And so we move on from the honeymoon phase of the first set of questions into the nitty gritty of making this thing work.
Messi vs CR7, who is the better footballer?
CR7 is the more complete footballer, Messi is more effective in a team built around him, but if you had 11 CR7s (CR77 ) and 11 Messis playing each other. Team Ronaldo would come out on top 99 times out of 100.
I was ill prepared for this quest(ion) time, so the questions might be a little rough; my apologies.
You are fast asleep, dreaming a dream… it is an odd dream, one that feels so real, so lifelike… a white haired bearded man comes to you, his wise and ancient eyes seemingly piercing your soul, as he states in a loud, commanding voice “I am King Solomon! 10,000 years ago, I sealed four Djinn in lamps so that they would not cause chaos on this world. Alas! In the past few weeks, all four have somehow been released from their ancient prisons and are causing chaos throughout the world! You have been chosen by fates decree to go seal these Djinn before they wreck the very fabric of our world!’ Solomon claps his hands, and you awake with a start… noticing at the end of your bed, four Arabic style lamps and an instruction manual. Flicking through the manual, it states; “To seal each Djinn, you need a relevant sacrifice to that djinn and to say the magic words imbedded in this instruction manual” you nod your head after reading this, and set out on your Quest(ion) Time!
You reach the location of the first Djinn, deep in the wild depths of High Street. You read the instruction manual, “The first Djinn, Arsaces of Chaos and Shadow. His goal is to resurrect the ancient and evil Witch of Chaos and Darkness, an act he has already succeeded with. Now he is just hanging around, being a pain. You must say the magic words, and sacrifice the most evil person that is living in the world today by stating their name” You spy the blue form of Arsaces leaning against the wall, chatting up some girls. You immediately think of the most evil person living in the world today… which person comes to your mind, and why do you consider them the most evil person living?
Arsaces sealed within his lamp, you walk down High street to the nightclub, the location of the second Djinn Cyaxares of Lightning and Storms. You see the blue Djinn dancing amongst the ravers and party goers in the centre of the club and read the instruction manual, “Cyaxares goal is to oppose Araxes at every turn, aiding adventurers in the destruction of the Witch of Chaos and Darkness. Whilst this may be a worthwhile goal; alas he loots weapons from King Solomon’s armoury, giving it to wilful adventures. Such theft cannot be tolerated, therefore you must banish him by sacrificing your favourite type of weapon” Luckily you read through the book before you came and brought along your favourite weapon. What did you bring and why do you consider it your favourite weapon?
Cyaxares sealed, you move onto the next Djinn, Ardashir of Sea and Foam. Naturally, he is on the beach, perving on the girls in swimsuits, you stand on the rocks overlooking the beach, and look down at the instruction manual, “Ardashir conspired with Araxes to rid the world of Manga and Okatu goods; Alas he’s failed and he’s loafing around waiting to stir more mischief. Before he does; you must seal him by sacrificing your favourite manga series” With a tear in your eyes, you pull out the Tankobon of your favourite manga series that you own and prepare to sacrifice it; What is your most favourite Manga series that you own and why do you consider it your favourite?
Gez, this is easy, you think to yourself as you walk towards the next location, as you wonder why each of the Djinns are named after Persian Dynasty founders. You walk into a vast cavern, lava flowing down from waterfalls, as the fourth and final Djinn awaits for you; Cyrus of Fire and Destruction. You read the book, ‘Cyrus has the simple goal of destroying all existence. Be wary of him, the thing you must sacrifice is your greatest desire; you need to think of it and utter the magic word, Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious’ What is your greatest desire?
Before you can utter a single word; Cyrus turns around, his stare silencing you completely… A wicked grin crosses the Djinns face as the power that he gathered erupts and the world begins to crumble before you. Alas! You have failed. Yet a voice in your mind sings out; “You may have failed, but you did seal away three of the four Djinn. As a reward I shall allow you to survive and continue your life in the world reborn. You may take three people with you to the new world; only three, for Cyrus will destroy all creation and everything within it” Who would you pick, and why?
It's fine I'm an easy going type of chap so I forgive you.
Now then on to this surreal set of questions
1) Most evil person currently living, hmm probably King Mswati III of Swaziland. Over a quarter (up to a half) of the population of Swaziland is HIV positive but Mswati is a fan of sterilising and branding them (reportedly behind closed doors he supports outright euthanising them). He also passed a law that prevents women from having sex till 21, and requires them to wear tassels to show they're still virgins. If men break the law they get fined one cow, so when he promptly broke the law he fined himself one cow. He's also vastly corrupt and incompetent as a ruler. In short he's bad business.
2) I'm partial to tonfas myself they're lightweight intuitive to use and add a mean kick to your attacks, but you're rarely in danger of killing someone unless you set out to do so. If you're skilled enough you can use bladed tonfas for that extra bit of zest. So tonfas bladed or otherwise.
3) Hmm the only complete manga series I own is Black Cat, it is also one of my favourite mangas of all time so I guess it's bye bye Train Heartnet, I knew him Horatio.
4) My greatest desire is to be happy and content I don't care about the means I don't care about ways I just want to be happy and content. So I suppose I'd have to give that up and be miserable and unfulfilled my whole life. Sad times.
5) I'd like to be noble and say this important person or that important person. But honestly if there's only going to be four of us then realistically I should take 2 women and 1 man in order to repopulate and what not. So since I haven't found the love of my life, I'd take 2 female friends I'd be happy to spend the rest of my life with and one male friend too.
Best OMBR debate you were involved in?
Zoro vs Ray
Hmm I dunno about a bad one, there was one Naruto Fantasy battle that basically fizzled out after a page, so I guess that was the worst one since nothing happened in it.
1.) What got you most excited during E3 today/yesterday?
2.) You have the opportunity to craft a game. What kind of game would it be?
3.) What is your process for writing poetry?
4.) What is a quote that you adore?
5.) Would you rather go back in time to speak to yourself when you were younger or go to the future and talk to your older self?
1) PS4, cheaper than Xbox One, plus 100 titles within the first year. Also no need to connect to the internet every 24 hours and no restrictions on pre owned games. Also Watch Dogs it looks awesome.
2) In all honesty it'd be an RPG with a rich story and dry humour. I'd have combat in the vein of the original Fallout Games I think but I'm not totally sure.
3) I don't really have a process. Normally I write about a feeling or incident. I get the first draft thingy down and then I probably won't touch it for a month or so (or at least 2 weeks), if it still makes me feel the way I felt when I initially wrote it then all I do is just tweak it. If not I do a relatively big rewrite. If I'm writing for a contest or exam I just dash something off to do with the subject title and what it means to me. It's the same with stories.
4) "Do not read, as children do, to amuse yourself, or like the ambitious, for the purpose of instruction. No, read in order to live."
5) Hmmm very tricky. If I could speak to my younger self I could do a lot to rectify mistakes, on the other hand if I speak to my future self I could avoid making big mistakes in the future. I guess since my past has shaped my and my future is still in potentia I'd speak to my future self and mix things up a bit. I wouldn't want detailed knowledge of the future though because that'd be creepy.
I really have no idea what to ask you...
How do you like to have fun?
What's your favorite time to run?
Do you have a favorite pun?
Have you ever shot a gun?
Why do lasers always need to be set to stun?
...about that last question. Wouldn't it be much easier if the default laser setting was stun? That would defiantly save everyone a lot of time, as opposed to saying "Set it to stun" , then changing the setting after they've already been shot at a few times. How many red shirts in Star Trek could have had their lives saved if only they didn't have to mess with their weapon before being shot to death.
It's cool if you think of something else then get back to me.
1) Hmm I like to read, I like to play games/watch films, I like to play sports (particularly football cricket and basketball I like to box too but I'm not really supposed to anymore). And occasionally I just like space out. Ohh and I like to meet up with friends too.
2) I like to run at night time or pre dawn, but if I'm not in a particularly safe area then sunset and post dawn.
3) Hmm "No matter how much you push the envelope, it’ll still be stationery" and "I wondered why the ball was getting bigger, then it hit me" There's also "asphalt- a rectal problem"
4) Yep plenty of times. I was in the RAF cadets and gained my marksmen badges in the 3 offered rifles.
5) Look at this way, if you shoot yourself in the foot and it's set to stun you get a dead leg, if it's not you'll lose a foot.
Hmm but what happens when they need to shoot to kill immediately or need to blow up incoming rocks or something? Besides I'm pretty sure the red shirts are cloned somewhere and even if they're not they're basically incompetent, maybe it's the future's natural selection.
1. I've struck it rich, and am now a venture capitalist, and I'm thinking of seed funding you with funds and materials. What would you like to build, how, and why?
2. Things that make you despair in the world?
3. Intellectual disciplines (academia or otherwise) that you admire/hate? Why?
4. Personality traits you most admire/hate? From the perspective of: romance, co-workers, business partner.
5. You're Middle Eastern, so I'll ask this: Compare and contrast Western/Eastern cultural values, especially those that clash and are irreconcilable (including religious beliefs). What do you like/dislike, why, and how do you see the two sides of the coin ever living together peacefully?
6. The US falls finally as a super power financially--what's the first 5 things you expect or would want to see evolve in the world?
7. First/Current Impressions of the Gasm?
1) If money is no object then we set up power stations offer cheap power and monopolise the grid in a country or two, we then research into more efficient energy and gain a st rangehold in this area. After which we lobby all the major powers to use our new energy system. We then wait a few years so the old power stations get bought up and made into other things. At this point we essentially rule the world since we can make any demands we like with the threat of cutting off power to the world. We'd also be insanely wealthy so we'd own a country or so and a large efficient private army.
2) Stupidity through ignorance. I have no problems with people who genuinely struggle intellectually speaking because let's be honest the world isn't fair and we're all given different gifts/talents (for instance I couldn't draw a running panther to save my life). But people who are willfully ignorant and spread that ignorance, often leading to hate and intolerance, those people make me despair and weep for the world. Also reality tv it makes my skin crawl.
3) Though it's often not given much respect I'm a big fan of philosophy, I also think we should focus a little more on psychology and psychiatry. I admire but can't stand myself people who work in quantum mechanics and other theoretical physics field. I don't know if there's a discipline that I hate to be honest with you.
4) Bah another long one.
Ok so in order, romance. I admire people who are intelligent, honest, kind, funny, self confident and with enough of a mastery of sarcasm to be able to match blow for blow oh and people who read. Things I dislike Arrogance cruelty shallowness and as mentioned willful ignorance.
Coworkers admire: punctuality professionalism a sense of humour and the ability to laugh at themselves. I dislike people who are tardy who shirk their work and again the same things I dislike in the romance bit.
Business partners is basically a carbon copy of the above.
5) You know I'm technically Near Eastern right? Indian Subcontinent and all that. Also I'm going on record to say this is a stupid question. Not for the question itself which is decent enough but more because it's a question I can't fully answer here and I'll probably make a mess of what I want to say. So I'm just going to keep it very short which I'm sure will disappoint you but you know that you can always bring it up whenever and I'll give you a better answer.
In short "Traditional Cultural Values" are quite similar between the East/West (damn you and your arbitrary divides ) to be perfectly honest. However whilst the east has in general stuck with it's TCVs the west has adopted a more fluid approach to values. That's why even in distinct eastern cultures there are marked similarities even across the Near Middle and Far East whereas in the west there's actually a lot more variance than people would give credence to. For example a casual observer would say the US and UK have similar values, but honestly we're just as different as we are similar though we appear to be growing slightly more homogeneous.
In terms of whether or not East and West can live together and what not. Of course they can my family and I (and thousands of others) are living proof of this, that said it doesn't always work which is why you can see a lot of friction.
Things I dislike from the East include forced marriages and honour killings again these can be found in the near middle and far east and there's no sense to any of it. I admire the work ethic and the determination for self betterment
Things I dislike from the West include crass consumerism, waste, over indulgence and the encroachment of reality tv like culture.
There is plenty to admire however including again a desire for self betterment, I like the concept of universal rights and I'm a big fan western type humour (humour is very important to me since it's helped me in so many ways).
There's more to say for both but I'm trying to do this while I work so I have to be brief.
6) The emerging markets and China (which is a special case not quite emerging not quite established) would gain a sudden boom. Also we'd see mass panic stateside for a while, but tbh with you after an initial shock (say 10 years or so) the rest of the world wouldn't be in quite so much trouble. The US relies on us much more than we rely on them so to speak, and the same is true for any other Single nation. However you'd see a massive rise in inflation and people no longer trusting banks, the price of gold would sky rocket and there'd be distrust in the street. I imagine attacks on the US from every country/group it has pissed off would also increase as there'd be a lessened fear of reprisal. This would probably be a mistake as the US would be liable to lash out (and let's be fair it does have a tendency to overreact to situations), which could well lead to a global nuclear war, though obviously I hope this isn't the case.
7) First impressions I thought you were a very smart lad with a slightly disturbing signature I enjoyed arguing against and alongside you on a bunch of topics and tbh you and a few other posters (including strawhats) are a major reason why I stuck it out in the OP sections.
Current impressions, well they've only improved although you're a wee bit weirder than I initially thought, which is cool because I'm only marginally sane myself. Again you're good people.
what would make you kill someone?
I don't know. I'd like to think I wouldn't kill somebody, but I suppose defense of myself or my loved ones really, I can't stand things happening to the people I care about so more than anything happening to me that'd probably be a trigger.
1)any features of you you'd like to change ?
2)which fictional character would you like to meet in real life ?
3)healer or necromancer ?
4)favourite powers/abilities ?
5)current impressions of me? cause i'm pretty sure they're your first impressions of me xD
1) Are we talking physical or otherwise? Physically my twice broken nose is a little bit wonky, if I had to change something I suppose it'd be that (unless you count fixing up all the damage I've done due to injuries and what not), but to be honest I'm happy/comfortable with how I look, it's not particularly something that I think about or something that defines me. In other terms I have a tendency to slack off if I can't get something perfect (I'm a perfectionist in my work but I'm also not exactly lazy but reluctant to expend any effort more than the minimum required). I'd like to be able to rid myself of my insomnia too. I don't want to make drastic changes because then I wouldn't be any more if you see what I mean.
2) Shenron, gonna get me some wishes and not limited wishes like the genie from Aladdin (seriously Aladdin wished to be a prince and then barely a day later he wasn't anymore, come on disney)
3) In terms of personality I'd probably be a healer. In terms of gaming necromancer, in Diablo 2 after I got to level 12 I don't think I personally killed any enemies aside from Diablo and Baal.
4)Well I like Reality Warping, molding reality to fit your whims is pretty badass. But since that's kind of haxed I guess awesome telepathy cause you know mind control/reading makes me unbeatable no?
5) I like your posts and you seem cheery which means I like you .
Who do you think will win the Champions League next season?
Football stadiums you would like to visit?
Xbox One or PS4?
Favorite fast food chain?
Recommend me a manga?
1) I've got a sneaking suspicion Juventus or AC Milan will win it, but I'll say Bayern to be safe.
2) Nou Camp and the Bernebau the Allianz Arena and the Maracana.
3) PS4 I just can't agree with Microsoft on this one.
4) Subway though I'm not a huge fan of chains as food quality always drops.
5) Black Cat is awesome, Shougeki no Souma is a fun cooking/battle manga, Mx0 is good manga about magic (though the ending leaves a little to be desired) also Veritas (technically a manhwa) though again it has issues with the ending
And so ends round two. Thanks for sticking with me . Apologies if answers aren't complete/interesting enough feel free to ask a follow up meantime have a cookie unless you're diabetic in which case have 1 count it 1 carrot stick.
Edited by Nmaan, 11 June 2013 - 05:44 AM.