• LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:47 PM

5DS had some cool villains like this guy

Spoiler

HHHHHHNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG

• AndrewR5D4 and qrikzuh675 like this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#42 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,544 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:49 PM

My favorite villain in 5Ds was Rex Goodwin, because he was literally in charge of everything that happened in the first season. You couldn't beat him because he WAS the system and the enemy at the same time. The one flaw with New Domino City's politcal system is that the director of Public Safety has unquestionable authority.

#43 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,941 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:51 PM

I'm gonna re-watch 5DS after I finish Season 3 and 4 of GX...I miss Kiryu soooo much

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#44 wingman32x

wingman32x

Ace Attorney

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:56 PM

Will I be able to enjoy 5D's despite not knowing anything about Synchro's or other new card types?

My enjoyment of the series is kind of tied to understanding what the cards do and such. That's partly why I like the first series so much because those were the cards I used.

Do they explain things reasonably well?

#45 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,226 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:14 PM

Will I be able to enjoy 5D's despite not knowing anything about Synchro's or other new card types?

My enjoyment of the series is kind of tied to understanding what the cards do and such. That's partly why I like the first series so much because those were the cards I used.

yep its easy to  follow 

Better to die on one's feet than to live on one's knees

HUSBANDOS :wub:  

#46 wingman32x

wingman32x

Ace Attorney

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:29 PM

yep its easy to  follow 

I might have to give it a shot, then.

Still not watching Zexal, though :P.

#47 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,544 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:35 PM

Pretty easy to understand... Synchro Cards (which are placed in your Fusion Deck) require you sacrifice 1 TUNER (Tuner is a sub-type like TOON) and 1 or more other monsters whose combined levels equal the Synchro Monster's level. It's as simple as that. Pretty much everything in Yugioh is based on simple math.

To summon a Level 8 Syunchro Monster, you can take a Level 2 TUNER Monster and a Level 6 regular Monster.

Edited by AndrewR5D4, 01 June 2013 - 10:36 PM.

#48 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,523 posts
  • LocationIn the House of Hades

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:38 PM

So a new Fusion type monster, similar to the XYZ, cyber Dragons, and Hero cards?

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

"Ass Pull": Often the first term people use to show how dissatisfied they are with something before it can be explained.

"Bull shit": often the first term used when a person expresses their dissatisfaction with something and they don't like the explaination.

#49 wingman32x

wingman32x

Ace Attorney

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:40 PM

Pretty easy to understand... Synchro Cards (which are placed in your Fusion Deck) require you sacrifice 1 TUNER (Tuner is a sub-type like TOON) and 1 or more other monsters whose combined levels equal the Synchro Monster's level. It's as simple as that. Pretty much everything in Yugioh is based on simple math.

To summon a Level 8 Syunchro Monster, you can take a Level 2 TUNER Monster and a Level 6 regular Monster.

So it's basically a fusion without Polimerization.

Do both the tuner and other monster have to be on the field, or can you do it all from your hand?

#50 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,544 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:45 PM

So a new Fusion type monster, similar to the XYZ, cyber Dragons, and Hero cards?

Synchro and Fusion are different because you need a Tuner Monster instead of a Fusion Spell to invoke it.  Those new black cards (xyz monsters) are even easier, because all you need are two monsters of the same level as the card to summon it from your fusion deck.

My buddy and I still play the card game for fun from time-to-time, and I found that the new xyz cards are more practical than Synchro. I'm old fashioned, so Fusion is still my favorite fo the three types.

So it's basically a fusion without Polimerization.

Do both the tuner and other monster have to be on the field, or can you do it all from your hand?

Must be on the field, but since Synchro (like Fusion) counts as a special summon, it's not all that hard.

#51 wingman32x

wingman32x

Ace Attorney

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:51 PM

Ah, I see. I would think that it would be hard to keep some of those tuners on the field since some of them seem to be very weak. I have a few lower level ones and they're pretty weak.

Then again, you can just throw the regular monster out one turn, then summon the tuner the next turn and immediatly special summon the synchro.

#52 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,544 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:55 PM

Ah, I see. I would think that it would be hard to keep some of those tuners on the field since some of them seem to be very weak. I have a few lower level ones and they're pretty weak.

Then again, you can just throw the regular monster out one turn, then summon the tuner the next turn and immediatly special summon the synchro.

If all else fails, just drop a Change of Heart to use your opponent's monsters instead. Then pull out the tuner and tune them together to perform the Synchro Summon. :P

#53 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,523 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:03 PM

When you say XYZ I only think of

Spoiler

• Otaku-N., Sev, JDG973 and 3 others like this

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

"Ass Pull": Often the first term people use to show how dissatisfied they are with something before it can be explained.

"Bull shit": often the first term used when a person expresses their dissatisfaction with something and they don't like the explaination.

#54 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,544 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:06 PM

When you say XYZ I only think of

I was thinking the same thing at first...

#55 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,523 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:09 PM

What you're talking about are those stupid overlay summons or whatever they are called from Zexal, right?

http://yugioh.wikia....wiki/Xyz_Summon

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

#56 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,544 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:27 PM

What you're talking about are those stupid overlay summons or whatever they are called from Zexal, right?

http://yugioh.wikia....wiki/Xyz_Summon

Yeah, and they're extremely easy to use. Just because The main character (and most of the cast) from Zexal suck, the cards are actually an interesting addition to the game.

#57 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,523 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:33 PM

Of course they're easy to use when all it requires is two monsters of the same level, I mean a Marauding Captain would allow you to easily use one of them.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

#58 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,181 posts
  • LocationStamford Bridge

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:40 PM

Every single thing is explained, and I mean everything. 5DS is pretty cheesy, but I liked it overall.

There actually is one time when we get to see a Fusion monster in 5DS. No one uses Fusions because they're just outdated, but there is a use in one specific scene because plot demanded it.

Yusei's, the protagonist, favorite move is summoning a tuner, sacrificing it to summon a different tuner, then reviving the first tuner. Sometimes it results in making a synchro-tuner and tuning that with a normal monster to make a Synchro. It all depends on what plot demands.

I'd say that my favorite antagonists were Team Ragnarok. Unlike most opponents you see in such series, they had abilities on the same level as the protagonists.

Spoiler Thoughts on the worst characters

ilhd1c.jpg

#59 Darthwin

Darthwin

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,197 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:42 PM

There are a few tuner monsters that have effects that protect it.

Though I would say the most effective use of them is to go with Yusei's, Crow's or Akizia's

create a situation where you have what you need in one turn or almost what you need. Crow is usually a prow at filling his field and has a one turn kill deck. 

a23e6eac-0bb9-4711-9838-7b39c5f0527e_zps

#60 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,181 posts
  • LocationStamford Bridge

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:48 PM

There are a few tuner monsters that have effects that protect it.

Though I would say the most effective use of them is to go with Yusei's, Crow's or Akizia's

create a situation where you have what you need in one turn or almost what you need. Crow is usually a prow at filling his field and has a one turn kill deck.

Crow can fill his field, but that's usually all he manages, except when he's fighting inferior opponents, such as the Clown guy.

ilhd1c.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users