#561 Oben

Oben

Coffee and Cake

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,091 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 February 2017 - 06:25 AM

Eventually cards like Castle Link and Senets will drop off when people realise it's easier to not go minus by running these cards unless the Link effects are absolutely essential to trigger.

Castle Link is at least easily searchable... I don't think it will see much play, but if enabling your opponent's Link zones becomes important, it could prevent that by moving the Monster away.

And then only if the meta is still filled with Extra Deck users

There's a reasonable chance for that happening :lol: I expect Link-Pendulum for the next Meta though.

#562 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • LocationVarsity. Man do I like that term.

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:11 AM

Clarification on the whole Pendulum/ Extra Monster Zone thing has come in.

If you have a Pendulum Monster on your Extra Deck face up, you must summon it to the EMZ. Unless you already have a Link Monster, this means you only get the one Pendulum from the Extra deck. Then the rest come from your hand, I assume.

RIP 5 revive

Edited by Otaku-N., 21 February 2017 - 08:11 AM.

Spoiler clickyclicky!

#563 Oben

Oben

Coffee and Cake

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,091 posts

User's Awards

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:49 AM

I just read it too. The current Pendulum-cardpool seems pretty much dead with that, unless they unban Pepe...

But tbh, all Pendulums might need is an easily searchable Scale 1 or 8 that has "All your Main Monster Zones are treated as if Linked" as its Pendulum effect or something similar, which I'm fully expecting to come out really soon.

Edited by Oben, 21 February 2017 - 08:54 AM.

#564 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 09:53 AM

"All your Main Monster Zones are treated as if Linked"

Anything of this caliber, for Xyz and Synchro, would nigh invalidate the point of Links.

Spoiler clickyclicky!

#565 Oben

Oben

Coffee and Cake

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,091 posts

User's Awards

Posted 21 February 2017 - 10:06 AM

Anything of this caliber, for Xyz and Synchro, would nigh invalidate the point of Links.

It's a question of cost, imo. Imagine

Some Really Shiny Dragon

3 Level 10 Monsters

Must be Xyz-Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned in other ways. Once per turn: You can detach up to 3 Xyz-Materials from this card, select the same amount of Main Monster Zones on your side of the field, and for the rest of this turn, they are treated as Linked.

Not exactly cheap, but it might be balanced.

Edited by Oben, 21 February 2017 - 10:11 AM.

#566 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,136 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:21 PM

Clarification on the whole Pendulum/ Extra Monster Zone thing has come in.

If you have a Pendulum Monster on your Extra Deck face up, you must summon it to the EMZ. Unless you already have a Link Monster, this means you only get the one Pendulum from the Extra deck. Then the rest come from your hand, I assume.

RIP 5 revive

I still don't understand lol (I barely understood how it worked IRL anyway xD)

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#567 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 11:04 PM

I still don't understand lol (I barely understood how it worked IRL anyway xD)

Pendulums or Links?

Spoiler clickyclicky!

#568 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,136 posts

User's Awards

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:16 AM

Pendulums or Links?

Pendulums

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#569 Oben

Oben

Coffee and Cake

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,091 posts

User's Awards

Posted 22 February 2017 - 02:51 AM

Pendulums

You place two of your Pendulum monsters on the side of the field, and then you can summon monsters from your hand or face-up from your Extra-Deck with levels within the scale-range (scales being the diamond numbers). So if you have two Scale 4s, you can't summon anything, if you have a Scale 1 and a Scale 10, you can summon monsters with levels from 2 to 9. When a Pendulum Monster would be sent from the field to the grave (and only from the field, deck and hand are not affected), it goes face-up into the Extra-Deck and can be summoned again with your next appropriate Pendulum Summon. You Pendulum Summon once per turn. Pendulum Monsters also have Pendulum Effects while in the scales, and are treated as continuous Spell-cards.

That's about it, everything else is coming from effects like always.

Edited by Oben, 22 February 2017 - 02:52 AM.

#570 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,136 posts

User's Awards

Posted 22 February 2017 - 02:54 AM

You place two of your Pendulum monsters on the side of the field, and then you can summon monsters from your hand or face-up from your Extra-Deck with levels within the scale-range (scales being the diamond numbers). So if you have two Scale 4s, you can't summon anything, if you have a Scale 1 and a Scale 10, you can summon monsters with levels from 2 to 9. When a Pendulum Monster would be sent from the field to the grave (and only from the field, deck and hand are not affected), it goes face-up into the Extra-Deck and can be summoned again with your next appropriate Pendulum Summon. You Pendulum Summon once per turn. Pendulum Monsters also have Pendulum Effects while in the scales, and are treated as continuous Spell-cards.

That's about it, everything else is coming from effects like always.

Broken af
  • KUROkami likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#571 Oben

Oben

Coffee and Cake

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,091 posts

User's Awards

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:03 AM

Broken af

Nah, setting up the scales is an instant -2 and getting the right scales isn't inherently easy, the mechanic itself is fairly balanced. Of course they made a couple cards that broke it (and that were subsequently banned), but that's a problem of card design, not the mechanic. If you compare the impact of Pendulum in their era with Synchro or Xyz, they came in much weaker, because they kept supporting the other mechanics and guess what, even Rituals can be broken if you put in enough effort :lol:

Edited by Oben, 22 February 2017 - 03:05 AM.

• Tokoya likes this

#572 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,136 posts

User's Awards

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:36 AM

Official update from Konami about the new rulings for OCG

https://ygorganizati...swereverysorry/

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users