everybody seems to sympathize with the other guy but I am not a bit sorry for him rather I feel very sad that after doing this thing, she is going to realize and say that her heart belongs to the other guy; so what Kaname supposed to feel or say (even though he already know the answer).. told you already and now go reconcile with that guy... what the hell... so in the end, that scenario she wished for in chap 88 is going to be the reality and happily lived ever after!!!!!! and I am going to puke.....

#14 Alexdhamp

Alexdhamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

I hope not. Zero deserves far better than her, he's already suffered enough thanks to her and her incestuous lover. I, on the other hand, can't feel sorry for the manipulative, thoughtless, and selfish bastard known as Kaname and feel he deserves an immature little brat like Yuki. Hopefully Zero somehow keeps his promise from earlier(when she left Cross Academy with Kaname) and kills them both.

Edited by Alexdhamp, 24 January 2013 - 02:01 PM.

• RamenRenegade likes this

#15 RamenRenegade

RamenRenegade

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,718 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

So I finally read the latest chapter and...wow...wow...wow.

Well, it's safe to say I'll have to jump off the Zeki train now. Even if they end up together it will leave a bad taste in my mouth. So let me get this straight, Kaname plays a mind f*** on her and makes her believe he's gone all dark side. She reunites with Zero. He essencially confesses, she accpets those feelings and responds in kind. And then her responce to remove Zero's memories and then f*** Kuran the second she finds out he's not "evil". Lol! Oooookay.

Yeah, if I was Zero, when I get my memories back (and he will) I'd be done with her. I wouldn't kill her. But I'd walk away from her at the end of this story. It's clear that she wouldn't choose Zero over Kuran so he should just move on. Oh well, never really liked Yukki as a heroine anyway. I honestly just read this manga cuz I think Zero's cool and I want to see how his story ends. I really couldn't care less about the others. Lol!

Edited by RamenRenegade, 24 January 2013 - 02:13 PM.

• inzaratha, Alexdhamp and AmrodAegnor like this

4139c0ca-f053-40db-8794-a7ad05685299.jpg

"A Wise Man Can Learn More From A Foolish Question

Than A Foolish Man Can Learn From A Wise Answer." Questions?

Join the Legion of Ramen / My Fanfiction Account

Heaven & Earth: The NaruSaku FC

Spoiler A list of Ramen's Nicknames

Spoiler Favorite All-time Manga
  •  

• #16 Alexdhamp

Alexdhamp

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 766 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

Nah...I don't want Zero to get his memory back, RR. That way he won't have to suffer anymore, he won't suffer from her immature indecisiveness and he won't suffer from the bloodlust his love for her caused him(her latest actions would just cause Zero even more pain if he regained them, too.. And, I admit, again...a guilty pleasure I would like to see come to pass as it would show Yuki's foolishness coming back to bit her in her ass:

Oh, and the line "Mr Human lover who won't ever pull the trigger", I'm seriously hoping this is a foreshadowing that Zero kills her. She's going to do something thinking he won't shoot her, only to be surprised when he does...having completely forgotten that the thing that always kept him from pulling the trigger was his love for her...which she stripped him of. It'd be poetic justice, IMO.

Edited by Alexdhamp, 24 January 2013 - 02:41 PM.

• RamenRenegade likes this

#17 RamenRenegade

RamenRenegade

Rock Star

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,718 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

Nah...I don't want Zero to get his memory back, RR. That way he won't have to suffer anymore, he won't suffer from her immature indecisiveness and he won't suffer from the bloodlust his love for her caused him(her latest actions would just cause Zero even more pain if he regained them, too.. And, I admit, again...a guilty pleasure I would like to see come to pass as it would show Yuki's foolishness coming back to bit her in her ass:

I understand you PoV but I disagree.  I think suffering and more importantly, overcoming that suffering, is part of Zero's character. He's been through a lot, true. But Zero keeps moving on. Hell, he finally got over his urge to die. I think he'd get over this. I think he could over come the lady he loves when you consider all he's overcome in comparison already.

Besides, perhaps I'm reading this wrong, but it already looks like there are cracks in the wall Yuuki put up in his mind. His memories will come back.

•  

• #18 Alexdhamp

Alexdhamp

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 766 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

I understand you PoV but I disagree.  I think suffering and more importantly, overcoming that suffering, is part of Zero's character. He's been through a lot, true. But Zero keeps moving on. Hell, he finally got over his urge to die. I think he'd get over this. I think he could over come the lady he loves when you consider all he's overcome in comparison already.

Besides, perhaps I'm reading this wrong, but it already looks like there are cracks in the wall Yuuki put up in his mind. His memories will come back.

Well, you definitely have a point there. "Endure" and "persevere" are definitely a few words that come to mind when I consider Zero. Another thing that made me think of my idea besides my own guilty pleasure is that I heard this manga is supposed to be a tragedy when it's all said and done. I'm sure being killed by the guy you love(even if I question her love for Zero with her actions...), who used to love you, but doesn't anymore because you robbed him of those memories that caused said love...well, I feel this would be quite tragic to any girl. Additionally, we have to remember this is a Shoujo, too...so what would be considered tragic to the intended demographic?

Of course, this is based on the idea that VK is indeed a tragedy in the making...if it's not, then forget my speculations.

As for Zero's memories...I'm a little confused...I thought she took them with the blood, not sealed them? And the only thing that might say otherwise is him becoming aggitated when Kaname and Yuuki were making love...everything else is because he just plain hates Purebloods. Just because she removed(or sealed, but that isn't what they keep calling it) his memories of her doesn't mean she removed the memories of his tragic past and his family being killed. So that could easily be annoyance at a Pureblood being near him that we're seeing...not any reminiscent feelings somehow remaining.

Edited by Alexdhamp, 24 January 2013 - 03:16 PM.

#19 RamenRenegade

RamenRenegade

Rock Star

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,718 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

Well, you definitely have a point there. "Endure" and "persevere" are definitely a few words that come to mind when I consider Zero. Another thing that made me think of my idea besides my own guilty pleasure is that I heard this manga is supposed to be a tragedy when it's all said and done. I'm sure being killed by the guy you love(even if I question her love for Zero with her actions...), who used to love you, but doesn't anymore because you robbed him of those memories that caused said love...well, I feel this would be quite tragic to any girl. Additionally, we have to remember this is a Shoujo, too...so what would be considered tragic to the intended demographic?

Of course, this is based on the idea that VK is indeed a tragedy in the making...if it's not, then forget my speculations.

As for Zero's memories...I'm a little confused...I thought she took them with the blood, not sealed them? And the only thing that might say otherwise is him becoming aggitated when Kaname and Yuuki were making love...everything else is because he just plain hates Purebloods. Just because she removed(or sealed, but that isn't what they keep calling it) his memories of her doesn't mean she removed the memories of his tragic past and his family being killed. So that could easily be annoyance at a Pureblood being near him that we're seeing...not any reminiscent feelings somehow remaining.

Yes, she did "take" his memories. But taking and sealing can both be meant to be the same thing. Remember, Kaname "took" Yuuki's memories yet they came back. But you and I have both read enough manga to know how these things work. By will of the author alone, Zero's memories can return. And like you pointed out, the mere fact that he appeared agitated suggests that he feels something.

As for VK being a "tragedy" I'm beginning to doubt that. Every time we have the chance to see tragedy the author pulls back. Even now, with the chance to make Kaname a bad guy, the author pulls back. For a while I believed the story will end with all three of them dead. Now I'm thinking one of the guys will die and Yuuki will live on with the other. Right now it looks like that would be Kuran if I had to put money on it. That said, all this could be misdirection on the authors part only to have Yuuki eventually go with Zero.

But again, I don't care about any of that. The romance in this manga has lost me as I find Yuuki to be increasingly maddening. I just want to see what happens to my boy Zero!!

•  

• #20 AmrodAegnor

AmrodAegnor

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 519 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

Well, there's a panel where Kaitou sees Zero holding his head, like he has a headache or something. But then, he still should have Kaname's blood in him, so that could be the connection he feels...just thinking about it makes me puke actually, sharing a link with the other guy while he's doing the nasty with his girl. That's just wrong on so many levels. Not that I think that Zero really shares his feelings, just that something is going on. Anyway, I don't think Yuuki can remove others blood as well, but I might be wrong there.

@RR: Yeah, it was a 180% degree turn. One chapter is pro Zero and Yuuki deciding to fight with him and the next is the complete opposite and her giving in to Kaname again instead of doing what she promised herself. And I finally hoped she would carry things through, what with cutting her hair short. I saw it as a sign of her changing herself. Looks like it was just a fluke. Hino-sensei really didn't do herself a favor with this. Any way you look at it, it's bad storytelling. You can't have your character have a changing moment and then go back on it only 2 chapters later. It's the reason I'm so disappointed now, I never expected her to pull something like this.

Anyway, even if Yuuki has an epiphany about really loving Zero now, which I don't expect anymore, it is too late. The damage is done and she can't undo it anymore. I'm not talking about the memory being removed itself here, I agree that it can be undone, if Hino-sensei really wants to. No, the thing she can't get back is the trust between herself and Zero that she broke by betraying his love in such a cruel way. Something like this can never fully be repaired, even if it should be forgiven, it will never be forgotten. And I don't hope Zero even thinks about forgiving her.

That might be the tragedy part, but then it would be a crappy tragedy, because I wouldn't feel for her. She has brought it upon herself. Like I said, you reap what you sow.

Edited by AmrodAegnor, 24 January 2013 - 05:00 PM.

• inzaratha likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users