#81 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:48 AM

If you're goiing to exterminate as many people as you can, then gathering them in one place is the most efficient method. 

Its fortunate that the drifters have access to weaponry that don't even need much training to be effective, otherwise they are pretty screwed as even if you manage to form some sort of army out of these dregs, they are but refugees hounded through many leagues with death right behind them. 

To win, they need to first solve this logistical nightmare. Perhaps the dogs and cats will be able to buy time?

#82 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,245 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 12 March 2016 - 04:08 AM

Indeed, it's really obvious that it is Jesus now. 

It makes sense that Jeanne D'Arc is with him. I wonder if we'll see the knights of the Temple... 

Also, I'm really interested in his backstory; he sure thought that men had failed after being given a chance to redeem themselves and so they don't deserve to be around in the Drifters world, but... why? 

And he was a Drifters, most likely, so was it the fact he was sent there that made him bitter? 

Also, Hannibal is awesome, even if it's just sleeping during a meeting. 

#83 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 12 March 2016 - 06:49 AM

What do you mean by why? He's been spouting it off almost every time he appeared.

He hates humanity because, when he tried to uplift them, they (or rather a specific group) crucified him. Simple as that. So given another chance, at the messiah thing, he instead uplifts the goblins etc. At least they are grateful.

#84 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,245 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:59 AM

What do you mean by why? He's been spouting it off almost every time he appeared.

He hates humanity because, when he tried to uplift them, they (or rather a specific group) crucified him. Simple as that. So given another chance, at the messiah thing, he instead uplifts the goblins etc. At least they are grateful.

That's... weak. 

As a reason, I mean. 

And it goes against everything he was supposed to be teaching during his life. Also, the crucifixion is part of the process to save the human souls anyway. 

At this point, it doesn't make sense that he turned his jacket and hated on humans. There has to be something else. 

#85 beakedbard

beakedbard

Skull Knight

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 12:07 PM

That's... weak. 

As a reason, I mean. 

And it goes against everything he was supposed to be teaching during his life. Also, the crucifixion is part of the process to save the human souls anyway. 

At this point, it doesn't make sense that he turned his jacket and hated on humans. There has to be something else. 

It might be more along the lines of the things done in his name after that point like the Witch Burnings etc. That wouldn't really make sense either though because he's meant to be transported to this world the second he dies. Then again his discussion with the magician (i forget his name) shows the Black King knows what happened during the dark ages. It seems more like a "I gave your race a clean slate and this is what you made of it" kind of angle.

On another note if he is Jesus I wonder if any of bible characters will get introduced Judas maybe?

Edited by beakedbard, 12 March 2016 - 12:08 PM.

#86 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,008 posts

User's Awards

Posted 13 March 2016 - 05:57 AM

That's... weak. 

As a reason, I mean. 

I think Easy is able to sustain the mood of an End at the time of their death. At least one book of the new Testament has Jesus crying in despair, so if you go with that, Jesus may just be in his death mood the entire time.

Also, it's fiction, and Hirano can do whatever he pleases :lol:

#87 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,245 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 13 March 2016 - 06:02 AM

I think Easy is able to sustain the mood of an End at the time of their death. At least one book of the new Testament has Jesus crying in despair, so if you go with that, Jesus may just be in his death mood the entire time.

Also, it's fiction, and Hirano can do whatever he pleases :lol:

IIRC, he was crying while asking his "father" why he was doing that to him. Was he also revolted towards humans? I honestly don't remember. But alright, that might be a reasonable enough explanation. I'll go with it if there's nothing else. 

And wait, Hirano is a guy? For some reason, I thought Hirano was a woman. 

#88 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,008 posts

User's Awards

Posted 13 March 2016 - 06:09 AM

IIRC, he was crying while asking his "father" why he was doing that to him. Was he also revolted towards humans? I honestly don't remember. But alright, that might be a reasonable enough explanation. I'll go with it if there's nothing else. 

And wait, Hirano is a guy? For some reason, I thought Hirano was a woman. 

Matthew 27:45-50 can be read as really gloomy:

45 From noon until three in the afternoon darkness came over all the land. 46 About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eli, Eli,[c]lema sabachthani?” (which means “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”).

47 When some of those standing there heard this, they said, “He’s calling Elijah.”

48 Immediately one of them ran and got a sponge. He filled it with wine vinegar, put it on a staff, and offered it to Jesus to drink. 49 The rest said, “Now leave him alone. Let’s see if Elijah comes to save him.”

50 And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit.

You can probably have a theological dispute about this, but if I was a japanese mangaka searching for a horrible historical death, that'd be a good place to start.

Yup, male.

• azer_moli likes this

#89 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 14 March 2016 - 08:45 AM

That's... weak. 

As a reason, I mean. 

You have to understand, the presumption here is that Jesus is just a normal human being (Well, in Catholic doctrine, which I assume -Hirano is basing things off of- he is too, but he is also more than that. To say more than this would be beyond the scope of this comment so I'll just skip to my point.) A normal human being, who in the end was not the spotless lamb, but one who was steeped in sin.

The crucifixion then was no moment of triumph wherein the oikonomia of grace took on new power and motive force, but instead was just some radical being executed in the most degrading and brutal way his society legally could do. 

END took advantage of Jesus' despair and placed him in this world for a do-over. 

Another point to consider is to remember that Jesus was not some hippie, love-all kumbaya guy. This is the guy who cursed a fig tree because it would not bear fruit. Who had irredeemable enemies in the form of demons (Jesus never forgave a demon, instead they were without exception, banished away in the end. Perhaps because they never sought forgiveness, and/or it was not possible for them to do so.. but I digress once again).

Apparently humans are the demons now, to be banished from the earth of which they are a blight and an obstacle for the meek inheritors i.e. orcs, trolls and goblins.

Edited by Lone_ant, 14 March 2016 - 08:46 AM.

#90 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,008 posts

User's Awards

Posted 14 March 2016 - 09:04 AM

You know, this makes me wonder if Easy gave Jesus his magic abilities or if he brought them from the human world. She clearly bestowed Rasputin etc. with their abilites, but technically, if Christian Mythology is a thing here, he could also have brought them with him on his own.

#91 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,245 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 12 April 2016 - 03:40 PM

http://bato.to/reader#bfd63c0f0ffd687e

Chapter 59.

Damn, that was SO hard to read... I honestly had to pronounce all the words in my head to make sense out of it. 

Translators are awful to people who don't have English as their first language, I swear... 

And of course, the end of the chapter was when it got supremely interesting... 

#92 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,008 posts

User's Awards

Posted 12 April 2016 - 03:56 PM

Soooo... is this going to be a reenactment of the Battle of Sekigahara? And Shimazu gets to win the battle he lost and died in this time?

#93 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A charming jerk

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,609 posts
  • LocationOne profile checks...Two profile checks...Three...

Posted 12 April 2016 - 08:47 PM

Damn, that was SO hard to read... I honestly had to pronounce all the words in my head to make sense out of it. 

Translators are awful to people who don't have English as their first language, I swear... 

This

I had a headache half through the speech.

#94 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,245 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 05 June 2016 - 05:27 AM

New really short chapter: http://bato.to/reader#05f6fc0f9ce2cb90

#95 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,008 posts

User's Awards

Posted 05 June 2016 - 06:21 AM

10 pages monthly really is short. But better than nothing, and it gave some insight on the two operators (for a lack of a better term). Especially on the nature of their "game" (which it is at least for Easy, not sure about Murasaki anymore. He is effectively playing too, even if his understanding of the Drifters is different from Easy's).

#96 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,245 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 07 July 2016 - 04:49 PM

New chapter! http://bato.to/reader#a63480e1ac6f242a

#97 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,008 posts

User's Awards

Posted 07 July 2016 - 05:07 PM

So short ;_;

I don't think this will be the final battle though... the hansa and the admiral aren't involved at all yet, and I'm pretty sure they'll play a role later on. But then again, it's really presented as the culminating battle, so maybe there'll be another front even if the BK dies now?

#98 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,245 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 08 July 2016 - 04:13 AM

Oh, 17 pages makes a whole chapter ^^

I love how they pointed out the importance of the black king and will aim directly at it. People who think before facing a whole army, that's nice. 

But we still don't know if the Black King has any weaknesses to be fair. 

As for the tactics, who knows, they might work or not... I would have liked to see Saladin among the Drifters, he was quite a great general too.

Also, the Drifters can't afford to lose now, can they?

#99 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,008 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 July 2016 - 05:22 AM

Oh, 17 pages makes a whole chapter ^^

Not in a monthly series :<_<:

I love how they pointed out the importance of the black king and will aim directly at it. People who think before facing a whole army, that's nice. 
But we still don't know if the Black King has any weaknesses to be fair. 
As for the tactics, who knows, they might work or not... I would have liked to see Saladin among the Drifters, he was quite a great general too.
Also, the Drifters can't afford to lose now, can they?

The Black King is probably mortal, and probably will have problems with modern weapons... even if he knows about them, if an airplane directly targets him with a machine gun or so, he might have bigger problems than other characters. Airpower also gives the Drifters an advantage to directly attack him, he has a few flying dragons, but I doubt they can hold out in a dogfight against an actual plane.

#100 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,245 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 09 July 2016 - 02:09 PM

I've been to the Japan Expo in Paris with @Acnologia today, and there was a conference about Drifters.

The beginning was awesome, we saw the OP for the upcoming anime (first in the world to see it : D), and it was pretty great. The animation is funny and surprising, but damn, the result was really nice. 

We've also seen the first episode.

Spoiler

And then, there was the interview. 

It's awful to say, I know, but Hirano was bad. I don't know if he lacked sleep but he seemed SO bored. He barely replied to any question, his editor did most of the job, and he actually asked for the interview to be shorter. He didn't care at all for the public (there was Mashima too today, and that was SO ENTIRELY different), he only spent his time bowing while coming on stage and leaving the stage. 

The only thing remotely interesting he said during the interview was that he had to think a lot lot lot about the story of Drifters to make it right, and he had to think so much about the Black King because he wanted him to be evil incarnated. That was it ^^

Oh and Drifters sells twice as much as Hellsing did in Japan apparently. That's what he said (or at least what the translator said he said).

Also... he didn't look at all like I expected. 

• taichi and Oben like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users