#601 Oben

Oben

Dirt Cheap

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,621 posts

User's Awards

Posted 31 October 2017 - 10:56 AM

So far, it's been really bad.  Terrible dueling and the MC being put in unrealistic scenarios for no apparent reason.  Because it's a virtual world, people can utilize magic powers and alter the virtual world.  People are affected by viruses and trapped in the virtual world.  It's really poorly done so far.

Sounds like standard Yugioh

I'll probably still try it out. I'm also willing to give it some slack early on, like Zexal - the first 30 episodes are almost unbearable, but it turns great with the Carnival finals and part 2.

#602 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationHyperbolic Time Chamber

Posted 31 October 2017 - 05:49 PM

Vrains is alright so far I guess , the new rules make me want to punch someone in the face tbh

#603 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,181 posts
  • LocationStamford Bridge

Posted 31 October 2017 - 10:54 PM

Sounds like standard Yugioh

I'll probably still try it out. I'm also willing to give it some slack early on, like Zexal - the first 30 episodes are almost unbearable, but it turns great with the Carnival finals and part 2.

Eh, it's worse, because at least standard Yugioh essentially makes sense.  Let's not forget that they had 2-3 recap episodes in the first 22-23 episodes.  Every duel is dragged out to awful lengths.  There aren't any quick onscreen duels.

Also, yeah, I get it, Japanese pronunciations, but genome is gee-gnome, not gay-no-may.

Even Arc-V's alternate dimensions made more sense.

Vrains is alright so far I guess , the new rules make me want to punch someone in the face tbh

The new rules are awful.

I think that in their attempt to make every duelist unique, it just feels cheesy.  Like when Yusaku was struggling against the AI duelist.  But then those two random Hanoi duelists in the most recent episode were defeating hundreds of AI duelists in mere seconds.

Moreover, a lot of the minor/irrelevant characters have really bad animation.

• KUROkami likes this

ilhd1c.jpg

#604 Oben

Oben

Dirt Cheap

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,621 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 November 2017 - 05:49 AM

The new rules are pretty cool in the actual game, but I guess they're hard to incorporate into the Anime, where strict positioning and surfing kinda weigh against each other... funnily, the YuGiOh part they could've been incorporated best into is Duelist Kingdom :lol:

#605 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:33 AM

But then those two random Hanoi duelists in the most recent episode were defeating hundreds of AI duelists in mere seconds.

It’s not like Yusaku is as skilled as Yusei and Yugi. The higher ranked knights are skilled.

#606 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:15 PM

It’s not like Yusaku is as skilled as Yusei and Yugi. The higher ranked knights are skilled.

He isn't.  In fact, I'd say that he's an average duelist, and his sig monsters aren't even very good.  Moreover, because of how his Skill works, he can just pull out a new Cyberse link monster that fits the situation whenever he needs one.

It's hard to know how skilled they are.  Well, they're certainly better than Genome.

I wish that Yusaku could duel a named character without Ignis being on the line.

ilhd1c.jpg

#607 Oben

Oben

Dirt Cheap

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,621 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 November 2017 - 09:17 AM

He isn't.  In fact, I'd say that he's an average duelist, and his sig monsters aren't even very good.

In the actual game, Firewall Dragon is borderline gamebreaking :lol:

#608 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 05:36 PM

In the actual game, Firewall Dragon is borderline gamebreaking :lol:

That is amusing, and I can kind of imagine that.

In the anime, everyone's all like, "Oh, no, a Rank 4 Link monster, whatever shall we do?????"  I'm hoping Firewall Dragon gets replaced with a better version, a la Shooting Star Dragon or Red Nova Dragon, fairly soon.

ilhd1c.jpg

#609 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 07:31 PM

It's getting worse and worse and the duels are just not entertaining.

• KUROkami likes this

ilhd1c.jpg

#610 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 04:21 PM

@KUROkami I can't even figure out what they're doing.  There isn't the flashiness of 5Ds duels, nor the build up of XYZ duels, nor the dimensional stuff of Arc-V.  There isn't the newness of the original or the uniqueness of GX either.

ilhd1c.jpg

#611 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 04:46 PM

@KUROkami I can't even figure out what they're doing. There isn't the flashiness of 5Ds duels, nor the build up of XYZ duels, nor the dimensional stuff of Arc-V. There isn't the newness of the original or the uniqueness of GX either.

Yeah I totally agree. I’s actually a chore to watch it now haha idk man
  • FrostyMouse likes this

#612 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:36 PM

@KUROkami

I can't believe that ep 29 was yet another recap episode.  Is that 4 or 5 of them now?

• KUROkami likes this

ilhd1c.jpg

#613 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:40 AM

The reason for so much recaps is simple: Vrains has no budget.

Basically, with Arc-V's opportunities squandered, Vrains does not have the same level of budget to work with. Hence, recaps in order to make-do and conserve their ammo.

As for the flow of the plot, Vrains more or less plays out like a detective story: just Yusaku plunging himself into battle after battle against the Knights of Hanoi, desperately clawing for any clues that'll lead to answers to the mystery of his lost past.

Author of the Sket Dan Helpers blog, come visit if you can!

http://sketdanhelpers.wordpress.com/

Owner of the Ansatsu Database blog, with information on our favourite middle school assassins:

http://ansatsu-database.tumblr.com

#614 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 10:17 AM

The reason for so much recaps is simple: Vrains has no budget.
Basically, with Arc-V's opportunities squandered, Vrains does not have the same level of budget to work with. Hence, recaps in order to make-do and conserve their ammo.

As for the flow of the plot, Vrains more or less plays out like a detective story: just Yusaku plunging himself into battle after battle against the Knights of Hanoi, desperately clawing for any clues that'll lead to answers to the mystery of his lost past.

With this post I’m guessing you understand why we feel this way about Vrians lol...

@KUROkami

I can't believe that ep 29 was yet another recap episode. Is that 4 or 5 of them now?

as soon as I noticed it was a recap ep I closed the tab and watched something else smh

@FrostyMouse
Soo for the helm of it I bout the Link starter and structure deck and dueled my friend..idk man I didn’t like it that much. Have you tried it yet? Also I hateeee the new format man...just hate it.

@FrostyMouse
Soo for the hell of it I bout the Link starter and structure deck and dueled my friend..idk man I didn’t like it that much. Have you tried it yet? Also I hateeee the new format man...just hate it.
  • FrostyMouse likes this

#615 Oben

Oben

Dirt Cheap

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,621 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 December 2017 - 12:13 PM

I've been playing the new rules online (because I live in the middle of nowhere and there's nobody to physically play with), and I like them a lot, tbh. Card placing finally mattering is nice.

• FrostyMouse and Chillman like this

#616 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 12:49 PM

I've been playing the new rules online (because I live in the middle of nowhere and there's nobody to physically play with), and I like them a lot, tbh. Card placing finally mattering is nice.

Where do you play online ? Ill sign up. Yeah I’m most likely in the minority .

Where do you play online ? Ill sign up. Yeah I’m most likely in the minority . Usually if we all play we wil only use the new format if someone is using Links

#617 Oben

Oben

Dirt Cheap

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,621 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:55 PM

Where do you play online ? Ill sign up. Yeah I’m most likely in the minority .

Percy. I'll pm you.

• Otaku-N. and KUROkami like this

#618 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:35 PM

as soon as I noticed it was a recap ep I closed the tab and watched something else

smh Soo for the helm of it I bout the Link starter and structure deck and dueled my friend..idk man I didn’t like it that much. Have you tried it yet? Also I hateeee the new format man...just hate it.

I clicked through, and the ending was slightly different, but I spent about 45 seconds watching it.

I can't say I have.

ilhd1c.jpg

#619 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • LocationVarsity. Man do I like that term.

Posted 02 December 2017 - 10:00 AM

So I heard Vrains starts real shit.

Why can't this franchise just get into consistency? It either flips everyone off in the first 20 weeks or shits on everything it builds up in the first 50.

JaAjRjC.png?1

Spoiler muh outdated stuffs

#620 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 12:20 AM

So I heard Vrains starts real shit.

Why can't this franchise just get into consistency? It either flips everyone off in the first 20 weeks or shits on everything it builds up in the first 50.

Nothing about the story makes sense.  All of the recap episodes ruin the pacing as well.  Even when there aren't recap episodes, there are odd comic relief characters at times.  For a virtual world that was created and operated by a corporation, they seem to have incredibly little control over it.

Every duel the MC is in has his AI on the line, but, for the most part, his opponents don't have much of anything on the line.

ilhd1c.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users