113 replies to this topic

#1 Don't say

Don't say

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

cabde57aeb5ea4d55d6c37e5bc9d90ab_0.jpg

The story of Drifters takes place during Japan's Sengoku period (roughly XV to XVII century), a time of constant warring between the island's states, and a natural setting of choice for samurai stories. Young samurai on verge of death suddenly finds himself into another, fantastic world. How? Why? These questions remain unanswered

#2 beakedbard

beakedbard

Skull Knight

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

Jesus is among us!

Bah i can't stand how long it takes for this manga to get released its sooooo worth it though~

Wondering what other kind of weapons they are going to add as of late i mean there's been a machine gun and a fighter plane i wonder if they'll bring anything else a little bit more modern and find intelligent ways to counter those weapons. 

#3 Don't say

Don't say

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

I hate these kind of manga where i must wait almost half a year for next chapter. Even more when i did all chapters in one go and can't sleep until i calm my hunger for story.

He said it(that bad guy) Firepowers are going to win a war so..

#4 Liar

Liar

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

Eh? I don't think it takes that long to update.

#5 beakedbard

beakedbard

Skull Knight

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

That's true but he could of meant firepower in any sense as in weapons or maybe even magic.

#6 Don't say

Don't say

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

Well he could. But for me. It sounded more like normal firepowers. Guns, bullets. Nothing else nothing more. Technology to win.

#7 Liar

Liar

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

Well, all things considered, technology can play a crucial role in war. Nobunaga was able to completely decimate the Takeda cavalry thanks to the use of the rifle.

#8 beakedbard

beakedbard

Skull Knight

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

True that but its very different when you are facing magically enhanced soldiers there's only so much a normal person can do unless he has the right tools we already know they have the intelligence which is why i wonder what weapons will be introduced later. 

BAH I WANT MY NOBUNAGA AVI BACK! ;(

#9 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:17 PM

I hate to sound rude but the description in the OP isn't completely accurate. It describes the plot of the first few chapters not the main plot of the whole story which is; 'historical figures from all over the timeline being drawn into a world filled with magic, elves, goblins and various other creatures to participate in a supernatural war while two mysterious figures watch over them.'   

#10 Hooded Crow

Hooded Crow

Robin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,832 posts
  • LocationThe Batcave

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

I was thinking that it's like a chess game isn't it? Those 2 are calling historic features to the battlefield and make them fight eachother. 

Now the elves and dwarfs and those dragons what are they suppose to be? Why did they choose such a world as their chessboard?

Spoiler My favorite things

Spoiler

zs2sNXR.jpg

#11 beakedbard

beakedbard

Skull Knight

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:36 PM

I wonder if they will introduce any other races apart from the general ones you see in most stories~

#12 Satan

Satan

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

I at least wish the chapters were longer. Would make waiting at least a little more justifiable. 

neworig14157_zpsea5d2e00.png

#13 Srki

Srki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

I hate to sound rude but the description in the OP isn't completely accurate. It describes the plot of the first few chapters not the main plot of the whole story which is; 'historical figures from all over the timeline being drawn into a world filled with magic, elves, goblins and various other creatures to participate in a supernatural war while two mysterious figures watch over them.'   

Or just say F/SN x lotr,it works. And yeah,it's sooo slow,and so worth it QQ

That's true but he could of meant firepower in any sense as in weapons or maybe even magic.

He got dragons,you could hardly find more firepower than that :D 

Bumping this for some discussion,what characters would you like to see,their personalities and powers?

#14 beakedbard

beakedbard

Skull Knight

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

Just realized he could put a kinda cross-over character in the form of Van Hellsing also they could probably bring Billy the Kid in there's almost limitless amounts of possibilities with the amount of history around the world.

#15 Liar

Liar

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

Abraham van Hellsing? That would be brilliant.

#16 Srki

Srki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

I've heard that there is trailer for drifters at Hellsing X OVA. 

Will check it out. 

And yes,we need unlimited badassaery of dude who owned Alucard.

E:

Edited by Srki, 28 December 2012 - 05:04 PM.

• Satan likes this

#17 Don't say

Don't say

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

Nice, i like how it looks. Though i'm thinking if that dude will send some people from modern / future society to that world.

#18 beakedbard

beakedbard

Skull Knight

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

YES! This is exactly what i was hoping for can't wait for this to happen i just hope he does as good a job as was done with Hellsing Ultimate and not the fail that was the original Hellsing.

On a side note from this does anyone know when Hellsing Ultimate 10 will get translated its getting frustrating now. XD

#19 Don't say

Don't say

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

Well this is about drifters not about Hellsing:p you should ask in otaku section^^

#20 De Facto

De Facto

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationIn your heart

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:44 AM

It's tough for me to stay excited for this series due to the huge lapses of time between scanlations. There's a ton of promise and potential, don't get me wrong, but for the number of pages you're given to read at a time, it just doesn't add up that well when you consider the weeks that go without a translation being put up somewhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users